Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,004 members, 7,810,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' (46374 Views)

BBC Interview: Mrs Buhari Did What Mrs Jonathan Couldn’t Do -APC ‘spokesman’ / NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency / MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
You don't need that. Boko Haram has gone past mere condemnation. The inspiration and incentive is from a higher source now. It is just a will to win on the part of the leader. Jonathan should have left Ihejirika there. That was the mistake he made.

What Buhari needs now is to use the Americans since they are showing interest. I know they have an interest detrimental to ours. But Buhari needs to use them. Make them think their plan is working while advancing his.

Don't expect religious leaders who are not willing to die for they hold true to do anything. As in, if you believe in a heavenly after life what are you still doing with a helmet? Our religious leaders are cowards who do not even know what they believe.

The North accused Ihejirika of genocide that's why Jona dropped him. cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 07, 2015
ellechrystal:

I hope the cluefull and macho present government fights n wins.
Because d same US who promised to help d intelligent daura president said they won't give weapons same as they did Jonathan. U know d reason y.
So stop talking in that manner. Cos in 3 years u may not be able to defend the present govt
Forget about that country of double standards. The strategy has changed but the tactics remain the same. They will offer weapons. Why they did that in the time of GEJ was because of some sense in his cluelessness.

Take control away from America and you become an enemy. The only way is to pretend you don't know you are being controlled. Control their control. They will try the same with PMB but if he proves too stubborn then psychological and emotional warfare is used against him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 07, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

The North accused Ihejirika of genocide that's why Jona dropped him. cool
I'm saying he shouldn't have dropped him. That was his undoing in the war against Book Haram. War may be won on any side by effective shedding of the nation's emotions.

In war, the general, skilled in the art, is the master and not the president schooled in another art. No matter what you don't change a winning team in any game. That's the rule of Victory. When you are destroying your enemy you must be sure he's wholly dead before you attend to the emotional needs or wants of others.

Imagine trying to puncture the nose of a stubborn foe and the people nearby shouting: 'you go kill am o' repeatedly. You don't listen to them if you know what you want. That's how the military is. Never surrender or change anything when you are advantaged.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by BlackrulesDworld(m): 8:26am On Sep 07, 2015
And as your booari ended it. Booari=chief architect of BH bois
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
And as your booari ended it.
=chief architect of BH bois
I don't think so. He is not any sponsor. But one thing I am sure is that he was sympathetic to them. The comparison with militants show it is hundred percent. He loved them once. I don't know if he still does.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
I'm saying he shouldn't have dropped him. That was his undoing in the war against Book Haram. War may be won on any side by effective shedding of the nation's emotions.

In war, the general, skilled in the art, is the master and not the president schooled in another art. No matter what you don't change a winning team in any game. That's the rule of Victory. When you are destroying your enemy you must be sure he's wholly dead before you attend to the emotional needs or wants of others.

Imagine trying to puncture the nose of a stubborn foe and the people nearby shouting: 'you go kill am o' repeatedly. You don't listen to them if you know what you want. That's how the military is. Never surrender or change anything when you are advantaged.

In politics, sometimes you sacrifice victory.

Jonathan knew that the Western Nations were against him and he doesn't have the military power to resist the West if they take the side of the Opposition like they did in Ivory Coast cool

2 Likes

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by BlackrulesDworld(m): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
I don't think so. He is not any sponsor. But one thing I am sure is that he was sympathetic to them. The comparison with militants show it is hundred percent. He loved them once. I don't know if he still does.

Forget anything he comes out to say or what you see on the media, we never can tell. To say a man that once show warmth and affection for BH is not part of them is denying the obvious.

The only thing that can and will stop BH from existin is amnesty, without that BH will continue throughout this bubu regime with lots of blood shedding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
You don't need that. Boko Haram has gone past mere condemnation. The inspiration and incentive is from a higher source now. It is just a will to win on the part of the leader. Jonathan should have left Ihejirika there. That was the mistake he made.

What Buhari needs now is to use the Americans since they are showing interest. I know they have an interest detrimental to ours. But Buhari needs to use them. Make them think their plan is working while advancing his.

Don't expect religious leaders who are not willing to die for they hold true to do anything. As in, if you believe in a heavenly after life what are you still doing with a helmet? Our religious leaders are cowards who do not even know what they believe.

The same northerner elders cried foul n criticized GEJ n Iherijika and reported him to ICC for crime against humanity when they were winning the war, BH started colonising villages the very day they removed him "Ihejirika" as Army commander. Only the truth will set them free

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 07, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

In politics, sometimes you sacrifice victory.

Jonathan knew that the Western Nations were against him and he doesn't have the military power to resist the West if they take the side of the Opposition like they did in Ivory Coast cool
In war, you don't sacrifice Victory. You may sacrifice a battle or some men but not the goal. Sisi is an example here. The Western Nations can do nothing until you let them.

After Morsi messed up and outsted with the fingers of the Muslim Brotherhood. The court cases. The sentences. The outcry in Ihejirika's reign was child's play compared to what Egypt and Sisi got. But the good General and then President ignored them. Sisi knew that the only way to attain victory is to ignore the noisemakers.

America threatened a cessation of the annual military training but Sisi ignored them. Saudi Arabia stepped in and the Americans seeing the effects of a fallout with Egypt had to reconsider. He didn't beg the west. Today the MB only exist in books.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 07, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

Forget anything he comes out to say or what you see on the media, we never can tell. To say a man that once show warmth and affection for BH is not part of them is denying the obvious.

The only thing that can and will stop BH from existin is amnesty, without that BH will continue throughout this bubu regime with lots of blood shedding
He may want it but he will not try it. The consequences would be disastrous. I just have a blind faith it will come to an end. Even if temporarily so the party can win the next election.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 07, 2015
mianyaegbu:

The same northerner elders cried foul n criticized GEJ n Iherijika and reported him to ICC for crime against humanity when they were winning the war, BH started colonising villages the very day they removed him "Ihejirika" as Army commander. Only the truth will set them free
That's part of the reason I strongly believe that we will never live in peace in this country. NEVER.

2 Likes

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
In war, you don't sacrifice Victory. You may sacrifice a battle or some men but not the goal. Sisi is an example here. The Western Nations can do nothing until you let them.

After Morsi messed up and outsted with the fingers of the Muslim Brotherhood. The court cases. The sentences. The outcry in Ihejirika's reign was child's play compared to what Egypt and Sisi got. But the good General and then President ignored them. Sisi knew that the only way to attain victory is to ignore the noisemakers.

America threatened a cessation of the annual military training but Sisi ignored them. Saudi Arabia stepped in and the Americans seeing the effects of a fallout with Egypt had to reconsider. He didn't beg the west. Today the MB only exist in books.

Until we build a strong military power that can produced its own advanced weapons in large quantities, we are at the mercy of Western politics.

That's why the Asians went into weapons technology to protect their sovereignty from Western politics

Remember Ivory Coast. cool

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:04am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
He may want it but he will not try it. The consequences would be disastrous. I just have a blind faith it will come to an end. Even if temporarily so the party can win the next election.

Stop having a blind faith. I beseech you to face reality and look at the possibility of this from a proper angle. BH as received a lot of reinforcement from different islamic groups: the likes of ISIS and so on since booari got to power. So face it!
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 07, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Until we build a strong military power that can produced its own advanced weapons in large quantities, we are at the mercy of Western politics.

That's why the Asians went into weapons technology to protect their sovereignty from Western politics

Remember Ivory Coast. cool
In the case of Ivory Coast Gbagbo messed up. You lost why not step down. It is not the same thing here. But then I don't solely blame the country but the Union. The African Union. As long as tyrants rule, as long as the the systems of governance vary the AU will be weak from disunity.

I agree we have to be independent to be less dependent. But we also need internal unity. Even a weak but united family is hard to crack.

2 Likes

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 07, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

Stop having a blind faith. I beseech you to face reality and look at the possibility of this from a proper angle. BH as received a lot of reinforcement from different islamic groups: the likes of ISIS and so on since booari got to power. So face it!
That's why it's a blind faith in the first place. My only happiness after the election is that there'd be peace in the next four years in the lives of Southerners living in the North.

Though it's very difficult to see a terrorist group disappear I'm hoping it happens.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:17am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
That's why it's a blind faith in the first place. My only happiness after the election is that there'd be peace in the next four years in the lives of Southerners living in the North.

Though it's very difficult to see a terrorist group disappear I'm hoping it happens.

Is there now peace in the life of southerners living in the north?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by DelGardo: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2015
The north did not allow him to fight Bokoh Haram, the east did not allow him to build new road or rehabilitate existing ones, his wife did not allow him to acknowledge the kidnap of Chibok girls, the west did not allow him to do anything about the health sector in 5 years, the south south did not allow him to clean up their polluted land and water.

And the classic "APC was sabotaging his power sector reforms by blowing pipelines" even when the country was being bled by militants for pipiline security.

Five years of throwing blame around. GEJ was incompetent simples; and we got rid of him.

5 Likes

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2015
yanabasee:
Sai Baba grin.
Sai scam.
Sai I love to travel.
Sai I am a scam.
Sai Nigeria will be islamised.
Sai my asset declaration is fake.
Sai Ghananians doesn't know I'm a tyrant grin
Sai I have just 1million naira.
Sai I can't do with cows. That's why I think like a cow
Sai I love propaganda.
Sai my party knows how to cover me up.
Sai I don't care about what Nigerians say about me.
Sai I'll deliver Nigeria when I'm 77years grin
Sai grin tongue

sai wailing Biafra.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by okotv(m): 9:34am On Sep 07, 2015
I wish I could just say what I know about the war but I won't cause its confidential. All I would say is simple, be happy Jonathan was voted out.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Firefire(m): 9:34am On Sep 07, 2015
TIME SHALL TELL....

Farewell Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by mediachirps(m): 9:35am On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:
Pls pls pls DON'T GIVE ANY EXCUSE FOR THE CLUELESSNESS AND INCOMPETENCE THAT BELITTLED THE PAST ADMINISTRATION IN ANNIHILATING BOKO HARAM. THEY HAD ALL THE TIME TO DO IT BUT THE PDP LEADERSHIP AND ITS CRONIES DECIDED TO LOOT THE NATION DRY WHILE PAYING LIP SERVICE TO THE WAR AGAINGST THE INSURGENCE THAT CLAIMED THOUSANDS OF LIVES.
let's see what your president body odor will do.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by PassingShot(m): 9:36am On Sep 07, 2015
Seun:
The Christian president chose to forgo weapons rather than end human rights violations. The muslim president did the opposite. Very ironic.
grin grin grin

Funny right?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 07, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

Is there now peace in the life of southerners living in the north?
A certain kind of peace. A certain comfort. I was born, raised and still breeding here. If they are happy then the riots happen less except among the Muslim factions. Power is the source of happiness in this case. There will never be peace in this country.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by fergus0n: 9:37am On Sep 07, 2015
Since I came bck frm barn I hvn't hit fp seun dere is God ooo
Since I startd followinq NL I hvn't been FTC Seun must be probed!!!
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by adesegun121(m): 9:37am On Sep 07, 2015
Ok
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Otunbatrafford: 9:37am On Sep 07, 2015
I don't believe this trash.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 07, 2015
Mr Seun, even though you are entitled to your opinion, you aren't permitted to bear such here for one simple reason:
As the owner of Nairaland your opinion(s) are supposed to be scritly to your self.
Some people automatically take your opinion as binding and authentic.

2 Likes

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by arafone(m): 9:39am On Sep 07, 2015
legendboy:
I dont really know what is going on. Is it that someone paid everycountry that promised to help us not to help again? I dont knw y muslims are in nigeria
why are christians den in nigeria?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by chiefoboh1(m): 9:39am On Sep 07, 2015
[quote author=divinehand2003 post=37747802]Pls pls pls DON'T GIVE ANY EXCUSE FOR THE CLUELESSNESS AND INCOMPETENCE THAT BELITTLED THE PAST ADMINISTRATION IN ANNIHILATING BOKO HARAM. THEY HAD ALL THE TIME TO DO IT BUT THE PDP LEADERSHIP AND ITS CRONIES DECIDED TO LOOT THE NATION DRY WHILE PAYING LIP SERVICE TO THE WAR AGAINGST THE INSURGENCE THAT CLAIMED THOUSANDS OF LIVES.[/quote. Do u have sense?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 07, 2015
expee06:
Mr Seun, even though you are entitled to your opinion, you aren't permitted to bear such here for one simple reason:
As the owner of Nairaland your opinion(s) are supposed to be scritly to your self.
Some people automatically take your opinion as binding and authentic.
That's not rational. Whoever does that has self to blame and not Seun. Maybe it is cotton wool up there and not the grey matter for them.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Odani: 9:39am On Sep 07, 2015
mianyaegbu:
Boko haram is never going to end until huasa elites n religious leader tell themselves and their children the truth..

TRUE TALK, THEY NEED TOTAL REHABILITATION. I MEAN HOW CAN SOME ONE HOLD MORE 'SACRED' NOT DRINKING ALCOHOL THAN HUMAN LIVES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose's Newspaper Advert Against Buhari In 2015 (Throwback Photo) / Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock / "Jega Needs All The Help He Can Get" - APC Says In Hilarious Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.