Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly (2147 Views)

She Desperately Wants To Marry Me / She Turned Him Down And Queried Why He Didn't Try Again. See Epic Response. / She Turned Down His Proposal, He Decided To Wear The Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
A very close friend and colleague of mine Stanley not too long ago took that "bold step" of proposing to his girl friend and believe me, it all went down even lovelier and thrilling than I had thought. His plan has been to propose to her on a very memorable day hence, he chose her birthday. Like I earlier said, stan is my very close friend so I know he's prepared for the "main task" ahead as he has a running fixed deposit worth over #2 million with his bank purposely set for his wedding coming up this December but, things became a bit funny as his girl friend's birthday drew closer. Although he had his romantic script well written,good concept,perfect location, and of course we his "24/7, whenever, however, always able and ever ready padis" are never wanting but, business abruptly too a down turn and cash wasn't flowing as it used to...... Please don't ask me why because of course everyone knows what's happening in the country's economy now..lol.. The ring has not been bought and some things needed to make the day "wowwww" have to be put in place but there was no dole "chuckles" so borrowing money from friends became inevitable and the last resort. Two days to his girlie's birthday stan was able to raise about #100k and so he was good to go.>>> NOW THIS IS WHERE I AM GOING...being so close to Stan, I saw the efforts expended, the stress passed through, the passion, the emotional feeling, the joy and enthusiasm in him towards making that very day such a memorable day, it then got me thinking aloud that .....biko what would have happened if for one reason or the other Chiamaka had turned his proposal down that day before everybody?

Really 'm scared o because I know i'll be taking same bold step from now till next year if Christ tarries...lol
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by CivilzedTyger(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
If my girl says no publicly i'll pick myself from d ground and walk away shamefully and cry all night cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nothing, I'll just go home and sleep..better luck next time

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Cutehector(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
It must be a yes!
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
Cutehector:
It must be a yes!

Jonzer tongue
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Cutehector(m): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
diamondmeeq:

Jonzer tongue
cmon, who"z gona say no to a diamond ring? cheesy
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by MRBrownJ: 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
if a man takes the bold step into doing this in public then they have to understand that it equally put pressure on the lady, and therefore the outcome could be catastrophic.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
Cutehector:

We aren't all materialistic u know cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
Op, your friend Stan really needs to slow down a bit,

For me, marriage proposal is a 50/50 thing undecided

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Cutehector(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
diamondmeeq:

We aren't all materialistic u know cheesy
see u, dis comin frm someone whose moniker starts wit diamond...

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by naijaboiy: 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
Tomfrench:
j
For jonathan cheesy
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
Cutehector:
see u, dis comin frm someone whose moniker starts wit diamond...

>sadDo not judge a book by its cover
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by naijaboiy: 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
Wait I don't understand.

Do you mean a guy will just wake up one morning and propose to his girlfriend when they have not talked about marriage before?

I thought at least you and your girlfriend would have talked about it so many times and even would have planned how the family will look like,,how many kids they'll have and all that.

How come when you propose madam will now turn you down?

I thought somehow somehow she'll have a hint that it's gonna happen some day?

I don't understand!

Do guys propose to random chicks these days?

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
naijaboiy:
Wait I don't understand.

Do you mean a guy will just wake up one morning and propose to his girlfriend when they have not talked about marriage before?

I thought at least you and your girlfriend would have talked about it so many times and even would have planned how the family will look like,,how many kids they'll have and all that.

I don't understand!

You are correct in a way but 'm sure you will also agree with me that our love stories arn't always the same. I've read about a lady who turned his guy's proposal down because she claimed not being fully ready for such a huge commitment at that time.though she later confessed that she regretted it afterwards but the deed has been done.
Another instance was that the lady saw the setting and the way and manner the guy proposed as being whack and un befitting..lol ...and it goes on like that...
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
naijaboiy:
Wait I don't understand.

I don't understand!

You are correct in a way but 'm sure you will also agree with me that our love stories arn't always the same. I've read about a lady who turned his guy's proposal down because she claimed not being fully ready for such a huge commitment at that time.though she later confessed that she regretted it afterwards but the deed has been done.
Another instance was that the lady saw the setting and the way and manner the guy proposed as being whack and un befitting..lol
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
CivilzedTyger:
If my girl says no publicly i'll pick myself from d ground and walk away shamefully and cry all night cheesy

Oboy that night ehn, e no go eazy for ezekiel oo..lol
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by CivilzedTyger(m): 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
riversproperty:

Oboy that night ehn, e no go eazy for ezekiel oo..lol
Lolz Badt Guy

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
Tomfrench:
Op, your friend Stan really needs to slow down a bit,

For me, marriage proposal is a 50/50 thing undecided

With no prejudice! It's obvious you didn't get my point wink
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by kennynelcon(m): 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
Must it be public?

Nothing much, I'll smile and thank her...no one is irreplaceable.
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
Bishopmayowa:
Nothing, I'll just go home and sleep..better luck next time

grin....just like that? it's both heart and jaw breaking bros!
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
diamondmeeq:

Jonzer tongue
grin grin real jonzer indeed

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by refreshrate: 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
riversproperty:

Another instance was that the lady saw the setting and the way and manner the guy proposed as being whack and un befitting..lol

If you dont understand the psyche of the woman to an extent in the first place
Why should you be marrying her in the second place?
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
kennynelcon:
Must it be public?

Nothing much, I'll smile and thank her...no one is irreplaceable.

Hmmmm!! Maybe u don't know that engaged and married ladies atimes share their "will you marry me experiences with themselves whenever such opportunities come to fore and believe me, none of them would want to say her boo proposed to her while you both were watching super story... grin
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
Cutehector:
It must be a yes!
grin real jonzer grin grin cry
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Cutehector(m): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
riversproperty:

grin real jonzer grin grin cry
loool hw I take jonse na
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
MRBrownJ:
if a man takes the bold step into doing this in public then they have to understand that it equally put pressure on the lady, and therefore the outcome could be catastrophic.
So what's ur point bro? undecided
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
Cutehector:
loool hw I take jonse na
For you to ever think that it must be a yes na grin
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by riversproperty(m): 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2015
refreshrate:

If you dont understand the psyche of the woman to an extent in the first place
Why should you be marrying her in the second place?

Na who me I go ask now? grin
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Cutehector(m): 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
riversproperty:

For you to ever think that it must be a yes na grin
she geh mind say no to 14 carat diamond? cheesy
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Daughterzion(f): 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2015
Cutehector:
i can! grin

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
@cutehector; until u show us d diamond ring we'll assume u're a joker undecided
Re: What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly by refreshrate: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
riversproperty:

Na who me I go ask now? grin

sorry i forgot to factor in you were just kidding and not really serious about your question.
My bad.

When its your time, please spare us, ok?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Harrassed And Almost Tagged G.ay, What Shud I Do Now / 9 Annoying And Worst Things Women Do In Bed / Guys How Do You Respond When A Lady Says This To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.