Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,984 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' (46373 Views)

BBC Interview: Mrs Buhari Did What Mrs Jonathan Couldn’t Do -APC ‘spokesman’ / NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency / MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by terwasee(m): 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
I see element of throught.
bestest001:
As President Muhammadu Buhari looks into the Boko Haram war efforts of the last administration, information has emerged that Nigeria’s traditional allies in the West deliberately frustrated the efforts of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s, towards bringing an end to terrorists’ activities in the country.

A security source disclosed in Abuja that Nigeria, during Jonathan’s administration, 25 letters were written to the United States of America and other Western nations, seeking to acquire weapons to combat the terrorists, but they all turned down the requests.

“What was most painful was the fact that Nigeria was not begging to be given those weapons as gifts. We were ready to pay for them but they turned their backs on us when we needed them most.“ The same people who made all the promises about assisting us to bring an end to the Boko Haram attacks and bring back the abducted Chibok girls did everything they could to frustrate our efforts. “A conclusion was reached that the nation would suffer more devastation should she continue to beg those we regarded as our friends when things were going on well with us. It was at that point that the nation had to look elsewhere, especially towards the East and Asia”, he said.

Source: http://ynaija.com/jonathan-couldnt-end-insurgency/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by wexyee: 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Jonathan tried towards the end of his regime, Boko Haram was created by the Hausa's and let them face the full wrath of their creation
Tired of this their born to rule mentality
that's exactly wat jonathan said nd look at him now., dats y an Igbo man will never rule nigeria.. cus u guys lack the brain to reasn
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Iamthoney(m): 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:
Pls pls pls DON'T GIVE ANY EXCUSE FOR THE CLUELESSNESS AND INCOMPETENCE THAT BELITTLED THE PAST ADMINISTRATION IN ANNIHILATING BOKO HARAM. THEY HAD ALL THE TIME TO DO IT BUT THE PDP LEADERSHIP AND ITS CRONIES DECIDED TO LOOT THE NATION DRY WHILE PAYING LIP SERVICE TO THE WAR AGAINGST THE INSURGENCE THAT CLAIMED THOUSANDS OF LIVES.
STFU
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
Of course I know. I know what Israel is doing now is the way to survive as a nation surrounded by enemies. The Holocaust is still fresh. There are some immutable tactics of Victory. I understand that.

My argument there was the moral angle. They can employ any means to self preservation but you don't come tell me that the past government's corruption was the real reason for not selling us arms. That's what I'm trying to show.

We all know that America will not sell arms to Nigeria because they want their prophecy of disintegration to come to fruition. Also a Nigeria with no crisis benefits them little, so they would prefer an escalating violence before acting to "save" us from ourselves and reap handsome rewards in the process. "You reject the gay rights, want to assemble and manufacture your own cars, want to get liberated? Who told you that you have that kind of sense" they must be asking. The earlier we start seeing through Western policies and politics, the better.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Iamthoney(m): 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
kogirodent:
since a man with "political will" is now at the helm of affairs, has he ended the war? Instead we now hear of attacks everyday. And surprisingly these days, we never hear of when boko haram captures a town, we only hear of it when the army recaptures it. Abeg, face reality and stop apportioning blames.
You dey mind the e-idiot
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
mykl01:

We all know that America will not sell arms to Nigeria because they want their prophecy of disintegration to come to fruition. Also a Nigeria with no crisis benefits them little, so they would prefer an escalating violence before acting to "save" us from ourselves and reap handsome rewards in the process. "You reject the gay rights, want to assemble and manufacture your own cars, want to get liberated? Who told you that you have that kind of sense" they must be asking. The earlier we start seeing through Western policies and politics, the better.
Yeah. You are there.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by wexyee: 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
chukwudi44:

Seriously aside the media parapazzi by the new COAS ,how is the current war faring under him? Is it any better than during GEJ's time? More people havve been killed on daily average under buhari than under GEJ including the about 100 killed in the last few days!!!

Buhari has not really done much to stem the tide of killings!!! Lets just quit the propaganda and face the real truth.
u should smell ur words..cus they shit! U re far in that fuvkin east u no Notting of Wats happening.. cus it's the same propaganda u hearin too..
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by wexyee: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
uduokirika1:

Jonathan handed a better Northeast to Buhari than what we have now
u re full f shit. Ilitrate. Talk sense joor
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Even without being in the military, what is the logic or tactic behind dismantling the military checkpoints that have prevented the bastards from moving freely in Nigerian highways?[/size]
I don't really know. Maybe it is the psychological tension in the minds of Nigerians he's aiming to dismantle. What did he tell you?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by bakila: 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
chukwudi44:

What exactly have reduced? About 68 people were killed last Tuesday, 30 on Friday and you say there are reducing!!! Go to Bornu and say that to the families of those victims. GEJ is no longer on power, V Buhari should take responsibility for his failures and stop blaming GEJ
The go to Borno and say you part too. Good bye.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by wexyee: 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
kogirodent:
since a man with "political will" is now at the helm of affairs, has he ended the war? Instead we now hear of attacks everyday. And surprisingly these days, we never hear of when boko haram captures a town, we only hear of it when the army recaptures it. Abeg, face reality and stop apportioning blames.
Wats the reality? The reality is wat u wnt to be hapenin. Dat is kilin of innocent peple. Guess wat boko haram is about to end.. so u cn aswell pick up arms nd help em up.. tribalistic idiota
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by wexyee: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
chukwudi44:

Soft targets indeed!!! Well more people are dying dear
how re mre people dyin! BH will end soon! Dats wat Biafra doesn't want
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by fx45(m): 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
kokoA:
You don't live in the north east.
My friend will you just stop! Jonathan ran Boko Haram out of town at the tail end of his administration. They've made a bold comeback under Buhari. Aren't you tired of propaganda and telling yourself lies?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by kindredspirit(m): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
I wish the Northern religious leaders, Imams and what have you would just grow some Balls and PHYSICALLY join in the fight against BH. Those nuccas love life on Terra Firma way too much. That shouldn't be the case. Most of them teach the faithful that life on earth, is a journey to heaven or hell with Jihad as a sure-fire to the former. If only the Islamic leaders would just fast track their own journey to Al-Jannah by physically joining the Civilian JTF or something. I find it curious that the Boko Haram posse seek Al-Jannah more earnestly than Imams and Muslim leaders who, on their part, could counter by waging [The] good Jihad via a balance of terror. This matter would have been long settled, without America being mentioned at any point.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
kokoA:
Now terrorists only attack soft targets using innocent looking teenage girls as suicide bombers. That's more difficult to handle. Under GEJ they were running down our soldiers, collecting their weapons and taking over local governments, we had a sizeable part of our territory (as large as the size of Belgium) under the control of terrorists for months. You can't even compare at all.

D main reason all those things happened under gej is that the northerners in d military refused to fight boko haram. Northerners also shielded boko haram members n finally Northerners shouted War crimes n the U. S stopped selling weapons to us.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
DrayZee:

We are selling virtually all the raw materials we could use to make these weapons. And I don't think we have experts on weapons fabrication.
the experts around the world did not become expert because they went to university but because they have tried-and-failed experiences that have become wealth inside them.

we our military also try and fail in this area we might have been exporting expatriates.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by WailingWailer00(m): 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
kaeforum:

Just listen to your self, you sound like wailer, GEJ govt was a failure becos of incompetence, he had a unique opportunity to change the destiny of his people but he failed woefully becos a ogogoro, no wonder efforts were made to outlaw production of that abominable drink in rivers and bayelsa. cheesy
I dont expect to reason objectively cos your a weeping wailers which is only natural becos of your incompetent GEJ chose ogogoro over the nation.
GEJ is a detribalized Nigerian, unlike the current One
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by WailingWailer00(m): 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
wexyee:
that's exactly wat jonathan said nd look at him now., dats y an Igbo man will never rule nigeria.. cus u guys lack the brain to reasn
Whatever undecided
Jonathan is not Igbo
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
Why did he go for the other option earlier? If they had done that, maybe this whole Boko Haram issue would have ended_ someone does not want to sell to you, then get other options.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by zynzyn(m): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
BALLONEY EXCUSE!
China and Russia no get weapon to sell? Are they not world military powers!

ABEGIII!! angry
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by kogirodent: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
wexyee:
Wats the reality? The reality is wat u wnt to be hapenin. Dat is kilin of innocent peple. Guess wat boko haram is about to end.. so u cn aswell pick up arms nd help em up.. tribalistic idiota
You want to know what reality is? Allryt, the reality is that you dont want feel u may have wasted your one vote and that the so-called "change" may be a scam. I dont want anybody dead but you should when you are being decieved and when you are not. I am sure you are not aware of what is going on in this country but some of us have lived in these crises regions, and have friends and family that still live around there (a friend just came back from Konduga FYI) so we know whats really happening. We cant be decieved. We know when the army is truelly winning the war and when it is not. I have seen people first hand running away from Boko Haram and i know what they passed through. Wake up from ur slumber and begin to realise that the war on terror is not won on the pages of newspapers. People are actually dying in their numbers.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by ogundeleai(m): 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
yanabasee:
Sai Baba grin.
Sai scam.
Sai I love to travel.
Sai I am a scam.
Sai Nigeria will be islamised.
Sai my asset declaration is fake.
Sai Ghananians doesn't know I'm a tyrant grin
Sai I have just 1million naira.
Sai I love cows. That's why I think like a cow.
Sai I love propaganda.
Sai my party knows how to cover me up.
Sai I don't care about what Nigerians say about me.
Sai I'll deliver Nigeria when I'm 77years grin
Sai grin tongue
I found it difficult how this comments has any relation to the main story and worst still the "likes" mileage. "Iru ro niborun"
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Opiosko: 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
You don't need that. Boko Haram has gone past mere condemnation. The inspiration and incentive is from a higher source now. It is just a will to win on the part of the leader. Jonathan should have left Ihejirika there. That was the mistake he made.

What Buhari needs now is to use the Americans since they are showing interest. I know they have an interest detrimental to ours. But Buhari needs to use them. Make them think their plan is working while advancing his.

Don't expect religious leaders who are not willing to die for they hold true to do anything. As in, if you believe in a heavenly after life what are you still doing with a helmet? Our religious leaders are cowards who do not even know what they believe.

U are not a Nigerian else you won't be saying GEJ should have left Ihejirika. GEJ removed him to save him from being branded a war criminal. Boko haram was a political tool of the north. Buhari's appointment has removed all doubt.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by ideykwum: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
Truthfully, some are, but a sizeable number initially blew the religious trumpet until their untamed monster, Boko Haram, started biting back at them!

Ndukwe007:
Those people are usually forced and used as human shield. Don't blame them.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
Opiosko:
U are not a Nigerian else you won't be saying GEJ should have left Ihejirika. GEJ removed him to save him from being branded a war criminal. Boko haram was a political tool of the north. Buhari's appointment has removed all doubt.
I am sure that he'd have conquered book haram and GEJ would have been returned. What exactly is the strategy in removing him? To please few people and lose the war? GEJ's propaganda tool was too quiet. He should have left Ihejirika there and used propaganda effectively. Another thing is to go after the sponsors or name them. Nigerians needed a name then. Appeal to the emotions of Nigerians and you'd be loved.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by wexyee: 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
kogirodent:
You want to know what reality is? Allryt, the reality is that you dont want feel u may have wasted your one vote and that the so-called "change" may be a scam. I dont want anybody dead but you should when you are being decieved and when you are not. I am sure you are not aware of what is going on in this country but some of us have lived in these crises regions, and have friends and family that still live around there (a friend just came back from Konduga FYI) so we know whats really happening. We cant be decieved. We know when the army is truelly winning the war and when it is not. I have seen people first hand running away from Boko Haram and i know what they passed through. Wake up from ur slumber and begin to realise that the war on terror is not won on the pages of newspapers. People are actually dying in their numbers.
this re just lies dat u fabricated cus I live in the north I'm experiencin wat goin on.. so b4 u spit out lies tinlk twice
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by wexyee: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
WailingWailer00:

Whatever undecided
Jonathan is not Igbo
I knw.. U did not read my comment? If jonathan is igbo I would hav said an ibo man will neva rule nigeria again
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by omenka(m): 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
kokoA:
The only reason why GEJ could not fight BH was lack of political will and corruption. His cabinet members and military chiefs were feeding fat on funds meant for prosecution of the war and I'd be surprised if he wasn't aware, he probably thought that the insurgency in the north will work to his favor in terms of votes not knowing that God had other plans. Don't tell me that crap about USA refusing to sell weapons to us. Where did the military get the weapons they used taking the bloody terrorists down few weeks before the election? For six years you knew you had alternative means of getting weapons yet you allowed our gallant soldiers to suffer and die for nothing angry dismissing or giving death sentences to those who dare to challenge the system.

Thank God we now have a leader in Baba who has genuine consign for the country and her people (citizens of the north east and our courageous military men in theater of war). Looking at our new service chiefs you will know these men know exactly what to do and how to get it done. The chief Army staff in particular leads his troop on the field and not from and an ac tight office somewhere in Abuja.
God bless and increase your wisdom.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by ArcIbrahim38(m): 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Jonathan tried towards the end of his regime, Boko Haram was created by the Hausa's and let them face the full wrath of their creation
Tired of this their born to rule mentality
What was he doing at the beginning.......or was that what YarAdua deed....he is the CnC.......and if it is a Hausa creation they Hausas should have not been the victims......what about henry okah who the president defended even though he was guilty... please reason positively...
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by aresa: 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
GEJ was having a good time and receiving useless award from his nollywood gremlins while BH slaughtered dozens of Nigerian school kids

GEJ was dancing and having a great time in Kano less than 24 hours after dozens of his own countrymen perished in a bomb blast just miles away from where he himself sleeps.

GEJ refused to even accept or feel concerned about kidnapped Nigerian school girls weeks before the rest of the world woke him up.

GEJ refused to pay attention to BH or even dealing with BH because according to him and his yes men, BH was scheme designed by some political forces to derail him and his second term ambition.

GEJ looked the other way while his own military chiefs stashed away billions of dollars military and arms budget (America will know of course)

If you careless about your own people and your own country, why should other people care or even take you seriously?

Why blame America for your own care less, corrupt and incompetent ways?

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by ManTiger(m): 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
The United State fear there are so many moles in Jonathan's administration who are likely to working directly/indirectly with the insurgents.

There was an article I read on US twitter handler about how they shared an Intel with Jonathan about the location of the chibok girls and how they will gas the location and take out the militant, the next reconnaissance on the location shows the militants are wearing gas mask! You will recalled that the Media thru GEJ media aid said confidently that they knew where the girl are.

So if the West refuses to sell hardware to the GEJ administration, it goes deep down to those who GEJ surrounded himself with, they are bunch of scoundrels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose's Newspaper Advert Against Buhari In 2015 (Throwback Photo) / Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock / "Jega Needs All The Help He Can Get" - APC Says In Hilarious Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.