Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (19343 Views)

Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by toideve(m): 11:53am On Apr 21, 2009
Sulia kan, Ayetoro kan, abeg she try jare
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by shawn123: 11:58am On Apr 21, 2009
YELS, lol
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by shawn123: 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2009
Nigerians, we are never happy for oursleves. All we do is critisize and funny most of this critics have never dont anything noticable or even worthwhile. am not a fan of nigerian movies but i must admit, jenifa made me laugh all through and funny it made some sense when it comes to the girls in our universities. Find it hard that some pple cant see some reason to this movie. Its just the reality of school life using comedy , come to think of it most of these lagos and Ibadan gurls say yels when they mean yes , grin
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by teissys(f): 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2009
George_D:

funke what? don't know her. is she a nurse or school teacher? grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol.
What's up with Yoruba versus Igbo stuff. Or were the judges yorubas and igbos. Whether she deserved it or not, that one I know nothing of; but Nairalanders can certainly do better than saying demeaning things to one another.
For instance, thanks to Nairaland I already know that if I am called mumu or yeye then I have been branded a demeaning title. . .
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2009
@ thief of hearts, you really need to start acting like a grown person.

When did I say she did not deserve the award? Please simply cut and paste. In fact what I did say is that she is not the best of all Nigerian actresses, but if it was for her performance in Jenifa, she may well deserve it.

You need to get past your petty tribalist sentiments, every opinion of a non Yoruba you take it to be a jibe at Yorubas. That is the whole reason you took issue, not because of what was said, in this situation you are crying wolf. My reply was in direct response to a statement made by someone about her being the best Nigerian actress, not simply her winning that award.  Did you not see it?

Simply cut and paste the "offending" contribution, if you are not merely mistaken, lol

You need to grow up. Simple.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by erekere(m): 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2009
@warfy boy
you must be a daft person to think yoruba films are noisy. wetin be ur probs so u wan compare all this useless baseless stupid stories of English version of Nigerian movie with the yoruba ones?well once again u are a daft man can u imagine just because Funke ws named the best actress u wan kill urself go and make ur research and u will see that Yoruba movies are far better than the English ones.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2009
It always was, spiked.

How can people who've never seen a movie say someone isnt good in it? It's also NOT a coincidence that the same people yarning dust are the same that have dogged Yoruba movies in the past, claiming that will never watch them

It's one thing if we were given a list of the other nominees and people were stating their preference. That's not the case.

londoner, learn to read. Put your time in the UK into something useful. Are you the only person that my comment is directed to? Abeg take your "wah wah Im a victim of the evil TOH" elsewhere. Being told to "grow up" by a defensive paranoid person like you is merely a joke in my eyes. Have a nice day.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by rapjunkie(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2009
Funny enough, my inlaw just gave me Jenifa 1 & 2 to watch and said it is one of the best films in naija at the moment. I will watch it 2nite and give my verdict later.

I need to see what all the fuss is about
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by WarfyBoy(m): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2009
@erekere

Thank you very much, @Thiefy Thiefy Of Hearts i guess this is one of the product of the English Class you asked me to enrol with,

@erekere well don and gud luck in your world of MUMUISM
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by teissys(f): 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2009
Warfy Boy:

@erekere

Thank you very much, @Thiefy Thiefy Of Hearts i guess this is one of the product of the English Class you asked me to enrol with,

@erekere well don and gud luck in your world of  MUMUISM

Lol. Warfy, you crack me up. . .
Lemme just  grin grin grin and Bleep off
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2009
Can we all sheath our swords and amend the award to "Most Viewed Actress in Nigeria 2009"?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2009
@ thief of hearts, I want you to cut and paste where I said she was not good in the movie, or where I said she even was not a good actress.

Thief of hearts you have gone from mischeviousness to out and out lying.

CUT AND PASTE IT HERE FOR ME TO SEE, I know you cant, lol

No more hot air, post the evidence for me to see, lol, lol such a comedian, lol
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by fayahsoul: 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2009
Chineke mee' . . .o'boy see wig. Is like that her wig has a life of its own.

na wa oo. . .one can only wonder what type of mirror these self-hating chicken heads have in their domiciles. U afri-CANTS and your misplaced priorities.

How ridiculous.

Now here is an actress who ought to be a role model

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ayobase(m): 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2009
Shut Up Up There!!!!!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2009
@ thief of hearts, I want you to cut and paste where I said she was not good in the movie, or where I said she even was not a good actress.

News Flash, the world doesnt revole around you. Last I checked you're NOT the only person I was referring to with my comments. You might not have said she wasnt good in the movie but OTHERS HAVE, at the same time stating that will never even watch the movie.

If you didnt say such, then obviously Im not referring to you. Common Sense.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by fayahsoul: 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2009
ayobase:

Shut Up Up There!!!!!

Careful. . .lest you incur a curse on thy head.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by nesbeat(m): 12:02am On Apr 22, 2009
I guess you people got no work at hand, find way dey do e.m.m email money making.
She's deserve the award.
Tell me the kin film producer or even even writers wey get this creativity wey Funke got, She's a sell-out and is bring that yankeeish suspence to our door post.
e b like say u guys dont know this Funke akindele , go to naijapals and check on her movies , dummies

Nes Beatz

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 9:11am On Apr 22, 2009
@Thief of hearts, okay, you were not referring to me in that instance, fine.

Cut and paste the statement, made by me, which you are actually taking issue with then, if you can, lol
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by JisolaMar(f): 9:50am On Apr 22, 2009
OMG,Pope which one is yollywood again?, lol, u sure av a good sense of humour, lol
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ashaby(f): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2009
I WONDER WHY PEOPLE STILL DOUBT THE ABILITY OF THIS LADY.

I TINK U ALL NEED TO GO & WATCH HER TV SERIES "I NEED TO KNOW" BACK IN THE 90S.

AKINDELE FUNKE IS JUST IT
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by IBMigthy: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2009
Well from my own view i think she is a great actress but that doesnt warrant being called the best in africa because there are other great actresses all around in africa wink wink cool
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by naomi92(f): 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2009
i love Funke Akindele
her style
her brain
everything 4 being a star.
JENIFA
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by naomi92(f): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2009
Post her e_mail here abeg
i wan talk 2 her
big star
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2009
Wasnt this my first post to you?

Have afam or londoner seen this movie?

Instead of you to give a straight forward answer, you wnet on some defensive rant of being lumped together blah blah
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by pureminded: 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2009
Funke Babe ! That film is truely a big Hit cool
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by kayality: 12:10am On Apr 23, 2009
If she won it, i proud of her because she not the only Actress in nominees other Africans Actress are there too
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Orilee9ice(m): 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2009
cool tongue wink smiley cheesy grin angry, i beg make we hear word jare all "you haters" , as Shawn 123 said it , and also in my own words 2, A prophet is not known in his own country, we dont apppreciate what is made "our own", all the past winners.did they deserve to win?, whether she won it or not, she is enjoying the glory now, while all you haters are, envying her secretly (and bad-mouthing her openly) wishing it was you instead! Leave the "bigz gal alone jare" ee tie don'jazzy re rara ni
Hi!, You know. its like, as pee, shoo moo, ouccchhhhhh!

Dont worry my big girl, you don bigz alreadyz . Lori lee o di kongbe, Eyin "mouth runners" ti o lee f'aya gbee, eyin "haters" e e ti e lee, wo bi e sen fi enu yin waa rough niwaju omoge, (Funke I mean!)

Oluyole n'ise kanifal,
Ske, skes, kee, skele be,
Lale ojo yen ni bo lo waa,
Ske, skes kee, skele bee,

Classic Old sckool! my best clip in the film!!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 23, 2009
Now the babe got the award and you guys are here yarning stuffs.

If you aren't comfortable with the choice, you know what to do ,,,,,,,,,,,, go hit the lagoon (Osa straight!!!!)
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by reindeer: 11:56pm On Apr 23, 2009
Fact is, at the end of this discourse
none of those who contributed can claim ignorance of who she is anymore,
either i liked her or not, shes got the award and i think deservedly so sha, shes practically the best i have seen lately at bringing an idiotic character to life.
so let her enjoy her reign as the queen of nigerian movies.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Orilee9ice(m): 10:00am On Apr 24, 2009
reindeer, Thank you jare my Broda!! cool
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by DisGuy: 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2009
LETS BE HONEST THIS IS THE MOST TALKED ABOUT FILM(part1 anyway) THAT HAS BEEN RELEASED IN NAIJA IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS/YEARS!! SIMPLE AS THAT, THEY DIDNT EVEN DO HOLLYWOOD MARKETING JUST WORD OF MOUTH!

if we keep statistics in naija it will be blooming obvious this is the most popular film/actress 2008/2009

if anyone know any other popular actor/film 2008/2009 please name them
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by bigsgerl: 2:04am On Apr 25, 2009
yay funkee! Goo girl! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive / Indian Films / Tom Or Jerry, Who Did You Support As A Child ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.