Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes (3514 Views)

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / Governor Nasir El-Rufai Visits Destitutes' Home In Kaduna / Photo: Shettima, Fashola On Buhari’s Entourage Before His Departure To Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Pataki: 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Dude . . . . No one is making it about you. I asked you those questions wondering why you were trying to draw some connection between those twisted claims made and this topic here.
You are spoiling for another series of cyber bashing, if my arguments cannot simply remain as arguments. You do not have any right whatsoever to refer to my claims as twisted, nor make the subject of discussion personal with those questions you asked of me. Except you are ignorant that, deportation does exist.

Kobojunkie:
We are not talking about a COUNTRY or COUNTRIES. This is about the relationship between STATES WITHIN THE SAME COUNTRY. Would ALABAMA deport you to DELAWARE for any reason? What Law allows that? Or reason supports that, giving that you have committed no crime? Or are you saying that ALABAMA can somehow DEPORT YOU BACK TO your NIGERIAN State of Origin when it deems you an INCONVENIENCE in some future, even though you have a RIGHT TO BE HERE as an AMERICAN?
Are you ignorant that deportation does exist? What kind of argument are tendering here? Wasting resources of a state on citizens who are not of that state? Why cannot a destitute from Ogun State go and claim any financial assist from the Niger Delta? Is there a law in Nigeria that states that Ogun State citizens should go Bayelsa to claim financial assistance for their impecunious affairs?
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2009
asha 80:

Welcome to the fundamental problems of nigeria i have always talked about.

I don’t know, this comes off as a bit too out there for me. What stops any state from putting up some law to DEPORT any UNEMPLOYED person not from the particular state? We are in a recession now, I can almost imagine that if we use the limited allocations excuse, we could come up with that. If you are not originally from that state and you lose your job, what stops them from coming for you next since you more than likely become an inconvenience to the state and its allocations?
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by tpia: 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2009
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by moneygurl: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Cool, so does the law also state that any person caught begging would be DEPORTED? If yes, do you mind showing us this exact law so we can all see how that is woven into it all?

I dont know if you can be deported or not. But the federal government allocates money to each state to take care of its citizens. The allocation is based on which state you registered for the census.

So I am guessing the Lagos State Government can use the argument that this people were counted in their state (oyo) as a result it is the Oyo state government job to provide for them in case they do not have jobs.
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by asha80(m): 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2009
Tpia are mexico and usa the same country
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by mustafar1: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2009
Kai. simple debate we cannot debate. simply explain your points guys and if you feel a point someone else made is flawed. make a counter point abi which oyinbo make i use sef. its good friday, some of us are at work. it would be nice to have a good debate to kill time abeg and not this personal back and forth based on past bruhaha.

hopefully i wont give up on NL today.
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by tpia: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2009
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2009
Pataki:

You are spoiling for another series of cyber bashing, if my arguments cannot simply remain as arguments.
Another series of Cyberbashing? How old are you?? Please IGNORE MY POSTS and let PEACE REIGN. IF you are unable to debate issues maturely, then please IGNORE ME COMPLETELY!!!  
Pataki:

You do not have any right whatsoever to refer to my claims as twisted, nor make the subject of discussion personal with those questions you asked of me. Except you are ignorant that, deportation does exist.
I have every right because that is the best word I have to describe what you wove back there.

Pataki:

Are you ignorant that deportation does exist?
Oh Now it is ignorance when requesting that you state why a state would DEPORT to another state?
Pataki:

What kind of argument are tendering here? Wasting resources of a state on citizens who are not of that state?
Destitutes are not citizens of a state even when they are citizens of the same country in which the state exists in?
Pataki:

Why cannot a destitute from Ogun State go and claim any financial assist from the Niger Delta? Is there a law in Nigeria that states that Ogun State citizens should go Bayelsa to claim financial assistance for their impecunious affairs?
Dude . . .  you can continue with this throwing of claims at me all you want but I wait for you to back all this up with actual factual details  of sort. DOES NIGERIA ALLOW FOR STATE TO STATE DEPORTATION AND ON WHAT GROUNDS? Simple!!
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Moves: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2009
This is Totally Wrong, It is an abuse of executive powers, Until we start showing respect for the rights of the less priviledge ones amongst us, then the change we require wont come, If fashola being a SAN can be party to such human right abuse, then all hope is lost, It is not a crime to be destitude, They are beggars in almost every major city of the western world, and they are not forcefully deporting their citizens, WTF they are nigerians?
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by tpia: 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2009
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2009
moneygurl:

I dont know if you can be deported or not. But the federal government allocates money to each state to take care of its citizens. The allocation is based on which state you registered for the census.
So, if a destitute registered in Lagos for the census, what then?
moneygurl:

So I am guessing the Lagos State Government can use the argument that this people were counted in their state (oyo) as a result it is the Oyo state government job to provide for them in case they do not have jobs.
Uummm. . . . I am not originally from Lagos myself but I have been counted in Lagos state most all censuses. So, what does that mean to what you are saying here?  I pay my taxes each year in Lagos too, so I am confused now by your last statement. And are you sure of the allocations?
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2009
must_a_far:

Kai. simple debate we cannot debate. simply explain your points guys and if you feel a point someone else made is flawed. make a counter point abi which oyinbo make i use sef. its good friday, some of us are at work. it would be nice to have a good debate to kill time abeg and not this personal back and forth based on past bruhaha.

Rotflmao! I'll be watching.
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2009
must_a_far:

Na so ?? Roflmao!!!
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by asha80(m): 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2009
read kobojunkie's posts and ask him the same question.

Tpia indegenes of oyo and lagos ARE FROM THE SAME COUNTRY.That article you brought up holds no water.
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Pataki: 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2009
@ Kobojunkie,
See, you are spoiling for this to get personal. What relevance does my age play with this discussion? Who started the personal confrontation?

I would ignore that you have issues and keep drumming back to you where your arguments are flawed. SHOW ME HOW THE ACTIONS OF LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT IS WRONG?

Kobojunkie:

Oh Now it is ignorance when requesting that you state why a state would DEPORT to another state? Destitutes are not citizens of a state even when they are citizens of the same country in which the state exists in?Dude . . .  you can continue with this throwing of claims at me all you want but I wait for you to back all this up with actual factual details  of sort. DOES NIGERIA ALLOW FOR STATE TO STATE DEPORTATION AND ON WHAT GROUNDS? Simple!!
You are simply jumping ahead of yourself. I have asked of you. . . . . . .
Pataki:

Why cannot a destitute from Ogun State go and claim any financial assist from the Niger Delta? Is there a law in Nigeria that states that Ogun State citizens should go Bayelsa to claim financial assistance for their impecunious affairs?

Answer my question or best still hide under your Roflmao!!!!!!
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2009
stillwater:

This one is tough. What's a better option for these destitutes?

They could be forced to pay taxes on the little they make. They could be forced to work for their keeps, there are so many other humane ways of treating these people, not DEPORTATION. Gosh!!

Imagine having to live in your own HOME Country, and having to fear DEPORTATION? Most of these people ran away from their home states because they had no life at all there. Does DEPORTING them back to those hell holes make their lives better? We already know and see how petrified Nigerians, outside of Nigeria, get when the question of DEPORTATION is raised, why bring that terror to those who live in Nigeria? Roflmao!!
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2009
@Pataki, please IGNORE ME. Have a wonderful life!!!
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by tpia: 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2009
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Moves: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2009
Pataki:

@ Kobojunkie,
See, you are spoiling for this to get personal. What relevance does my age play with this discussion? Who started the personal confrontation?

I would ignore that you have issues and keep drumming back to you where your arguments are flawed. SHOW ME HOW THE ACTIONS OF LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT IS WRONG?
You are simply jumping ahead of yourself. I have asked of you. . . . . . .
Answer my question or best still hide under your Roflmao!!!!!!

@ Pataki -- Are those con indigenes that commit crime in lagos deported as well to their respective states of origin to serve their sentences or after serving their sentences, Also all those agberos and areas boys have they been deported as well, this is just BRF starting illegality or the helpless and starting to question the intelligence as all his policy seems to have human costs -- And this is not always a problem but when in all cases it tends to affect the least and less priviledge amongst the society it becomes one, This is illegal
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Pataki: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

They could be forced to pay taxes on the little they make.
I cannot believe an educated being would make a statement such as this. Beggar forced to pay taxes Na wa o! So preposterous!
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by moneygurl: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

So, if a destitute registered in Lagos for the census, what then? Uummm. . . . I am not originally from Lagos myself but I have been counted in Lagos state most all censuses. So, what does that mean to what you are saying here?  I pay my taxes each year in Lagos too, so I am confused now by your last statement. And are you sure of the allocations?

The its the government's responsibility to help the person of he or she was registered in Lagos or if the person pays taxes.

Yes the allocation is true (oil producing states get more money). Why do you think Lagos is shouting for a new census? When the last census was done a lot of people were returning to their village to get counted and come back to Lagos. Not realizing that is was is been used by the Federal Government to grant allocation.

Most of this destitute are just lazy. I posted an article talking about how this people make up to N1000 a day. Some have home or hut in villages (in surrounding areas) but come to Lagos to beg. Some are also been abused by men or women who see begging as a business.
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by mustafar1: 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2009
stillwater:

Rotflmao! I'll be watching.
watching what?  grin if i'll give up on NL by the end of today? or watching the drama unfold with popcorn in hand, sitted on your confy sofa?

seriously though, these off the cuff personal back and forths kill threads and any good that could come out of it. na like say dem don cook am down dey wait to use once needed.
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Pataki: 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2009
Moves:

@ Pataki -- Are those con indigenes that commit crime in lagos deported as well to their respective states of origin to serve their sentences or after serving their sentences, Also all those agberos and areas boys have they been deported as well, this is just BRF starting illegality or the helpless and starting to question the intelligence as all his policy seems to have human costs -- And this is not always a problem but when in all cases it tends to affect the least and less priviledge amongst the society it becomes one, This is illegal
No it is not illegal. Committing a crime in Lagos, you have to pay for the crime you have committed in the state in which it was committed. Hoping to live on the benefits of a state which is not your state should not be allowed. Fashola has not rejected beggars from Lagos state, rather beggars from other states, should go back to their state and let their state handle its affairs. It is that simple.
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by moneygurl: 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

They could be forced to pay taxes on the little they make. They could be forced to work for their keeps, there are so many other humane ways of treating these people, not DEPORTATION. Gosh!!

Imagine having to live in your own HOME Country, and having to fear DEPORTATION? [b]Most of these people ran away from their home states because they had no life at all there. [/b]Does DEPORTING them back to those hell holes make their lives better? We already know and see how petrified Nigerians, outside of Nigeria, get when the question of DEPORTATION is raised, why bring that terror to those who live in Nigeria? Roflmao!!

But does that mean they should come to another state and break the law or become a financial burden to another state?
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by asha80(m): 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2009
When a country refuses to solve its fundamental issues i wonder how it hopes to move forward.
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2009
moneygurl:

The its the government's responsibility to help the person of he or she was registered in Lagos or if the person pays taxes.
Ok. But there is no statement made on where these destitute where registered though. Why did you see fit to bring that up in the first place?

moneygurl:

Yes the allocation is true (oil producing states get more money). Why do you think Lagos is shouting for a new census? When the last census was done a lot of people were returning to their village to get counted and come back to Lagos. Not realizing that is was is been used by the Federal Government to grant allocation.
Well, on the above, there are right from that so many ways the state can actually move to rectify the problem, don’t you think? I mean Lagos actually earns a lot more from taxes paid by residents, and investors than it does from allocations. So forgive me is I am not jumping to swallow these excuses you have come up with so far. By the way, many of those who pay most of the taxes are mostly foreign and residents who are not originally from the state

moneygurl:

Most of this destitute are just lazy.
Isn’t that like concluding that all those who are poor in Nigeria are lazy people mostly? Come on!!
moneygurl:

I posted an article talking about how this people make up to N1000 a day. Some have home or hut in villages (in surrounding areas) but come to Lagos to beg. Some are also been abused by men or women who see begging as a business.
So because a few of them that you have heard of make that much a day, you want to crucify them all by that? Come on!!
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by tpia: 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2009
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Pataki: 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2009
asha 80:

Tpia indegenes of oyo and lagos ARE FROM THE SAME COUNTRY.That article you brought up holds no water.
This is serious.

Yes it is the same country, but every state have their allocation. If one state decides to take care of its destitutes, does that imply destitutes from other states should migrate there right from the same country under the same resource allocation to each state?
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2009
moneygurl:

But does that mean they should come to another state and break the law or become a financial burden to another state?
Majority of those beggars have lived in Lagos longer than even you and I can boast of. They did not come in two or so weeks ago when begging became a crime, so for you to suddenly label them all criminals is a shame. Many of those beggars were once respectable and tax-paying members of Lagos society. To now suddenly put your nose up in the air and pretend that they were all burdens and so criminals is a tad despicable, if you ask me. They are human beings and need help just like you and I do.
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by tpia: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2009
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by Moves: 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2009
Pataki:

No it is not illegal. Committing a crime in Lagos, you have to pay for the crime you have committed in the state in which it was committed. Hoping to live on the benefits of a state which is not your state should not be allowed. Fashola has not rejected beggars from Lagos state, rather beggars from other states, should go back to their state and let their state handle its affairs. It is that simple.
If the ruling Elite have not siphoned the colmmonwealth of this destitudes, they wont be destitude if the first place, Fashola has no right to forcefully relocate anybody from lagos state, as theyare Nigerians, You dont treat illegality with Illegality fashola being as SAN should know that? Whatever Benefit they are  allocated in Lagos state they get it as nigerians, Well he might as well go the whole hog by deporting all the hausa beggars back to the north as see what we follow, I have an inkling that its Tinubu calling such shots to embarrass the PDP govt in Oyo, It is Unfair to use the less priviledge as pawns
Re: Akala, Fashola On War Path Over Dumping Of Destitutes by tpia: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party / Boko Haram Bombings: Igbos Flee Kano Print / Buhari Losing His Popularity By The Second

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.