Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy (50193 Views)

Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm / "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods / Sack Farming From Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
organicfoods:
The nylon materials wasn't durable enough to withstand stress. The carport material is an excellent material that will arguably withstand stress and retain water... Our search for a suitable manufacturer starts now.

... Meanwhile, don't mind the bush burning habits of our worker. I screamed to high heavens when I discovered his short cut to bush clearing... It's a no no for organic practice which we want to instil.

Very nice. Did u put any holes for planting? What about the weaving with the net for easy opening when yo want to change soil? Abeg contact me when u have a manufacturer for it I am interested in the 100 holes bag. Thanks
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

Very nice. Did u put any holes for planting? What about the weaving with the net for easy opening when yo want to change soil? Abeg contact me when u have a manufacturer for it I am interested in the 100 holes bag. Thanks
I will put the holes later... Spacing for my crops varieties differs, l will love to be flexible when transplanting. Meanwhile today I met with a Lebanese who is willing to contact their mother firm in Kano to produce the carport material locally... I hope for good news, he's positive they can manufacture it in their firm. Will keep you updated as things unfolds.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by otes4me: 5:29am On Dec 24, 2015
With GOD...
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 5:53am On Dec 24, 2015
organicfoods:
I will be going there tomorrow. Will confirm for you. I tried calling soloxam, his number was not going through.

Any feedback.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 6:03am On Dec 24, 2015
Pavore9:

Any feedback.
Not yet bro, been extremely busy, but will get you feedback today.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 6:08am On Dec 24, 2015
organicfoods:
Not yet bro, been extremely busy, but will get you feedback today.

OK. Have someone in Nigeria who wants to grow it.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Apitch(m): 10:49am On Dec 24, 2015
Is it possible to use tarpaulin, the type used for fish farming?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2015
Apitch:
Is it possible to use tarpaulin, the type used for fish farming?
Tarpaulin will also work.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
Pavore9:

OK. Have someone in Nigeria who wants to grow it.
They don't have in Stock.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2015
organicfoods:
They don't have in Stock.

Thanks. Will then have to work out on sending it down from here.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by gaussy(m): 10:00am On Dec 25, 2015
jonaboy:

Please how much did you buy the carport material and when you sew the sacks with it do let us know the outcome. I Have one of the sacks Pavore send to me but have not seen the material in Kaduna to replicate the sack with.

Hi Jonaboy, I am also from Kaduna, but in Lagos at the moment. Kindly drop your number, would love to talk to you.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by gaussy(m): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

Hello, Kindly send me a PM or drop your number here and I will call you. I may be able to help with the bags
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 1:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
Progress so far

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
gaussy:

Hello, Kindly send me a PM or drop your number here and I will call you. I may be able to help with the bags
Great! Can you pls kindly share with us here the nature of your materials... Where is your location pls
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by otes4me: 6:40am On Dec 26, 2015
gaussy:

I will be glad if you can post the pictures of the kind of bag you have.. My number is 08038495025
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by jonaboy: 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
gaussy:

Hi Jonaboy, I am also from Kaduna, but in Lagos at the moment. Kindly drop your number, would love to talk to you.
This is my number 08038298365.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by lilreese: 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2015
Interesting how much do I require before venturing into this business
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by iamodenigbo1(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
gaussy:

I need the bags also
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
gaussy:

Do post the material you have.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by gaussy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pavore9:

Do post the material you have.

Jesusbaby6

organicfoods

jonaboy

otes4me

iamodenigbo1

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by iamodenigbo1(m): 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
gaussy:

Jesusbaby6
organicfoods
jonaboy
otes4me
iamodenigbo1
bros how much?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by jonaboy: 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
gaussy:

Jesusbaby6

organicfoods

jonaboy

otes4me

iamodenigbo1
It looks close to the one sent from Kenya but not exactly the same. I would love to see it physically to enable me compare properly. What material is you bag made of, nylon or cotton and what is the price? When will you be in Kaduna so that we can meet?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by gaussy(m): 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
jonaboy:

It looks close to the one sent from Kenya but not exactly the same. I would love to see it physically to enable me compare properly. What material is you bag made of, nylon or cotton and what is the price? When will you be in Kaduna so that we can meet?

it's made from the same material, just a slight colour variation from the one pavore9 sent from Kenya. the colour of this one is slightly lighter. and to answer your question its made from threaded nylon. I am not sure about my availability to Kaduna yet, but certainly next year.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by otes4me: 5:00am On Dec 28, 2015
gaussy:

Jesusbaby6
organicfoods
jonaboy
otes4me
iamodenigbo1
How can i get it? Am presently in ibadan..
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by oluloveme: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
Please How much is it going for and are you in Lagos?

gaussy:

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by gaussy(m): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2015
Jesusbaby6
organicfoods
jonaboy
otes4me
iamodenigbo1
oluloveme

The bags are available for preorder now. presently there are two types, the one with 100 holes and the one used in growing tomato that can carry two tomato seedling.

You can also have the bags customized to suit different planting purposes.

Location is Lagos and delivery is nationwide two days after the receipt of payment.

The Large grow bags go for #2,500
The tomato grow bags go for #500

I can be reached on 080three584117two

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by gaussy(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
oluloveme:
Please How much is it going for and are you in Lagos?

It's for #2,500 sir. I am based in Lagos.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
Worm cast for our sack

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Soknown: 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hi @ organicfoods, I intend to grow pumpkin with this method but can I use sawdust parked from a poultry pen instead of worm cast sand, or can I mix the saw dust with sand ?.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by ceaz4r(m): 7:34am On Jan 05, 2016
Pavore9:

Getting millions of idle youths engaged is no rocket science. I asked some where in one of my posts why Ogun State is not cashing in fortune from Lagosians who spends billions of Naira daily on food despite the fact they are next door neighbours and 5 times the size of Lagos State but just serving as an entry point for trailers of foodstuff from the North?

That is why am so against the purported N5,000 monthly for the unemployed youth as it adds no real value to their lives. Rather than give 1,000 youths N5,000 each which sums up N5m. It should be used to get them resource persons to train them on vertical sack farming, vermiculture, greenhouse construction and post harvest storage where there is no electricity, all these will take only 2 weeks to learn. These idle youths will transform to employers of labour, government will collect taxes from the enterprises they would set up and the ripple effect continues!

You put it well, bro!
Only that we're being governed by block heads who knows next to nothing about smart reasoning and thinking out of the box.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
Soknown:
Hi @ organicfoods, I intend to grow pumpkin with this method but can I use sawdust parked from a poultry pen instead of worm cast sand, or can I mix the saw dust with sand ?.
You can, try and mix in equal proportion... Also create avenue to be able to feed the sacks with waste water from fish ponds. Ugu depends heavily on nitrogen which needs to be replenished regularly.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Soknown: 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
organicfoods:
You can, try and mix in equal proportion... Also create avenue to be able to feed the sacks with waste water from fish ponds. Ugu depends heavily on nitrogen which needs to be replenished regularly.
Okay, I will do that. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos) / Starting A Plantain Farming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.