Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? (16305 Views)

Are Tongues Meant To Be Understood? / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? / How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

okay Sir, @The lord

The summary of the above is 'I can't tell'. That's better than long story.

Ah! "That I may know you oh Lord" should be our hearts cry.

For we must all stand before the Judgement seat of Christ, that we may be judged based on what we have done in the body, either good or bad.

We have but one chance. So consider this earthling, "What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Shall you boast of the souls committed to you from the foundations of the world? or shall you boast about your religious doctrinal practices that whip no air?

Scoring oneself against others is pointless.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Ah! "That I may know you oh Lord" should be our hearts cry.

For we must all stand before the Judgement seat of Christ, that we may be judged based on what we have done in the body, either good or bad.

We have but one chance. So consider this earthling, "What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Shall you boast of the souls committed to you from the foundations of the world? or shall you boast about your religious doctrinal practices that whip no air?

Scoring oneself against others is pointless.

Okay sir

I love and cherish Mother Mary. God bless you.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

Okay sir

I love and cherish Mother Mary. God bless you.

And I do love and cherish My Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

And I do love and cherish My Lord Jesus Christ.
So do I
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

So do I

Ah! but you did put Mary first.

Who knows if you did deny. "For in works and deeds do they deny our Lord" the scripture says.

Be careful to watch your soul. For in this life you have your hope.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Ah! but you did put Mary first.

Who knows if you did deny. "For in works and deeds do they deny our Lord" the scripture says.

Be careful to watch your soul. For in this life you have your hope.

okay, I still love her.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

okay, I still love her.

The same way we also love Abraham.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

okay, I still love her.

So,answer me this as I ask.

Does the great King and Father, Love and esteem Mary more than you?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

The same way we also love Abraham.
okay,
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

okay,

It should be a fullstop not a comma.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So,answer me this as I ask.
Does the great King and Father, Love and esteem Mary more than you?
I cannot answer for Him.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

It should be a fullstop not a comma.
No,
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

I cannot answer for Him.

Alas!

So you are indeed void of such knowledge.

*Oh Lord, that the eyes of your children be opened and that they may know the inheritance You have given unto them*

The scripture is full of the answers you seek, O! earthling.

My great King and Father loves me just the same as He loves the great King Jesus. No more no less. You indeed accept less because of your insecurity. Insecurity is birthed by ignorance as we know.

The great King, Sire, is not a respecter of persons.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Alas!

So you are indeed void of such knowledge.

*Oh Lord, that the eyes of your children be opened and that they may know the inheritance You have given unto them*

The scripture is full of the answers you seek, O! earthling.

My great King and Father loves me just the same as He loves the great King Jesus. No more no less. You indeed accept less because of your insecurity. Insecurity is birthed by ignorance as we know.

The great King, Sire, is not a respecter of persons.

Waoh. Thanks for the lesson though

But I am a respecter of persons. I don't love Rooney more than I love my mum. But I love them.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

Waoh. Thanks for the lesson though

But I am a respecter of persons. I don't love Rooney more than I love my mum. But I love them.

Phileo love is what you talk about here Sire. Not Agape.

Be enlightened. Agape love never prefers one over the other. Now we start to see that you are void of what scripture teaches.

Fallen humans dwell mostly on Phileo, But My great King came and presented us with His Agape.

Embrace it son. It's your doorway to the fullness of God.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Phileo love is what you talk about here Sire. Not Agape.

Be enlightened. Agape love never prefers one over the other. Now we start to see that you are void of what scripture teaches.

Fallen humans dwell mostly on Phileo, But My great King came and presented us with His Agape.

Embrace it son. It's your doorway to the fullness of God.

And I can only do that by castigating other people's faith.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

And I can only do that by castigating other people's faith.

Again I ask, Where do you stand Sire?

I stand always for the truth. Do you?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I do. I stand for the truth that is devoid of hate.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

Agape Love involves hate.

The truth involves hate.

Compassion involves hate.

For without hate, there can be no compassion. The truth you stand for sire, must be surreal.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Agape Love involves hate.

The truth involves hate.

Compassion involves hate.

For without hate, there can be no compassion. The truth you stand for sire, must be surreal.

The truth Sire is devoid of hate.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

The truth Sire is devoid of hate.

Hmmm...So you do love the works of the devil.

Enlighten me further. undecided
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Hmmm...So you do love the works of the devil.
Enlighten me further. undecided
The devil together with his works and co-workers is not the truth.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

The devil together with his works and co-workers is not the truth.

What do you know is the definition of truth?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

What do you know is the definition of truth?
According to who?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

According to who?

You Sire.

or are you still searching google?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You Sire.
or are you still searching google?
My own definition of truth, that's what you want to know.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

My own definition of truth, that's what you want to know.

Still prolonging the matter.

Whats your definition?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Still prolonging the matter.
Whats your definition?
okay,
You don't like prolonged issues? Okay, my definition remains my definition.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

okay,

You don't like prolonged issues? Okay, my definition remains my definition.

So the summary is "you don't know what truth means".

Now I can go do other things.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So the summary is "you don't know what truth means".

Now I can go do other things.

Is it possible for someone to say 'I don't know'? No, I don't think so. It's not in the dictionary of agape Christians.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

Is it possible for someone to say 'I don't know'? No, I don't think so. It's not in the dictionary of agape Christians.

If I told you a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Storms Abuja For Partners, Sons & Daughters Night / When Your Dating Partner Is Disturbing You For Marriage / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.