Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (115008 Views)

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Koolking(m): 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Nothing to research, but you're asking for links. Swerve.

Because you preferred I needed the link to be convinced on your assertion.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by bstringz(m): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
mayusguy:
Why u sucking your own diiick, praising urself using a different acc. Well amo reply you again, go back to some threads where ur pple kept bashing other tribes den av a rethink b4 judging. If you're really non partisan then correct your brodas first. When it doesnt favour u guys, u suddenly turn saints pls i'm very free today somebody shud pls tag me and insult my tribe if i wont end his or her NL career bastards!!! And yes i'll curse ur tribe over and over again if u dont stop...awon morafuckers!!!

You Don already insult me nd I never even insult your "tribe" but I won't debase myself so low like you cos am probably better than you judging from your comments

Tribalism is bad I don't encourage it whether from Ibo people or any other tribe.

Now the "shutting dem up" how has that worked for you?? Do u get a medal after you "shut them up"?

There should be age restrictions to any one joining nairaland cos how can you say u wud finish somebody's career on nairaland?? Who the hell has a career here?oops I forgot you do. Well I hope your" career "goes on well for you here
But my candid advice to you as a senior brother cos from your posts I can see that your my very junior brother, is get a real career probably u won't have energy for stupid tribal wars which doesn't add a dime to ur bank account. If you don't have one I would be happy to employ you if you, and even feed you all over and over again.
And no I haven't seen thread where Ibo people antagonise your tribe cos I don't have such time

Time is money. I suggest u grow up and start making some money cos I won't feed you forever even though I can. But I won't.
Enjoy this beautiful Friday. Cheers
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Bambless1(m): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
Yoruba ni o,Yoruba ni mi,Yoruba ni wa!!! Proudly yoruba everywhere i go! #omooduduwa

4 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
XBLadez:

This chronic masturbator will never change. Get a life

You my friend can you do your best to help put a lid on the 'e-war'? On the other hand a dose of 'laid-tadol' before bedtime really helps. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
The only sets of people that practice igbo culture are Indonesia executors, Malaysian executors, Chinese executors, Indian prison, and sometimes Igbo people. Most times, Igbos practice Yoruba culture.

10 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:

But they are kings and Queens ruling over a Kingdom of their own in the white mans land, something that your tribe will never be able to achieve in a thousand years to come

In the heirachy of Slaves the Yoruba presided over the others because of their high level of intelligence and sophistication and that is why their Language and cultures survived in those colonial countries up till date.

Igbo slaves however were third class slaves. They were used for the most demeaning and dehumanizing tasks because they were very good at manual labour that requires no intelligence just like we have in present day Nigeria, hence they had no opinion and their culture and sense of identity was completely balkanized.
And who else will be boasting about being a slave in the first place. Except that person is still a slave. Or re you saying being a slave is an achievement? I dey shame for u o!
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by emmacity2: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
Not bad
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
Koolking:

Because you preferred I needed the link (evidence) to be convinced on your assertion.

That's what you call research lizard.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
mayusguy:
U repeating samething, r u dat daft Am gettin bored, abeg i need a better challenge

You my friend, I have to repeat it until I cure you of hate. grin Three dose of 'laid-tadol' before going to bed is the recommended dosage.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Subzydon(m): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
lol............................... my joy and happiness is that even before the first yoruba man commented he acknowledged the IGBO'S.

Proud to be an Igbo man. haters can go nd die.

check dis thread u guys have mentioned IGBO more than yoruba.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Koolking(m): 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

That's what you call research lizard.

Ok. I agree. You win!
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mart2k(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with your juju and rituals, you are still cowards
go and jump into LAGOON or you and ur so called biafrans should leave d entire YORUBALAND and go back to ur erosion infested region.

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
The only sets of people that practice igbo culture are Indonesia executors, Malaysian executors, Chinese executors, Indian prison, and sometimes Igbo people. Most times, Igbos practice Yoruba culture.

You my friend I can see you couldn't handle the pressure, you allow yourself to be roped into this fight. cry cry

Please stay focus on the 'job' that lies ahead.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by XBLadez: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
yeah I hear ya. whats good with you anyway ? what you fixing to get up to this friday ? explore a few peppersoup joints and kill some orijin ?
Yeah, it's Friday, I'm supposed to explore the peppersoup joints and probably get drunk. It's always fun-filled here during weekends in Owerri cool
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by CaptPlanet(m): 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
Just as Ibos are Jews

Yorubas are Americans?

*flees from thread*

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
XBLadez:

Yeah, it's Friday, I'm supposed to explore the peppersoup joints and probably get drunk. It's always fun-filled here during weekends in Owerri cool
owerri is where its at man. send me an invite let me come chill with you wink
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
VonBismark:
And who else will be boasting about being a slave in the first place. Except that person is still a slave. Or re you saying being a slave is an achievement? I dey shame for u o!

You my friend you need a daily dose of 'laid-tadol' it helps keep you away from a senseless fight like the one going on on this thread. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by CaptPlanet(m): 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
XBLadez:

I've been in the east for sometime (on an assignment) and I can tell u, Owerri on Fridays is something else. I might be going to one new lounge close to nekkede grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by phonesNgadgets: 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Great people, rich culture smiley cool

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
lawanson44:

LWKMD!

Funny enough, Yesterday, a cute calabar lady who works on the second floor of the plaza where i run my business who has been paying constant visits to my office for over a week just for me to keep her company complained that her madam called her to tell her a client was coming to pick up some goods from her shop by 7 am today so she needs to be in their shop by 6:30 am. She was staying in Keffi which is about 25km from Abuja and from all indications, she was not going to make it to the office by then. She complained and asked me if i knew anyone whom she could put up with in the Abuja metropolis just to make an early start and i said NO. As she made to walk out of my office, i called her back and suggested she passed the night in my place since i live in Garki and she obliged.

We got home by 7pm...i prepared some pasta with the chicken stew in my fridge while she snugged under my duvet with the AC on while watching some Telemundo.

Fast foward to about 3 am, it started raining heavily and there was a power-cut and i had to go make sure my kitchen windows were closed properly and went back to the bed and she woke up and in a reflex turned to face me and we cuddled instantly.

Could have been the sound of the rain coupled with the warmth which she confirmed my body had coupled with the way i was teasing her hair and ear-lobes plus the hard-on on my crouch that instantly put her in the mood and before we knew it, my boxers and my satin pyjamas which i offered her to wear were already on the floor with us smooching like tigers on heat and we gave each other the hottest and intense banging we both can never forget. As we speak, she had to rush back home so early after the woman came to pick off the things from the shop so as to get her personal stuff to spend the weekend with me. cool cool

So you see son, i get laid whenever i want and without even planning it while perhaps last night while i was at it, you were in the bathroom jerking off with a Lux soap at hand while fantasizing about Cossy's booobs! cheesy cheesytongue tongue
You ve got issues bro!. But God will surely have mercy on you cos he loves u so much
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by vicadex07(m): 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
cristweeezy:
some parts in brazil practise it too...

Even cuba, Jamaica and several other south american countries.

Do you know there is a high population indigenous Yoruba speaking people in Benin republic?

Their current president is of Yoruba descent

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mart2k(m): 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with your juju and rituals, you are still cowards
go and jump into LAGOON or you and ur so called biafrans should leave d entire YORUBALAND and go back to ur erosion infested region. Second class citizens, by God's grace, Nigerian Soldiers wil use all the Igbos as target training when d time comes and my brothers from d north wil turn d whole sad-east to groundnut farm

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by phonesNgadgets: 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
He even got tribal marks to complete it.

My boss loves anything Yoruba. He's always to so happy to introduce me to people, I'm like CHILLLL.

He was so excited when he found out that our university not only have African studies, but a separate Yoruba studies (not just Yoruba language) department. When he told me, I was like.....so? Almost all top American universities have Yoruba language courses.

Funny guy.

People love Yoruba culture, no lie. grin
Ase Ooo! smiley

For mischievous rodents asking how this will impact Yoruba lives in Nigeria:

The Yoruba village in South Carolina impacts the lives of Yorubas and non-Yorubas in America who wants to learn more about the Yoruba culture.
Their value and mission is not to help ekiti or Ilesan or osogbo people in NIgeria. Their mission is to enrich the lives of people with information. Information is power.
Oduduwa a gbe a o!
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Funkybabee(f): 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:

Ogo gan....
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

If this is supposed to hurt anyone, think about the forgotten 29% prisoners of war from the Bright of Biafra. Did you dump them in Neptune?

No sane HUMAN wants to hurt Yoruba people because they already have absolute hate for themselves already. The way Yoruba people hate dem selves is cool enough.

How can I want to hurt a tribe that believes became become wealthy without doing one form of juju or the other

How can I try to hurt a tribe that believes in using juju to prevent others from progressing

How can try to hurt a tribe that use magun to kill each other

Sorry bro, I will allow Yorubas to complete alienate demselves.

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
chuna1985:

No sane HUMAN wants to hurt Yoruba people because they already have absolute hate for themselves already. The way Yoruba people hate dem selves is cool enough.

How can I want to hurt a tribe that believes became become wealthy without doing one form of juju or the other

How can I try to hurt a tribe that believes in using juju to prevent others from progressing

You my friend this is Friday evening, you should be taking your daily dose of 'laid-tadol' by now rather than engaging in this senseless 'e-fight'

So my friend go get you 'laid-tadol' asap. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
chuna1985:

listen here you coconut headed ipob youth, the next time you talk about yoruba I will slap the shytt outta you. angry

4 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ibedun: 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
anonimi:
When shall WE remove the off-putting religious aspects of our cultural heritage and start making MONEY from its tourism potentials instead of running away to be voluntary slaves abroad

Tell those Igbo people running from their homeland.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ghost01(m): 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Let's hope the next Ooni of Ife will not be the type whose "born again-ness" will be announced to the public while he's still on the throne. The same goes for the other obas and baales, irrespective of the class of their crown. Our culture is far richer than something to be subjected to such BS. If you can't identify with the tradition, don't bother to contest for the throne. Shikena!
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by miccent: 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
I Don't Think This Call For Any Debate, At The End Of The Day WE Are All ONE, WE Are AFRICANS. Lets Celebrate WE/US...

Good Culture, Good People.

Peace & Unity.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by XBLadez: 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
owerri is where its at man. send me an invite let me come chill with you wink
Hahaha! Can a tribalist like u ever travel out of his comfort zone? I don't think so, my friend. It's quite a different world here on Nairaland - people tend to go out of their way to lead a sham life. I, for instance, hate the idea of Biafra because I don't trust the silly Ndigbo group to represent us well (they only campaign to fill their own stomach), but since it has become an anthem to Igbo Nairalanders I find myself dragged into arguments just to defend my people. And, notwithstanding, I still travel to Lagos, Abuja and Ogun state sometimes when business calls. But I don't think u can
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
If u had common sense to read in between the lines you would understand better but let me school you son, i never really have time for NL cos am busy working and making money but when i do av the time all i see is tribal war especially from igbos and non of u tried correcting dem. Now go back to the beginning of this thread and see who started the insults. Now talking trash about employing and feeding me, mehn u dont want to go down that road cos i might drop my phone number so we can have a proper meeting then we'll see who will feed who. I wont brag cos we dont, d same character runs all through u igbos all u do is brag and start what u cant finish(history). You tried so hard to sound matured yet u ended up braging like a toddler which isnt surprising, never start what u cant finish
bstringz:

You Don already insult me nd I never even insult your "tribe" but I won't debase myself so low like you cos am probably better than you judging from your comments

Tribalism is bad I don't encourage it whether from Ibo people or any other tribe.

Now the "shutting dem up" how has that worked for you?? Do u get a medal after you "shut them up"?

There should be age restrictions to any one joining nairaland cos how can you say u wud finish somebody's career on nairaland?? Who the hell has a career here?oops I forgot you do. Well I hope your" career "goes on well for you here
But my candid advice to you as a senior brother cos from your posts I can see that your my very junior brother, is get a real career probably u won't have energy for stupid tribal wars which doesn't add a dime to ur bank account. If you don't have one I would be happy to employ you if you, and even feed you all over and over again.
And no I haven't seen thread where Ibo people antagonise your tribe cos I don't have such time

Time is money. I suggest u grow up and start making some money cos I won't feed you forever even though I can. But I won't.
Enjoy this beautiful Friday. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures / Kalabari People! / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.