Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (114992 Views)

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by PenSniper: 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
He even got tribal marks to complete it.

My boss loves anything Yoruba. He's always to so happy to introduce me to people, I'm like CHILLLL.

He was so excited when he found out that our university not only have African studies, but a separate Yoruba studies (not just Yoruba language) department. When he told me, I was like.....so? Almost all top American universities have Yoruba language courses.

Funny guy.

People love Yoruba culture, no lie. grin

For mischievous rodents asking
how this will impact Yoruba lives in Nigeria:

The Yoruba village in South Carolina impacts the lives of Yorubas and non-Yorubas in America who wants to
learn more about the Yoruba culture.
Their value and mission is not to help ekiti or Ilesan or osogbo people in NIgeria. Their mission is to enrich the lives of people with information. Information is power.
Oduduwa a gbe a o!

Ase ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by idowuswap: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
idowuswap:
Igbo people can only promotes their culture in prison yard,that where they belong to criminal descendant.thief arm robber.ritualist.kidnapper.drug pusher.419........'Kudos to a yoruba man the hero benjamen adekunle that killed igbo people with no mercy during war..............thank God ooooooooooooooooooooooOooo
naso brosssss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by XBLadez: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
grin grin ndigbo why evils ? grin grin
Grow up, kid. The op is about Yoruba culture in America, not Ndigbo
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
mayusguy:
So posting ur bs to my response to another post bashing a tribe will resolve this, go check my profile i've bin on NL for a while and trust me the hate on yoruba's by dis Biafra pple is just too much. Most times i ignore but it got even worse so dont say anything about it fading out cos it wont if we dont shut them up. Am sure you're from that same tribe cos if you aint biased you wud av responded to those who started dis bashing first.

You my friend, I can see your blood is really hot and I can tell your manners by reading your post. If only you took a minute to check my 'bs' posts and the post I responded to using my 'bs' comment, you have seen that I am calling everyone out.

As per you trying to shut them up, how has it work for you? I wish you luck with that, maybe one day you will come to learn never to judge people from afar without getting to know who truly they are.

So you my friend since you still dey 'para' go take your daily dose of 'laid-tadol' it helps a lot. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by PenSniper: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
YORUBA is a "RACE" not a "TRIBE"

Pls take Note

Lastly I hereby declare this thread free from the eastern earthworms any attempt to invade this beautiful thread is an attempt on Lagos Lagoon. I have seriously #LANDED

A million-dollar, classic post considering the source.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by idowuswap: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
idowuswap:
Igbo people can only promotes their culture in prison yard,that where they belong to criminal descendant.thief arm robber.ritualist.kidnapper.drug pusher.419........'Kudos to a yoruba man the hero benjamen adekunle that killed igbo people with no mercy during war..............thank God ooooooooooooooooooooooOooo
yesoooo hausa dey match dem wella
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Shymm3x: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
@shymm3x

I do completely agree with this. Imagine a country called Yoruba - tourism, money money money.

True.

We are too big to be in that shiithole. It is like the Germans, French, and Dutch not having their own countries - with mixed countries like Austria, and Belgium representing their identities. These mofos just divided Yorubas into all kinds of countries lol.

Anyway, I like how you lot came out in attack mode on this thread before the Biafrans could invade it with pictures of Ibadan's brown roofs. We got them shook off the bat looool. Attack is the best form of defence.

I'm expecting a counter thread very soon by Biafrans with some Igbo village in the new world loool.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
XBLadez:

The madness can be found only in Nairaland. There are good Yoruba people in the real world
like myself, even if I do say so myself sad
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
XBLadez:

Grow up, kid. The op is about Yoruba culture in America, not Ndigbo
whats your beef tho ? stroganoff or shaki ?
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by PenSniper: 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Exactly, how can a tribe persist indigenously in not 1, not 2, but close to 5 countries?

Nigeria, Rep. of Benin, Togo, USA, Brazil, Cuba, maybe Haiti.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by nightmile: 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
idowuswap:

Mind you bro, Pa Adekunle has thousands of young boiling red scorpions on ground waiting for .....
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Lincoln275(m): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
ERODEDEAST:

[b]
day6 oblonjo, u r thick my LSF

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
Why u sucking your own diiick, praising urself using a different acc. Well amo reply you again, go back to some threads where ur pple kept bashing other tribes den av a rethink b4 judging. If you're really non partisan then correct your brodas first. When it doesnt favour u guys, u suddenly turn saints pls i'm very free today somebody shud pls tag me and insult my tribe if i wont end his or her NL career bastards!!! And yes i'll curse ur tribe over and over again if u dont stop...awon morafuckers!!!
bstringz:

Wow, epic reply. You know bro av been reading all these comments and I weep sincerely for Nigeria. My heart is really heavy right now. Am an Ibo guy but I have so many yoruba peeps as friends and I love them even with their flaws.

I read where mayusguy was just calling people bastard, people you probably don't know. We hide behind phones and tye whatever we please, some are cowards in real life.

Am disappointed with vicadex I think he's the one that opened this thread. He opened it just for an e-tribal war. Well, I hope he's happy now.

I hope this wat remains an e-war, make e no turn real war cos na dem many of us go regret wetin we talk.
Brugge you were raised by a great father! From your post I can deduce that guy were raised well.
Am proud of you.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by XBLadez: 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
whats your beef tho ? stroganoff or shaki ?
The beef is learn to keep to the topic in view and set tribalism aside for another day
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by PenSniper: 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with
your juju and rituals, you are still cowards

Thanks for expressing your abject pain, deep sorrow and a suicidal frustration at Yoruba' glory.
Please tell your people to inform us when your frustration leads you to your inevitable suicide so that we can R.I.P you.
kwenu, oyamburu, nwa Osu. Kachifonu.

5 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by An2elect2(f): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Brugge:

You my friend, you made a good point. I take it that your daily dose of 'laid' is effective. Keep it up and thumps up to whomever is responsible for that, he is doing a good job. If it is 'it' then you need to tell other 'e-idiots' on NL the brand you are using. grin

There are better jobs my friend
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Koolking(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

You're welcome. I know you're too lazy to do your research.

Then you wouldn't be on this thread lamenting. I think it's damn special and a big feat.
Which other non- indigent group has the same achievement? the barren igbo village in Virginia?
grin

((chuckles) Don't even go there. There is nothing to research here. You'll still get the same information you and I uploaded online. They are all subjective personal opinions based on our understanding.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
bstringz:

Wow, epic reply. You know bro av been reading all these comments and I weep sincerely for Nigeria. My heart is really heavy right now. Am an Ibo guy but I have so many yoruba peeps as friends and I love them even with their flaws.

I read where mayusguy was just calling people bastard, people you probably don't know. We hide behind phones and tye whatever we please, some are cowards in real life.

Am disappointed with vicadex I think he's the one that opened this thread. He opened it just for an e-tribal war. Well, I hope he's happy now.

I hope this wat remains an e-war, make e no turn real war cos na dem many of us go regret wetin we talk.
Brugge you were raised by a great father! From your post I can deduce that guy were raised well.
Am proud of you.

Thanks you my friend. My parents did try but God na Him try pass grin grin

One thing I have come to realize is that most people engaging in this 'e-war' are people that has never left their small hideout. People that have never had the opportunity to live and interact with people from different ethnic group (1 year NYSC does not count here). People that have never found themselves 1000 of miles away from home, where the closest to family they could have are anyone from Africa, irrespective of their tribe. People that have never been in a position where not being killed lies in the hand of the guys to your left and right and these guys are not even your kinsmen let alone from your tribe. Which is why I don't engage them in such senseless 'fight.'

If only people could actually use this time to engage in meaningful discussion on how to move our country forward, if only people could use this time to deliberate on things that really matter, but then we are just human. We never learn and we are too rigid to do so.

So you my friend I can see that your daily douse of 'laid-tadol' works well. Keep it up and remain blessed. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
XBLadez:

The beef is learn to keep to the topic in view and set tribalism aside for another day
i did align with the topic for the first 4 pages but these ipob youths kept a steady stream and barrage of insults coming. i had no choice but to join in the fray. after-all I am my brothers keeper. i suspect in past reincarnated life i was a oduduwa warrior. probably killed a few lions with my bare hands

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
mayusguy:
Why u sucking your own diiick, praising urself using a different acc. Well amo reply you again, go back to some threads where ur pple kept bashing other tribes den av a rethink b4 judging. If you're really non partisan then correct your brodas first. When it doesnt favour u guys, u suddenly turn saints pls i'm very free today somebody shud pls tag me and insult my tribe if i wont end his or her NL career bastards!!! And yes i'll curse ur tribe over and over again if u dont stop...awon morafuckers!!!

You my friend stop taking a single dose of 'laid-tadol' please do take three daily. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
Shymm3x:

True.

We are too big to be in that shiithole. It is like the Germans, French, and Dutch not having their own countries - with mixed countries like Austria, and Belgium representing their identities. These mofos just divided Yorubas into all kinds of countries lol.

Anyway, I like how you lot came out in attack mode on this thread before the Biafrans could invade it with pictures of Ibadan's brown roofs. We got them shook off the bat looool. Attack is the best form of defence.

I'm expecting a counter thread very soon by Biafrans with some Igbo village in the new world loool.

Lol @ the bolded.

Let them post their picture of barren igbo village in Virginia that pays people to visit them.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by heftycul: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with your juju and rituals, you are still cowards

Kini were olori pelebe yi so na
Ode

4 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
And you shud stop smoking that bird sh*t grin grin
Brugge:

You my friend stop taking a single dose of 'laid-tadol' please do take three daily. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Koolking:

((chuckles) Don't even go there. There is nothing to research here.

Nothing to research, but you're asking for links. Swerve.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by XBLadez: 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
i did align with the topic for the first 4 pages but these ipob youths kept a steady stream and barrage of insults coming. i had no choice but to join in the fray. after-all I am my brothers keeper. i suspect in past reincarnated life i was a oduduwa warrior. probably killed a few lions with my bare hands
It's not true I read the first page too. Someone, possibly a Yoruba, made a sarcastic remark against the Igbos before the intruders came in. When u create such threads always try to avoid making negative comments about other tribes that could spark up an e-war
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mart2k(m): 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
Igbo kwenu, how far. I trust those from SAD-East, if na dem dem dey for litter d place wit fake products and their girls for dey do Ashawo business. Their men too for don turn d place drugs zone. Use.less set of people

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:

Your brothers are hated and massacered in millions anywhere they are found accross the World.

I heard it was Igbo people that triggered the xenophobic reactions in South Africa.

They were boasting about and telling the natives that they are slaves to white people and that they are the ones that built and developed South Africa for them.

They even told the natives that there ladies preferred dating them cos they're more successful...I mean who does that if not the flat headed arrogant criminals and drug pushers.

Igbo people are cursed with bile, hate and crime
Ilekeh:

Lol @ the bolded.
Let them post their picture of barren igbo village in Virginia that pays people to visit them.
I like how both of dealt with that dude

I Like all tribes in as much you are not wishing me bad. But I can't stand a fool abusing my tribe because I don't abuse tribes on this forum .

Well done guys cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
mayusguy:
And you shud stop smoking that bird sh*t grin grin

You my friend you should try the bird shit, it is dope grin grin While looking for where to get one don't forget to take 3 doses of 'laid-tadol' before bedtime. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by XBLadez: 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Lol @ the bolded.

[s]Let them post their picture of barren igbo village in Virginia that pays people to visit them[/s]
This chronic masturbator will never change. Get a life
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
XBLadez:

It's not true I read the first page too. Someone, possibly a Yoruba, made a sarcastic remark against the Igbos before the intruders came in. When u create such threads always try to avoid making negative comments about other tribes that could spark up an e-war
yeah I hear ya. whats good with you anyway ? what you fixing to get up to this friday ? explore a few peppersoup joints and kill some orijin ?
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by fresherdanU: 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:

But they are kings and Queens ruling over a Kingdom of their own in the white mans land, something that your tribe will never be able to achieve in a thousand years to come

In the heirachy of Slaves the Yoruba presided over the others because of their high level of intelligence and sophistication and that is why their Language and cultures survived in those colonial countries up till date.

Igbo slaves however were third class slaves. They were used for the most demeaning and dehumanizing tasks because they were very good at manual labour that requires no intelligence just like we have in present day Nigeria, hence they had no opinion and their culture and sense of identity was completely balkanized.
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
U repeating samething, r u dat daft Am gettin bored, abeg i need a better challenge
Brugge:

You my friend you should try the bird shit, it is dope grin grin While looking for where to get one don't forget to take 3 doses of 'laid-tadol' before bedtime. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures / Kalabari People! / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.