Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy (50124 Views)

Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm / "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods / Sack Farming From Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Kalusam(m): 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
My tomato nursery some weeks ago. #VerticalFarming #Growbags

2 Likes

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

Good morning sir, where you able to produce more of d sacks pavore sent? If yes, how much per one and can u pls produce for me? Thanks
Couldn't get the bags... From my practical experience, I will be improving on the materials I started with. Will post some of the pix and processes I adopted.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
Kalusam:
My tomato nursery some weeks ago. #VerticalFarming #Growbags
Good to see your work!
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 6:52am On Dec 20, 2015
organicfoods:
Couldn't get the bags... From my practical experience, I will be improving on the materials I started with. Will post some of the pix and processes I adopted.

I have the sack but my problem is locating where it can be produced for me since I can't travel because of my children. I await the pix n processes. God bless
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 7:21am On Dec 20, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

I have the sack but my problem is locating where it can be produced for me since I can't travel because of my children. I await the pix n processes. God bless
I came across materials used in carport shade... I think it's same material. You can talk to people building carport to see how they get their materials... I suspect it won't come cheap so I didn't bother much about it. I want a very cheap alternative and readily available material to reduce costs for starters.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 7:47am On Dec 20, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

I am very convinced that you can get the material within Nigeria. The cost of production for the organization here l am convinced will not exceed N1,000 for each before they add their profit. The edge of the material is the durability, it will last up to 10 years when properly managed. Just like organicfoods suggested check with people building carports, they would certainly have an idea.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 7:52am On Dec 20, 2015
organicfoods:
We dserve the luck we found... All these space for us to grow crops vertically... . Together with my partner we are moving to the next phase of our revolution.

Land and bore hole all for our use! What a lovely combination. In one of the field, it appears all the worms in world converge there for a festival... Worm cast on the field was about 20 cm deep in some areas

With worms and worm cast you have there, you are a 'big boy' cheesy as here a kilo of earthworm sells for N4,000 and the worm cast do have its value

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 9:00am On Dec 20, 2015
Pavore9:

I am very convinced that you can get the material within Nigeria. The cost of production for the organization here l am convinced will not exceed N1,000 for each before they add their profit. The edge of the material is the durability, it will last up to 10 years when properly managed. Just like organicfoods suggested check with people building carports, they would certainly have an idea.

Maybe I will continue using the cement sack am using. That cost me 10 naira each from panteka people.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 9:44am On Dec 20, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

Maybe I will continue using the cement sack am using. That cost me 10 naira each from panteka people.

Did you make holes around them?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by kolacluxe: 10:54am On Dec 20, 2015
Am also planning to use the cement sack, I will start this week
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
Pavore9:

Did you make holes around them?

No sir. I used like that

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

No sir. I used like that

I guess that is Ugu and you had the cement bag properly washed before usage.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 2:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
Pavore9:

I guess that is Ugu and you had the cement bag properly washed before usage.

That is the strawberry sir. I washed it very well. Soaked it for 2 days in water before washing.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

That is the strawberry sir. I washed it very well. Soaked it for 2 days in water before washing.

I guess it was from the phone l had earlier viewed thus the mistaken identity. That is good, how old are the strawberry plants. I will communicate with that guy who also grows his in sacks, to see if he can mentor you through the process. What is the prevailing temperature in Celsius?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
Pavore9:

I guess it was from the phone l had earlier viewed thus the mistaken identity. That is good, how old are the strawberry plants. I will communicate with that guy who also grows his in sacks, to see if he can mentor you through the process. What is the prevailing temperature in Celsius?

I don't know o but the harmattan is hot. I intend to make a greenhouse next year for d expansion process

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by MsJJ(f): 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
Anytime I come here I feel like I'm wasting time, you all are family as most people around me dont seem interested.
@Jesusbaby6 have your chia seeds arrived? Mine haven't.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
MsJJ:
Anytime I come here I feel like I'm wasting time, you all are family as most people around me dont seem interested.
@Jesusbaby6 have your chia seeds arrived? Mine haven't.

Not yet. I have not even tracked to know its location.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by afunnisho(f): 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
Saw this thread in my search for vertical farming, it has been an eye opener. Pls where and how do you get the neem oil, I am in need of it.
organicfoods:
Neem oil for my nursery treatment.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
Tomatoes and lettuce in my nursery.

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
afunnisho:
Saw this thread in my search for vertical farming, it has been an eye opener. Pls where and how do you get the neem oil, I am in need of it.
You can reach me on 08034342637, are you based in Ibadan.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 2:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
organicfoods:
I can count close to a hundred plants..So far so good with Technisem seeds...

NB: I didn't sow all the seeds. I gave some to my farmer friends at Okeho when I went visiting... They were glad to see me, so I parted with the remaining seeds knowing fully well that I gave them what they will love.

Will be uploading pix soon.

Meanwhile I visited Ilero recently to see how our soy bean organic farms were doing and got this valuable information for you. If you are interested in growing cashew and needs free land then visit Ilero... Oyo state government has a moribund cashew tree growing project there where you can access free land owned by the government.

Do you have an idea if Technisem at Ibadan have butternut squash seeds?

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by afunnisho(f): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Thanks, I will do that. I am based in Ile-Ife so am not far away.
organicfoods:
You can reach me on 08034342637, are you based in Ibadan.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
Pavore9:

Do you have an idea if Technisem at Ibadan have butternut squash seeds?
I will be going there tomorrow. Will confirm for you. I tried calling soloxam, his number was not going through.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
The carport materials I intend using as well for my sack.

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
organicfoods:
I will be going there tomorrow. Will confirm for you. I tried calling soloxam, his number was not going through.

Thanks. awaiting your feedback.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
organicfoods:

Do you have a sample of the sack to use? If u successfully complete it maybe you can post everything for us.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

Do you have a sample of the sack to use? If u successfully complete it maybe you can post everything for us.
Sure will do just that!
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by jonaboy: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
organicfoods:
Please how much did you buy the carport material and when you sew the sacks with it do let us know the outcome. I Have one of the sacks Pavore send to me but have not seen the material in Kaduna to replicate the sack with.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
jonaboy:

Please how much did you buy the carport material and when you sew the sacks with it do let us know the outcome. I Have one of the sacks Pavore send to me but have not seen the material in Kaduna to replicate the sack with.
Was fortunate to lay my hands on it.. A friend was willing to dispose it...however, learnt it won't come cheap, I am eager to experience it's use. Will post images for sure. My partner's girlfriend is a tailor, so it should be ready by tomorrow.. Only she just called this evening that we have to do the cutting for her... She barely can exert the needed energy to cut it... You can imagine how strong it was!
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
The sack filling started this morning... Certain issues came up as you will see in the pix.

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
The nylon materials wasn't durable enough to withstand stress. The carport material is an excellent material that will arguably withstand stress and retain water... Our search for a suitable manufacturer starts now.

... Meanwhile, don't mind the bush burning habits of our worker. I screamed to high heavens when I discovered his short cut to bush clearing... It's a no no for organic practice which we want to instil.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria / See Snake I Found On My Farm While Harvesting Cassava / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.