Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' (46378 Views)

BBC Interview: Mrs Buhari Did What Mrs Jonathan Couldn’t Do -APC ‘spokesman’ / NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency / MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by yanabasee(m): 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
wexyee:
wat u hate is dat this man will rule u for 8 yrs
He's Ur president and not mine... grin

He rules cows and horses NOT humans like me... grin

So I don't give a sheeeeeeeeeeeeeT tongue
Oh! And Presidents don't RULE, they LEAD the people. Only Dictators RULE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by yanabasee(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
azeeza:
Arrant nonsense.
You're so ugly and skinny....

Are u an Alien? grin
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by yanabasee(m): 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
azeeza:
Wailing wailer! Go and die.
This Ugly Alien grin
Please stop stalking me grin Humans don't banter words with ugly skinny alien.. tongue
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by brightleave(m): 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
u 4get that the army as at then was more infiltrated, unlike now that some fears have been instilled into them.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by rnrn: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
legendboy:
I dont really know what is going on. Is it that someone paid everycountry that promised to help us not to help again? I dont knw y muslims are in nigeria

You're an idiot. I've never seen so much senselessness in three sentences.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by jelal007(m): 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
Yeyeh dey smell....excuse upon excuse. Yet huge sums from defence were looted under his watch. Nonsense. When did Nigeria ever procure hardware from the west if no be gej wey dull. Our armaments come from china and Russia. But when elections came knocking, equipment started flowing in abi?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Anglovel: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
since a man with "political will" is now at the helm of affairs, has he ended the war? Instead we now hear of attacks everyday. And surprisingly these days, we never hear of when boko haram captures a town, we only hear of it when the army recaptures it. Abeg, face reality and stop apportioning blames.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Anglovel: 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
Good morning to all gullible Nigerians

So when Jona was saying this you all turn deaf ears

Now you want to act as if you guys didn't know

Buhari end this war or be impeached. cheesy
ok Saraki over to u!
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
brightleave:
u 4get that the army as at then was more infiltrated, unlike now that some fears have been instilled into them.
I won't agree when you say some fears been instilled into them. The major difference btw the army now from the past, is that the army in now better motivated. And has better chances to fight insurgency.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by smuth(m): 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:
Pls pls pls DON'T GIVE ANY EXCUSE FOR THE CLUELESSNESS AND INCOMPETENCE THAT BELITTLED THE PAST ADMINISTRATION IN ANNIHILATING BOKO HARAM. THEY HAD ALL THE TIME TO DO IT BUT THE PDP LEADERSHIP AND ITS CRONIES DECIDED TO LOOT THE NATION DRY WHILE PAYING LIP SERVICE TO THE WAR AGAINGST THE INSURGENCE THAT CLAIMED THOUSANDS OF LIVES.

The lord told me you are losing your senses...receive sense in Jesus name.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by WailingWailer00(m): 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
ArcIbrahim38:

What was he doing at the beginning.......or was that what YarAdua deed....he is the CnC.......and if it is a Hausa creation they Hausas should have not been the victims......what about henry okah who the president defended even though he was guilty... please reason positively...
Boko Haram boys were created but later broke off from their creators
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by tysa(m): 11:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
bestest001:
As President Muhammadu Buhari looks into the Boko Haram war efforts of the last administration, information has emerged that Nigeria’s traditional allies in the West deliberately frustrated the efforts of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s, towards bringing an end to terrorists’ activities in the country.

A security source disclosed in Abuja that Nigeria, during Jonathan’s administration, 25 letters were written to the United States of America and other Western nations, seeking to acquire weapons to combat the terrorists, but they all turned down the requests.

“What was most painful was the fact that Nigeria was not begging to be given those weapons as gifts. We were ready to pay for them but they turned their backs on us when we needed them most.“ The same people who made all the promises about assisting us to bring an end to the Boko Haram attacks and bring back the abducted Chibok girls did everything they could to frustrate our efforts. “A conclusion was reached that the nation would suffer more devastation should she continue to beg those we regarded as our friends when things were going on well with us. It was at that point that the nation had to look elsewhere, especially towards the East and Asia”, he said.

Source: http://ynaija.com/jonathan-couldnt-end-insurgency/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Yes they decided not to help simply because the integrity and firmness in decision of the past government was in question. The do not have confidence in them. How are they sure those playing politics with BH will buy and use the same weapons to crush n crumble Nigeria totally. The past govt was infiltetated with BH sponsors all around along with moles sabotaging efforts of counter terrorism. The western world ain't just silly to let in their arsenal to see you crumble a nation which is dear to the whole universe.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by jane121: 4:57am On Sep 08, 2015
kokoA:
The only reason why GEJ could not fight BH was lack of political will and corruption. His cabinet members and military chiefs were feeding fat on funds meant for prosecution of the war and I'd be surprised if he wasn't aware, he probably thought that the insurgency in the north will work to his favor in terms of votes not knowing that God had other plans. Don't tell me that crap about USA refusing to sell weapons to us. Where did the military get the weapons they used taking the bloody terrorists down few weeks before the election? For six years you knew you had alternative means of getting weapons yet you allowed our gallant soldiers to suffer and die for nothing angry dismissing or giving death sentences to those who dare to challenge the system.

Thank God we now have a leader in Baba who has genuine consign for the country and her people (citizens of the north east and our courageous military men in theater of war). Looking at our new service chiefs you will know these men know exactly what to do and how to get it done. The chief Army staff in particular leads his troop on the field and not from and an ac tight office somewhere in Abuja.
. You Nailed it,God bless u.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by azeeza(f): 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
Take a good look at yourself son.
yanabasee:

This Ugly Alien grin
Please stop stalking me grin Humans don't banter words with ugly skinny alien.. tongue
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by yanabasee(m): 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
azeeza:
Take a good look at yourself son.
Yes mom grin .... After which you adopt me... I noticed u have the looks of an APE... And you have all the characteristics of a female monkey! grin
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Ybaby: 6:50am On Sep 11, 2015
Seun:
That's awful but its still nothing compared to what's been going on in the north east.

We have made the payment of Naira**.*** to your Zenith bank account.

It came from ****** - GTBank.

Please credit Ybaby with the funds for advertising

Been sending you mails - no response
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by hitchowoyemi(m): 9:37am On Sep 27, 2015
Reyginus:
I dont agree with that. Muslims are not more than the Christians in Nigeria. Ignorance is a bliss here if you get what I mean.

U can't statistically correct me if i'm wrong man. *bows*..
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 27, 2015
hitchowoyemi:

U can't statistically correct me if i'm wrong man. *bows*..
Lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Troops Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists At Major Cattle Market In Borno. See Photos / Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock / "Jega Needs All The Help He Can Get" - APC Says In Hilarious Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.