Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! (49565 Views)

Islamic Radicals Will Be Totally Wipe Out Of Planet Earth - Don Dee Trump / #presidentialmediachat: Buhari Not Different From Adolf Hitler – PDP / Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by vioment: 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
Impressive analysis. I hail the truism of this if it came to fruition. Very good.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
I came across an academic article online (a simple Google search really) explaining how Germany performed a virtual miracle by transforming from a war ravaged country to being among the top economies within 20 years.
I only add excerpt here:

1948-1960 Spontaneous Growth: The Miracle Economy

The monetary, economic and institutional reforms of June 1948 were followed by about 18 months of consolidation with stable to slightly falling prices.

Industrial production increased by 24% in 1949 and 12% in the first half of 1950. Over the period the average annual growth rate was 15% per year.

The employment growth picture was mixed. Labor requirements reflect not only the level of production but also the level of labor productivity. Labor productivity was increasing dramatically in the recovery period. In 1948 there were 600,000 new jobs but a loss of 370,000 old jobs for a new gain of 230,000. But in 1949 the were only 260,000 new jobs and a loss of 410,00 old jobs for a net loss of 150,000 jobs.

On top of this mixed picture on job creation there was an influx of 9 million refugees (expellees and immigrants).

The major problem was the capital shortage. Not only was there the problem of the war destruction of capital but the reparation confiscations of capital equipment depleted the capital stock and made entrepreneurs afraid to invest because of the possibility that their investments might be confiscated in the future.

Profitability was increasing because wage rates were not increasing as fast as prices and productivity. In other words, unit labor costs were declining...

...The prescription for dealing with the capital shortage problem by the Keynesian economic advisers to the government was three-fold:

1. expansionary monetary policy
2. tax incentives for saving
3. investment planning by the government

William Ropke, an economist whom Americans would call conservative but in European terminology is called liberal, recommended increasing the interest rate to encourage savings.

The Tax Law Adjustment Acts of June 1948 and April 1949 created tax breaks for capital creation. West Germany had a high, graduated income tax imposed by the Allied Occupation Force after World War II modeled upon the New Deal income tax of the U.S.

There were income tax reforms over the period 1948 to 1955 to reduce the severity of the income tax program.

The West German government was directed involved in investment planning in the "bottleneck sectors" of mining, steel and energy.

West Germany retained the rent control program created during the days of the Weimar Republic, continued by the Nazis and later by the Occupation. There was thus a chronic shortage of housing which the government tried to alleviate with construction subsidies and public housing.

German foreign trade recovered dramatically despite the loss of Eastern European markets. Foreign trade increased 84.4% per year over the two year period 1948-1950. Throughout the 1950s it increased 16% per year in real terms. Thus West Germany very quickly wiped out its trade deficit and commenced running a trade surplus. Initial exports were raw materials such as coke from coal and scrap metal but by the end of the 1950s exports were mainly manufactured goods. Also by the end of the 1950s Western Europe had become the major customer and major supplier for West Germany..

Just West Germany laid a foundation within 20 years that could absorb the East, and today the rest is history.

But this can only happen in a VERY HARDWORKING economy and among hardworking peoples; not lazy ones.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2015
It is really amazing that the only thing our opponents can bring to this debate are insults, name callings, and threats.
That tells you all you need to know about the country they are defending.

I challenge any of them to tell me whether s/he has EVER witnessed uninterrupted power supply for ONE WEEK in the entire 55 years of Nigeria's existence. I dare any of them!

Meanwhile India became independent in 1948, and exploded her first atomic bomb in 1974 (mere 26 years after independence).

In Fella's voice: GIVE ME WATER, LITE, FUDU, HAUSI. cheesy

Bunch of jokers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by irsakant: 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
GOD BLESS BIAFRA!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by PenSniper: 11:55pm On Sep 12, 2015
Curlieweed:

I don't really know what motivated Ango Abdullahi's comment but I suspect it was frustration at apparent waning of the Arewa strangle hold on political power. Things have now changed and we again have a resurgent Arewa leadership.

If you think about it strategically, as far as the Arewa elite class maintains a firm grip at the centre, there is absolutely no motivation to change the status quo. In realpolitik you can't get far by appealing to your opponents kind heart. The best situation would've been one where they are out of power at the centre long enough to agree to some basic restructuring. With Mumuharri in power, that particular ship has sailed
and more desperate options need to be explored.

Yes you are right but Ango made that statement after Buhari's ascendancy.
Anyway Gej left things too late. I blame him for not seizing on the opportunity that came begging.
Unfortunately, he lost to western conspiracy.

Whilst nigerians trade blames on Gej's loss, they overlooked the west's angst against him for standing firm on same-sex marriage because it marked the beginning of his end in power.

Well, Buhari/north or not, nothing can stop or stand in the way of an idea whose time has come.

Nigeria is a building that is bound to crash.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by kenny987(f): 12:34am On Sep 13, 2015
fablola:

And which kind are you, nyamiri that come ten a dime?
You are lost in your vain chest-beating on account of impossible nightmare, Biafra!

Was the chest beaten for u? Were u invited? It's so unfortunate that u have so much disdain for a people yet you're interested in their affairs...why? Have they committed any crimes?

The correct expression is 'a dime a dozen'

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by kenny987(f): 12:38am On Sep 13, 2015
wale6run:

Can a fly answer question, you depraved psycho gutter-scum!

Biafrans don't need u to think for them. If u don't support the views and visions of my people just don't get involved cos u simply can't wrap ur mind around it...it's way beyond u.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by laudate: 3:08am On Sep 13, 2015
NDIGBO, OJUKWU & BIAFRA: WHERE DID WE GO WRONG (PART II)
by Osita H. Olisa | Nigeriaworld.com

Who is Ikemba of Nnewi, Dim, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, People's General, Eze Gburu-gburu Ndigbo?

.... Before the events leading to the declaration of Republic of Biafra, there were certain presuppositions, which were construed as indisputable facts, through scorch-earth propaganda bombardment. Like perceptions, they gained currency and acquired weight amongst Ndigbo with power of categorical imperative....

..Psychology and wellbeing of Ndigbo, at this juncture, were reprogrammed with poisonous propaganda, which entered into collective consciousness of Ndigbo, and were one-dimensionally formatted, for strategies of fight or flight response system...

...Proposals for a comprehensive, peaceful conflict resolutions and reconciliation by well-meaning individuals and organizations, were promptly rejected by our intransigent leader for selfish reasons. All doable and practical entreaties and overtures by peace-loving people all over the world to avert catastrophic war, were dismissed with speed of light by Ojukwu for reasons best known to him....

...Here are some of the antics employed to kill any peaceful negotiations:

During the Aburi conference of January 15 and 16, 1967 it was agreed that civil servants of Eastern Nigerian who fled from the North would continue to receive their salaries till March 31st, 1967 the end of financial year, provided that they did not hold any other paying jobs. The Federal Government of Nigeria authorized the salary payments as per agreement. Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra, was it true or not?

On March 17, 1967 Decree No. 8 was promulgated to implement the Aburi agreements. The terms of your demands were virtually met under the Decree No 8.

The Supreme Commander of Nigerian Armed Forces was changed to read Commander-In-Chief consistent with your demand. Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra, was it true or not? Your request was granted and implemented.

To avoid putting the executive power of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in one man's hand, that was Col. Yakubu Gowon, you suggested that that such power be vested in the hands of governing body, which was, Supreme Military Council. Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra, was it true or not? Your request was granted and implemented.

To make your request foolproof and watertight, the newly created Supreme Military Council cannot make laws that had far reaching greater national security impact without the approval of all the four regional governors. The power of executive authority of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was now vested in the Supreme Military Council. Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra was it true or not? Your request was granted and implemented.

Ojukwu's Objections And Disagreements With Decree No. 8 Are The following:

Decree No. 8 upheld the part of Constitution that stated in part and l quote, "no region could exercise authority in a manner that placed the corporate integrity of the federal government in jeopardy". Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra, what exactly did you actually find objectionable with this provision of the law? As a historian, do you know any country in this globe that would do or act otherwise contrary to, with or without Decree 8? Was it not your attempt to subvert and torpedo any peaceful resolutions that was offered, and to pave way for your life-long burning desire of becoming head of state, even if it was in hell.

Decree No. 8 stated under what conditions such state of emergency could be declared all over Nigeria or any part of Nigeria by the Supreme Military Council. Decree No. 8 stated that before such state of emergency would be invoked, three out of four regional state governments must be in agreement. That is 75% of the governing body. This is what our most revered "Timber and Caliber" late Dr. K. O. Mbadiwe called "accord con-cordial". Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra, what exactly did you actually find objectionable with this provision of the law? Was it not your attempt to subvert and torpedo any peaceful resolution to the then impending cataclysm.

Decree No. 8 also stated that when an emergency is declared, the federal government has the sole authority to suspend or overrule any laws and regulation previously passed by the said regional government. Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra Republic, what exactly did you actually find objectionable with this provision of the law? Was it not your attempt to subvert and torpedo any peaceful resolution of the crisis.

Your argument against that section of Decree No 8 were the followings:

That as the Military Governor of Eastern Nigeria you have the sole authority to maintain safety and security of indigenes of Eastern Nigeria. That to deny you such power under the state emergency was a contradiction of the terms and agreement of Aburi accord. In all humility, the most erudite.. in Igboland, Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, the Head of State of Biafra Republic, where in the Aburi accord was the state of emergency discussed? Additionally, the secretary to the Eastern Nigerian Regional Government, AN Akpan, did not share your views and he completely disagreed with you. At the time all your senior eastern army officers disagreed with you. Was it the reason why they were not informed and consulted prior to declaring secession?

"Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo, how did this Decree negatively impact Ndigbo, as you have always purported that you were protecting or fighting for their interests? The only person this Decree would have impacted should there be violations was Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Eze Gburu-Gburu Ndigbo. How? You could be removed, retired or transferred which will abort your craving for becoming "Your Excellency The Maximum Ruler of Biafra".

How enervating, debilitating, nauseating for any objective Ndigbo man or woman to know that the reason why our people were slaughtered and maimed during war was to protect, the job of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. In Igbo aphorism, it is said, "okuku eri eri, oborsa aborsa" translated to mean - either l have it or no one else will have it.

Read the rest here:
http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2003/aug/253.html

I hope the proponents of the new Biafra will learn from the mistakes made by their forbears in the old Biafra, so that they will NOT make the same errors, this second time around. Choosing the right leader is just as important as deciding when to secede, how to secede and what parts will secede. shocked sad

Good luck. undecided
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by laudate: 3:14am On Sep 13, 2015
fablola:

Pie in the sky if you think Benue or Kogi will join your suicidal mission to nowhere! This smoke dream is doing you no good!

People have told them in different ways to leave Igala and Idoma land out of their calculations, but their greed for territorial expansion will not let them see road! This miscalculation is likely to cost them dearly in the long run. undecided

Apart from this, a lot of Igala folks are muslims, so I am not sure how a Christian Republic of Biafra will fit into their equation. shocked
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by laudate: 3:29am On Sep 13, 2015
PenSniper:
Hello, would you be good enough to stop joining Oodua to whatever you believe is/are holding you down because we are not involved in such.

From the 1st to the 3rd republics, the Ibos, led by Zik, aligned with the north
decidedly against the SW, but our leaders never once infered what you are wrongly insinuating here.
There are ibo leaders in the APC as well.
PenSniper:
My bro, there you get it very wrong.
Mainstream yoruba has nothing against the biafra project, forget the comical jesters and jestings on nairaland. Please remove that perception from your system.
Naturally, the yoruba wants to be left alone and hates to be provoked.

In inner caucuses, we do discuss biafra and pray for its peaceful resolution.

The OP started out well .... and just when I was thinking they were getting somewhere, oops! Someone had to insert the word 'Yoruba' into their post, and then it suddenly became an issue of what the 'Yoruba' should have done, but did not do! undecided Typical.

Why must the name of this ethnic group keep popping up on all threads? And the amazing thing is that it is the Biafrans who are always the first to make reference to them on any thread, even when the subject bears no relation at all to them! shocked Hehehe... cheesy

Mehn, I must congratulate you Yoruba people, o! Eziokwu! shocked Una dey try. I don't even know how you guys do it. But for another ethnic group not to be able to eat, sleep, plan or dream about their own proposed country, without desperately soliciting your input must be a major achievement! They are even the ones taking panadol for your headache, and wishing you could form your own Odua republic. shocked

Chai! But wait o, if the Yoruba do not form their own republic, how does that affect the success of the pro-Biafran groups or their endeavour? I still don't get it, oh!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by VickJames(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2015
patrick89:

We need to put these things in visuals or 3D videos so that people will communicate.

Can you do it?
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by pazienza(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2015
I was down with serious malaria that I could not make my broadcast but Ojukwu went on air as soon as he got back and claimed that we agreed to a Confederation to which I had always strongly objected
http://www.odogwublog.com/2015/04/gowon-visited-anambra-and-spoke-for.html?m=1

I can see that the snake has crawled his way back into this thread to spread falsehood.

For all it's worth, decree 8 was just what it was, a Decree that could have been abrogated any time the military dictator that created it wanted by exploiting the " state of emergency" loophole purposefully inserted into the decree.

Secondly, as we could hear from the horse's mouth, Gowon made it clear over there that he won't grant confederation to the regions, that very much is obvious, you don't run confederations with silly decrees.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by pazienza(m): 9:41am On Sep 13, 2015
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by pazienza(m): 9:41am On Sep 13, 2015
Again, I find it funny that an Odua-Arewa person is concerned about Biafran leadership, when the Arewa-Odua states are not currently better governed than Biafra.

The only favour Biafrans needed from Odua-Arewa people, was for the parasites to be contented with their Arewa-Odua land and leave Biafrans alone, that was the only thing they needed. But no, the parasites drawn by lust for Biafran resources couldn't stay in their cursed lands, they had to March down to Biafra to force co-existence with Biafrans.

Nothing has changed today, no Biafran need any advice on leadership from Arewa-Odua people, all we need is that you keep your parasitic nature away from us. We want you to embrace your Arewa-Oduanistan land and stop poke nosing into Biafrans affairs. I mean, how difficult can this be? Huh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by laudate: 10:19am On Sep 13, 2015
It takes a whole lot to impress me, but I must say again that you Yoruba people have managed to do so more than once, recently. wink

And you have impressed not just me, but several others on NL. To the extent that, a rabid Igbo pro-Biafran agitator is crying out aloud and interceding for you with tears in his eyes, to please to embrace your own republic, which he calls "Arewa-Oduanistan land."

Epic! cheesy
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Change2015(m): 10:23am On Sep 13, 2015
pazienza:

The reality is that Biafrans don't want to share a country with the Arewa-odua people.

This has been the reality since 1966 till date. It's a sign of gross ignorance of history to insinuate that the Biafrans demand for independent existence outside the Nigerian state is tied to GEJ fate in Nigeria.

MASSOB had been active many years before GEJ emergence, IPOB and radio Biafra has been there before GEJ loss.

In the end, what matters is that Biafra must come.

Massob that ended up supporting pdp election delay tactics, just like opc and yet you think they have principles? Was it not money Jonathan was passing around that threw ohaneze into confusion? Now even professor Ben Nwabueze, a renowned constitutional lawyer has faded into irrelevance because he too joined the pathetic Jonathan train. Already your kanu is fighting many of his colleagues and former colleagues and there are many allegations of financial fraud and sexual scandals. I guess all this is meant to impress yeah? And as for the constant yoruba and hausa bashing, I come from a Nigerian minority and you think this kind of open display of ethnic hatred is a good marketing tool? I will tell you this for free, there are many delta ibos I have familial ties to and none parrots this biafra nonsense, much the same as the south south have no interest. Go persuade your own people, but don't be so stupid as to imagine that any referendum on separation will be held on a tribal basis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Flyingngel(m): 10:35am On Sep 13, 2015
Op's pls for the sake of , pls remove south-south frm ur acclaimed country. We down here are not Biafran and are not interested. I don't knw hw u people will understand that we are Niger Deltan and if there is going to be secession, southeast will on there own. Niger Delta is not a conquered territory. This is not 1967.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Flyingngel(m): 10:35am On Sep 13, 2015
Op's pls for the sake of BIAFRA , pls remove south-south frm ur acclaimed country. We down here are not Biafran and are not interested. I don't knw hw u people will understand that we are Niger Deltan and if there is going to be secession, southeast will on there own. Niger Delta is not a conquered territory. This is not 1967.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by pazienza(m): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
Change2015:

Massob that ended up supporting pdp election delay tactics, just like opc and yet you think they have principles? Was it not money Jonathan was passing around that threw ohaneze into confusion? Now even professor Ben Nwabueze, a renowned constitutional lawyer has faded into irrelevance because he too joined the pathetic Jonathan train. Already your kanu is fighting many of his colleagues and former colleagues and there are many allegations of financial fraud and sexual scandals. I guess all this is meant to impress yeah? And as for the constant yoruba and hausa bashing, I come from a Nigerian minority and you think this kind of open display of ethnic hatred is a good marketing tool? I will tell you this for free, there are many delta ibos I have familial ties to and none parrots this biafra nonsense, much the same as the south south have no interest. Go persuade your own people, but don't be so stupid as to imagine that any referendum on separation will be held on a tribal basis.

What exactly are you talking about? I couldn't make head or tail of this your post.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by pazienza(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
Flyingngel:
Op's pls for the sake of BIAFRA , pls remove south-south frm ur acclaimed country. We down here are not Biafran and are not interested. I don't knw hw u people will understand that we are Niger Deltan and if there is going to be secession, southeast will on there own. Niger Delta is not a conquered territory. This is not 1967.

Taa gbafuo! Be proud of your ethnic group and stop hiding behind the nebulous term "Niger delta". Even Imo, Abia, Edo and Ondo people are Niger deltans.

The term Niger Delta has no meaning in today's Nigeria. Don't pretend to be a spokesperson for a meaningless term.

The Niger delta republic Adaka Boro declared in 1966 was an Ijaw only republic, are you an Ijaw?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by basilo101: 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
Flyingngel:
Op's pls for the sake of , pls remove south-south frm ur acclaimed country. We down here are not Biafran and are not interested. I don't knw hw u people will understand that we are Niger Deltan and if there is going to be secession, southeast will on there own. Niger Delta is not a conquered territory. This is not 1967.
Mumu, what is south south, or Niger delta? speak 4 ur tribe alone. most parts of SE are more soth dan the so called south south and more Niger delta the the aclaimed Niger delta, tell us ur tribe
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Flyingngel(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
pazienza:

Taa gbafuo! Be proud of your ethnic group and stop hiding behind the nebulous term "Niger delta". Even Imo, Abia, Edo and Ondo people are Niger deltans.

The term Niger Delta has no meaning in today's Nigeria. Don't pretend to be a spokesperson for a meaningless term.

The Niger delta republic Adaka Boro declared in 1966 was an Ijaw only republic, are you an Ijaw?

I wouldn't insult u.s. It is not a must for us in south-south to Join BIAFRA. Do ur thing and leave us alone. We r saying that is not a must. Can't u get it?
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Flyingngel(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
pazienza:

I wouldn't insult u. Is it a must for us in south-south to Join BIAFRA? Do ur thing and leave us alone. We r saying that is not a must. Can't u get it?
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by power4reps(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
Are you unemployed, a Youth corps member (NYSC), House wife, or Student? Do you desire an income raise even as a paid employee? I want to share one of my success secrets with you. Do you have the following items? 1. A BANK ACCOUNT (Current or Savings) 2. 2 FRIENDS YOU WANT TO HELP 3. N6,600 ($40)? If you have the above listed items and you want to take a risk like i did to succeed, PING me and i will show you how to turn N6,600 to Millions in simple basic steps. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NETWORKING BUT A SIMPLE ONE. NO SELLING, JUST SERVICES. NO REJECTION, NO FAILURE! NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED. This is an opportunity that empowers you so you can empower others and be happy for the rest of your life. (Thank me later). whatsapp 08036146835 for more info
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Flyingngel(m): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
basilo101:

Mumu, what is south south, or Niger delta? speak 4 ur tribe alone. most parts of SE are more soth dan the so called south south and more Niger delta the the aclaimed Niger delta, tell us ur tribe

With how insolence u r, is this hw ur so call Biafra will be? Leave south-south alone. Do ur thing with ur southeast brothers. Am sure it is not difficult to understand. We are not interested period.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by PenSniper: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
laudate:

The OP started out well .... and just when I was thinking they were getting somewhere, oops! Someone had to insert the word 'Yoruba' into their post, and then it suddenly became an issue of what the 'Yoruba' should have done, but did not do! undecided Typical.

Why must the name of this ethnic group keep popping up on all threads? And the amazing thing is that it is the Biafrans who are always the first to make reference to them on any thread, even when the
subject bears no relation at all to them! shocked Hehehe... cheesy

Mehn, I must congratulate you Yoruba people, o! Eziokwu! shocked Una dey try. I don't even know how you guys do it.
But for another ethnic group not to be able to eat, sleep, plan or dream about their own proposed country, without desperately soliciting your
input must be a major achievement! They are even the ones taking panadol for your headache, and wishing you could form your own Odua republic. shocked

Chai! But wait o, if the Yoruba do not form their own republic, how does that affect the success of the pro-Biafran groups or their endeavour? I still don't get it, oh!

You captured the scenario very aptly.
The ibos can't seem to do anything without using the word 'Yoruba' as aphrodisia otherwise they are at sea without a paddle.
It has become fashionable for them to swallow Cafenol and Phensic for yoruba' headache but they never get cured.

To their myopic and parochial mind, any thread or post that is critical of or advisory of them or the biafran
project must be by a yoruba.

On hindsight, i think they may be suffering from the abrassive reality of 1967/68 which thought them what the yoruba is capable of doing if provoked. It has become their sing-song that the yoruba with not join the north to fight for one nigeria this time around.

Who does not know that it is suicidal to wake up a sleeping Tiger ?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by laudate: 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Change2015:

Epic!! wink Hehehe... Biaketa, do not let the Biafran internet army descend on you, o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
So, to recap the spirit behind this thread, i.e. what inspired it, I wanted to see what arguments anti-Biafrans would make to convince us that Biafra will be worse than Nigeria if she becomes independent. Four pages after, they still can't make any.

Let me step back a little.

A diehard One Nigerianist is someone who believes that Nigeria is better for his or her people than secession; while a diehard Biafran is someone who believes that Biafra is the better future for his people.
As someone who is honest to himself, I have asked myself this question severally and the answer keeps coming back the same -BIAFRA WILL BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM NIGERIA in a powerfully positive way. I believe so because Biafra has the necessary ingredients to form a coherent modern state: same culture, same religion, same mindset, highly trained human resource, heavily endowed with natural resources, and finally the zeal to secede. Knowing Nigeria the way I do, most of the people fighting Biafrans do so out of jealousy, irrational wickedness, and hate. I say "irrational" because these people hate us right now in Nigeria, and have demonstrated the hate by speech, action, physical violence, and conspiracy (by denying us international access etc), WHY THEN CAN'T THEY JUST ALLOW A REFERUNDUM in the east to determine once and for all who wants to stay with them in Nigeria and who wants to leave?
Ojukwu offered the same referendum among the non-Igbo of the east before the war, but Gowon and these same liars, cheats and thieves turned it down and instead created fake "states" that work to exploit the east. I wonder who these people think they are deceiving.
I see someone here desperately trying to divide the east in a "hail Mary" last attempt to sound relevant to the debate, but only fools will be deceived.
Some of them say only "SE" is Biafra, but I know within my heart that same people will fight even harder to keep "SE" in Nigeria if "SE" decides to leave anyway (which can't really happen because it would mean leaving about 40% of Igbo in the Nigerian cage), but we can still leave if they insist on SE alone, and very little would change our prospects for success as an independent country.

But the more important point is that people from "Cross rivers", "Akwa Ibom", "Rivers", and "Delta" have demonstrated historically (in the first civil war) and even in today's IPOB that they are more Biafran than Igbos. And it would simply be unthinkable to have a new Biafra without them. That argument is very simple, and I challenge anyone to grant the whole East and Delta state a referendum to decide who wants to leave as Biafra. If you can't do it, then the truth is self evident!

Still waiting for anyone who can show me how Nigeria is better for the people of Biafra than outright secession...

Waiting patiently! cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
I also noticed a lot of masquerades here too!
Some of them came, threw mud and insult around, and when nobody bit, they "mumuishly" left the thread. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
It would help if some of the same people that opened a thread to support Biafran referendum really demonstrate their support here. But to expose their insincerity they avoided this thread and instead created one to feed their sense of humor. I'm sure they are laughing their asssses off at how people were sucked into that thread. If you support Biafra, here is our dream, show your support here.
We want to build a civilized society for ourselves. Support us.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
Carnegiefan you may become methuselah if you are waiting for someone sensible to give you reason to remain in Lugard's invention.

As for the educational sector in Biafra land, I want history to be taught and made compulsory from the primary to the tertiary schools. Teachers should earn better than politicians.

While people are here making noise the so called niger delta are joining family meetings. lol

IPOB Youth

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 2:56am On Sep 17, 2015
c33b33:
Carnegiefan you may become methuselah if you are waiting for someone sensible to give you reason to remain in Lugard's invention.

As for the educational sector in Biafra land, I want history to be taught and made compulsory from the primary to the tertiary schools. Teachers should earn better than politicians.

While people are here making noise the so called niger delta are joining family meetings. lol

IPOB Youth

cheesy
Music to my ears! There very future is at stake and common sense dictate that they do just that.
We are one people with same mindset.
Biafra needs to be people of same mind to succeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies / Crack In APC Widens: Buhari, Tinubu Disagree On Way Forward / Buhari To EU: We Will Defeat Boko Haram With Civil War Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.