Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (19345 Views)

Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2009
@ thief of hearts, yet again you fail to see your own mistake. Before you even came into the thread talking about about whether "Londoner" has seen the movie "Jenifa" I had already specified that I had not in my very first contribution to the thread. Did you not see where I reposted it for you?

I said, because I had not seen Jenifa, she may well have deserved the award for it. You failed to read properly and went in guns blazing.

If you are going to take issue with what is being said you should be able to cut and paste it here (unless ofcourse it does not exist), if you cannot, or you are mistaken, you should accept it instead of carrying on. Its called humility.

You have made me laugh though. Go back to my first post, and see what was written, lol
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2009
I didnt read the thread from the beginning, I replied on the page where you mentioned Uche Jombo and afam mentioned something else and I wondering where these people were being mention hence the QUESTION, "Have afam or londoner seen this movie"

Simple Yes or No would have suffice OR you could have simply quoted where you stated that you have/havent. All I saw to my first question was "wah wah stop lumping me with blah blah", Dont know who asked for your rant
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2009
She is a good actress, I prefer her on television series rather than movies though. I have not seen her latest film "jenifa" , so if she was given the award for that film, she may well deserve it.

No way is she a better actress (overall) than Stella Damasus though. I would have liked to see Mercy Johnson get something. Its not as if Funke is a crap actress, so I dont see any foul play. Good luck to her.

Its also nice to see an actress who is not a "beauty pin-up", recognised for once.

Congratulations to her!

@^^^^^Thief of hearts, did you not see this post above above BEFORE, you went on your rampage? If you are going to take issue with something atleast let it be built on FACT, lol

It is you who was lazy in your reading of the thread, the answer was there before you ever posted the question, lol
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2009
I suggest you re read my comment as I edited instead of whining.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2009
I suggest you reread what my original reply was to you in the first place, lol

Here you go dear,, lol

@ Thief of hearts, pls dont njust lump together what two people are saying as if they speak as one. Look back at what I wrote, [i]I clearly stated that I have not seen the film, so if its for that specific film, then she may well have deserved the award.[/i]If she is being given the award n general for her acting, I dont think she is the best at all, although she is good.

If the award is for the film "Jenifa" then clearly the award should have been "best female lead role". I have not also seen the actresses she was up against, have you? then how can we really evaluate then? If she up against Stella, then for me Stella is a better actress overall.

As I said, I am happy a Nigerian actress won it.

Report to moderator 77.103.176.207

At least you have proved one thing for me, the emptiest vessels make the most noise, lol

Its very clear that you just didn't read properly at all, either what I wrote first, or my direct reply to you, lol Why not just admit it, lol ?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2009
londoner:

the emptiest vessels make the most noise, lol

I agree. Maybe you can seek help in regards to that problem. Have a nice day.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by goldieloc(m): 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2009
yels, she deserves it ooooo
d movie has sold over a million copies as against other yoruba movies that sell 400, 000 at most.
jenny baby is da bomb.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by larayat(f): 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2009
gbam.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2009
@thief of hearts, lol, lol
grin grin
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by moondust(m): 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2009
She's the best actress as far as yoruba movies go, I'm not sure about Nigeria nor Africa for that matter
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Maryam: 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2009
Funke Akindele deserves the award big time at least for year 2008. Those who r saying Stella Damasus which film did she feature in 2008 that beats Funke's role in Jenifer. She is also a very good script writer.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by BBAnne(f): 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2009
i think she's pretty good
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by larayat(f): 7:16pm On Apr 28, 2009
sha is gud.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Orilee9ice(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2009
Double Gbammmmmmmmmm!!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by yourmex: 6:11pm On May 01, 2009
she deserved it,if you pple dont like her face is another thing but her work deserved it,so she would have it ok, stop all your trash.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by muyiwa04(m): 2:05am On May 05, 2009
she deserved it,
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by BenHundred(m): 5:17am On May 12, 2009
Very good movie, very good leading actress. She deserves it.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Johnnny(m): 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2009
Whaz up with you people?

She's already got the Award, what's the fuss about?

You all wont be making all this noise if the Award was given to one Selena Angotongo Monampa from Namibia or Congo Republic, cos U dont know who she is.

Dont worry, U will be nominated for next years awards for being the forum members with the best argumentative skills and abusive words.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nimshi: 5:39am On Aug 23, 2009
Big joke, yes.

This actress' acting in Jenifa is mediocre; she's got some talent, no doubt; but she overacts, puts up a child-like show. If this is the best the Award committee could do, this is a certainly a joke.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by oyinda3(f): 5:48am On Aug 23, 2009
did i hear you say new comer, hmnn funke has been acting since the late 90s. she started with that regular tv programme '' i need to know'' as bisi with her school friends, emem and ngozi

OMGGGGGG!!! no wonder i thought she looked so familiar when i first saw her in jenifa!!!!!!! she's bisi from I need to know!!!!? YES OF COURSE!!. LOL
i forgot all about that show lol wasn't a huge fan cause they were always talking abt hiv/aids, sex n stuff like n i was too young to get all that. but i always watched it. lol
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Princessty(f): 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2009
Funke Ur Movies are awesome i watch them everyday when i saw jenifa i went wow i am waiting for part three called the return of jenifa
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by muyiwa04(m): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2009
she iz ok,
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nobody: 3:47am On Dec 18, 2009
oyinda.:

OMGGGGGG!!! no wonder i thought she looked so familiar when i first saw her in jenifa!!!!!!! she's bisi from I need to know!!!!? YES OF COURSE!!. LOL
i forgot all about that show lol wasn't a huge fan cause they were always talking abt hiv/aids, sex n stuff like n i was too young to get all that. but i always watched it. lol

Yeah I remember those days, I need to know!! DAMN!!!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2009
Funke surely deserves the award for the year 2008 in review!!

Can anyone mention any other african actress that got so much attention for her role in any movie in the year 2008?? For her role in Jenifa (2008 Movie), she deserves the award.

Asides that, well before Jenifa, Funke Akindele has always amazed me. When I watch the movies she writes and produces, I say to myself is it possible for this young girl to have written such movies??

do urself a favour, go to youtube and try and watch the any of the following movies during the cause of the holiday

Aje Metta
Maku
Ekuro
Akorede
Eda
Etanu
Agbefo
Taiwo Taiwo
Ojo Ketala
Ohun Buruku
ole ole
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Idydarling(f): 11:56am On Sep 08, 2014
SeanT21:

I am not a Nigerian so don't bring that tribal BS to me. wink

Anyway,Tell me why U think she is a good actress and deserve an award
for being the best actress.I have never seen any African actress that
deserve a Best Actress award.Their actings are all mediocre.What they
deserve is a trip to acting school. wink

not a Nigerian??
wetin u dey do 4 nairaland?
u no hear dey name? no b dollarland na.

e b like say na only u waka come sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive / Indian Films / Tom Or Jerry, Who Did You Support As A Child ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.