Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. (4319 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / See The Reason Why My Best Friend Graduated With A 3rd Class(photo) / Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by blasterman(m): 7:05am On Apr 08, 2009
Of course i know some ladies who only date people that dropped out , had pass and even third class in uni. Seems ur chasing the wrong type of birds.

Step ur game up
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by DoubleN(m): 7:44am On Apr 08, 2009
A degree doesn't determine a person's position in life,go to the psychiatric Hospitals and see enough first class graduates.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by nethacker(m): 9:31am On Apr 08, 2009
Double N:

A degree doesn't determine a person's position in life,go to the psychiatric Hospitals and see enough first class graduates.
Good talk boy, very sensible grin leave the madam alone make she dey find phillips emegwali up and down, @poster , u go grow white in ur search for Cloud of FirstClasses grin grin , by the time u r 45years of age,maybe u wil get one, pele,sorry,ndo grin grin
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Sagamite(m): 10:57am On Apr 08, 2009
I actually think it is a good thread as it provides a platform to view psychological and behaviourial disposition in mate selection.

Those that are castigating the poster because they have seen similar topics on NL must really, really be suffering from romance section fatigue. My advice, move your arse to other sections and diversify your contribution base instead of only visiting romance, celebrities, fashion and religion.

I am very interested in views on this topic.

Personally, I don't think education says all about your intelligence. It only gives an indication of MAINLY your knowlegde acquisition capacity (NOT your intelligence) for a SPECIFIC field of study. If Bill Gates goes in to do a degree in Fashion Design, I will be surprised if he gets above a 2.2.

Intelligence to me is what pours out from your mouth based on your non-time pressured reasoning, and from what I observe, most people are morons.

All that said, a woman that has to make a choice based on the topic will have to put into perspective the erroneous emphasis put by society on the link between intelligence and degree class and how these limits the opportunity to provide a means of livelihood for the future family composition.

Don't get me wrong, there is a correlation between knowledge capacity and intelligence BUT (1) it is not written in concrete (i.e. intelligent people get poor degree class ala Elumelu) (2) it is dependant on being opportune or guided to study the right subject based on innate ability (e.g. we see a lot of kids that are immensely artistic being forced by their society to study something like Medicine/Chemistry) and (3) being tested on your knowledge at your individual development stage (i.e. people develop and mature at different ages hence you see some people excelling more at older ages whilst the education system they are all in is quiet rigid and expects certain capabilities at certain ages).
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by ilaugh1: 11:02am On Apr 08, 2009
Some topics are just not worth discussing - what has your degree level got to do with the kind of lady you marry? What about people who dont even go to school. you are expecting them not to find ladies to marry them? Poster, you are trapped in your own failure and you want succor from people like you?
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Iranoladun(f): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2009
Do people date nowadays by 1st exchanging credentials & CVs? If not by the time you are heads over heels in love if the guy/gal has a pass it won't matter to you! It is your ability/capability and attitude that matter most not the way you have been classified narrowly(during a 4 or 5 years degree program)out of the rest of your life span education because life itself is a school: are you still learning on other alternative means by which you can excel or you've given up on life? May be another undergraduate degree, a diploma or a Masters degree to complement your 3rd class, learn a skill, devlop your hobby into something great e.g. Cooking, singing, acting, reading, etc
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by nethacker(m): 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2009
Iranoladun:

Do people date nowadays by 1st exchanging credentials & CVs? If not by the time you are heads over heels in love if the guy/gal has a pass it won't matter to you! It is your ability/capability and attitude that matter most not the way you have been classified narrowly(during a 4 or 5 years degree program)out of the rest of your life span education because life itself is a school: are you still learning on other alternative means by which you can excel or you've given up on life? May be another undergraduate degree, a diploma or a Masters degree to complement your 3rd class, learn a skill, devlop your hobby into something great e.g. Cooking, singing, acting, reading, etc
grin grin

Please tell the poster because i can see that iwo logbon ntie (u get sense)
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by ohaechesi(m): 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by VGA: 12:17am On Apr 13, 2009
Pc gury you really make me laugh, oh dear
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Seamate(m): 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2011
@ poster I wonder what your O-level result would look like, because your dumb-ass question doesn't portray you as someone who has seen the four walls of a College of Education, not to mention a university
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by germanyboy(f): 2:44pm On May 19, 2012
so funny we all know the country we are nigeria, anytin can happen, the first class, second class, cant even get a job, those with waec are working in big offices, making money.
All you need is connection. Once jesus connect u, forget d class.
I am a third class in my skull days i needed just one point to make it into 2;2 but could nt help.
Now i work with nigeria boltling company as top staff, i own many houses in abuja.
My next generation can never be poor
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Galaxydon1(m): 12:01am On May 20, 2012
lacrimose:
wots a 3rd class in terms of GPA. Nigerian GPA is out of 5.0 right Not sure. Here it's out of 4.0 but back to the topic, i know this might be shallow but there is a limit for me. I honestly cant date or marry someone who is not intellectually smart. But there might be different situations surrounding individuals. e.g. school system or getting screwed by professors,

Some people with poor grades might be good business men or good in other things so thats something to consider. I am just a lil scared of my kids coming out book stupid, I dont think i can handle that
see who is talking then u will remain single 4 lyf. You r looking 4 a man wit first class to marry. Continue searching. By d tym u r 4o yrs u will b beggin a bus conductor to marry u. Rubbish.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by KevinII(m): 1:31am On May 20, 2012
Galaxydon1: see who is talking then u will remain single 4 lyf. You r looking 4 a man wit first class to marry. Continue searching. By d tym u r 4o yrs u will b beggin a bus conductor to marry u. Rubbish.
why you dey rake for woman wey post three years ago? na wa for you o. she don marry born children by now. btw who tell you say first class no dey market? we plenty full gran for your information. mschew. you think say everybody graduate with pass like you abi? olodostein
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by bisi16(m): 6:50am On May 20, 2012
aus123:
What has 3rd class,

Gat to do with marriage,

That is placing condition 4 life programme.,,
I taya oo!
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Damilorlah(m): 7:32pm On May 20, 2012
What does degree got to do with marriage. What even if d guy is not literate. So far he make something of himself.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 30, 2012
it's not what you dont hav dat limits u but wht u hav but dnt no hw to use,am using my brother as a case study who is a 3rd class material.he thought all hope was lost wen his fiancee left him jus because he couldnt secure a job wit it. but as God would av it,he found his niche in writing as a columnist and today he's making waves via d help of a right thinking lady that truly loves him for who he is and not for what he has.he almost killed himsef for not taking at least 2nd class bt d truth remains -who ever have a pass or 3rd class shd luk deepa inside his/her sef,there's a potential u've not discover.as 4 ladies my advice 4 u wen u meet a guy in such situation,try 2 giv him dat courage dat he can do better even without the certificate and u 'll find out that this same guy would come out successful like my brothers wife did. wink
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. by richy5(m): 1:18pm On May 30, 2012
[size=16pt]wtf[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Girl Spend Everything They Have On Guy? / How Much Should A Man Earn Before Getting Married? / To Whom It May Concern (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.