Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? (16299 Views)

Are Tongues Meant To Be Understood? / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? / How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

Is He?

So you don't know what your 'holy father' said? undecided
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

So you don't know what your 'holy father' said? undecided

I know that he is not a magician. You think otherwise?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

Yes Catholic church believes its a real story. But the consecutive part is mine.

You need to catch up with the latest pronouncement of your Pope, you're out of date. cool
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You need to catch up with the latest pronouncement of your Pope, you're out of date. cool

And that is that God is not a magician. Are you learning that today?

Or do you think God is a magician?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Lool!

Is it a news network. grin
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

You see how human beings communicate?

I am answering your questions now, you are happy. Throwing in more. But if I ask you one now, you will go like shocked shocked shocked

I'll answer your questions provided they are relevant to the topic and are not foolish ones. wink
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

ayoku777 has explained it all.

No need for assumptions.

There are those who believe that the creation account is allegorical, let's hear them out. smiley
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

I know that he is not a magician. You think otherwise?

How long did it take Him to create the universe then?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I'll answer your questions provided they are relevant to the topic and are not foolish ones. wink

Lolx.

Foolish ones like this?

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Lool!

Is it a news network. grin

Yes. It's called EWTN News. cool
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

How long did it take Him to create the universe then?

I can't tell. Can you help?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by italo: 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

You see how human beings communicate?

I am answering your questions now, you are happy. Throwing in more. But if I ask you one now, you will go like shocked shocked shocked

He only ran away because his heresy was busted.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
italo:

He only ran away because his heresy was busted.

That's how they roll
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

a follow up question such as this is a foolish one.

That's how you guys roll wink

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

I can't tell. Can you help?

Since you said God is not a magician can you explain how long you think creation took?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Since you said God is not a magician can you explain how long you think creation took?

I just said I don't know.

Can you help me? Teach me.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by italo: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

INCURABLE LIAR!

You've been dodging these ones in the thread about Mary hearing prayers.

1. Where is it written that Mary and the Saints cannot hear, then?

2. 1Cor13:12 and 1John3:2 that say we will be like God and know fully are my Church traditions?

3. What do we know and prophesy in part, that we will know and prophesy fully (according to 1Cor13:9-12 )?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

I just said I don't know.

Can you help me? Teach me.

I want you to enquire from your fellow brethren who were paying attention when your 'holy father' made his pronouncement on this teaching.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
italo:

INCURABLE LIAR!

You've been dodging these ones in the thread about Mary hearing prayers.

1. Where is it written that Mary and the Saints cannot hear, then?

2. 1Cor13:12 and 1John3:2 that say we will be like God and know fully are my Church traditions?

3. What do we know and prophesy in part, that we will know and prophesy fully (according to 1Cor13:9-12 )?

You are wasting time... next he will leave this thread for you to create another to bad-mouth Catholics or Muslims or Pastor Christ.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I want you to enquire from your fellow brethren who were paying attention when your 'holy father' made his pronouncement on this teaching.

okay, tell me what you know.

I can learn from you now. How long?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

okay, tell me what you know.

I can learn from you now. How long?

Am I one of your fellow catholic brethren? undecided
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

No you are not.

But you can teach me, can you. I learn from anybody not only Catholic brethren.

This is how normal human beings communicate. If you ask me a question I don't I will say so. If I know I answer what I know.

But you, you will prefer to run out of thread.

Why?

Tell me now, how long did it take to create the universe?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

No you are not.

But you can teach me, can you.

This is how normal human beings communicate. If you ask me a question I don't I will say so. If I know I answer what I know.

But you, you will prefer to run out of thread.

Why?

Tell me now, how long did it take to create the universe?

Read what you Pope pronounced in the link below and then come back and tell us whether you agree with him or not. cool

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-wand-9822514.html
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

even if you are an atheist, if you true, I will agree with you.

How long did it take to create the universe?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

even if you are an atheist, if you true, I will agree with you.

Have you read up on the link I suggested? undecided
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Read what you Pope pronounced in the link below and then come back and tell us whether you agree with him or not. cool

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-wand-9822514.html

Let's leave what the pope said for now. Pope is not here, I and OLAADEGBU is here.

Y do you dodge questions?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Have you read up on the link I suggested? undecided

I will.

How long did it take God to create this universe?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

Let's leave what the pope said for now. Pope is not here, I and OLAADEGBU is here.

Your Pope is not here but his words can stand in for him. Have you read it? undecided
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

I will.

How long did it take God to create this universe?

Read it and give us the feedback. We are waiting. cool
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Your Pope is not here but his words can stand in for him. Have you read it? undecided

You are so good at dodging questions.

Now this is the summary of your link.

“Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve''.

Now how long did it take God to create the universe?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Read it and give us the feedback. We are waiting. cool

I have read.

How long dis it take God to create the universe?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

Evolution, even if it were true, does not negate the creation story as it will definitely require creation.

You can answer me na, can't you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Storms Abuja For Partners, Sons & Daughters Night / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / Warning! The Trumpet Is Fixing To Sound. JESUS Is Coming!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.