Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets (34562 Views)

The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by nijanigga: 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
religion in Nigeria is a big business and hot button, see how everybody turned to defenders.
It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
Silver and gold we have none, but in the name of Jesus rise up and walk.I think this settle the brouhaha. Is a jet owner anywhere in the world rich? talk less in Nigeria, you be the judge.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
sonofananimal:
since Jesus ride donkey, why you no ride donkey dey go were you won go undecided

My people perish because of lack of knowledge.

You rely lack knowledge boy!!

Sonofanimal?

I cant argue with such a responsible name grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ndcide(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
I hate reading these kinds of bullsshit.

You can remove private jet and replace it with private car and see how stupid it is.

People had this same opinion when my old uncle bought a Peugeot 404 salon car in the early 1980s. What people use as luxury then was a stainless steel bicycle with lamp on it. The ones who dared to buy Suzuki or Honda (road master) motorcycle where daily being called thieves by those who hate them. Today the story is different. I know I will have my own private jet.

I'm love greatness and I'll be great I am a trail blazer.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Sonofanimal?

a man who judge by what he sees.

Now I am beginning to know what kind of a person you are.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by joseph1832(m): 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Sonofanimal?

There's nothing irresponsible about the name, the moniker is only saying his or her parents are animals, nothing more, nothing less. LOL.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by hisgrace090: 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
Though they were never jets during the time of jesus, but there were ships or boath, which He really makes use of during His time on earth. Most of His preaching were done beside the sea side. which have been taken over by airports. He either hire or borrow one as at then for preaching purposes. Boath then is the most expensive means of transport were as today it is jets, so I see no difference.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AdeniyiA(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
A Yoruba proverb says nobody knows when the yam is being cooked but attracts plenty attention when being pounded ...

If many of you here knew what these people have passed through in life, you'll appreciate God's works. God's children are supposed to enjoy the earth's fullness
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by iceberryose(m): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
.Being a MAN OF GOD has now turned into a very lucrative business.. These men of God that were supposed to be christ-like are not even following christ ways.. We can see from the Bible that Christ lead a humble lifestyle he was always catering for his people first.. But these so called Men of God are busy buying private jets while most of the congregation are in adject poverty... GOD HELP US!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
ndcide:
I hate reading these kinds of bullsshit.
you just have to read it to know the type of shitt he is eating.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
joseph1832:
There's nothing irresponsible about the name, the moniker is only saying his or her parents are animals, nothing more, nothing less. LOL.
and so there comforters have arrived
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ttmacoy: 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
The typical mind-set of going to church with the expectations of financial miracles see nothing wrong with pastors owning multiple private jets while members are suffering.

We have misplaced priorities as a nation and we need to have clear separation between the church/mosque/religion and governance or it I will continue to be the same old story.

AllNaijaBlogger:
With owning private jets being the new trend for Nigerian pastors at the moment, I keep wondering whether Jesus would agree to have one if He were in the shoes of these same pastors today. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye and Pastor T.B. Joshua are Nigerian pastors reported to have private jets.

As a christian who believes a lot in humility, I disagree with the ownership of such luxurious vessels in the name of evangelism. Here are the reasons why I feel that private jets are not necessary for christian leaders;

1) Diplomats and International business executives manage travelling a lot without it; there are many jobs that require a lot of travel such as being a diplomat or an international aid worker or a top level executive of an international firm. A lot of people travel frequently and globally as part of their job without the aid of a private jet and so, why can’t pastors do the same? Some of the rich business executives probably travel more than these pastors. Even the pope doesn’t own a private jet, and he is responsible for all catholic churches across the world! Honestly, it is hard to muster up an excuse for a pastor’s private jet when even the pope doesn’t own one.

2) Private jets actually hamper evangelism by consuming more time, effort and money than a commercial flight; The time and effort needed to maintain a private jet and keep it running is ridiculous when one considers the fact that a commercial flight is a far cheaper and less tedious service to use for global evangelism. As a private jet owner, you will have to think about numerous issues such as the pilot’s fees and demands, the scheduling of the maintenance or repairs of the plane, and also the international restrictions/laws regarding the flight of the private jet. This means that a private jet owner will have less time to think about preaching the word of God because of all the time and effort spent on the private jet’s issues. A first class commercial flight will only involve buying your ticket online, checking in and then going early for your flight- isn’t that just easier?

3) Jesus rode on donkeys and not on chariots; horses and chariots were the highest level of transport in biblical times but Jesus chose to humbly enter the city of Jerusalem with a donkey in what we know as the triumphal entry in the New Testament. Conversely, we have pastors riding on the highest levels of transports in the form of private jets that reeks of the very materialism that Jesus speaks against in Matthew 6;24.

4) Private jets are bad for the Nigerian economy; private jets and planes in general are not manufactured in Nigeria and so, a lot of the repairs and maintenance will require importation of labour and spare parts from countries like the USA or Canada. This also means that lot of transactions will be done in thousands of Dollars, rather than our local Naira. One can imagine the exorbitant cost to the Nigerian private jet owner if he or she has to pay the pilots, technicians and mechanics in Dollars given that the exchange rate doesn’t favour the Naira. Should a church really contribute to this leakage to our economy?

5) Private jets do not help the image of Nigerian leaders; one has to consider the bad image our Nigerian leaders have in the eyes of the foreign press- flamboyant and corrupt people who care little for the suffering of their impoverished masses. A pastor owning a private jet worth millions of dollars while many of his church members struggle to survive everyday is not going to help such an image. Whatever happened to the John the Baptist type of preachers who lived a chaste life not corrupted by the illusions of vanity? I think some of our religious leaders should learn from Jose Mujica, a man who chose a simple life despite wielding so much power and influence as the president of Uruguay.

http://allnaijablog.com/5-reasons-why-pastors-do-not-need-private-jets

cc lalasticlala, guk, manny4life, reptyle

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by teemy(m): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Paul was not talking about money there... Paul was talking about spiritual things and not physical money...
jesus was not poor in spirit that we might be rich in spirit. money was meant here.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ndcide(m): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
sonofananimal:
you just have to read it to know the type of shitt he is eating.

Did you get my point?. Look at it again
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ttmacoy: 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
The foreigners didn't bring a disease because even the British who brought religion to Nigeria do not practice it the way we do.

As with everything we over do it for our selfish gains.

joseph1832:
Unfortunately many of these christians will not see and consider this, many of them will still cheer and applaud their pastors.

Many of the members of this churches were their pastors own private jets are poor and unemployed, one might ask what these churches are doing to help ameliorate the suffering of their members.

I find it hard to believe that many are still blinded by this sham of a thing called religion, the sooner we get rid of this foreign disease we call religion, the better it is for us all.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by mutvy: 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
Compelling reasons.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ProdigyLoco(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
anoda dumb list, waz here to read comments
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
ndcide:

Did you get my point?. Look at it again
I think you didn't get my point!
Observe it again
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by mywells: 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
WF KUMUYI travels and hold crusade around the world like other men of God but never had a private aircraft. Jehovah witness are all over the world but none of their leader purchase such expensive aircraft. The pope himself boards first class flight to anywhere in the world.The owner of Virgin Atlantic never had one.these men of gods who purchase private worship these filty lucre..

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by charlesucheh(m): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
Look @ Tiwa's black Nyash!!! Choi!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Adaeze003(f): 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
johnydon22:

If the man of God is richer than the people he allegedly is serving, people should ask themselves.

"Is he here to help us or are the one here to help him"

I have always noticed that pastors are constantly preaching to their followers about neglecting the wealth of this world and stacking up their riches in heaven.

But these pastors always has tons of money here on earth, isn't this enough to make someone wonder

"Does he really believe what he preach?"

My brother!!! They will shout vanity up down and center and still immerse themselves in the same vanity and dare I say enjoy it!

That's how one guy was telling me it'll save cost. grin the pastor is always right.

Anyhoo, my money ain't there and the givers aint complaining so... lipsrsealed

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by charlesucheh(m): 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
With owning private jets being the new trend for Nigerian pastors at the moment, I keep wondering whether Jesus would agree to have one if He were in the shoes of these same pastors today. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye and Pastor T.B. Joshua are Nigerian pastors reported to have private jets.

As a christian who believes a lot in humility, I disagree with the ownership of such luxurious vessels in the name of evangelism. Here are the reasons why I feel that private jets are not necessary for christian leaders;

1) Diplomats and International business executives manage travelling a lot without it; there are many jobs that require a lot of travel such as being a diplomat or an international aid worker or a top level executive of an international firm. A lot of people travel frequently and globally as part of their job without the aid of a private jet and so, why can’t pastors do the same? Some of the rich business executives probably travel more than these pastors. Even the pope doesn’t own a private jet, and he is responsible for all catholic churches across the world! Honestly, it is hard to muster up an excuse for a pastor’s private jet when even the pope doesn’t own one.

2) Private jets actually hamper evangelism by consuming more time, effort and money than a commercial flight; The time and effort needed to maintain a private jet and keep it running is ridiculous when one considers the fact that a commercial flight is a far cheaper and less tedious service to use for global evangelism. As a private jet owner, you will have to think about numerous issues such as the pilot’s fees and demands, the scheduling of the maintenance or repairs of the plane, and also the international restrictions/laws regarding the flight of the private jet. This means that a private jet owner will have less time to think about preaching the word of God because of all the time and effort spent on the private jet’s issues. A first class commercial flight will only involve buying your ticket online, checking in and then going early for your flight- isn’t that just easier?

3) Jesus rode on donkeys and not on chariots; horses and chariots were the highest level of transport in biblical times but Jesus chose to humbly enter the city of Jerusalem with a donkey in what we know as the triumphal entry in the New Testament. Conversely, we have pastors riding on the highest levels of transports in the form of private jets that reeks of the very materialism that Jesus speaks against in Matthew 6;24.

4) Private jets are bad for the Nigerian economy; private jets and planes in general are not manufactured in Nigeria and so, a lot of the repairs and maintenance will require importation of labour and spare parts from countries like the USA or Canada. This also means that lot of transactions will be done in thousands of Dollars, rather than our local Naira. One can imagine the exorbitant cost to the Nigerian private jet owner if he or she has to pay the pilots, technicians and mechanics in Dollars given that the exchange rate doesn’t favour the Naira. Should a church really contribute to this leakage to our economy?

5) Private jets do not help the image of Nigerian leaders; one has to consider the bad image our Nigerian leaders have in the eyes of the foreign press- flamboyant and corrupt people who care little for the suffering of their impoverished masses. A pastor owning a private jet worth millions of dollars while many of his church members struggle to survive everyday is not going to help such an image. Whatever happened to the John the Baptist type of preachers who lived a chaste life not corrupted by the illusions of vanity? I think some of our religious leaders should learn from Jose Mujica, a man who chose a simple life despite wielding so much power and influence as the president of Uruguay.

http://allnaijablog.com/5-reasons-why-pastors-do-not-need-private-jets

cc lalasticlala, guk, manny4life, reptyle
I concurr with all my heart!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
hisgrace090:
Though they were never jets during the time of jesus, but there were ships or boath, which He really makes use of during His time on earth. Most of His preaching were done beside the sea side. which have been taken over by airports. He either hire or borrow one as at then for preaching purposes. Boath then is the most expensive means of transport were as today it is jets, so I see no difference.

Guy, we do not know what kind or boat or ship Jesus used. Dont lie on Jesus's head

Why not talk about the one we know He used? Donkey or Chariot? Jesus used the humbler means of transportation.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by free2ryhme: 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
My question remains

What Will Jesus Do
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
ProdigyLoco:
anoda dumb list,
waz here to read comments

We all can see how much you contribute to nairaland. undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by gidjah(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
It is your imam and politicians over there that r corrupt and not our GOD ORDAINED PASTORS WE HAVE OVER HERE, THEY are doing good as far as i am concern.
Imortal001:
Yes O, the greatest question is, where they getting all this money to buy private jet? because i know the salary plus anything cannot afford them private jet..
Our pastor's and politicians this days, are the most corrupt people in our society.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by charlesucheh(m): 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
Karlovich:
Their followers are not complaining, they enjoy every dose of religious opium they take.
It's the overdose that will kill them!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 20, 2015
jaymejate:
Guy continue to be giving reason... Na you people go first talk if pastor de wear 1 shirt and treking.
When these pastors de hustle for life, where you de?

And mind you, Jesus became poor so we can be rich.
I just pity you, your father God for heaven no poor, he is glorious so you his son should be poor on earth abi, then what will you be preaching, who will listen to you?

#God remember me o.
if ur father own 5 cars n yet, u n ur siblings struggle to eat everyday is he a good father?....why buy 3 or 4 jets when 99percent of d people who attain ur church and give d little money they have as offering are poor n hungry? Evangelism is not about shouting 'Jesus' and speaking in tongues. It is about making people's lives better by sharing the little you have. You claim to be a man of God n u establish a school that 99percent of ur members cannot afford....nawa o

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by mywells: 8:20pm On Sep 20, 2015
AdeniyiA:
A Yoruba proverb says nobody knows when the yam is being cooked by attract plenty attention when being pounded ...

If many of you here knew what these people have passed through in life, you'll appreciate God's works. children are supposed to enjoy the earth's fullness
can you imagine talk what have they pass through.which of them have face the cross of calvary or die and ressurect.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by gidjah(m): 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Did God put you on Earth for Poverty?see dumb question o!,ARE U SURE U R A CHRISTIAN AT ALL or just one of dem ......religious ..
AllNaijaBlogger:

Did God put you on earth for riches? undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by charlesucheh(m): 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
jaymejate:
Guy continue to be giving reason... Na you people go first talk if pastor de wear 1 shirt and treking.
When these pastors de hustle for life, where you de?

And mind you, Jesus became poor so we can be rich.
I just pity you, your father God for heaven no poor, he is glorious so you his son should be poor on earth abi, then what will you be preaching, who will listen to you?

#God remember me o.
I've been looking for you since!! Just knew i would find one over docciled church member that will be on the defence!!! Too sad your pastor has a private jet and that the OP jst broke your heart!!! The unintended effect of this on you is that he (OP) is trying to set you free from a bondage you yourself dnt even want to come out from!!! A STICH IN TIME SAVES NINE BRUV!!! Receive sense in JESUS NAME!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
gidjah:
Did God put you on Earth for Poverty?see dumb question o!,ARE U SURE U R A CHRISTIAN AT ALL or just one of dem ......religious ..

Answering question with question- the hallmark of a dubious person.

Guy, you can not serve God and money at the same time.....Jesus said that.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by hisgrace090: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Guy, we do not know what kind or boat or ship Jesus used. Dont lie on Jesus's head

Why not talk about the one we know He used? Donkey or Chariot? Jesus used the humbler means of transportation.
pls I am not lying, remember when He used that that of Peter before ordering him to cast his nets for a catch. and do not forget to go through the bible and see other places where Jesus used Boath or ship to preach the gospel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

George Weah Set For Thanksgiving At Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Sincere Questions To Frosbel / Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.