Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' (46375 Views)

BBC Interview: Mrs Buhari Did What Mrs Jonathan Couldn’t Do -APC ‘spokesman’ / NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency / MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by nwatch: 11:50am On Sep 07, 2015
Chinese investment in Nigeria During GEJ time was the sole reason the west turned its back. Now we go back to them for help and we no longer hear news of China in Nigeria.

Well Buhari is wise, but Nigeria is too divided to go anywhere.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
If you really think that's what happened then you don't know America or the West. To even begin with, what are these violations of human rights? The useless Amnesty International whose only searchlight is in Africa and the East will never see anything good here. When the military invited them to investigate the issue with them none showed up.

What is America doing and did in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria in the guise of rebels, Yemen, Libya in the name of NATO? America has destroyed the middle east and heading to North Africa.

What about the wickedness of Israel in Palestine? Using individuals as human shields. Destroying an entire people because of a single terrorist or bunkers that may not even exist. Shooting little boys for throwing Stones at the Soldiers. Conducting military training in Palestinians neighborhood.

The same 'human rights' America give Israel 3Billion Dollars in Military support every year to sustain this evil. And Israel has just made it legal to shoot at kids throwing stones. What has the useless Amnesty International said about it? I had to reply to this because I think you should know better. America has never helped any country to defeat terrorism. And Israel as long as they remain terrorists themselves will never defeat terrorism.

Brilliant analysis. I absolutely agree with you. America is truly d real villain and has nva really helped any country 2da defeat terrorism. In Syria, for example 2da, let's luk at al-Nusra Front. U.S once supported dis group in toppling the Assad regime. 2da it is dubbed a terrorist organization, wen it went haywire. Assad has been killing his people for long enjoying Russian support, all U.S is doing nao is 2 bark at Assad nd Russia, perhaps maybe cos Syria lacks d resources existent in Libya nd Iraq DTS why dey av not intervened militarily.
Let's even go back in history. Remember d story of Patrice Lumumba how the U.S was involved in his death tru d CIA, cos of his gravitation towards Russia, dere choice of Mobutu Sese Seko,who destroyed the entire country. D same goes for CAR, c ow Bedel Bokkassa tuk ova power nd ruined d country. There are so many instances.
Today, luk at watz happened to Egypt...d truth z DT whereeva U.S intervenes DT place becomes worsted.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 07, 2015
nwatch:
Chinese investment in Nigeria During GEJ time was the sole reason the west turned its back. Now we go back to them for help and we no longer hear news of China in Nigeria.

Well Buhari is wise, but Nigeria is too divided to go anywhere.
Dey expect us to go back to dem nd become d underdogs where dey begin to dictate to us ow to run our govt. Well lyk u said Buhari is wise.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
Namady:

Thats the misconception you people have. You assume every northerner is hausa right?

Muhammad Yusuf was not a hausa man, Abubakar Shekau too is not hausa, they are northeners of course but not Hausas.
Too many misconceptions. Wat most non northerners do not know z DT dere are so many ethnics groups in d north. Even more than we have in oda parts of the country.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by mickey45: 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
That's not rational. Whoever does that has self to blame and not Seun. Maybe it is cotton wool up there and not the grey matter for them.

It'll to me be a myopic thing to do if one expects the owner of a school to be able to teach all the subjects in that school efficiently, or that the V.C of a Uni. shd be so vast as to be able to teach all courses.

Ditto for this
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2015
zenopee:

Brilliant analysis. I absolutely agree with you. America is truly d real villain and has nva really helped any country 2da defeat terrorism. In Syria, for example 2da, let's luk at al-Nusra Front. U.S once supported dis group in toppling the Assad regime. 2da it is dubbed a terrorist organization, wen it went haywire. Assad has been killing his people for long enjoying Russian support, all U.S is doing nao is 2 bark at Assad nd Russia, perhaps maybe cos Syria lacks d resources existent in Libya nd Iraq DTS why dey av not intervened militarily.
Let's even go back in history. Remember d story of Patrice Lumumba how the U.S was involved in his death tru d CIA, cos of his gravitation towards Russia, dere choice of Mobutu Sese Seko,who destroyed the entire country. D same goes for CAR, c ow Bedel Bokkassa tuk ova power nd ruined d country. There are so many instances.
Today, luk at watz happened to Egypt...d truth z DT whereeva U.S intervenes DT place becomes worsted.
True but most Nigerians don't know this. They will say it is because of corruption and you begin to wonder if they really follow events at all. Like it started under GEJ's regime. Some will tell you under his regime corruption became norm but when you look at our history you see the ignorance and/or hate laced with statements like that.

I think the main reason Assad still stands today is Russia. And I'm happy, at times, that we have Russia. Assuming no opposing power America would have done worse. Syria is lucky to have Russia on their side. Ukraine would have been another play ground today for the Americans if the Russians had not exerted strong will. Though they are almost the same the good thing about Russia is that they don't hide their intentions from the outset. I can din with such an enemy.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
mickey45:

It'll to me be a myopic thing to do if one expects the owner of a school to be able to teach all the subjects in that school efficiently, or that the V.C of a Uni. shd be so vast as to be able to teach all courses.

Ditto for this
Exactly.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
If you really think that's what happened then you don't know America or the West. To even begin with, what are these violations of human rights? The useless Amnesty International whose only searchlight is in Africa and the East will never see anything good here. When the military invited them to investigate the issue with them none showed up.

What is America doing and did in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria in the guise of rebels, Yemen, Libya in the name of NATO? America has destroyed the middle east and heading to North Africa.

What about the wickedness of Israel in Palestine? Using individuals as human shields. Destroying an entire people because of a single terrorist or bunkers that may not even exist. Shooting little boys for throwing Stones at the Soldiers. Conducting military training in Palestinians neighborhood.

The same 'human rights' America give Israel 3Billion Dollars in Military support every year to sustain this evil. And Israel has just made it legal to shoot at kids throwing stones. What has the useless Amnesty International said about it? I had to reply to this because I think you should know better. America has never helped any country to defeat terrorism. And Israel as long as they remain terrorists themselves will never defeat terrorism.

My only concern about your position is the issue of Israel and Palestine. Israel has a right to protect themselves against terrorists who hide among civil populace to cause mayhem. If the civilians are not complicit in the arrangements, they should move away from areas occupied by militants. It's the same way it happens every place where terrorism and politics mix.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by yayankainuwa: 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
yanabasee:
Sai Baba grin.
Sai scam.
Sai I love to travel.
Sai I am a scam.
Sai Nigeria will be islamised.
Sai my asset declaration is fake.
Sai Ghananians doesn't know I'm a tyrant grin
Sai I have just 1million naira.
Sai I love cows. That's why I think like a cow.
Sai I love propaganda.
Sai my party knows how to cover me up.
Sai I don't care about what Nigerians say about me.
Sai I'll deliver Nigeria when I'm 77years grin
Sai grin tongue
sai baby factory child
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by mickey45: 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
okotv:
I wish I could just say what I know about the war but I won't cause its confidential. All I would say is simple, be happy Jonathan was voted out.

You're faceless here Mr.
You'll simply be doing your ultimate duty if you chose to enlighten everyone's jaundiced opinions and ignorantly-generated comments if you tell us what really happened based on first hand intel.

So people on both sides know what they're supporting.
Btw, your opinion is relative to your experience,
I've met a front-line force personnel who listed all the progresses they've made that the new regime suddenly reversed.

So pray tell, na wetin happen?

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by mickey45: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Until we build a strong military power that can produced its own advanced weapons in large quantities, we are at the mercy of Western politics.

That's why the Asians went into weapons technology to protect their sovereignty from Western politics

Me-thinks GEJ was towards the end of his second term leaning towards this philosophy as some of his comments after the elections (if seen in their right lights) pointed towards this direction. Might be why the yankees had to oust him however they could.

I think I'd go with reyginus' opinion here, I.e "control their control' yankees can't afford any renegade leader now, not when the dollar is on threat and definitely not from a country whose trade is almost entirely reliant on their currency.

Remember Ivory Coast. cool

BTW, what do you mean, "remember what happened in Ivory Coast"
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by kaziblake(f): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Jonathan tried towards the end of his regime, Boko Haram was created by the Hausa's and let them face the full wrath of their creation
Tired of this their born to rule mentality
na u sabi
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
True but most Nigerians don't know this. They will say it is because of corruption and you begin to wonder if they really follow events at all. Like it started under GEJ's regime. Some will tell you under his regime corruption became norm but when you look at our history you see the ignorance and/or hate laced with statements like that.

I think the main reason Assad still stands today is Russia. And I'm happy, at times, that we have Russia. Assuming no opposing power America would have done worse. Syria is lucky to have Russia on their side. Ukraine would have been another play ground today for the Americans if the Russians had not exerted strong will. Though they are almost the same the good thing about Russia is that they don't hide their intentions from the outset. I can din with such an enemy.
True. I really enjoy ur analysis for you have been abl to encapsulate current events at d global level brilliantly.
Russia is truly a reliable enemy at least. America has really turned the world into a chess board, and without countries lyk Russia, it wudnt av been funny. And funny enof, wen u luk at Syria 2da, it was U.S DT armed d belligerent groups against Assad cos he was enjoying Russian support 2da dis groups av gone out of hand. U remember also how d same U.S supported the Taliban in d 80s to ouster Russia frm Afghanistan wat later hapnd? Dey fell out. 2da it is an entirely diff story. U.S is d major harbinger of trouble nd for any nation to stand its sanity it must not give up all its options to d U.S
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
mykl01:

My only concern about your position is the issue of Israel and Palestine. Israel has a right to protect themselves against terrorists who hide among civil populace to cause mayhem. If the civilians are not complicit in the arrangements, they should move away from areas occupied by militants. It's the same way it happens every place where terrorism and politics mix.
Consider this:

1. The civilians live in fear from an oppressor within. The terrorist group political party in control of the state, Hamas, has tortured them psychologically, mentally, emotionally, and physically.

2. Then there is an oppressor from without inflicting graver injuries with better weapons and more ruthless in approach. Taking both land, child and freedom.

In the above two, the only logical thing to do is to ally with the enemy with the lower force, in this case the Hama's government. It is not like the Palestinians like the Hamas. No. But then when you take ones land forcefully, disrespecting UN resolutions; their life, irrespective of your claim of moral supremacy; their right to express and shatter their psyche, you don't expect them not to ally with an enemy within who have the guts to retaliate.

Besides what I'm talking about here, I mean in that first post, is the hypocrisy of America's Leah Law. What's worth doing ought be worth doing well. Corruption is not merely to steal money. Before you even steal money you're corrupt already. Corruption of the soul and being is at the base of all forms corruption.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by azeeza(f): 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
Wailing wailer! Go and die.
yanabasee:
Sai Baba grin.
Sai scam.
Sai I love to travel.
Sai I am a scam.
Sai I love propaganda.
Sai grin tongue
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by azeeza(f): 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
Arrant nonsense.
yanabasee:
Sai Baba grin.
Sai scam.
Sai I love to travel.
Sai I am a scam.
Sai I love propaganda.
Sai grin tongue

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by 400billionman: 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
Seun:
The Christian president chose to forgo weapons rather than end human rights violations. The muslim president did the opposite. Very ironic.

Expatiate vividly.

To me America likes body language. At least OBJ latter told the world where he fell out with GEJ but America has not told us where they fell out with GEJ..
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
zenopee:

True. I really enjoy ur analysis for you have been abl to encapsulate current events at d global level brilliantly.
Russia is truly a reliable enemy at least. America has really turned the world into a chess board, and without countries lyk Russia, it wudnt av been funny. And funny enof, wen u luk at Syria 2da, it was U.S DT armed d belligerent groups against Assad cos he was enjoying Russian support 2da dis groups av gone out of hand. U remember also how d same U.S supported the Taliban in d 80s to ouster Russia frm Afghanistan wat later hapnd? Dey fell out. 2da it is an entirely diff story. U.S is d major harbinger of trouble nd for any nation to stand its sanity it must not give up all its options to d U.S
Unfortunately that's how our world power want to remain number one forever. Fear. Fear makes you attack a harmless and weak man because he displays some flashes of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
Consider this:

1. The civilians live under fear from an oppressor within. The terrorist group political party in control of the state, Hamas, has tortured them psychologically, mentally, emotionally, and physically.

2. Then there is an oppressor from without inflicting graver injuries with better weapons and more ruthless in approach. Taking both land, child and freedom.

In the above two, the only logical thing to do is to ally with the enemy with the lower force, in this case the Hama's government. It is not like the Palestinians like the Hamas. No. But then when you take ones land forcefully, disrespecting UN resolutions; their life, irrespective of your claim of moral supremacy; their right to express and shatter their psyche, you don't expect them not to ally with an enemy within who have the guts to retaliate.

Besides what I'm talking about here, I mean in that first post, is the hypocrisy of America's Leah Law. What's worth doing ought be worth doing well. Corruption is not merely to steal money. Before you even steal money you're corrupt already. Corruption of the soul and being as at the base of all forms corruption.

Forget Leah's nonsense law. I'm sorry I don't share a lot of your ideas with you because I have first hand experience of how terrorists and their civil collaborators work. Until you see these Palestinians fighting for their freedom from terrorists, I don't expect the state of Israel to fold it's hand and await annihilation. The politics and propaganda of PLO, Hamas, Israel and Iran is not a Nairaland matter.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
mickey45:

You're faceless here Mr.
You'll simply be doing your ultimate duty if you chose to enlighten everyone's jaundiced opinions and ignorantly-generated comments if you tell us what really happened based on first hand intel.

So people on both sides know what they're supporting.
Btw, your opinion is relative to your experience,
I've met a front-line force personnel who listed all the progresses they've made that the new regime suddenly reversed.

So pray tell, na wetin happen?
Before he responds to you, explain this part:

'all the progresses they've made that the new regime suddenly reversed'.

By example. Lol
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by largehead: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
Seun:
The Christian president chose to forgo weapons rather than end human rights violations. The muslim president did the opposite. Very ironic.
.i was about insulting u, bt as I saw u r d president of Nairaland, I jst kept d bashing... bt honestly, I never expected such from u.... cry
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by 400billionman: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
Good morning to all gullible Nigerians

So when Jona was saying this you all turn deaf ears

Now you want to act as if you guys didn't know

Buhari end this war or be impeached. cheesy

grin okay, sir. I am in Daura right now..
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
mykl01:

Forget Leah's nonsense law. I'm sorry I don't share a lot of your ideas with you because I have first hand experience of how terrorists and their civil collaborators work. Until you see these Palestinians fighting for their freedom from terrorists, I don't expect the state of Israel to fold it's hand and await annihilation. The politics and propaganda of PLO, Hamas, Israel and Iran is not a Nairaland matter.
Of course I know. I know what Israel is doing now is the way to survive as a nation surrounded by enemies. The Holocaust is still fresh. There are some immutable tactics of Victory. I understand that.

My argument there was the moral angle. They can employ any means to self preservation but you don't come tell me that the past government's corruption was the real reason for not selling us arms. That's what I'm trying to show.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by 400billionman: 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

The North accused Ihejirika of genocide that's why Jona dropped him. cool

And Nairaland CEO believed it.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by malikisah: 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Jonathan tried towards the end of his regime, Boko Haram was created by the Hausa's and let them face the full wrath of their creation
Tired of this their born to rule mentality
ha ha ha ha ha. He he he he he, ho ho ho ho ho ho!
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by malikisah: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
lomprico:

Hmm oga seun, 3 people where killed and many injured by the nigerian army n police last week in onitsha o! Talk of human right violations.
don't waste your time with these people o jare
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by GENERAL7(m): 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
See Gej however u like but I know that realities like serving n retired army chiefs,crooked trado rulers ,d owners of those oil blocks n rugged minded Islamic leaders ,always see Gej as little chap who coincidentally finds himself at d helm of national affairs thereby thwarting all his good efforts[color=#006600][/color]
bestest001:
As President Muhammadu Buhari looks into the Boko Haram war efforts of the last administration, information has emerged that Nigeria’s traditional allies in the West deliberately frustrated the efforts of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s, towards bringing an end to terrorists’ activities in the country.

A security source disclosed in Abuja that Nigeria, during Jonathan’s administration, 25 letters were written to the United States of America and other Western nations, seeking to acquire weapons to combat the terrorists, but they all turned down the requests.

“What was most painful was the fact that Nigeria was not begging to be given those weapons as gifts. We were ready to pay for them but they turned their backs on us when we needed them most.“ The same people who made all the promises about assisting us to bring an end to the Boko Haram attacks and bring back the abducted Chibok girls did everything they could to frustrate our efforts. “A conclusion was reached that the nation would suffer more devastation should she continue to beg those we regarded as our friends when things were going on well with us. It was at that point that the nation had to look elsewhere, especially towards the East and Asia”, he said.

Source: http://ynaija.com/jonathan-couldnt-end-insurgency/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by porka: 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
Seun:

[size=13pt]Have human rights violations ended now under a 'Muslim president'?[/size]
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by omolami: 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
The whole thing was a collaboration between Obama of US who already postulated the break up of Nigeria, Buhari and APC. The aim was to frustrate the fight against bokoharam, thus painting Gej's administration as incompetent. Aim was achieved .Now that GEJ is out the US is supporting Buhari in the fight ,selling weapons and even planning to buy Nigeria's crude which the US stopped buying during Gej's regime. Buhari equally confirmed this in his statement when he visited Obama, he said 'God helped him to win the election and USA helped him the most . You can see the extent Buhari and his party went at destroying Nigerians and Nigeria because of Power. Nigeria could have truly disintegrated if GEJ had not conceded defeat despite obvious rigging and Inec manipulations of election results in favour of Buhari. Another president would have annulled the election in the face of all the negativities and Nigeria could have broken up. GEJ our hero chose otherwise because of the love for Nigeria that APC sold out with millions of deaths.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by porka: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
Before he responds to you, explain this part:

'all the progresses they've made that the new regime suddenly reversed'.

By example. Lol

[size=13pt]Even without being in the military, what is the logic or tactic behind dismantling the military checkpoints that have prevented the bastards from moving freely in Nigerian highways?[/size]
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by wexyee: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
yanabasee:
Sai Baba grin.
Sai scam.
Sai I love to travel.
Sai I am a scam.
Sai I love propaganda.
Sai grin tongue
wat u hate is dat this man will rule u for 8 yrs
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by wexyee: 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
legendboy:
I dont really know what is going on. Is it that someone paid everycountry that promised to help us not to help again? I dont knw y muslims are in nigeria
because islam is the largest religion not only in Africa but also in nigeria.. go nd make research dummy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Jega Needs All The Help He Can Get" - APC Says In Hilarious Picture / Atiku Abubakar's Son, Aliyu Graduates From American University Of Nigeria (Pics) / Troops Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists At Major Cattle Market In Borno. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.