Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (19342 Views)

Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by sheyee(m): 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2009
she deserves it.
Congratulations Funke
Sulia kan Ayetoro kan grin grin grin
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by DKNYtruth(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2009
WHATEVER ANYONE SAYS; SHE'S GOOD; THIS IS NOT RATED ALONG WITH HOLLYWOOD SO LESSEN YOUR CRITICISM (ALTHOUGH I'LL ADVISE OUR NIGERIAN/AFRICAN ARTIST STEP UP THEIR ACTING; THIS IS 21st CEBTURY THOUGH),
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by namun(f): 12:03am On Apr 15, 2009
yes she is
no doubt she had a very brilliant performance. and for those that are finding it difficult to understand in context. the award is in comparism of african actresses
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ocphilip(m): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2009
men, who the f@#$% is she u guys just blurt out saying shitty things, i can assure you that nobody knws her except does that watch those lame yoruba movies, tongue
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by chibic(m): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2009
sheyee:

she deserves it.
Congratulations Funke
Sulia kan Ayetoro kan grin grin grin
stop vomitting rubbish language.she's the best my D!CK!!!that girl too ugly to appear on my television.I tried watching jennifa,but the movie was crap so I never waisted time finishing it.the best is from nollywood,not junky YORUBAWOOD.NDI ARA!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by yemstrad(f): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2009
This is exactly why you people will never get anywhere near the helm of affairs in Nigeria. You people are too tribalistic and no matter where you have travelled to in the world, that your animalistic and barbaric approach to life will never leave you.

Stop being tribalistic so that God can lift your tribe to the top. Think! Think!! Think!!! Idiots
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by rayshiy: 11:31am On Apr 15, 2009
One thing about life is that, wheneva GOD says this is your TIME, no matter the circumstances you will surely be there.

When Obesere was Singing Good Song nobody hear about him, but when he started Asakasa/ omo Rapala style though people were saying is singing jargons but he started gaining more fans, but see him today

what of Gongo Aso, we've been hearing the word for so long, but when Abolore twisted it as a song, that track alone popularised him, even though he has released so many tracks b4 GONGO ASO.

I THINKS ITS FUNKE AKINDELE's TIME, lets leave critics alone, try to watch all the movies she has written & produced b4, Its all very entertaining, educative, infact with all those films, she deserves award even b4 Jenifa
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by pedisco(f): 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2009
She deserved it

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Sonye(f): 1:06pm On Apr 15, 2009
yemstrad:

This is exactly why you people will never get anywhere near the helm of affairs in Nigeria. You people are too tribalistic and no matter where you have travelled to in the world, that your animalistic and barbaric approach to life will never leave you.

Stop being tribalistic so that God can lift your tribe to the top. Think! Think!! Think!!! Idiots

that was a little too harsh don't you think? No need to be rude you could still pass the message without using a negative word angry
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by wunmilyn(f): 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2009
as far as i am concern FUNKE AKINDELE rocks!!!!!!!!!!
she deserved the award, not only because of jenifa i av watched some of the movies she produced and wrote,they are very interesting,entertaining,educative and much more pass across a good msg
so i am not surprised if she won the AMAA best africa actress.

SHE DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrat to u funke kiss kiss
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by OpsE1: 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2009
To be sincere, this babe deserves the award.She's good and natural and above she's very talented.
I've known her since 'I need to know years' and I can only say, she deserves it.

Maybe why most guys are complaining is because they don't watch yoruba films, but any of her films will confuse (convince ) you that she's good !.

I think she's good and should be celebrated !!!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by TROCKK: 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2009
Wht's d fuss?
D jury simply declare her winner based on interpretation of d role "Jenifa" in d movie it has nothing 2 do wit video quality, scirpt writing or screen play as there are other categories 4 dt and most importantly, it had nothing 2 do wit race or tribe.
It was simply 4 her interpretation of d role in d movie jenifa & answer in YES she deserved it.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Monesty(m): 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2009
Topic

Fucking joke!

Who the fuc.k is she anyway?

Never heard of her!

Are you sure you are living in these contry
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Monesty(m): 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2009
MrCrackles (m)
~OxCity~LnDCity~

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think?
« #13 on: April 08, 2009, 06:10 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topic

Fucking joke!

Who the fuc.k is she anyway?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ocphilip(m): 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2009
could we talk of some other movie stars, hey if i aint mistakend this funky or whatever her name is starred in the hit childrens programme 'i need to know''', tongue
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Pepeye(f): 11:01pm On Apr 15, 2009
Guess she’s must have worked hard for it
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by CoolOne1: 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2009
For where,she no suppose win dat award.She is d queen of yoruba movies.Mr crackles,try using sum decent language.It helps.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by cooldud62: 11:45pm On Apr 15, 2009
lol, i think she's done so well for herslef and deserves an award, i wouldnt know if she deserves best African actress lol

see what i saw about her, i think she's doing fine:

Aje meta ( Funke Akindele)
I was not a fan of Funke Akindele even after the much talked about blockbuster “Jenifa”. I saw the movie after so much pressure from people that I needed to see it.
Maybe because I am not a fan of Nigerian movies because of their poor quality, easily predictable nature and bad or poor sound quality, I dont watch any Nigerian movies on my own except it is widely reported as good.
I settled to watch jenifa with so much hope that I’ll see a good Nigerian movie but was not too interested after seeing the first part of the film maybe it was because I had high hopes after hearing so much about the film. Till now I haven’t seen the other part of the film and I am not in a hurry to do that!
I didn’t give Funke any chance after seeing that movie and I wondered why people made so much noise about the movie which to me was just a dry comic. I however changed my mind when I saw her film, Aje Meta!
Aje Meta is a story about a man who was near perfection in handling his job as a horticulturist but did not have anything to show for his ability in terms of material gains. He was not particularly poor but wasn’t able to meet up to his own expectations. His problem was compounded w hen he got married because things went from bad to worse, the intervention of the wife in making him a real man made the film lovely, you need to see it.
Been so long I saw a well written and acted Nigerian movie with little and not so obvious faults. You need to see it. I think Funke did a good job there and needs to be praised. Well done gurl!

http://olufemiodeyemi..com/2009/04/aje-meta-funke-akindele.html#links
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by palebobe(f): 11:51pm On Apr 15, 2009
@coolone, u r d bomb. Which kind deserve b dat? Well i dnt blame those at AMAA. In d land of the blind, a quater-eyed lady is d Queen. grin
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by palebobe(f): 11:57pm On Apr 15, 2009
@cooldud62, which one b ur own. For or against undecided
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by cooldud62: 12:06am On Apr 16, 2009
palebobe and coolone, una wicked o grin
so you registered to say she's not the best ehn?

well, as for me, i think she's not bad but definitely cant be the best in Africa, haba, na yams?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by bigfather(m): 2:13am On Apr 16, 2009
Am sure the jury wasn't full of yorubas. So they couldn't have gone wrong for voting her to be the best actress in Africa, she really worked hard for it and she deserved it.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Gossipgurl(f): 7:27am On Apr 16, 2009
Im beginin 2tink som guys on nairaland are suffering frm braindamage.If u critics are d bomb,y r u nt dia 4d world 2c?Funke is gud.Acept it or die tryin.AND!She deserves dt award.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by CoolOne1: 7:57am On Apr 16, 2009
@cooldud62,which 1 concern u weda i regista 4 dat.U don turn 2 movie reviewer,who ask u abt aje meta,giv ur opinion not a review.Thank u
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by baslone: 7:59am On Apr 16, 2009
You guyz are just going back and forth, back and forth. Nobody
has actually mentioned who deserves the award(please don't mention
those overhyped names oh) instead you are all
crucifying the poor girl.

I hardly watch these so called Nigerian films in any form
be it Nollywood or Yoruba. I saw about 45minutes of the first part of Jenifa,
I think I was a impressed with the acting.

My opinion!!!!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by efeboy(m): 10:25am On Apr 16, 2009
When haters speak biasedly about some worthy Nigerians that win good awards out there, They criticize as if the awards this Nigerians won were

lifetime awards. As if these Nigerians were not only awarded for their obvious achievements for that particular year. For God's sake why do we have 2007

Awards for, , 1999 Awards for , , 1960 Awards for, ? Haba!

And even I am waiting for the naming of the person or actress that deserved that award. An actress that interpreted a huge 2008 film like JENIFA well.

please am waiting, otherwise those criticisizing the award would prove pointless in their criticisms.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by kemzo(f): 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2009
well i agree cos Funky babe is the latest on block. She's got what it takes to get the award.

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by djcrucifix(m): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2009
best actress in africa? is that a joke or what?. so b'cos someone made a movie that became big she is now a ''great'' actress? tsewww angry
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Omolola1(f): 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2009
For the very first time, AMAA Award is given to a very deserving, down to earth actress.
Funke deserves the award.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by oluite(f): 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2009
Whateva she's a very gud actress whether she features more in yoruba films or not.she started her career acting in english anyway.acting is morethan acting an english film,yoruba or igbo movie
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by studio43(m): 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
i just hope she nor give herself out in exchange of dis award cool

we know there types wey don get to the level through that means.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive / Indian Films / Tom Or Jerry, Who Did You Support As A Child ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.