Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (19346 Views)

Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by bsanya(f): 10:54am On Apr 13, 2009
She deserves it
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Afam4eva(m): 11:01am On Apr 13, 2009
bsanya:

She deserves it

That's a statement.

WHY DOES SHE DESERVE IT.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by uzwu: 11:32am On Apr 13, 2009
Because She is a very good actress
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Afam4eva(m): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2009
uzwu:

Because She is a very good actress

She's the only good actress in Nollywood abi?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by iwefactria: 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2009
the other time was about most beautiful girl in Nigeria (gloria chukwu) and evrybody said all sort of thing and now funke Akindele.maybe she bribe her way too.Naija people why cant we appreciate what we have for once.sky is not your limit Funke.Congrats!!!!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by yme1(f): 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2009
oh lawd NL
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Czarskit(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2009
~ She sure deserves that award ~ And mind u, she ain't a new actress ~
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by studio43(m): 7:18pm On Apr 13, 2009
she's a good actress, BUT DOESNT DESERVE SUCH AN AWARD.
.sorry cool
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by eleshin(m): 11:04pm On Apr 13, 2009
and who in ur own opinion deserve the award?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by tboy1(m): 10:45am On Apr 14, 2009
studio43:

she's a good actress, BUT DOESNT DESERVE SUCH AN AWARD.
.sorry cool

Who do u think deserves the award?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by cvibe: 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2009
She deserves the award.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by mycc(f): 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2009
she deserves it.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by homegirl1: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2009
she don't deserve the award i believe there were a lot of foul plays that went between the so called jurists. funke akindele for all i know don't deserve the award how many challenging roles has she played that made her to beat the likes of stephany okereke, and stella damasus except "jenifa" please that award should be cancelled.Lol.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by seunbballo(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2009
whoz she?
she not even the best in nigeria!!!! which kin award be that?

Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 3:42pm On Apr 14, 2009
She is a good actress, I prefer her on television series rather than movies though. I have not seen her latest film "jenifa" , so if she was given the award for that film, she may well deserve it.

No way is she a better actress (overall) than Stella Damasus though. I would have liked to see Mercy Johnson get something. Its not as if Funke is a crap actress, so I dont see any foul play. Good luck to her.

Its also nice to see an actress who is not a "beauty pin-up", recognised for once.

Congratulations to her!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by amyliajane(f): 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2009
am suprised a lot of people do not know this young beautiful lady, if u've watched somef her films u'll agree with me that the lady is quite talented. not only in Jenifa.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by omooloye1(f): 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2009
It's amazing how people reason in Nigeria.Nigerian films generally, whether Yoruba or English generally are usually senseless.Ofcourse with the exception of movies written by Tunde Kelani.I watched gold old Thunderbolt and Saworo Ide last weekend,I must confess, I remained glued to my seat to the end.If you say Funke doesnt deserve this award,who else deserves it.I'm sorry not any of these ladies that cannot even interprete their roles properly.There should be no difference between a character and an actor/actress on set.Please don't even mention Stephanie,her fake accent irritates me,they can't just be real arrrgh! always trying to copy Americans.For once, I saw real acting in JENIFA now you all say she doesn't deserve it.Do you think good acting is all about kissing and having sex on set? or is ot about the boobs revealing dresses they wear in films? or is it about the exotic cars paraded or the the beach races of ramsey nouah and genevive or is it stephanie okereke in your so -called English movies.
Funke Akindele, carry go jare.This is an honour well-deserved.Shame on you bad-belle people
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2009
uhm! shocked
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by naomi92(f): 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2009
Funke Akindele,
U hav all i wnt in an actress,
I appreciate u as a star,
Role model,
A MO SEE SAW.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Sonye(f): 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2009
The true definition of a good actor is someone that protrays their character in such a way that you (the viewers) will completely forget that its a movie scripts that is being followed. Infact, you will think its something really that happening and a passer-by comes around with a camera. and i must say, Funke fits the definition more than any other actress in nigeria. Others just get carried away by the video cams and start to advertise their most enhanced and attractive parts of their bodies (people like monalisa chinda).

so if she does not get the award, who will
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by larayat(f): 5:57pm On Apr 14, 2009
dats d koko.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2009
Both Stella Damasus and Mercy Johnson are better actresses IMO. Even Uche Jombo and  is just as good. All are convincing and seamless. They also have depth. Dakore Egbuson is also very good as well as Nkiru Sylvanus.

Funke is good, but not as much as the first two actresses I mentioned IMO.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ollybosieb: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2009
she truly deserves the award, she was nominated for this yr and won , it might be another person for next yr. so congrats to her,
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by dearie(m): 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2009
Naija critics, it's nt bad to criticise though, but please learn to appreciate yur own!

Kudos to Funke, atleast this will boost her carrier whether you guys like it or not.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ dearie, I definately agree with you, we should appreciate our own. That goes for putting others down to raise one up. In a category with non Nigerians, I am happy that a Nigerian actress won. , this girl is a good actress.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by omar22(m): 7:36pm On Apr 14, 2009
[flash=200,200]http:// b[/flash]

Why must they give a new comer best actress, why not something like best upcoming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna Pacquin won an Oscar at the age of 11 years (AN OSCAR)
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by perceptive(f): 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2009
it's really sad to read these negative words about funke mostly because she's yoruba, acts more in yoruba films and is just not as attractive as others?

well the point is this: 2008 was the year under review and of all the actresses considered, funke topped them all and certainly so too. even if jennifer was her first film, so what, she brought home the goods to the dot. nobody cries foul abroad when a newcomer wins an oscar for the first film and the reason is that they are objective enough to see the talent in other. we all know Beyonce is multi talented but when she did dream girls with jennifer hudson, it was jennifer who got the awards. if it were in Nigeria, beyonce wld have taken it all esp since she was also a great act.

anyway, i have seen jenifa and other films funke acted in and my verdict is that funke rocks and pls don't compare aint no one like her , afterall she's 'suliya kan aiyetoro kan'

funke rocks!!!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by larayat(f): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2009
gbam
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 8:09pm On Apr 14, 2009
@perceptive, I think its presumptous for you to say its because she is Yoruba, that some say she doesn't deseve it. Its like saying you only support her because she is Yoruba.

I have seen her act (not in Yoruba films), she is good, but not the best in Nigeria, let alone Africa.

I am glad as a Nigerian she won it though.

The real test as to whether she really  deserved the award is to actually compare her with the other actresses who were shortlisted. Nobody has mentioned that yet.

Who was she up against in the category?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by bizluv(f): 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2009
Bravo 2 u Funke Akindele, keep it up. u r my kind of girl
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by bizluv(f): 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2009
Funke my kid sister apprect u. u r great, she luv d way u act at JENIFA
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by SisiJinx: 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2009
Isn't this the same Awards an Indian guy was nominated for his role in an Indian movie. . . AFRICAN MOVIE ACADEMY AWARDS, is it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive / Indian Films / Tom Or Jerry, Who Did You Support As A Child ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.