Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets (34552 Views)

The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by lilmizwierd(f): 11:33am On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

First, there is a difference between rich and wasteful. Private jets are a matter of waste.

Secondly, open your bible-

Matthew 6:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

They way you and your pastors chase money and luxury! Only Jesus can help you.
laughs in Spanish I hope u know people buy private jets as gifts
in Pastor E A Adeboye voice If you give me any envelope with my name on it I'll use it to buy pounded yam
This pastors visit atleast 100 countries in a year sometimes they visit 2 to 3 countries in a day
For your information If your pastor is poor keep praying o God will answer wella
#drinkshollandia given to my pastor
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Ndeewonu: 11:36am On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

grin grin grin grin

See your life? You were told the truth and all you can do is rain curses on the messenger.

The truth is bitter. You cannot serve both God and money

Don't mind him. And he is supposed to be a Christian! What did Jesus say about curses? What did Christ say saying "raca" (fool, or idiot, or waka) to another person? Does he know that by the standards of Matthew 5: 21-22, has already committed murder?

These are the examples of "Christians" that head our churches today.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by lilmizwierd(f): 11:36am On Sep 21, 2015
One reason a pastor needs a private jet is because a poverty is a sin yes o sin How do u serve God when You're poor

Jesus Christ was so wealthy they threw lots to take his scandals and clothes. He slept in the best inn and was buried in the best tomb
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Ndeewonu: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2015
lilmizwierd:
One reason a pastor needs a private jet is because a poverty is a sin yes o sin How do u serve God when You're poor

Jesus Christ was so wealthy they threw lots to take his scandals and clothes. He slept in the best inn and was buried in the best tomb

You must be reading from the gospel according to Satan, in the Satanic Bible!
Please, check your source very well, it might have fed you the wrong 'sauce.'
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by lilmizwierd(f): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ndeewonu:

You must be reading from the gospel according to Satan, in the Satanic Bible! Please, check your source very well, it might have fed you the wrong 'sauce.'
claps Oya read John 19 : 23-25 his clothes John 19 : 38-42 Read Deuteronomy 8:18 Job's wealth Job 42:12 Abraham's wealth Genesis 13:2 Genesis 14:23 Genesis 24:35 Isaac was so wealthy a king chased Him away Genesis 26:12-18
When you finish you read Deuteronomy 15:4 Deuteronomy 28:8
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ebosed: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
[quote author=AllNaijaBlogger post=38123178]With owning private jets being the new trend for Nigerian pastors at the moment, I keep wondering whether Jesus would agree to have one if He were in the shoes of these same pastors today. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye and Pastor T.B. Joshua are Nigerian pastors reported to have private jets.

As a christian who believes a lot in humility, I disagree with the ownership of such luxurious vessels in the name of evangelism. Here are the reasons why I feel that private jets are not necessary for christian leaders;

1) Diplomats and International business executives manage travelling a lot without it; there are many jobs that require a lot of travel such as being a diplomat or an international aid worker or a top level executive of an international firm. A lot of people travel frequently and globally as part of their job without the aid of a private jet and so, why can’t pastors do the same? Some of the rich business executives probably travel more than these pastors. Even the pope doesn’t own a private jet, and he is responsible for all catholic churches across the world! Honestly, it is hard to muster up an excuse for a pastor’s private jet when even the pope doesn’t own one.

Pope that those business executives don't travel to countries and cities who receive one international flight weekly or bi-weekly. They only travel to cities that have thousands of inbound and outbound flights daily. So it is much easier for them not to own one. But these men of God travel to those remote areas and still want to keep up with other schedules. So instead of getting stucked in such cities of countries for weeks, a private jet is needed.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ebosed: 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
With owning private jets being the new trend for Nigerian pastors at the moment, I keep wondering whether Jesus would agree to have one if He were in the shoes of these same pastors today. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye and Pastor T.B. Joshua are Nigerian pastors reported to have private jets.

As a christian who believes a lot in humility, I disagree with the ownership of such luxurious vessels in the name of evangelism. Here are the reasons why I feel that private jets are not necessary for christian leaders;

1) Diplomats and International business executives manage travelling a lot without it; there are many jobs that require a lot of travel such as being a diplomat or an international aid worker or a top level executive of an international firm. A lot of people travel frequently and globally as part of their job without the aid of a private jet and so, why can’t pastors do the same? Some of the rich business executives probably travel more than these pastors. Even the pope doesn’t own a private jet, and he is responsible for all catholic churches across the world! Honestly, it is hard to muster up an excuse for a pastor’s private jet when even the pope doesn’t own one.

2) Private jets actually hamper evangelism by consuming more time, effort and money than a commercial flight; The time and effort needed to maintain a private jet and keep it running is ridiculous when one considers the fact that a commercial flight is a far cheaper and less tedious service to use for global evangelism. As a private jet owner, you will have to think about numerous issues such as the pilot’s fees and demands, the scheduling of the maintenance or repairs of the plane, and also the international restrictions/laws regarding the flight of the private jet. This means that a private jet owner will have less time to think about preaching the word of God because of all the time and effort spent on the private jet’s issues. A first class commercial flight will only involve buying your ticket online, checking in and then going early for your flight- isn’t that just easier?

3) Jesus rode on donkeys and not on chariots; horses and chariots were the highest level of transport in biblical times but Jesus chose to humbly enter the city of Jerusalem with a donkey in what we know as the triumphal entry in the New Testament. Conversely, we have pastors riding on the highest levels of transports in the form of private jets that reeks of the very materialism that Jesus speaks against in Matthew 6;24.

4) Private jets are bad for the Nigerian economy; private jets and planes in general are not manufactured in Nigeria and so, a lot of the repairs and maintenance will require importation of labour and spare parts from countries like the USA or Canada. This also means that lot of transactions will be done in thousands of Dollars, rather than our local Naira. One can imagine the exorbitant cost to the Nigerian private jet owner if he or she has to pay the pilots, technicians and mechanics in Dollars given that the exchange rate doesn’t favour the Naira. Should a church really contribute to this leakage to our economy?

5) Private jets do not help the image of Nigerian leaders; one has to consider the bad image our Nigerian leaders have in the eyes of the foreign press- flamboyant and corrupt people who care little for the suffering of their impoverished masses. A pastor owning a private jet worth millions of dollars while many of his church members struggle to survive everyday is not going to help such an image. Whatever happened to the John the Baptist type of preachers who lived a chaste life not corrupted by the illusions of vanity? I think some of our religious leaders should learn from Jose Mujica, a man who chose a simple life despite wielding so much power and influence as the president of Uruguay.

http://allnaijablog.com/5-reasons-why-pastors-do-not-need-private-jets

cc lalasticlala, guk, manny4life, reptyle

Pope and those business executives don't travel to countries and cities who receive one international flight weekly or bi-weekly. They only travel to cities that have thousands of inbound and outbound flights daily. So it is much easier for them not to own one. But these men of God travel to those remote areas and still want to keep up with other schedules. So instead of getting stucked in such cities of countries for weeks, a private jet is needed.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ebosed: 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
2) Private jets actually hamper evangelism by consuming more time, effort and money than a commercial flight; The time and effort needed to maintain a private jet and keep it running is ridiculous when one considers the fact that a commercial flight is a far cheaper and less tedious service to use for global evangelism. As a private jet owner, you will have to think about numerous issues such as the pilot’s fees and demands, the scheduling of the maintenance or repairs of the plane, and also the international restrictions/laws regarding the flight of the private jet. This means that a private jet owner will have less time to think about preaching the word of God because of all the time and effort spent on the private jet’s issues. A first class commercial flight will only involve buying your ticket online, checking in and then going early for your flight- isn’t that just easier?

cc lalasticlala, guk, manny4life, reptyle[/quote]

This logic and conclusion to me is silly. As the MD of my company, I would be more efficient with tools for effectiveness like a car and a driver to take me around. Do I have to bother about mechanics fixing my official car? No! Do I have to bother about paying the driver? No would these make me more effective? Yes. So how is this different with having a private jet? No more jetlag, cancelled flights, bookings, e.t.c
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by manny4life(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
Unfortunately, I am seeing this.... I don't know why you spammed my mentions

Dude, like I told you, when you're ready for an analytical perspective, mention me... Till then, your list makes no sense to me. I have no time for bickering.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by supergoz13(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
With owning private jets being the new trend for Nigerian pastors at the moment, I keep wondering whether Jesus would agree to have one if He were in the shoes of these same pastors today. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye and Pastor T.B. Joshua are Nigerian pastors reported to have private jets.

3) Jesus rode on donkeys and not on chariots; horses and chariots were the highest level of transport in biblical times but Jesus chose to humbly enter the city of Jerusalem with a donkey in what we know as the triumphal entry in the New Testament. Conversely, we have pastors riding on the highest levels of transports in the form of private jets that reeks of the very materialism that Jesus speaks against in Matthew 6;24.

4) Private jets are bad for the Nigerian economy; private jets and planes in general are not manufactured in Nigeria and so, a lot of the repairs and maintenance will require importation of labour and spare parts from countries like the USA or Canada. This also means that lot of transactions will be done in thousands of Dollars, rather than our local Naira. One can imagine the exorbitant cost to the Nigerian private jet owner if he or she has to pay the pilots, technicians and mechanics in Dollars given that the exchange rate doesn’t favour the Naira. Should a church really contribute to this leakage to our economy?

5) Private jets do not help the image of Nigerian leaders; one has to consider the bad image our Nigerian leaders have in the eyes of the foreign press- flamboyant and corrupt people who care little for the suffering of their impoverished masses. A pastor owning a private jet worth millions of dollars while many of his church members struggle to survive everyday is not going to help such an image. Whatever happened to the John the Baptist type of preachers who lived a chaste life not corrupted by the illusions of vanity? I think some of our religious leaders should learn from Jose Mujica, a man who chose a simple life despite wielding so much power and influence as the president of Uruguay.

Who wrote this? Seriously am disappointed. A pastor having a private jet is it not the same as your father having a private jet? And the case of materialism, maybe you should read that portion of the bible well and ask for interpretation from the holy spirit. Life ne turn by turn, its their turn, xo shut up, when it gets to ur turn, u can talk!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by bishopcarterIV: 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
TRADELYN:
You don't judge people until you get to that level...
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

until you get where ? M*U*M*U, is it a must you comment? in fact, do you even eat up to 3 times a day? sidon there, dey side people wey no fit help their church members... How much has these pastors contributed to the Nigerian economy at large. And am sure u dont have a car of your own, meanwhile your pastor is flying in private jet, yet u still pay tithe and offering. RUBBISH undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Xlns(m): 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
IS IT YOUR BUSINESS? GO AND WORK SO THAT YOU CAN BUY YOUR OWN AND STOP BLASPHEMY!!
DID YOU CALL THEM INTO MINISTRY?
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THEY WERE PAYING THE PRICE?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Xlns(m): 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, ASK!
THE REASON WHY OUR MOUTHS ARE LOCATED ON OUR HEADS IS SO THAT WE CAN THINK BEFORE WE SPEAK.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by omakay(m): 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
One important question we must ask ourselves.

ARE THESE JETS BOUGHT OR LEASED?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by vooks: 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
To show the wastage of these jets, how many times has THBJoshua flown out on mission in the last 5 years?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by fejikudz(m): 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Its obvious you are jobless.. Leave these men of GOD alone and face your life
BULLSHIT
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by fejikudz(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP, if you like list 100 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets all I have to tell you is that " GO AND MAKE YOUR MONEY " and leave this men alone. If I have the money I will buy one for my Chief Imam too. We all need comfort. Both Prophet Isa/Jesus Christ ( PBUH ) and Prophet Mohammad ( PBUH ) laboured for us to enjoy. Jumat Mubaraq.

simple as A B C..
GOD bless you my brother
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by charlesucheh(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
jaymejate:

the OP is the one in bondage of poverty including you. If you who Satan has tied down, blind folded and turned upside down, even if he sees a way out, he will prefer to stay. That's d same with the OP, instead of him to pray to cancel poverty in his life so that his Story will be known for success, he his blogging failure in poverty.

Receive brain healing bro, God bless you
That's ur problem, if u like, cont contributing so that he will increase his fleet okk!!! A fly that wouldn't hear will follow the dead body to the .........!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jaymejate: 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
charlesucheh:
That's ur problem, if u like, cont contributing so that he will increase his fleet okk!!! A fly that wouldn't hear will follow the dead body to the .........!

What is this one saying?
Nice incantation tho
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
fejikudz:
Its obvious you are jobless.. Leave these men of GOD alone and face your life
BULLSHIT

I write for a living. On nairaland, I am working.

You, on the other hand, are defending rich and wasteful pastors on nairaland.

Everyone can see who is jobless between us two.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
supergoz13:

Who wrote this? Seriously am disappointed. A pastor having a private jet is it not the same as your father having a private jet? And the case of materialism, maybe you should read that portion of the bible well and ask for interpretation from the holy spirit. Life ne turn by turn, its their turn, xo shut up, when it gets to ur turn, u can talk!

What are you talking about? You didnt address any of the 5 points and you think it sensible to involve someone else's father?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by charlesucheh(m): 11:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
jaymejate:

What is this one saying?
Nice incantation tho
You will soon know when you start jumping frm one ministry to the other!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by dollarlander: 11:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

You are the one projecting your low class thinking.

If you understood the costs and issues involved in owning a private jet, you wouldn't be here defending the indefensible.

So, because your pastor is rich, God is blessing him? Corrupt Nigerian politicians are also rich. Bin Laden was rich. Your logic is fallacious.

Please, try to address any of the points in the op.

Me?address your poor mans mentality points? You must be suffering from down syndrome.

You are too far away from money. I believe you have never seen 1billion naira in your life. Pray to God that you could have a glimpse of money, I bet you your disorientated and eroded values will rejuvenate.

You need to move with people who have some level of money. You are too poor for my liking. Shiooor!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by manny4life(m): 2:51am On Sep 22, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

What are you talking about? You didnt address any of the 5 points and you think it sensible to involve someone else's father?

Permit me to pick holes in this garbage you posted

Private jets actually hamper evangelism by consuming more time, effort and money than a commercial flight;

To imagine that someone sensible wrote this proves further that some bloggers are lazy in research and nothing short of local champions. This shows that perhaps, you haven't traveled by air let alone dreamed of flying a Jet. How can processing a flight through a commercial airline be faster and less time consuming than a private jet?

How you summed up the jargon you wrote in support to this beats me... I shake my head, I would like to explain to you BUT you must first ask. Don't EVER utter this rubbish in front of Aviation enthusiast let alone industry knowledgeable folks... Lmao at pilot’s fees and demands, the scheduling of the maintenance or repairs of the plane, and also the international restrictions/laws regarding the flight of the private jet international restriction.

Private jets are bad for the Nigerian economy

I laughed SO HARD at this, like seriously? In honesty, this happens to be the most silliest of them all. So because Nigeria doesn't produce aircraft or parts, then it has negative impact on the economy? Doesn't it purchase Aviation fuel in Nigeria unless on international trip? Don't they pay luxury tax to the govt? Don't they pay landing fees, storage and hanger fees, ATC and navigational charges, etc...?

Where do all these mushroom analysts come from? The last I checked Nigeria's GDP, Aviation accounted for less than 5% of which less a TINY fraction applies to private jet owners. Meanwhile, we have large transactions that gulp a lot of $$$ such as O&G, Import of Raw Materials, and services such as healthcare and education etc. For real for real, where do you get all these nonsense from? Lmao at import labor and parts... Dude, please be quiet. With different MRO service packages from North to South Americas or from Europe to Asia, you don't have to buy or import NOTHING... Please be quiet jor.

You think you raised salient points? Lmao.... I wanted to point out the two most hideous statements. To think I gave you my time is almost regretful and you want someone to expend their energy rebutting this? Lol... Please go and research Aviation, then come back with something more tangible. If you knew all these, you would NOT dare utter these verbose like you know what you're talking about.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:34am On Sep 22, 2015
manny4life:

Permit me to pick holes in this garbage you posted

To imagine that someone sensible wrote this proves further that some bloggers are lazy in research and nothing short of local champions. This shows that perhaps, you haven't traveled by air let alone dreamed of flying a Jet. How can processing a flight through a commercial airline be faster and less time consuming than a private jet?

How you summed up the jargon you wrote in support to this beats me... I shake my head, I would like to explain to you BUT you must first ask. Don't EVER utter this rubbish in front of Aviation enthusiast let alone industry knowledgeable folks... Lmao at pilot’s fees and demands, the scheduling of the maintenance or repairs of the plane, and also the international restrictions/laws regarding the flight of the private jet international restriction.

I laughed SO HARD at this, like seriously? In honesty, this happens to be the most silliest of them all. So because Nigeria doesn't produce aircraft or parts, then it has negative impact on the economy? Doesn't it purchase Aviation fuel in Nigeria unless on international trip? Don't they pay luxury tax to the govt? Don't they pay landing fees, storage and hanger fees, ATC and navigational charges, etc...?

Where do all these mushroom analysts come from? The last I checked Nigeria's GDP, Aviation accounted for less than 5% of which less a TINY fraction applies to private jet owners. Meanwhile, we have large transactions that gulp a lot of $$$ such as O&G, Import of Raw Materials, and services such as healthcare and education etc. For real for real, where do you get all these nonsense from? Lmao at import labor and parts... Dude, please be quiet. With different MRO service packages from North to South Americas or from Europe to Asia, you don't have to buy or import NOTHING... Please be quiet jor.

You think you raised salient points? Lmao.... I wanted to point out the two most hideous statements. To think I gave you my time is almost regretful and you want someone to expend their energy rebutting this? Lol... Please go and research Aviation, then come back with something more tangible. If you knew all these, you would NOT dare utter these verbose like you know what you're talking about.

grin grin grin

See how you have exposed yourself? See your life?

First of all, if you read what I said at all, you would have seen that I didn't say that "processing a commercial flight is faster than a private jet" because that is a meaningless statement. What I did say is that the effort, time and cost in running a private jet is ridiculous compared to that of a commercial flight. Running a private jet is not like maintaining a car- it is more like managing a business.

In order to achieve an income on the aircraft it needs to be chartered by third parties when it is not utilised by the owner. To do this it needs to be placed on an AOC (Aircraft Operator’s Certificate) a service supplied by an aircraft management company.

A typical charter rate for the Learjet 45 in the UK is around £2,200 per hour.
This means our owner flying 200 hours per year himself would have to achieve around 550 charter hours to cover the operating costs of the aircraft and pay for his own flying – ambitious but possible!
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/874506

So, I want to know how you summarized that those with private jets do not have to pay their their pilots and flight crew or repair their planes? If you did any research or know anyone that has experience with private jets, you would know that those are the two biggest issues out of a myriad of problems when it comes to owning a private jet.

You and many local slaves to to these wasteful pastors do not seem to realise that managing a private jet is not like managing a car. Starting with routine maintenance- No pilot will fly any plane for you without being assured that the plane is in good shape. Pilots have their maintenance logs and the private jet owner must have his/or own maintenance records. To see how complex this is, maybe you should read further http://www.aopa.org/Pilot-Resources/PIC-archive/Aircraft-Ownership/Preventive-Maintenance

The summary of this long argument is that, with all the time/cost/effort needed to run a private jet, it is not worth it for evangelism. You are then running a separate business rather than focusing on God's work.

=========================================

Your second argument is very silly. First, google and learn what a "leakage" is to the economy.

Also, please look up the meaning of "straw man". Because there are bigger leakages to the economy, does that remove the fact that private jets are also a leakage? Please, reason with sense.

Now lets breakdown, your silly arguments

1) The cost of buying the plane is in millions of dollars and it is an importation- $65 million dollars
2) Refueling in Nigeria is offset by refueling abroad

3) You then contradict yourself on the importation of labour and parts- you say that you don't import labour or parts only to then say that "With different MRO service packages from North to South Americas or from Europe to Asia, you don't have to buy or import NOTHING"

A service package from North to South America is local labour and parts? Silly.

4) You then mention costs like landing fees, hanger fees etc. You do realise that you also pay for some of these fees when your plane is abroad?

5) You mentioned luxury tax. Was that not recently introduced? Secondly, you will still pay some fees abroad on your plane. Thirdly, the tax can not offset the cost of the plane. In economics, tax is not a solution to importation as you only reduce supply by increasing the cost of supply.

With all these issues, you still think it is justified for a Pastor to own a private jet?
===================================

You then also laugh at international laws regarding aircrafts that would affect private jets. smh.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:37am On Sep 22, 2015
ebosed:

This logic and conclusion to me is silly. As the MD of my company, I would be more efficient with tools for effectiveness like a car and a driver to take me around. Do I have to bother about mechanics fixing my official car? No! Do I have to bother about paying the driver? No would these make me more effective? Yes. So how is this different with having a private jet? No more jetlag, cancelled flights, bookings, e.t.c

Yes, because maintaining a car is the same as maintaining a private jet. undecided

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:47am On Sep 22, 2015
dollarlander:

Me?address your poor mans mentality points? You must be suffering from down syndrome.

You are too far away from money. I believe you have never seen 1billion naira in your life. Pray to God that you could have a glimpse of money, I bet you your disorientated and eroded values will rejuvenate.

You need to move with people who have some level of money. You are too poor for my liking. Shiooor!!!

Jesus didn't see 1 billion naira in his lifetime. He was sold for 30 pieces of silver. About 600 dollars.

Money is not everything. However, if we are to talk about money, we know that you are not one to talk, seeing as how you express yourself.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by omakay(m): 7:58am On Sep 22, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

grin grin grin

See how you have exposed yourself? See your life?

First of all, if you read what I said at all, you would have seen that I didn't say that "processing a commercial flight is faster than a private jet" because that is a meaningless statement. What I did say is that the effort, time and cost in running a private jet is ridiculous compared to that of a commercial flight. Running a private jet is not like maintaining a car- it is more like managing a business.

So, I want to know how you summarized that those with private jets do not have to pay their their pilots and flight crew or repair their planes? If you did any research or know anyone that has experience with private jets, you would know that those are the two biggest issues out of a myriad of problems when it comes to owning a private jet.

You and many local slaves to to these wasteful pastors do not seem to realise that managing a private jet is not like managing a car. Starting with routine maintenance- No pilot will fly any plane for you without being assured that the plane is in good shape. Pilots have their maintenance logs and the private jet owner must have his/or own maintenance records. To see how complex this is, maybe you should read further http://www.aopa.org/Pilot-Resources/PIC-archive/Aircraft-Ownership/Preventive-Maintenance

The summary of this long argument is that, with all the time/cost/effort needed to run a private jet, it is not worth it for evangelism. You are then running a separate business rather than focusing on God's work.

=========================================

Your second argument is very silly. First, google and learn what a "leakage" is to the economy.

Also, please look up the meaning of "straw man". Because there are bigger leakages to the economy, does that remove the fact that private jets are also a leakage? Please, reason with sense.

Now lets breakdown, your silly arguments

1) The cost of buying the plane is in millions of dollars and it is an importation- $65 million dollars
2) Refueling in Nigeria is offset by refueling abroad

3) You then contradict yourself on the importation of labour and parts- you say that you don't import labour or parts only to then say that "With different MRO service packages from North to South Americas or from Europe to Asia, you don't have to buy or import NOTHING"

A service package from North to South America is local labour and parts? Silly.

4) You then mention costs like landing fees, hanger fees etc. You do realise that you also pay for some of these fees when your plane is abroad?

5) You mentioned luxury tax. Was that not recently introduced? Secondly, you will still pay some fees abroad on your plane. Thirdly, the tax can not offset the cost of the plane. In economics, tax is not a solution to importation as you only reduce supply by increasing the cost of supply.

With all these issues, you still think it is justified for a Pastor to own a private jet?
===================================

You then also laugh at international laws regarding aircrafts that would affect private jets. smh.

I really love the way you have broken down all the monetary costs and implications of owning and operating these assets.

If i were to be a pastor whose ministry has reached a level of owning a private jet, these are the steps i would take.

1, I would try and seperate the personality of such aircraft from that of the church. The church is actually more of a 'SERVICE' firm where expenses are more justified than even revenue. Charitable expenses are more soothing to the ears of the public than expenses tied to assets like private jets. I as the pastor would set up a logistics firm to run the affairs of the aircraft and just make it look like my church engages the services of such logistics firm. Even as a Man of God, you still have to respect the emotions and feelings of the people.

2, Such an asset must generate income. Such income will service the expenses arising from the use of the asset and if there are excesses, add to the income and revenue of the church.

3, Funny enough, i feel that if such amount used to purchase such aircrafts could be invested into the aviation sector, i am very sure that these excuses of missed,late and cancelled flights would reduce drastically. It is just like what we do in our local habitat, you see someone whose is financially buoyant to develop his own street in form of developing the road. Instead, he feels more comfortable purchasing a very expensive s.u.v or truck worth millions. When asked why he took that decision, he will tell you that it is the function of the govt to do the road.

5, We are Nigerians and these selfish and self-centered traits are in us. Pastor, C.E.O and people in position to take such decisions all behave the same way.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Ndeewonu: 8:25am On Sep 22, 2015
supergoz13:

The bible says, "Let him who has two shirts [two cars...etc] give one to another who has none." It means that for you to have a private jet, all your members must have each owned a car! Do you know where this was said in the New Testament, and who said it?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by JudgementHammer: 9:16am On Sep 22, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Are you serious? You are calling someone ignorant and yet you spew this unreasonable trash of a comment?

First, you seem to be more interested in your riches and the riches of your pastor. See how you are boasting.

Also, you are then claiming that Donkeys were the most expensive forms of transport in the time of Jesus. How ignorant of you to forget that horses and chariots were mentioned in that same bible? Do you think at all?
Mr poverty keep your probing to urself

I'm sure its ppl like u who would probe why xtains should pay tithe...calculating divine order with human mentality. Giving without expecting to be blessed from God beyond your giving level at the initial stage.

When David heard abt Goliath, d 1st question he asked was what shall be done for whoever kills this philistine..he was promised to be exempted from payin taxes(him and his family) and to marry Saul's beautiful daughter. That was what motivated him to act. It is not pride to boast about the reward of a great and weldone service.
Besides chariots and horses my dear are war vehicles. Jesus was riding through the city. Will ur armour brain tell u to use an armour tank in a residential community?

Your way is still far

By the way please keep boasting of poverty. I hope u won't be d chief of poor people in years to come.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:26am On Sep 22, 2015
JudgementHammer:

Mr poverty keep your probing to urself

I'm sure its ppl like u who would probe why xtains should pay tithe...calculating divine order with human mentality. Giving without expecting to be blessed from God beyond your giving level at the initial stage.

Your way is still far

By the way please keep boasting of poverty. I hope u won't be d chief of poor people in years to come.

The funny thing is that I never made an argument for poverty or that pastors should not have good cars or good houses. What I complained about is the wastefulness of private jets

The problem with you people is that you see someone challenging your rich pastors and you become wild animals and start calling others "poor£.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:27am On Sep 22, 2015
omakay:

I really love the way you have broken down all the monetary costs and implications of owning and operating these assets.

If i were to be a pastor whose ministry has reached a level of owning a private jet, these are the steps i would take.

1, I would try and seperate the personality of such aircraft from that of the church. The church is actually more of a 'SERVICE' firm where expenses are more justified than even revenue. Charitable expenses are more soothing to the ears of the public than expenses tied to assets like private jets. I as the pastor would set up a logistics firm to run the affairs of the aircraft and just make it look like my church engages the services of such logistics firm. Even as a Man of God, you still have to respect the emotions and feelings of the people.

2, Such an asset must generate income. Such income will service the expenses arising from the use of the asset and if there are excesses, add to the income and revenue of the church.

3, Funny enough, i feel that if such amount used to purchase such aircrafts could be invested into the aviation sector, i am very sure that these excuses of missed,late and cancelled flights would reduce drastically. It is just like what we do in our local habitat, you see someone whose is financially buoyant to develop his own street in form of developing the road. Instead, he feels more comfortable purchasing a very expensive s.u.v or truck worth millions. When asked why he took that decision, he will tell you that it is the function of the govt to do the road.

5, We are Nigerians and these selfish and self-centered traits are in us. Pastor, C.E.O and people in position to take such decisions all behave the same way.

You have said it all.

Nothing much to add.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? / Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God / Sincere Questions To Frosbel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.