Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (59788 Views)

Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / Kenyan Man Congratulates His Virgin Daughter On Facebook (Photo) / Photo Of Mother Kissing Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day That Got People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Fundango: 11:27am On Sep 19, 2015
pretydiva:
This is superb. God bless all d mothers out there. I love both d kitchen n bedroom food part smiley
yes those are the part women can use to win men's heart. grin

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Boland(m): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2015
octopusfreaky:
how dare you make such allegations and conclusions... mtschewwe
You should have ignored him. He has a huge problem..
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Orikinla(m): 11:31am On Sep 19, 2015
Amustical:
HEAR WHAT A MOTHER TOLD HER DAUGHTER ON
HER WEDDING DAY
My daughter,you are now a wife and soon you'll
be become a mother too. God bear me witness
that I taught you how to cook and do other house
chores. I taught you to respect men and to
explain your anger when necessary but if you do
otherwise,i know you,not as a daughter but as my
fellow woman.
My daughter,you see this your husband? He is a
gentleman but don't take advantage of that. Don't
bring out the beast in him. My daughter,you see
this mark on my forehead?
Your father gave it to me.He tolerated me
everytime but on that day,He came unexpectedly.
It wasn't his intention but i dared him and he hit
me just once
My daughter,Men hate it when you use the word
"YOU CAN'T DO IT".He sure can do more than but
he's just protecting you from harm.
My daughter, whenever there is an arguement or
misunderstanding, try drinking water.You can't
talk when you have water in your mouth.
Now,you have two families.You are very
lucky.Tolerate and appreciate them just as you
did here.
Learn to welcome other people's kids and soon,
children will sorround your table with love.
You see that my big pot? I bought it when i still
had no child but i always cooked with it to feed
those children who had nothing to eat.
Learn to show hospitality. Welcome a visitor and
at least,offer a glass of water.Don't discriminate.
Don't shatter your husband's family. instead,
bring them together.
Learn to appreciate little efforts and soon,they'll
learn to do more.
Today,you are wearing a wedding gown and you
look so beautiful in it but there is still another
gown you need to wear.That is the MATERNITY
gown. I wore it and you shall wear your's too.
When you have a misundertanding, don't come
back here.Sort things out and build a happy
home.I built mine and your father enjoyed me.
Men like food.They like both the kITCHEN food
and the BEDROOM food.Don't deny him any of
the food all because you had an arguement.
If the ones i taught you are not enough, learn
more!

She must be a Yoruba mother.
Omo Oluwa Bi.

[size=18pt]Many Igbo mothers teach their daughters how to divide the monthly allowances for provisions into two unequal parts and save the larger sum for herself and her mother and deprive her husband of some provisions.Very greedy women. They don't mind to cheat their husbands to buy expensive clothes and jewelries for August Meeting and other wasteful events.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 11:32am On Sep 19, 2015
DeRay98:

From your profile you look like a senior teenager and your comment typifies that assertion. Teenagers or teenagers at heart always assume that they know all. The moment they start to hear about an idea or issue or topic they assume it's new and they are well informed on it.
Your insufficient comprehension of the advice is evidenced when you overlook the fact that the mother said she dared her husband and that brought out the monster in him and it happened just once. Who knows how your mum treated your father regularly? You can come here to say she did heavy and earth for him but you won't say the things she did wrongly.
You had better learn the right lessons now otherwise, when your heart starts to pant after a guy you think is prince-sharming(whatever your criteria) you might end up with the wrong guy and your parents history repeats itself.
Be forget your teenage mentality and learn those who have experience to share.

I am not a teenager, dared him how?... pls! So a woman deserved physical abuse because she did something wrong?
I shudder when I see women and children being abused!
Dared him so much that she got a head injury?? When you spend nights in the hospital because of physical abuse, come and tell me what stupid dare it is.

6 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 11:33am On Sep 19, 2015
Orikinla:

She must be a Yoruba mother.
Omo Oluwa Bi.

[size=18pt]Many Igbo mothers teach their daughters how to divide the monthly allowances for provisions into two unequal parts and save the larger sum for herself and her mother and deprive her husband of some provisions.[/size]

Not a bad advice, if she is a stay at home mom!

3 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Egwuda33: 11:35am On Sep 19, 2015
raayah:

Very Very bad Advice!

Look, my own mother suffered abuse in the hands of her husband after doing heaven and earth for him. You know what my mother told me one day? She sat me down and said, "Raayah. My husband does not love me, If he did, he will not abuse me like this for no reason".

Weeks after that, She moved out and hasn't looked back. She is planning to return the dowry to his people very soon. Life is so much better for her. No more spending nights at the hospital,(Yes, that's how serious the physical and mental abuse was), no more tears.. Life is good!

If you choose to stay with an abusive man because of the "children" or because you cannot "live independently", then say so. Don't tell women to stay with men with abusive men..
Same advice for men, don't stay with abusive women. They can kill
did you take time to comprehend what you quoted before commenting? it's pretty Obvious you didn't.

5 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by geeben112: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2015
hmmm!
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by lovaleenny(f): 11:45am On Sep 19, 2015
DeRay98:

From your profile you look like a senior teenager and your comment typifies that assertion. Teenagers or teenagers at heart always assume that they know all. The moment they start to hear about an idea or issue or topic they assume it's new and they are well informed on it.
Your insufficient comprehension of the advice is evidenced when you overlook the fact that the mother said she dared her husband and that brought out the monster in him and it happened just once. Who knows how your mum treated your father regularly? You can come here to say she did heavy and earth for him but you won't say the things she did wrongly.
You had better learn the right lessons now otherwise, when your heart starts to pant after a guy you think is prince-sharming(whatever your criteria) you might end up with the wrong guy and your parents history repeats itself.

What does being a teenager have to do with the fact dt staying in an abusive marriage is bad. You're talking like you know what went on in the marriage. So it's only women dt provoke abi? Men don't provoke ko? The woman provokes the man and she gets beaten to a pulp,den it's justified? What will make you a man doesn't come from using your fist! Same goes for women too who go around hitting peeps. If you don't how it feels to live in an abusive home please feel free to stuff it!!and stop judging others who have experienced it!

6 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by cr7lomo: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2015
raayah:

I am not a teenager, dared him how?... pls! So a woman deserved physical abuse because she did something wrong?
I shudder when I see women and children being abused!
Dared him so much that she got a head injury?? When you spend nights in the hospital because of physical abuse, come and tell me what stupid dare it is.

Shut ur dirty mouth and learn ... Women like u destroy their homes because they think they know it all.

8 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by geeben112: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2015
raayah:

Very Very bad Advice!

Look, my own mother suffered abuse in the hands of her husband after doing heaven and earth for him. You know what my mother told me one day? She sat me down and said, "Raayah. My husband does not love me, If he did, he will not abuse me like this for no reason".

Weeks after that, She moved out and hasn't looked back. She is planning to return the dowry to his people very soon. Life is so much better for her. No more spending nights at the hospital,(Yes, that's how serious the physical and mental abuse was), no more tears.. Life is good!

If you choose to stay with an abusive man because of the "children" or because you cannot "live independently", then say so. Don't tell women to stay with men with abusive men..
am quite sure u already built bad orientiation @ ur tender age.

4 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by xtervaganza(m): 11:46am On Sep 19, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
The girl must be a Yoruba girl.
They're good at nothing.
They're dirt, don't know how to cook, have sex outside their matrimonial home and to crown it all, their pusssy stinks.
I ONCE HEARD A BEAUTIFUL STORY ABOUT A Igbo GIRL, HER FATHER WAS KILLED IN THE CIVIL WAR, HER BROTHERS WERE BEHEADED AND THEIR HEADS HUNG ON A STAKE, HER MOTHER WAS R@PED TO DEATH WHILE SHE SCREAMS OJUKWU OOOOO WHY YOU RUN AWAY LEAVE US EH......E NO GO BETTER FOR YOU AND EVERYBODY WEY DE SUPPORT YOU.

THE LADY WAS PASSED AROUND AND R@PED FOR 2 DAYS BY THE GALLANT NIGERIAN SOLDIERS.........WHEN THEY WERE THROUGH WITH HER CURSED POOCEE THEY SHOT HER IN THE HEAD

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BIAFRA STORY smiley smiley smiley wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by hYpErbOi: 11:46am On Sep 19, 2015
Missmossy:
Makes sense until the violence aspect. God help us.

It wasn't right tho* but she was strong enough to admit the violence part was her fault n not trying to blame someone else for her hard kick..even yet still love her man. That is what should be called wife like a mother.

3 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 11:49am On Sep 19, 2015
geeben112:
am quite sure u already built bad orientiation @ ur tender age.

What's my age?
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by cr7lomo: 11:50am On Sep 19, 2015
lovaleenny:

What does being a teenager have to do with the fact dt staying in an abusive marriage is bad. You're talking like you know what went on in the marriage. So it's only women dt provoke abi? Men don't provoke ko? The woman provokes the man and she gets beaten to a pulp,den it's justified? What will make you a man doesn't come from using your fist! Same goes for women too who go around hitting peeps. If you don't how it feels to live in an abusive home please feel free to stuff it!!and stop judging others who have experienced it!

Stop twisting it all, there is a difference between marrying an abusive man and provoking a man that is not abusive to the extent that he hits u. Y should u provoke him to hit u if u truly love him. Only a wicked woman like u will do that sort of thing . U can't control ur mouth but u expect him to control his hands because he has no emotions or what

5 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by realtheo: 11:51am On Sep 19, 2015
Very wonderful advice
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by sauceEEP(m): 11:52am On Sep 19, 2015
raayah:

Very Very bad Advice!

You lack comprehension skills.

3 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by cr7lomo: 11:53am On Sep 19, 2015
xtervaganza:
I ONCE HEARD A BEAUTIFUL STORY ABOUT A Igbo GIRL, HER FATHER WAS KILLED IN THE CIVIL WAR, HER BROTHERS WERE BEHEADED AND THEIR HEADS HUNG ON A STAKE, HER MOTHER WAS R@PED TO DEATH WHILE SHE SCREAMS OJUKWU OOOOO WHY YOU RUN AWAY LEAVE US EH......E NO GO BETTER FOR YOU AND EVERYBODY WEY DE SUPPORT YOU.

THE LADY WAS PASSED AROUND AND R@PED FOR 2 DAYS BY THE GALLANT NIGERIAN SOLDIERS.........WHEN THEY WERE THROUGH WITH HER CURSED POOCEE THEY SHOT HER IN THE HEAD

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BIAFRA STORY smiley smiley smiley wink cheesy

Yeah, it only happened in your dreams
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by nortcentrallord(m): 11:54am On Sep 19, 2015
A true African mum with family values.
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by wiznuel(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2015
Hope the mother taught her how to prepare and dish out bedroom food
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2015
sauceEEP:

You lack comprehension skills.

Yes, a head injury which can cause brain aneurysm and death makes me crazy!
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by OzMingle(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
They're good at nothing.
They're dirt, don't know how to cook, have sex outside their matrimonial home and to crown it all, their pusssy stinks.
Even though am not Yoruba, I am pretty sure your head is not okay describing your own lineage with these words of yours!
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by meshack15: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2015
To add to those stuff,they are also very proud and disrespectful,what they are proud off i don't know
BabyDaddy20:
They're good at nothing.
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
cr7lomo:

Shut ur dirty mouth and learn ... Women like u destroy their homes because they think they know it all.

Going straight to personal insult because you cannot counter my argument...Classic!! I win!

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
DeRay98:

When a bus touts/agbero dares you , you men will cower and hide but when a woman talks backs , you strike because you know you can win!

Abusive men are cowards!

3 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by IceDude(m): 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
The part i love most is that Kitchen/Bedroom food grin grin grin
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by ayoola648(m): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2015
raayah:

Very Very bad Advice!

She dared him by doing what? How many of you will fight an agbero who dares you, or a man who disrespects you, Not a lot!
But when it comes to your wife, she does something wrong, you decide to give her head injury!
All of you justifying this abuse are cowards, yes I said it!

I dont blame you.. your mother can't advice you well doesn't mean other mothers can't .. dont forget the marriage vows made during marriage..

sha u ugly ..
see mouth like Mouth Action machine ..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
ayoola648:

I dont blame you.. your mother can't advice you well doesn't mean other mothers can't .. dont forget the marriage vows made during marriage..

sha u ugly ..
see mouth like Mouth Action machine ..

personal insults!
So you cannot come up with a comprehensive and thought out response??

I weep for you!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
They're good at nothing.
even if the devil is after u. . Must you give him more space

Is the thread relating to any tribe in particular

No offense but u are really stvpid..

And senseless too angry

4 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Kunlexic(m): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
How I wish my future wife is reading this
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by freecocoa(f): 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2015
She gave some very good advice except the one about bringing out a beast in him, duh! He decided to be a beast because he is either crazy or just plain wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Africanpride: 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2015
This is The kind of advise that make so many africa women put up with a cheating husband, or domestic violence. Imagine telling her if she have problems not to come home but sort it out.

So if the man is abusive she should put up with that as well, if the husband sleep with anything that have a hole in between legs she should put up with that too.

Nothing wrong in adding to the advice, for her not too put up with any BS.

Anyhow sha everyone to there cup of tea

Conji na bastard

4 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by lindy23(f): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2015
Good mum indeed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! / 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.