Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. (4310 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / See The Reason Why My Best Friend Graduated With A 3rd Class(photo) / Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by TRAPS: 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2009
Its been on my mind 4 a while,let's face d truth its pretty tough 2 have a head way wit a 3rd Class,It some how comes back to haunt you,especially if you are an employee. Let's look @ Marriage using the big picture in terms of economic provision 4 d family both nuclear and extended in the future.Recall,we are leaving in a fast paced world were even d very best are striving harder.What's ur take on this?
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by romsky: 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2009
hmmmm
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by DExplorer1: 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2009
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by aus123(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2009
What has 3rd class,

Gat to do with marriage,

That is placing condition 4 life programme.,,
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by iice(f): 2:09pm On Apr 06, 2009
What's a 3rd class?
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by lovereigns(f): 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2009
what has class of degree gotten to do with marriage ?
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by giftyedu: 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2009
why not? as long as we are compatible.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by jaybee3(m): 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2009
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2009
Third class degree? What's that? undecided
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Isuata: 4:39pm On Apr 06, 2009
if i remember correctlygani fawehinmi came out with a third class undecided
if i remember correctly-ovation graduatd with a lower class in yoruba
wole soyinka wasnt the best in his class

see wat they re today?

to even equate 3rd class with marriage-u re on sumtin
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by MrCrackles(m): 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2009
Enough of all these bloody "CAN YOU GET MARRIED TO A" threads please!

For chicken tongue sake, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! angry

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2009
Did the ladies in question do any better in school?
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by jaybee3(m): 4:44pm On Apr 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

Enough of all these bloody "CAN YOU GET MARRIED TO A" threads please!

For chicken tongue sake, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! angry

Abeg tell 'em oh cos it seems NL keeps breeding jobless/senseless idiots with zero reasoning whatsoever.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by lacrimose(f): 4:50pm On Apr 06, 2009
wots a 3rd class in terms of GPA. Nigerian GPA is out of 5.0 right Not sure. Here it's out of 4.0 but back to the topic, i know this might be shallow but there is a limit for me. I honestly cant date or marry someone who is not intellectually smart. But there might be different situations surrounding individuals. e.g. school system or getting screwed by professors,

Some people with poor grades might be good business men or good in other things so thats something to consider. I am just a lil scared of my kids coming out book stupid, I dont think i can handle that

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by muppet: 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2009
haba wetin concern mad woman with skirt suit
i really i do not see the connection undecided
what has 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even PASS got to do with LOVE AND MARRIAGE?
i heard UBA'S CEO Tony Elumelu graduated with a 3rd class yet you can deny what he has achieved with the so called disgraceful 3rd class grin
dont you see how his beautiful wife blushes whenever she's in the public with him?
abeg make una find better thread dey post for this section if you dont have anything reasonable to say well there is no crime in being an excelent passive member
lol embarassed
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by oleigh(m): 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2009
if you no get wetin you go do abeg stop posting rubbish topic here ooo,you wan tell me say you dey first class because i know say second class sef you no dey.people wey no even get degree sef see better wife marry,my papa finish wit third class 4 university but as at today i sure say your papa no get money reach my daddy and your mummy sef no fine reach my own.so degree no get anything to do wit marraige.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 06, 2009
jay bee:

Abeg tell 'em oh cos it seems NL keeps breeding jobless/senseless idiots with zero reasoning whatsoever.
oleigh:

if you no get wetin you go do abeg stop posting rubbish topic here ooo,you wan tell me say you dey first class because i know say second class sef you no dey.people wey no even get degree sef see better wife marry,my papa finish wit third class 4 university but as at today i sure say your papa no get money reach my daddy and your mummy sef no fine reach my own.so degree no get anything to do wit marraige.
grin grin grin grin grin grin rotlmao
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2009
What a dump post, Posting as if ur brain is in your anus, Fool, Idiot, mumu, brain dead, What do you have in school ( ADVICE TO WITHDRAW ). Go get some brain SMUCK
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Ibime(m): 5:22pm On Apr 06, 2009
My pops came out with third class. It took me 22 years to discover this since he kept lying that he was always the best in his class. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 06, 2009
Ibime:

My pops came out with third class. It took me 22 years to discover this since he kept lying that he was always the best in his class. cheesy

he wasnt lying . . . he was the best in his class living in your home.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2009
Explains alot.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by StrStruck(f): 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2009
I think it's better than dropping out of college.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by nethacker(m): 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2009
@poster and supporters, how many of u graduated with a 1st class, Y would u let academic performance determine the success of ur marriage?That's absolute nonsense and ur type of pple end up in the wrong hands.
Having an Education is a fairly decent guarantee of a life that is above mendicancy and homelessness. This however,
is true if you live in a society that have a productive capacity to accommodate your skills.
So the question now becomes, is it the learning or grade i am looking for in a partner?
or the ability to sustain a quality of life where finances and academic stance become a non issue?
i can go for an intelligent girl(not necessarily a 1st class) who has gotten ideas on how to manage a home.
Educated(might not b sensible)nigerian girls/guys like u r more likely to shop around 4graduate hubbies/wifeys,simply to fulfil their parents'unchecked desire for a lawyer,doctor,engineer, , as son-inlaw, Even if the person is not worthy to be the father or mother of ur kids,so long as he/she is able to meet ur "My partner must be a 1st class policy" ,then he is perfect for u, angry sad shocked
capital mumu cry cry grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Secretz(f): 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2009
@ Poster

Do you have a 3rd class degree in pointless topics?

NEXT!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by topup: 3:23am On Apr 07, 2009
We definitely have to look at the bigger picture.

What if I asked; "Would anyone get married to a person who graduated with a first class and got a job in their first year, made millions, but now is an alcoholic, and drug user and homeless." What do you think would be the average response??

I think it's not as simple as what degree the guy graduated with. I know how difficult completing education can be for some people, but it really boils down to luck, determination and ambition.

If you don't have high goals, you won't aim high enough to even glimpse at your goal, however they invented the word underdog for a reason. Just because you were disadvantaged from the start doesn't mean that you'll live that way forever.

I honestly believe that with hard work, wisdom perseverance and all the above, you can come closer to your dream than without it.

A man who has these qualities is one to be admired - with a woman who is equally ambitious, they are destined for success. I truly believe that.

It would be difficult for me to marry a guy who had a 3rd class degree if he did not make anything of himself or try the best with what he has, because I am sure my parents would not want to allow it, however, it is the quality of the person that matters,  to me anyways. After all I would still be disappointed if my parents were to be so shallow that they could not overlook his previous predicament and to believe that he truly is trying for much more (if he's actually trying that is).
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2009
Statistically speaking out of the meaningless thread in NL.it shows that 70% comes from the romance section.also it's the highest in response of all the sections.it's sad to see that pple who are suppose to have high intellect make fable,delusive titles all in the name seeing how many response they can get.it's shows how jobless we are and even me writing it is a proof of itself.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by kingsikaz(m): 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2009
senseless! u b mumu person, what had 3rd Class got to do with ones achievement? u better go renew ur mind and change ur perspective, i think Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Les Brown has something to tell u.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by minto(m): 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2009
Marriage and education are on 2 separate levels. Some men are not priviledged to pass through university but today, they're doing good and are happily married. We are not all carved to be a 1st class material.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2009
kingsikaz:

senseless! u b mumu person, [b] what had 3rd Class got to do with ones achievement? [/b]u better go renew ur mind and change ur perspective, i think Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Les Brown has something to tell u.
Oh dear! grin
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by toosoon(m): 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2009
small pikin wey dey console himself, abeg go do PGD and find another babe.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Czarskit(m): 1:53am On Apr 08, 2009
~ What's getting married? A Dude or his degree? ~ I'm a 1st class product so. . . ~ undecided
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by janedoe(f): 3:08am On Apr 08, 2009
@ topic,the richest people in the world today were drop outs,need I say more?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girl Friend Is Shy Whilst With Me / Yeaaah Fish!! Picture Of Me And A Popular Romancelander Guess Who?(pix) / Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Scared Of Kissing In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.