Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (19348 Views)

Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by hayoakins(m): 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2009
she truly deserves the award cos she started from the grassroot unlike others, back in the days with " I need to know"
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by seunallday: 5:56pm On Apr 16, 2009
im a film critic and i noted in my critic of the film, dat her acting was the only good thing about the movie, she deserved it in so many ways, reminds me of julia roberts in erin brokovich, but the annoying thing is, one good charater okay move on, but no!!!!!!!!11, our dear funke akindele has turned into a comedian, appearin in music and comedy shows, milkin the fat cow good, but i fear she may end up typecast in every role, since everybody knows her now as "jenifa" its not the best for a bright young actress
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by studio43(m): 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2009
i beg to differ,
even her oyinbo langy sef nor pure, she better tell us how that award manage enter her hand abeg cool
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by bigfather(m): 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2009
studio43:

i beg to differ,
even her oyinbo langy sef nor pure, she better tell us how that award manage enter her hand abeg cool

Na una sabi . Wether the english dirty like gutter water. Th fact still remains that she don get the award . GBAM !
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by kokoye(m): 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
Adrian brody won an oscar for being a sufferhead pianist in a boring movie and you did not complain.

Halley berry won hers for acting like a LovePeddler and nobody said a word.

Even Denzel won an oscar for being a bad boy and you all praised him.

!!!

How many of those 'beautiful actress' could have become a 'Jenifa' and made it look that real? maybe you ought to answer that question.

And like someone mentioned, this is not a lifetime award - she went out of her comfort zone and became the best actress in 2008. That does not mean she's the best of all time. Someone won it last yr. Funke Akindele got it this yr. Someone else will get it next yr.

And you dont have to know who she is - I'm sure a lot of poeple do not know Oscar winners until after they have won. A lot of people celebrating Jennifer Hudson now laughed at her on American Idol.

Try to get better at what you do, pray to get recognized for it at the right time and stop hating.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Afam4eva(m): 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2009
kokoye:

Adrian brody won an oscar for being a sufferhead pianist in a boring movie and you did not complain.

Halley berry won hers for acting like a LovePeddler and nobody said a word.

Even Denzel won an oscar for being a bad boy and you all praised him.

!!!

How many of those 'beautiful actress' could have become a 'Jenifa' and made it look that real? maybe you ought to answer that question.

And like someone mentioned, this is not a lifetime award - she went out of her comfort zone and became the best actress in 2008. That does not mean she's the best of all time. Someone won it last yr. Funke Akindele got it this yr. Someone else will get it next yr.

And you dont have to know who she is - I'm sure a lot of poeple do not know Oscar winners until after they have won. A lot of people celebrating Jennifer Hudson now laughed at her on American Idol.

Try to get better at what you do, pray to get recognized for it at the right time and stop hating.

We're talking nigeria here. . . who cares about who gets the oscars.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:02am On Apr 17, 2009
Have afam or londoner seen this movie?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by studio43(m): 10:43am On Apr 17, 2009
big father:

Th fact still remains that she don get the award . GBAM !

U mean wiff scratch my back, i scratch your back condition? cheesy

my guy wake up cool
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by danteweb: 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2009
Funke Akindele would be special guest at Dreams Come True with jazzy B at Nustreams Conference Center Ibadan on Sunday April 19 2009, starting at 3pm. The program is a live tv recording that airs on Mnet and NTA network. last guest was cobhams.

You can view their site at http://www.dreamscometruewithjazzyb.com
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by chippoc(m): 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2009
who the animal is this vemstrad bitch?why should u talk about tribe here.or do you think that yoruba is better than any tribe in nigeria?why don't u name the tribe u are talkning about.talknig of the helm of affairs,a yoruba cannot smell it again,untill it goes round nigeria.so.have it in your mind that igbo will still grab it soon.tribalism is like a food to yorubas,so,don't push it to another tribe fools
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by chippoc(m): 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2009
another thing for vemstrad, don't u think u are too old to sound like a 5 year old kid.this is onething that is common with all of u.see ur head.be like babalawo.we are flying higher all day.u can die for that.JUJU FREAK
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by studio43(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2009
THE BABALAWO wey help this yeye gurl with all those charms she used in beating stella damasus to grab that award really strong o,
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by oluwafemi113(m): 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2009
Funke is the best and the hottest for now.
funke more good things to come,
am always with you.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Tawak: 12:26am On Apr 18, 2009
yes she is and also the best baffer
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Douglasdale(m): 7:25am On Apr 18, 2009
Wat is d basis of dat Award. Funke of al pip winning d best award. Wat were the criteria used to judge. Hw can a wacky yoruba 'play' produce d best actress in d whole of AFRICA, definitly insane. Best 9ja actress is more like it. Dat AMAA Awards is just an award cooked up by sum crooked pip wit d aid of d bayelsa govt to showcase the lack of creativity in our movie industry. Hw many movies were screened 4 d judges frm d whole of Africa, d they knw d number of gud actors and actresses working in South Africa and many other countries. Lets nt b myopic dis awards is just 4 nigerians and there cronies. African movie 'acadamy' awards my d**k. Propaganda stuff.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by muyiwa04(m): 8:24am On Apr 18, 2009
I think anyone sayin she doesn't deserve d award iz a racist, u all mad cause a igbo artist didn't win it, I BEG GIVE leave her alone, she deserves it, HATERS GO SUCK A DICK
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Afam4eva(m): 9:40am On Apr 18, 2009
muyiwa04:

I think anyone sayin she doesn't deserve d award iz a racist, u all mad cause a igbo artist didn't win it[b][/b], I BEG GIVE leave her alone, she deserves it, HATERS GO SUCK A privates

Now i see why u think like fish.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by baslone: 9:45am On Apr 18, 2009
muyiwa04:

I think anyone sayin she doesn't deserve d award iz a racist, u all mad cause a igbo artist didn't win it, I BEG GIVE leave her alone, she deserves it, HATERS GO SUCK A privates

I don't care who gets it or not. We all know
the way awards are given in Africa-from Glo CAF to
HHW but From what I have been reading in this thread
so far, I don't think you are too far away from the truth.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 11:10am On Apr 18, 2009
@ Thief of hearts, pls dont njust lump together what two people are saying as if they speak as one. Look back at what I wrote, I clearly stated that I have not seen the film, so if its for that specific film, then she may well have deserved the award.

If she is being given the award n general for her acting, I dont think she is the best at all, although she is good.

If the award is for the film "Jenifa" then clearly the award should have been "best female lead role". I have not also seen the actresses she was up against, have you? then how can we really evaluate then? If she up against Stella, then for me Stella is a better actress overall.

As I said, I am happy a Nigerian actress won it.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Joseph6(m): 11:19am On Apr 18, 2009
So pple are have conflictin issues ova ha, still didnt stop d award 4rm coming buh lyk most awards dis one is one sided, funke is great prolly one of d greatest in africa buh still don change d fact she cant meet half the standard of hollywood/bollywood stars, so i guess i can say she's not presentable outside her homezone, unlike odas whom i dont have 2 mention
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by PurestBoy(m): 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2009
Any imbecilic idiot could organise an award and present to whoever they choose, infact Funke is a better actress than Angelina Jolie
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by baslone: 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2009
Joseph6:

So pple are have conflictin issues ova ha, still didnt stop d award 4rm coming buh lyk most awards dis one is one sided, funke is great prolly one of d greatest in africa buh still don change d fact she cant meet half the standard of hollywood/bollywood stars, so i guess i can say she's not presentable outside her homezone, unlike odas whom i dont have 2 mention

Please mention, that's the part I have been waiting for.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2009
londoner:

@ Thief of hearts, pls dont njust lump together what two people are saying as if they speak as one. Look back at what I wrote, I clearly stated that I have not seen the film, so if its for that specific film, then she may well have deserved the award.

If she is being given the award n general for her acting, I dont think she is the best at all, although she is good.

Nigeria's Funke Akindele has been named by the jury of the 2009 edition of the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), as Africa's best actress in a leading role. Akindele was the jury's choice out of six other actresses nominated in that category,

I assume you know how award shows work. Have you ever seen an award given just for being a "good actress/actor"? Isnt it that they usually nominate you based on a role in a movie produced THAT year or the year before? Only time you might hear "oh here's an award for being a wonderful actor" overall is for Lifetime Achievement Awards and that's done for those who've been acting for over 25 years, so obviously that award isnt the case here

Btw the OP should change the wording of the topic, Funke is nominated for the award, she hasnt won it as stated in the paragraph I quoted. Mere nomination and people are going crazy on the woman's head. Shame
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by baslone: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2009
, she eventually won it because the she had no competition.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Ak4all(m): 9:25pm On Apr 19, 2009
Yes,that is my baby,she really deserve that award.What a pride to Naija
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Ak4all(m): 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2009
She won de award for Nigeria not another country and yet u are not happy about it.What if nobody wins 4rm Naija what are u gonna do.Funke u deserve that award.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by muyiwa04(m): 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2009
Ak4all:

She won de award for Nigeria not another country and yet u are not happy about it.What if nobody wins 4rm Naija what are u gonna do.Funke u deserve that award.
They all mad cause an Ibo actress did nt win it,
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by whitesturd(f): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2009
she deserves it.she realy tried in the movie jenifa
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by wholex(m): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2009
She deserves the award and she got it,

beffers go sleep, you too should do something in life that would make u competitive , not bad mouthing , it wont get yu anywhere atleast no award for that in NL

FUNKE ALL D WAY
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 12:12pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ thief of hearts. I have alre3ady said that if it was for the specific film she may well deserve it. If as the OP suggested it was as an oveall actress then she doesn't.

I dont see why you chose to take issue with what I wrote. My conclusion is that you in fact did not read my comments properly or thoroughly in the first place. If you had you would have seen what I actually wrote.

Does anyone know the other actresses/films she was up against. Surely that should be taken into consideration also?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2009
@thief of hearts, so where is the issue you are having with what I wrote?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She is a good actress, I prefer her on television series rather than movies though. I have not seen her latest film "jenifa" , so if she was given the award for that film, she may well deserve it.

No way is she a better actress (overall) than Stella Damasus though. I would have liked to see Mercy Johnson get something. Its not as if Funke is a crap actress, so I dont see any foul play. Good luck to her. Its also nice to see an actress who is not a "beauty pin-up", recognised for once.

Congratulations to her!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by shilling(f): 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2009
She totally deserves this, she's been a good actress all along, but she's quite outstanding right now.

Gosh, I just realised she was the chick in 'I need to know', I loved that show

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive / Indian Films / Tom Or Jerry, Who Did You Support As A Child ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.