Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets (34559 Views)

The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by simongonner: 5:16am On Sep 21, 2015
op you are on point.....nice one...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by omakay(m): 5:50am On Sep 21, 2015
tee4naija:
The truth is that Nigerians look the other way when it involves their pastors. I have a friend who will travel from agege to otta the headquarters of winners chaple every sunday with his family even though he never owned a car. Even as a corps member back then, he would pay his tithe from his monthly allowee. this guy has been out of job for months now and no church member has paid him a Visit not to talk of assisting him. He literally begs to survive now. That I think is what today's christianity is all about.
Nb:expecting verbal attacks and vituperations as usual.

Thank You so much for your example. We have billions of Nigerians that think like that friend of yours. That is why these private jets will even continue to exist in the first place.
I do not want to begin to count how many pentecoastal ministries he would pass on his way to canaanland every sunday. The gospel is now selective.
Nigerians are very emotional when it comes to the issue of religion and we tend to throwaway basic logical reasoning at that instant.
I still stand by what i have said before. As far as any man of God can prove to me that he is acquiring assets out of his PERSONAL pocket then he is good to go.

If Not.......
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by omakay(m): 6:07am On Sep 21, 2015
I have and will never be against Pastors and Men of God acquiring and enjoying the positive pleasures that this life has to offer. God knows that they are human beings too.
But it becomes a source of concern when they do so at the heavy expense of others.
The gospel is not and will never be a commercial product that is exchanged for a price (directly or indirectly).
Please, can someone amongst us please try and dig out the financial costs of this topic. The cost of these jets, licence costs, operational and maintainance costs.
Lets us even know the financial implications of these assets sef.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Adebayooooooo: 6:23am On Sep 21, 2015
sonofananimal:
since Jesus ride donkey, why you no ride donkey dey go were you won go undecided

My people perish because of lack of knowledge.

You rely lack knowledge boy!!
From your spelling, I rely can see that you rely have knowledge. grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ceecee0703(m): 6:35am On Sep 21, 2015
predatorX:

people who's IQ and level of understanding as shallow as yours are what makes the NORTH KOREANs more advanced than AFRICA.

Baboonic reasoning

You knw when u give a grown man some reasons to think and he finds out he has no point he results to insults .. .no wahala continue the insults cos u are out of points
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by felixdanielthed(m): 6:39am On Sep 21, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP, if you like list 100 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets all I have to tell you is that " GO AND MAKE YOUR MONEY " and leave this men alone. If I have the money I will buy one for my Chief Imam too. We all need comfort. Both Prophet Isa/Jesus Christ ( PBUH ) and Prophet Mohammad ( PBUH ) laboured for us to enjoy. Jumat Mubaraq.

idiot! to enjoy woh, which of d earlier prophets, who found dis religion had smooth, u materialistic fool,i just sorry 4 ur congregation 4 ur misleading,
no more God's kongdom
but materialistic world race
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ceecee0703(m): 6:42am On Sep 21, 2015
predatorX:

Please mention one assistance that the CHURCH has contributed to the efforts of government on the same far-reaching scale as they do when they want to market their healing services. What they do is one small scholarship scheme or the other, one borehole, one transformer etc. all not even up to 1million naira. But $65million jet haba.

Bro think deeper like a deeperlifer grin grin grin grin grin grin

Brother i think you should make ur researches well... go to the north most of the food and relief materials are from churches.....when the flood ravished the south n east in 2012 the churches were there,when haiti had challenges the churches were there, during jos palava the churches were there. go to covenant University,redeemers university, Oral roberts university employments they gave bailed the government out of the joblessless ravaging the country and they pay more than the state. Every year LFC give bursary to students for the year.....scholarships are presently going on for entrance into one of the faculties in Landmark University Abuja. etc to mention but a few. They cant show it on national TV cos it is a good done unto fellow man and your right hand is not suppose to knw what the left hand has done so dat d glory will be to d glory of God.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by felixdanielthed(m): 6:54am On Sep 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You said Jesus lived a humble life, true!.

But you do agree he came to be our substitute in all things so He could take our curse and give us His blessings. So consider this scripture.

"2 Cor 8:9For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich."

Paul was talking of money there in that context.

So you guys should stop saying because Jesus was poor that means we should not be wealthy or pastors cannot live im wealth. Because that is against His plans. Just the same way He took our sins and gave us His righteousness.

poor intellectual fool, did u ever do textual critism or form criticism or history, i believe u shud go to a greek school for proper enlightenment of the new testament text
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:58am On Sep 21, 2015
ceecee0703:

Brother i think you should make ur researches well... go to the north most of the food and relief materials are from churches.....when the flood ravished the south n east in 2012 the churches were there,when haiti had challenges the churches were there, during jos palava the churches were there. go to covenant University,redeemers university, Oral roberts university employments they gave bailed the government out of the joblessless ravaging the country and they pay more than the state. Every year LFC give bursary to students for the year.....scholarships are presently going on for entrance into one of the faculties in Landmark University Abuja. etc to mention but a few. They cant show it on national TV cos it is a good done unto fellow man and your right hand is not suppose to knw what the left hand has done so dat d glory will be to d glory of God.

So if a corrupt politician steals 50 billion naira and gives 1 billion to the poor around Nigeria in terms of some scholarships, bags of rice and foodstuffs, the politician is a good person?

Where did these pastors get $65 million from to buy private jets? There are only two types of people that can afford private jets
-govt officials misusing public funds to buy/fly private jets
-billionaires who have grown their business over the years or their children who inherited such wealth

Your pastor could only afford jets off tithe money and church profits. What other business is your pastor into? What product or service is he selling to make such money?

Jesus was humble. Remember that.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by fetrillion(m): 7:13am On Sep 21, 2015
poverty mentality @ op
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ceecee0703(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

So if a corrupt politician steals 50 billion naira and gives 1 billion to the poor around Nigeria in terms of some scholarships, bags of rice and foodstuffs, the politician is a good person?

Where did these pastors get $65 million from to buy private jets? There are only two types of people that can afford private jets
-govt officials misusing public funds to buy/fly private jets
-billionaires who have grown their business over the years or their children who inherited such wealth

Your pastor could only afford jets off tithe money and church profits. What other business is your pastor into? What product or service is he selling to make such money?

Jesus was humble. Remember that.

Friend to start with if everyone who steals 50billion drops 1billion alot of Nigerian will be employed but dat still doesnt withdraws the fact dat stealing is stealing.

let me tell you how these things work,very simple pple pay tithes and offerings have u ever seen them hold gun to their heads? NO. reason cos most ppl knw that their is a blessing attached to giving to Gods kingdom. They keep giving and their blessings keeps coming so why should they stop if they knw their blessings are tied to their giving. what ever the pastor wants he can do with the money thats bw him and God,My business is my giving to Gods work and my hundred fold return which God gives me because of my undieing love for him which leads me to give without complaints.

hear sir, for me not to give when i have is an anatema, for me not to pay my tithe is criminal then for God not to bless me is impossible thats how it works bro.....peace.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Ndeewonu: 7:34am On Sep 21, 2015
I never argue with people on issues bothering on their pastors and church. They have a way of pulling a sheath of covering over their eyes, such that they often reason from somewhere else. Today, it is #HERO WORSHIP#, and the hero is #MYPASTOR# not #JESUSCHRIST#
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:35am On Sep 21, 2015
ceecee0703:

Friend to start with if everyone who steals 50billion drops 1billion alot of Nigerian will be employed but dat still doesnt withdraws the fact dat stealing is stealing.

let me tell you how these things work,very simple pple pay tithes and offerings have u ever seen them hold gun to their heads? NO. reason cos most ppl knw that their is a blessing attached to giving to Gods kingdom. They keep giving and their blessings keeps coming so why should they stop if they knw their blessings are tied to their giving. what ever the pastor wants he can do with the money thats bw him and God,My business is my giving to Gods work and my hundred fold return which God gives me because of my undieing love for him which leads me to give without complaints.

hear sir, for me not to give when i have is an anatema, for me not to pay my tithe is criminal then for God not to bless me is impossible thats how it works bro.....peace.

Are you the kind of person that walks past a beggar to pay tithe in your church?

Did Jesus say you should pay tithe or help the poor? Please think about this question deeply.

As for the private Jet pastors, where did they get the money for the Jets?

And why is it that all the people supporting these private jet pastors never addressed any of the 5 points in the op?

Some are now resulting to lying that I am not a christian. Too funny

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by dollarlander: 7:46am On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
With owning private jets being the new trend for Nigerian pastors at the moment, I keep wondering whether Jesus would agree to have one if He were in the shoes of these same pastors today. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye and Pastor T.B. Joshua are Nigerian pastors reported to have private jets.

As a christian who believes a lot in humility, I disagree with the ownership of such luxurious vessels in the name of evangelism. Here are the reasons why I feel that private jets are not necessary for christian leaders;

1) Diplomats and International business executives manage travelling a lot without it; there are many jobs that require a lot of travel such as being a diplomat or an international aid worker or a top level executive of an international firm. A lot of people travel frequently and globally as part of their job without the aid of a private jet and so, why can’t pastors do the same? Some of the rich business executives probably travel more than these pastors. Even the pope doesn’t own a private jet, and he is responsible for all catholic churches across the world! Honestly, it is hard to muster up an excuse for a pastor’s private jet when even the pope doesn’t own one.

2) Private jets actually hamper evangelism by consuming more time, effort and money than a commercial flight; The time and effort needed to maintain a private jet and keep it running is ridiculous when one considers the fact that a commercial flight is a far cheaper and less tedious service to use for global evangelism. As a private jet owner, you will have to think about numerous issues such as the pilot’s fees and demands, the scheduling of the maintenance or repairs of the plane, and also the international restrictions/laws regarding the flight of the private jet. This means that a private jet owner will have less time to think about preaching the word of God because of all the time and effort spent on the private jet’s issues. A first class commercial flight will only involve buying your ticket online, checking in and then going early for your flight- isn’t that just easier?

3) Jesus rode on donkeys and not on chariots; horses and chariots were the highest level of transport in biblical times but Jesus chose to humbly enter the city of Jerusalem with a donkey in what we know as the triumphal entry in the New Testament. Conversely, we have pastors riding on the highest levels of transports in the form of private jets that reeks of the very materialism that Jesus speaks against in Matthew 6;24.

4) Private jets are bad for the Nigerian economy; private jets and planes in general are not manufactured in Nigeria and so, a lot of the repairs and maintenance will require importation of labour and spare parts from countries like the USA or Canada. This also means that lot of transactions will be done in thousands of Dollars, rather than our local Naira. One can imagine the exorbitant cost to the Nigerian private jet owner if he or she has to pay the pilots, technicians and mechanics in Dollars given that the exchange rate doesn’t favour the Naira. Should a church really contribute to this leakage to our economy?

5) Private jets do not help the image of Nigerian leaders; one has to consider the bad image our Nigerian leaders have in the eyes of the foreign press- flamboyant and corrupt people who care little for the suffering of their impoverished masses. A pastor owning a private jet worth millions of dollars while many of his church members struggle to survive everyday is not going to help such an image. Whatever happened to the John the Baptist type of preachers who lived a chaste life not corrupted by the illusions of vanity? I think some of our religious leaders should learn from Jose Mujica, a man who chose a simple life despite wielding so much power and influence as the president of Uruguay.

http://allnaijablog.com/5-reasons-why-pastors-do-not-need-private-jets

cc lalasticlala, guk, manny4life, reptyle

The statements you make here shows the level you are in the society. Imaging a poor man saying why does a rich man need 5 vehicles, and started forecasting the rich man's budget on how he should spend hos money when the poor man does not know the worth of the rich man.

You need further research to prove your weak points here. Do you think those people you mentioned here know how the plane is managed? The issues you mentioned here is not their problems, some people are employed to take care of that and those ministries are buoyant enough that, they don't feel what is going how maintaining those toys.

Man you need to work on yourself and mentality and start thinking as a wealthy person. God is blessing his ministries, open your eyes and see what is going on.

I pity you. Low class thinking people. shioooorr!!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ceecee0703(m): 7:50am On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Are you the kind of person that walks past a beggar to pay tithe in your church?

Did Jesus say you should pay tithe or help the poor? Please think about this question deeply.

As for the private Jet pastors, where did they get the money for the Jets?

And why is it that all the people supporting these private jet pastors never addressed any of the 5 points in the op?

Some are now resulting to lying that I am not a christian. Too funny

friend check mal 3:10 and if my memory serves me right i av been helpful to the needy to the very best of my capabilities. i need not blow my trumpet. but tithe PAYING is non negotiable mayb u should study tithing...av a good day
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by mechanics(m): 7:53am On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
With owning private jets being the new trend for Nigerian pastors at the moment, I keep wondering whether Jesus would agree to have one if He were in the shoes of these same pastors today. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye and Pastor T.B. Joshua are Nigerian pastors reported to have private jets.

As a christian who believes a lot in humility, I disagree with the ownership of such luxurious vessels in the name of evangelism. Here are the reasons why I feel that private jets are not necessary for christian leaders;

1) Diplomats and International business executives manage travelling a lot without it; there are many jobs that require a lot of travel such as being a diplomat or an international aid worker or a top level executive of an international firm. A lot of people travel frequently and globally as part of their job without the aid of a private jet and so, why can’t pastors do the same? Some of the rich business executives probably travel more than these pastors. Even the pope doesn’t own a private jet, and he is responsible for all catholic churches across the world! Honestly, it is hard to muster up an excuse for a pastor’s private jet when even the pope doesn’t own one.

2) Private jets actually hamper evangelism by consuming more time, effort and money than a commercial flight; The time and effort needed to maintain a private jet and keep it running is ridiculous when one considers the fact that a commercial flight is a far cheaper and less tedious service to use for global evangelism. As a private jet owner, you will have to think about numerous issues such as the pilot’s fees and demands, the scheduling of the maintenance or repairs of the plane, and also the international restrictions/laws regarding the flight of the private jet. This means that a private jet owner will have less time to think about preaching the word of God because of all the time and effort spent on the private jet’s issues. A first class commercial flight will only involve buying your ticket online, checking in and then going early for your flight- isn’t that just easier?

3) Jesus rode on donkeys and not on chariots; horses and chariots were the highest level of transport in biblical times but Jesus chose to humbly enter the city of Jerusalem with a donkey in what we know as the triumphal entry in the New Testament. Conversely, we have pastors riding on the highest levels of transports in the form of private jets that reeks of the very materialism that Jesus speaks against in Matthew 6;24.

4) Private jets are bad for the Nigerian economy; private jets and planes in general are not manufactured in Nigeria and so, a lot of the repairs and maintenance will require importation of labour and spare parts from countries like the USA or Canada. This also means that lot of transactions will be done in thousands of Dollars, rather than our local Naira. One can imagine the exorbitant cost to the Nigerian private jet owner if he or she has to pay the pilots, technicians and mechanics in Dollars given that the exchange rate doesn’t favour the Naira. Should a church really contribute to this leakage to our economy?

5) Private jets do not help the image of Nigerian leaders; one has to consider the bad image our Nigerian leaders have in the eyes of the foreign press- flamboyant and corrupt people who care little for the suffering of their impoverished masses. A pastor owning a private jet worth millions of dollars while many of his church members struggle to survive everyday is not going to help such an image. Whatever happened to the John the Baptist type of preachers who lived a chaste life not corrupted by the illusions of vanity? I think some of our religious leaders should learn from Jose Mujica, a man who chose a simple life despite wielding so much power and influence as the president of Uruguay.

http://allnaijablog.com/5-reasons-why-pastors-do-not-need-private-jets

cc lalasticlala, guk, manny4life, reptyle
if d members ar nt complaining, den let d pastors be, afta all na church money dey use while some, contributions 4rm friends.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Obiwiz(m): 7:54am On Sep 21, 2015
Africa: lots of churches with world's richest pastors plus monumental poverty,deprivation,crime,disease,high maternal and infant mortality,highest number of out-of-school children etc. Most startling part is, most of diz religious leaders have close rapport with top govt functionaries/politicians(people who are known for shortchanging and economically suffocating the voiceless and oppressed). Very hard to understand. Whatever happened to "crucifying self" & "mortifying d flesh".
For now,d only Pentecostal my conscience allows me to worship with is Pastor W.F Kumuyi's deeperlife bible church(they're nt perfect,but i think dey are d closest to wat i find in my bible).

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2015
dollarlander:

The statements you make here shows the level you are in the society. Imaging a poor man saying why does a rich man need 5 vehicles, and started forecasting the rich man's budget on how he should spend hos money when the poor man does not know the worth of the rich man.

You need further research to prove your weak points here. Do you think those people you mentioned here know how the plane is managed? The issues you mentioned here is not their problems, some people are employed to take care of that and those ministries are buoyant enough that, they don't feel what is going how maintaining those toys.

Man you need to work on yourself and mentality and start thinking as a wealthy person. God is blessing his ministries, open your eyes and see what is going on.

I pity you. Low class thinking people. shioooorr!!!!

You are the one projecting your low class thinking.

If you understood the costs and issues involved in owning a private jet, you wouldn't be here defending the indefensible.

So, because your pastor is rich, God is blessing him? Corrupt Nigerian politicians are also rich. Bin Laden was rich. Your logic is fallacious.

Please, try to address any of the points in the op.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2015
mechanics:
if d members ar nt complaining, den let d pastors be, afta all na church money dey use while some, contributions 4rm friends.

When a pastor in south africa got the congregation to eat grass, the congregation were not the ones who got him criticised all over social media, it was the "outsiders".

The point here is that anyone is allowed to speak the truth, congregation or outsider.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by atoleybaba(m): 8:06am On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

It is funny how you never mentioned Jesus or the new testament. Do you only read half of the bible.

Jesus, our Lord and Saviour, lived a very humble life. He rode on a donkey and not a chariot with white horses. Jesus spent time with the poor and the sick.

John the baptist lived in the wilderness and ate natural food
continuation....paul, a rich lawyer with two citizenship forsook everything he had "and considered them has refuse" just to follow Christ

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by atoleybaba(m): 8:08am On Sep 21, 2015
jaymejate:

do you really know who Jesus is and why he was humble? If you do, then you will know that he his not to be compared with.

lalasticlala , guk
abeg come put this thing for front page, this guy no de gree. We need suggestions.
do u even know d meaning of d word "christian" Jesus camee to d world not only to save us but to set pattern for us in which we can serve God
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Ndeewonu: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2015
ceecee0703:

friend check mal 3:10 and if my memory serves me right i av been helpful to the needy to the very best of my capabilities. i need not blow my trumpet. but tithe PAYING is non negotiable mayb u should study tithing...av a good day

You must be one of those people deceiving people out there. The very people whose only passages they have memorised are those talking tithing and seed-sowing. It is sad that your type do not know that tithing can neither take you to heaven nor hell. What would take you there are what Jesus Himself said in the following (and other verses):

Read Matthew 23;23; Matthew 25:31-46. These are words from Jesus

Jesus is the author of Christianity, and each time there is a conflict, between the Old Testament and what Jesus said, I choose what Christ said.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by MattChidi(m): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2015
jaymejate:
Guy continue to be giving reason... Na you people go first talk if pastor de wear 1 shirt and treking.
When these pastors de hustle for life, where you de?

And mind you, Jesus became poor so we can be rich.
I just pity you, your father God for heaven no poor, he is glorious so you his son should be poor on earth abi, then what will you be preaching, who will listen to you?

#God remember me o.

Jesus came set example for us to follow stop talking trash. . .
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 21, 2015
Adebayooooooo:
From your spelling, I rely can see that you rely have knowledge. grin grin grin
thank God I study no English or any language courses.

I speak the way I spoke. And if you understand the importance of the writeing. I got zero problem with any body. Languages is the act of communication not perfection or spellieng
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by bigtt76(f): 8:47am On Sep 21, 2015
Lol.... You nor lie jaaaare!

madridguy:
@ OP, if you like list 100 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets all I have to tell you is that " GO AND MAKE YOUR MONEY " and leave this men alone. If I have the money I will buy one for my Chief Imam too. We all need comfort. Both Prophet Isa/Jesus Christ ( PBUH ) and Prophet Mohammad ( PBUH ) laboured for us to enjoy. Jumat Mubaraq.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ceecee0703(m): 9:28am On Sep 21, 2015
Ndeewonu:

You must be one of those people deceiving people out there. The very people whose only passages they have memorised are those talking tithing and seed-sowing. It is sad that your type do not know that tithing can neither take you to heaven nor hell. What would take you there are what Jesus Himself said in the following (and other verses):

Read Matthew 23;23; Matthew 25:31-46. These are words from Jesus

Jesus is the author of Christianity, and each time there is a conflict, between the Old Testament and what Jesus said, I choose what Christ said.

Lolz the scriptures cannot contradict itself ur hatred for the prosperity of preachers has blinded you....but Jesus said i have not come to destroy the law but to fulfil it.
Now remember the woman that gave her all...widows mite...Jesus himself said she gave the best.
David said i wont give God dat which Cost me nothing 2sam 24:24, 2 chron 21:24.
Tithing is important cos it improves ur life on earth and relationship but better is your life as a christian than tithing...meaning any who tithe but doesnt do Gods will lost all ...matt 23:23
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by JudgementHammer: 9:52am On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
My dear u aren't humble, ure ignorant to the extreme. Using human business sense to analyse Gods provisional ability and you think you're wise. U may think u have business prospects but you're tending towards poverty. If u are really the xtain u claim to be then poverty will catch up with you soon

AllNaijaBlogger:
2) Private jets actually hamper evangelism by consuming more time, effort and money than a commercial flight; The time and effort needed to maintain a private jet and keep it running is ridiculous when one considers the fact that a commercial flight is a far cheaper and less tedious service to use for global evangelism
When the RCCG started, was ur father's money the starting capital or did a particular businessman sign a contract with the founder in order to get returns now? Who created d economy. D economy have been having issues b4 u were born and will keep being so. The bible says "u will lend to nations". How its gonna happen isn't ur business, urs is just to believe. Even amidst famine, God can make u flourish if ure committed to him. The life of pastor Adeboye is just a good example of what being totally committed to God can do for you.

AllNaijaBlogger:

Hear yourself speak heresis. When d bible says he was MADE poor(he wasn't poor originally) that YOU may be RICH.

You seem to be so used to poverty that its now ur lifestyle that u can't do without. U don't even knw that a donkey among the pharisees was one of their best automobile at that time and jesus rode on a BRAND NEW one.

If the way ure thinking was logical, then u should be walking bare-footed even to standard seminars and conferences as ur own sign of humility. Poverty IS NOT humiility

But I'm not suprised abt ur words. Whenever God's determined to promote you, there'll definitely be criticism. That's d cost of being rich. But when I compare the cost of riches to dat of poverty, my dear I will choose to be rich again and again.

Let it be on record that I Dave the JudgementHammer will keep improving in the lord and would be wealthy enough, I will own my own jets in spite of the complaints abt d economy and d cost of maintenance won't be a problem at all..amen.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:38am On Sep 21, 2015
JudgementHammer:

My dear u aren't humble, ure ignorant to the extreme. Using human business sense to analyse Gods provisional ability and you think you're wise. U may think u have business prospects but you're tending towards poverty. If u are really the xtain u claim to be then poverty will catch up with you soon

When the RCCG started, was ur father's money the starting capital or did a particular businessman sign a contract with the founder in order to get returns now? Who created d economy. D economy have been having issues b4 u were born and will keep being so. The bible says "u will lend to nations". How its gonna happen isn't ur business, urs is just to believe. Even amidst famine, God can make u flourish if ure committed to him. The life of pastor Adeboye is just a good example of what being totally committed to God can do for you.

Hear yourself speak heresis. When d bible says he was MADE poor(he wasn't poor originally) that YOU may be RICH.

You seem to be so used to poverty that its now ur lifestyle that u can't do without. U don't even knw that a donkey among the pharisees was one of their best automobile at that time and jesus rode on a BRAND NEW one.

If the way ure thinking was logical, then u should be walking bare-footed even to standard seminars and conferences as ur own sign of humility. Poverty IS NOT humiility

But I'm not suprised abt ur words. Whenever God's determined to promote you, there'll definitely be criticism. That's d cost of being rich. But when I compare the cost of riches to dat of poverty, my dear I will choose to be rich again and again.

Let it be on record that I Dave the JudgementHammer will keep improving in the lord and would be wealthy enough, I will own my own jets in spite of the complaints abt d economy and d cost of maintenance won't be a problem at all..amen.

Are you serious? You are calling someone ignorant and yet you spew this unreasonable trash of a comment?

First, you seem to be more interested in your riches and the riches of your pastor. See how you are boasting.

Also, you are then claiming that Donkeys were the most expensive forms of transport in the time of Jesus. How ignorant of you to forget that horses and chariots were mentioned in that same bible? Do you think at all?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Joshroyal: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Did God put you on earth for riches? undecided
No wonder u desired to be poor...u don't work hard to earn a living. the day u buy a car God will punish u, the day u build a house God will punish u, the day u save money to get things done God will punish u, the day dream to be rich God will punish u...u knw why? because God did not put u on earth to be rich. idiot.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by atoleybaba(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You said Jesus lived a humble life, true!.

But you do agree he came to be our substitute in all things so He could take our curse and give us His blessings. So consider this scripture.

"2 Cor 8:9For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich."so when Paul believed in Christ did he start having earthly possession for himself

Paul was talking of money there in that context.

So you guys should stop saying because Jesus was poor that means we should not be wealthy or pastors cannot live im wealth. Because that is against His plans. Just the same way He took our sins and gave us His righteousness.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Ndeewonu: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2015
ceecee0703:

Lolz the scriptures cannot contradict itself ur hatred for the prosperity of preachers has blinded you....but Jesus said i have not come to destroy the law but to fulfil it.
Now remember the woman that gave her all...widows mite...Jesus himself said she gave the best.
David said i wont give God dat which Cost me nothing 2sam 24:24, 2 chron 21:24.
Tithing is important cos it improves ur life on earth and relationship but better is your life as a Christian than tithing...meaning any who tithe but doesnt do Gods will lost all ...matt 23:23

My response:

1. I carefully used the word CONFLICT, and not contradict! I believe you should know the difference.

What do you call this?
Moses told you "an eye for an eye..." That is, if anyone hits you, hit him back. Fight those who fight you!
Moses told you "love you neighbour (brother) and hate your enemy..."

What did Jesus say in Matthew 5: 38-48? You may read the whole of the NEW LAW in Matthew 5!
What do you call that? You need to allow the Holy Spirit to guide you while you read your Bible and not greed.

2. Talking about "prosperity of preachers..."
You can as well talk and brag about the prosperity of politicians! The one condition Jesus gave to the rich man to make heaven, was to sell off all he had and give to the poor? (Mark 10:21). Why did Jesus not ask him to give it to the Levites or the Priests? common on! You need to read and understand the Bible!

In any case, who tells you I am a beggar like you?

3. The major condition Jesus emphasised to make heaven is as highlighted in Matt 25: 31-end; Mark 10:21; Matt 23;23 (above).

4. Those of you who do not know anything about the Bible are the ones deceiving yourselves! Your type are the ones preaching back to sender, which is completely unChristian! A lot of the pastors are wicked, ripping off people. You must know that both Christianity and Judaism share the Old Testament of the Bible. The only difference is the New Testament, which, sadly, wicked pastors and wicked Christians have refused to adhere to. They claim to love God (like the Pharisees and Saducees; Boko Haram and ISIS do), but they hate their fellow human being. Remember that the New Testament says "you cannot claim to love God who you cannot see while you hate your fellow human who you can see." (1 John 4:20)

Please, read more of what Jesus said. That is pure and undefiled Christianity.

I repeat, tithe can only increase you here (as per rebuking the devourer of earthly possessions), and has nothing to do with you making heaven!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 11:24am On Sep 21, 2015
Joshroyal:
No wonder u desired to be poor...u don't work hard to earn a living. the day u buy a car God will punish u, the day u build a house God will punish u, the day u save money to get things done God will punish u, the day dream to be rich God will punish u...u knw why? because God did not put u on earth to be rich. idiot.

grin grin grin grin

See your life? You were told the truth and all you can do is rain curses on the messenger.

The truth is bitter. You cannot serve both God and money

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? / Sincere Questions To Frosbel / George Weah Set For Thanksgiving At Synagogue Church Of All Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.