Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge (64994 Views)

Rare Picture Of Niger Bridge In Onitsha / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge / All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Image123(m): 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
chudionu58:
Typical APC propagandist! expectedly empty!!

NIPP was conceived in 2005, they awarded contracts which they never implemented! except Alaoji which was merely above foundation stage as at March 2008.
http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11870

Before then, the Alaoji was marked for suspension from the NIPPs and Jonathan the then vice president ensured it never happened..
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/alaoji-power-plant-not-abandoned-jonathan/

For your information, It was Jonathan first as the vice president and then as the president that drove many NIPPs robustly to fruition!
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20130413204743zg/nm-projects/energy-development-project/epileptic-power-supply-will-nipp-break-the-ice/

Jonathan commissioned the Alaoji plant before he left, true or false??
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-inaugurates-phase-one-of-alaoji-power-plant/204995/

For the Egbema, there was a commitment to construct it but they are facing some challenges which are real...
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/07/ndphc-unhappy-over-unfinished-338-mw-egbema-power-plant-after-9yrs/

Rockson saying that those plants are over 80% complete in 2009 are just patent falsehood.

Everything is not politics or campaign Mr,election has come and gone. The issue is very clear.
1. Someone said the GEJ administration built many power plants in the South-east.
2. i said to name them.
3. Alaoji and Egbema were named.
4. i said and maintain that Alaoji and Egbema were neither started or completed by the last administration. They've been there since Obasanjo. Your links have confirmed that.
None was started and completed by the previous administration, fact. You're literate enough to reread.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
Image123:

Please mention the power plants and substations,thanks.
i won't lecture any brainwashed hypnotized fool on nairaland, Google is your friend, you can check my profile You will see a thread to that effect.

If you still don't believe it take a walk and visit the locations yourself.

Or you wait to be spoonfed by lai Mohammed with lies.

Gej even commissioned 2power plants in West few weeks to elections
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Image123:

Everything is not politics or campaign Mr,election has come and gone. The issue is very clear.
1. Someone said the GEJ administration built many power plants in the South-east.
2. i said to name them.
4. i said and maintain that Alaoji and Egbema were neither started or completed by the last administration. They've been there since Obasanjo. Your links have confirmed that.
None was started and completed by the previous administration, fact. You're literate enough to reread.
that he completed it means what, you must be dump, when buhari completes projects started by Gej, who will you be giving credits to.
If it was completed by obj, why didn't he commission it or yaradua
Very silly argument
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
obailala:
Well, it is not in my nature to pass judgements quickly or purely based on emotions or conjectures like you are doing presently. A smart person waits to hear the complete story from all sides and to see how things unfold before he passed a definitive judgement.

I maintain that it is too early to conclude that oshiomole is a fool who wakes up to blab imaginary figures. No doubt, the FG says 14bn only has been paid so far for the bridge, but oshiomole insists that in his committees investigations, they have come across details of much more withrawals under the claim of the same bridge. Oshiomole and his team may be making a simple error, or maybe not; only time will tell. Everyone knows there were lots of irregularities in accounting in past governments and on this issue, there could be more than meets the eye but only time will tell. And like I said, smart people dont jump into conclusions until the whole story is heard.

And please please and please, dont tell me any trash about power plants GEJ built in the SE. I'm not a kid. Kindly name a single power plant which GEj started and finished across the entire nation (not just the SE)?
get the contract documents, and you will see that Fg is paying only 30bn for the bridge

For projects of Gej, i hope when buhari completes projects started by gej you will give credit to gej and not buhari.

If you want to know what gej did, Google is your friend or you check my profiles you will see a topic on that, if you are not convinced travel to those places and see for yourself or wait for lia Mohammed to brainwash you
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Image123(m): 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
erico2k2:
Check all NIPP projects plz
i checked and i didn't see any power plant built by GEJ in the South-east.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Image123(m): 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
i won't lecture any brainwashed hypnotized fool on nairaland, Google is your friend, you can check my profile You will see a thread to that effect.

If you still don't believe it take a walk and visit the locations yourself.

Or you wait to be spoonfed by lai Mohammed with lies.

Gej even commissioned 2power plants in West few weeks to elections

Today has to be your lucky day, no doubt.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
Image123:

Today has to be your lucky day, no doubt.
i don't argue with brainwashed people who are bent on defending their boss, (APC)is always right s
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by chudionu58(f): 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
Image123:

2. i said to name them.
Who completed Alaoji thermal plant then? Which administration completed the Egbema NIPP? don't tell me its Obasanjo cos no NIPP was up to 20% complete as at May 2007.....Let me hear mention Yar' adua ! we will then know who was his vice that chaired the board of the NDPHC.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Image123(m): 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
chudionu58:
Who completed Alaoji thermal plant then? Which administration completed the Egbema NIPP? don't tell me its Obasanjo cos no NIPP was up to 20% complete as at May 2007.....Let me hear mention Yar' adua ! we will then know who was his vice that chaired the board of the NDPHC.

So soon? i thought you said to permanently ignore me. Egbema is not yet to be completed, you confirmed it with the link you sent earlier, neither was it initiated by GEJ administration. News report say it alaoji was 80% complete in 2007, where did you get your 20% figure? Alaoji wasn't initiated by GEJ administration
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by chudionu58(f): 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
Image123:

So soon? i thought you said to permanently ignore me. Egbema is not yet to be completed, you confirmed it with the link you sent earlier, neither was it initiated by GEJ administration. News report say it alaoji was 80% complete in 2007, where did you get your 20% figure? Alaoji wasn't initiated by GEJ administration
Obj initiated them... yes! but did nothing else....
Which news report said alaoji was 80% complete in 2007?? I thought your earlier link said the 80% in 2009?
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Image123(m): 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
chudionu58:
Obj initiated them... yes! but did nothing else....
Which news report said alaoji was 80% complete in 2007?? I thought your earlier link said the 80% in 2009?

We have no argument really, you just said what ive been saying. The past government didn't start and finish any power plant in the South-east, someone else started. The link even says 85% but that's besides the point. The point i made was that someone else started those projects and did it to a appreciable level. The link you provided.
www.nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11870

Alaoji was already in a appreciable level and the turbines were already bought. The timeframe Contracts for most of the power projects were awarded in 2006, with completion date fixed for between 2007 and 2009,. The delay had to do with transport across water. The equipment was already bought, paid for, and available.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by chudionu58(f): 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
Image123:

We have no argument really, you just said what ive been saying. The past government didn't start and finish any power plant in the South-east, someone else started. The link even says 85% but that's besides the point. The point i made was that someone else started those projects and did it to a appreciable level. The link you provided.
www.nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11870

Alaoji was already in a appreciable level and the turbines were already bought. The timeframe Contracts for most of the power projects were awarded in 2006, with completion date fixed for between 2007 and 2009,. The delay had to do with transport across water. The equipment was already bought, paid for, and available.

But wasn't Jonathan part and parcel of 2007-10 government?? who secured robust funding and the necessary machinery for the NIPPs?
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20130413204743zg/nm-projects/energy-development-project/epileptic-power-supply-will-nipp-break-the-ice/

Are you saying Jonathan didn't commission Alaoji?? who did it then??
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-inaugurates-phase-one-of-alaoji-power-plant/204995/
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Abagworo(m): 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
chudionu58:
But wasn't Jonathan part and parcel of 2007-10 government?? who secured robust funding and the necessary machinery for the NIPPs?

I dislike discussing issues with sentimental Igbos who try as much to paint Jonathan in good light and in the process distort facts. Jonathan and Yar'Adua derailed Obasanjo's midterm and realisable plan and replaced them with short term unrealisable plans. Example is the 2nd Niger bridge arranged by Obasanjo as a PPP which Igbos cried out against. Jonathan came in and cancelled it claiming he would build it with State funds only to turn around and arrange the same PPP Obasanjo was condemned for. He left Office earlier in the year with nothing to show.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by asha80(m): 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
chudionu58:
egbema power plant is not completed
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Stolen: 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
asha80:
Abagworo:

I dislike discussing issues with sentimental Igbos who try as much to paint Jonathan in good light and in the process distort facts. Jonathan and Yar'Adua derailed Obasanjo's midterm and realisable plan and replaced them with short term unrealisable plans. Example is the 2nd Niger bridge arranged by Obasanjo as a PPP which Igbos cried out against. Jonathan came in and cancelled it claiming he would build it with State funds only to turn around and arrange the same PPP Obasanjo was condemned for. He left Office earlier in the year with nothing to show.

Is the project still on going or actually suspended?
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Image123(m): 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
chudionu58:

i said that the gej administration didn't start and finish any power plant in the South-east, that's clear enough.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by asha80(m): 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
Stolen:

Is the project still on going or actually suspended?
as at last I saw on channels tv where Imo governor went on a tour there and contractors and community leaders where discussing on some affecting completion with both community and contractor blaming each other..however someone I know that is from there says issues btw contractors and community has been resolved and work has commenced again..however as at the time channels tv did that report it was said that plant was at 60 something percent completion

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/07/ndphc-unhappy-over-unfinished-338-mw-egbema-power-plant-after-9yrs/

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/07/imo-urges-ohajiegbema-communities-see-power-plant-development/
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by chudionu58(f): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
asha80:
I know but he said "Egbema and Alaoji" has being there since Obasanjos government, So I wanted to know whether it's OBJ that completed Alaoji and Egbema (Which is still incomplete)...may be you didn't get my sarcasm.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by chudionu58(f): 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
Image123:

i said that the gej administration didn't start and finish any power plant in the South-east, that's clear enough.
Who completed Alaoji?? Buhari?
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Stolen: 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
asha80:
as at last I saw on channels tv where Imo governor went on a tour there and contractors and community leaders where discussing on some affecting completion with both community and contractor blaming each other..however someone I know that is from there says issues btw contractors and community has been resolved and work has commenced again..however as at the time channels tv did that report it was said that plant was at 60 something percent completion

Those community leaders better respect themselves Oooo! There greed is too much. Is building the Second Niger Bridge suppose to turn dem into millionaires or something? They better not provide Buhari the excuse to delay or abandon project.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by asha80(m): 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
Stolen:

Those community leaders better respect themselves Oooo! There greed is too much. Is building the Second Niger Bridge suppose to turn dem into millionaires or something? They better not provide Buhari the excuse to delay or abandon project.
check the post you quoted I added new links..check the daily independent link..work has resumed there ..i am talking about egbema plant nit niger bridge
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Stolen: 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
asha80:
check the post you quoted I added new links..check the daily independent link..work has resumed there ..i am talking about egbema plant nit niger bridge

Wat is the update on second Niger Bridge. Trust Rochas and APC to use the completion of the power plant for their political propaganda. PDP should have made haste.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by asha80(m): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Stolen:

Wat is the update on second Niger Bridge. Trust Rochas and APC to use the completion of the power plant for their political propaganda. PDP should have made haste.
I dont know about niger bridge..pdp did not act or make haste so if apc completes it and use it as propaganda well as we use to say back then 'men for them' as I am only concerned about the completion and not which party did it
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by chudionu58(f): 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
Abagworo:

See the unsentimental Igbo who's talking... Igbos rightly cried because Obasanjo scammed the igbos big time as there was no contract awarded whatsoever for the said flag off!
http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish/Africa_8/The-Dummy-Sold-by-Obasanjo-on-Second-Niger-Bridge_printer.shtml

Moreover, the two state governments (Delta and Anambra ) where expected to provide 20% each (40% of the total cost..58 billion ) for the project...
Now, Jonathan using the same ppp model is paying for 38% of the total project cost (with no state government commitment). So, how is it worse than OBJs "plan". At least now, the whole world heard when the contract awarded and a government agency under saint Buhari have since confirmed 18 billion payment(part of the 30 billion commitment) for early works.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by holyeye1989(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
WE TALK WHT WE DONT KNOW....SOME PEOPLE IN THE FOREST WIL COME OUT WITH THEIR OWN STORIES....THANK GOD THEY VE SEEN THE PIX...IF U LOOK THE SECOND PIX U LL SEE THE 1ST BRIDGE....SO LEAVE ENEMIES OF PDP ...TO TALK WETIN DEY THEIR MOUTH
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Image123(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
chudionu58:
Who completed Alaoji?? Buhari?
Duh, who started it? Why do you refuse to get such a plain point?
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by chudionu58(f): 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
Image123:

Duh, who started it? Why do you refuse to get such a plain point?
Obj conceptualized it! and it was almost suspended but for Jonathan who insisted it goes on and he drove it to completion.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/alaoji-power-plant-not-abandoned-jonathan/

If not so, please let us know it's percentage completion by May 2007.
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by aresa: 10:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
chudionu58:
See the unsentimental Igbo who's talking... Igbos rightly cried because Obasanjo scammed the igbos big time as there was no contract awarded whatsoever for the said flag off!
http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish/Africa_8/The-Dummy-Sold-by-Obasanjo-on-Second-Niger-Bridge_printer.shtm

Moreover, the two state governments (EN and Anambra ) where expected to provide 20% each (40% of the total cost..58 billion ) for the project...
Now, Jonathan using the same ppp model is paying for 38% of the total project cost (with no state government commitment). So, how is it worse than OBJs "plan". At least now, the whole world heard when the contract awarded and a government agency under saint Buhari have since confirmed 18 billion payment(part of the 30 billion commitment) for early works.

Regardless when it was supposed to get off the ground or the spin and lies you people are littering the whole place with, OJB set up the framework for the bridge via PPP scheme and GEJ came in to cancel just to dust up OBJ's plan to present as his own plan regardless how much the state govs were investing, it was the same plan.

A PPP plan that calls for the people in the region to pay tolls for 30 years which means the people in that region and the primary users are going to pay for their own bridge out of the own pocket for 30 years.

6 years after GEJ and 16 years after the same PDP ibo people voted for, the bridge is still a mirage till this very second so of what relevance is your cries about OBJ or GEJ? They are the same PDP you people carry water bottle for, for 16 long years with nothing to show for it.

OBJ's = GEJ's plan = PDP's plan = ZERO Bridge. Bottom line..
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by FreeGlobe(f): 10:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
aresa:

Regardless when it was supposed to get off the ground or the spin and lies you people are littering the whole place with, OJB set up the framework for the bridge via PPP scheme and GEJ came in to cancel just to dust up OBJ's plan to present as his own plan regardless how much the state govs were investing, it was the same plan.

A PPP plan that calls for the people in the region to pay tolls for 30 years which means the people in that region and the primary users are going to pay for their own bridge out of the own pocket for 30 years.

6 years after GEJ and 16 years after the same PDP ibo people voted for, the bridge is still a mirage till this very second so of what relevance is your cries about OBJ or GEJ? They are the same PDP you people carry water bottle for, for 16 long years with nothing to show for it.

OBJ's = GEJ's plan = PDP's plan = ZERO Bridge. Bottom line..
when will fashole provide more details about owning the costliest website in the world? why did you choose to abandon a 78 million naira website for naira?

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by aresa: 10:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
[s]
FreeGlobe:

when will fashole provide more details about owning the costliest website in the world? why did you choose to abandon a 78 million naira website for naira?
[/s]

Ignorant, illiterate and unintelligent village trolls and nuisance bore me...
Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by FreeGlobe(f): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

I heard you are a moderator in fashole's 78 million naira website? Diaris God oh.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by aresa: 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
[s]
FreeGlobe:

I heard you are a moderator in fashole's 78 million naira website? Diaris God oh.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) / 20 StatesĀ US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.