Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,338 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets (34550 Views)

The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:20am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

It is you and a whole generation of tithe-lovers that are spreading ignorance. Jesus was never rich. His earthly father was a carpenter.

Paul was not promising the people he was talking to riches in money but riches in spirit. When did God become a money doubler?

Can you please show us proof where he said rich in spirit there.

Lol. This guy na comedian. Chai! I don see things. Why don't you read verse 14. And tell me how they gather and collect spirits together so there is no lack.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2015
jaymejate:

if i carry 1 jet give you, reject am o. smiley

I will sell the private jet.

Use a quarter to build a house for myself
Use another quarter to start a worthwile business
Use the remaining half to feed my village and support orphanages.

And that will be a better use of the private jet money!

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2015
jaymejate:

Hosea 4:6

no1 is slave to any1.
God is who i serve o.
Sha stay there giving reasons while every1 is moving on

I feel you bro.

I still have more scriptures to pump him with sef.

God is busy blessing his mates with mansions and private jets he is here talking.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:24am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I will sell the private jet.

Use a quarter to build a house for myself
Use another quarter to start a worthwile business
Use the remaining half to feed my village and support orphanages.

And that will be a better use of the private jet money!

You talk like that because you don't have a lot of responsibilities and are not a busy person.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:26am On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You talk like that because you don't have a lot of responsibilities and are not a busy person.

Really? It is ironic because you sound like a church rat to me- the kind of church usher that wears tattered shoes while worshipping his daddy GO.

grin grin no offense meant. I am a busy writer.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:29am On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Can you please show us proof where he said rich in spirit there.

Lol. This guy na comedian. Chai! I don see things. Why don't you read verse 14. And tell me how they gather and collect spirits together so there is no lack.

Paul was talking about giving. People can give different things money, seeds, labor, crops etc

Paul was talking about receiving. People can receive alot of things. Blessings, strong spirit, health, money.

You only assume that Paul was talking about money.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:29am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Really? It is ironic because you sound like a church rat to me- the kind of church usher that wears tattered shoes while worshipping his daddy GO.

grin grin no offense meant. I am a busy writer.

And so he goes over to insults grin

Busy writer that doesn't have meetings to attend around the globe?

I can even employ you to come and write for me. cool

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Paul was talking about giving. People can give different things money, seeds, labor, crops etc

Paul was talking about receiving. People can receive alot of things. Blessings, strong spirit, health, money.

You only assume that Paul was talking about money.

Even the title of that chapter says "Excel in giving"

So how will you give me a strong spirit?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

And so he goes over to insults grin

Busy writer that doesn't have meetings to attend around the globe?

I can even employ you to come and write for me. cool

Well, you started it.

You can employ me? cheesy Do you know who and what I write for??

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Well, you started it.

For the white house.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:35am On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Even the title of that chapter says "Excel in giving"

So how will you give me a strong spirit?

It surely didnt say "excel in giving money".

I can pray for you to grow in faith against the false doctrine of prosperity preaching wink

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

It surely didnt say "excel in giving money".

I can pray for you to grow in faith against the false doctrine of prosperity preaching wink

So it was talking of giving someone a strong spirit

Why don't you enlighten us on how that is done, O ye of advanced faith.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:40am On Sep 18, 2015
@jaymejate

Our OP here thought he could just come and give is his unscriptural opinions. Not knowing there are those that know what the scriptures say.

Unfortunately many gullible people will feed on his sermon.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jaymejate: 10:40am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Well, you started it.

you are a writer, which of your write up can you boast of?

Guy, you are very obnoxious.
wink

im leaving you with your reasons.

#just focus on your writing and stop wrting something like this, it will only demote you, seriously. Farewell
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:
@jaymejate

Our OP here thought he could just come and give is his unscriptural opinions. Not knowing there are those that know what the scriptures say.

Unfortunately many gullible people will feed on his sermon.

Private jets are scriptural abi? grin grin grin

lwkmd grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Private jets are scriptural abi? grin grin grin

lwkmd grin grin

Having a blog is scriptural abi?

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by joseph1832(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Well, you started it.

Bros please let him come and employ you and pay your fees, if I know his type, they're all about noise and noise, na social media there power dey and common sense, dem no get.

Abeg come and employ me too oh... And if what I said above is true, then you are a certified nincompoop. @jeromejnr and jaymeejate

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2015
joseph1832:
Bros please let him come and employ you and pay your fees, if I know his type, they're all about noise and noise, na social media there power dey and common sense, dem no get.

Abeg come and employ me too oh... And if what I said above is true, then you are a certified nincompoop. @jeromejnr

no mind am. grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 11:13am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

no mind am. grin grin

Haha!

Na for NL some people come dey make mouth because they wrote an article and it hit FP.

Chai! I don see things. Don't worry I am a very good critic, I will be watching out for your articles. cool

I see you couldn't even handle this one.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by CaptainJune: 11:14am On Sep 18, 2015
Pastors who own a private jet:

Bishop David Oyedepo

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor

Pastor Enoch Adeboye

Bishop Mike Okonkwo

Pastor Joseph Agboli

Non-clergy who own a private jet:

Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Aliko Dangote

Rotimi Amaechi

Daisy Danjuma (wife)

Theophilus Danjuma (husband)

Jimoh Ibrahim

Sam Iwuajoku

Wale Babalakin

Haija Bola Muinat Shagaya

Femi Otedola

Senator Ali Modu Sheriff

Mike Adenuga

P-Square

Mohammed Indimi

Godswill Akpabio

Folorunsho Alakija

Diezani Alison Madueke

Ifeanyi Ubah

Orji Uzor Kalu

Muazu Babangida Aliyu

Emeka Ofor

Gabriel Igbenedion

Musa adede

Tunde Folawiyo

Sunny Aku

Andy Uba

Arthur Eze

Bala Ibn Na'Allah

Aminu Dantata

Alex Iziyon

Ishiaka Rabiu

It is praise worthy and acceptable when politicians, oil barons, the rich acquire private jets. It is the norm.

The excess supply of dollars into the economy as a result of the acquisition and maintenance of jets of the non-clergy which weakens the naira is 'little' when compared with that of the clergy men who own a jet.

Jesus Christ rode on a donkey because He chose it as a means of transportation to Jerusalem. Does that mean He didn't make use of any other means of transportation besides a donkey? How clueless.

Private jets hamper evangelism being time consuming and requiring more effort and money than commercial flights yet you overlooked the expediency of elimination of delays or cancellation of flights, the non-refund of payment after it is made no longer becomes an issue, the unnecessary hike in ticket fees due to the variation of seasons is minimized, the problem of choosing or selecting destinations not included in the flight plans of commercial airlines no longer becomes a problem with private ownership. It is your kind that says evangelism in different parts of Lagos by commercial vehicles is cheaper and better than private ownership of vehicles.

Bad image. I laugh. You are not bothered about the bad image politicians and corrupt officials, the bulk of who own private jets, reflect on the country. You are more concerned about the image of clergymen who make up 16.1% of people I have listed who own a jet as a result of their acquisition of private jets to spread the gospel. I am really touched by your heartfelt concern.

If Christians try to defend the ownership of private jets by clergy men because of silly and baseless accusations coming from these hypocrites, then you will have to defend your acquisition of expensive clothes, houses, hotels, shares in a company, etc.

Even when a pastor is poor they term him a church rat. Now he is rich they term him a deceiver.
[/b]

8 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Haha!

Na for NL some people come dey make mouth because they wrote an article and it hit FP.

Chai! I don see things. Don't worry I am a very good critic, I will be watching out for your articles. cool

I see you couldn't even handle this one.

Did you address any of the five points in the op?

And this thread didnt make the front page (yet). Its quality made you think so wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 11:17am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Did you address any of the five points in the op?

And this thread didnt make the front page (yet). Its quality made you think so wink

I have seen some of your articles on FP. That's what I am talking bout.

You really want me to break down and criticise your points? When you can't even explain the questions you were asked.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2015
My friend CaptainJune you are welcome. grin

Now OP learn from him.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2015
CaptainJune:
Pastors who own a private jet:

Bishop David Oyedepo

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor

Pastor Enoch Adeboye

Bishop Mike Okonkwo

Pastor Joseph Agboli

Non-clergy who own a private jet:

Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Aliko Dangote

Rotimi Amaechi

Daisy Danjuma (wife)

Theophilus Danjuma (husband)

Jimoh Ibrahim

Sam Iwuajoku

Wale Babalakin

Haija Bola Muinat Shagaya

Femi Otedola

Senator Ali Modu Sheriff

Mike Adenuga

P-Square

Mohammed Indimi

Godswill Akpabio

Folorunsho Alakija

Diezani Alison Madueke

Ifeanyi Ubah

Orji Uzor Kalu

Muazu Babangida Aliyu

Emeka Ofor

Gabriel Igbenedion

Musa adede

Tunde Folawiyo

Sunny Aku

Andy Uba

Arthur Eze

Bala Ibn Na'Allah

Aminu Dantata

Alex Iziyon

Ishiaka Rabiu

It is praise worthy and acceptable when politicians, oil barons, the rich acquire private jets. It is the norm.

The excess supply of dollars into the economy as a result of the acquisition and maintenance of jets of the non-clergy which weakens the naira is 'little' when compared with that of the clergy men who own a jet.

Jesus Christ rode on a donkey because He chose it as a means of transportation to Jerusalem. Does that mean He didn't make use of any other means of transportation besides a donkey? How clueless.

Private jets hamper evangelism being time consuming and requiring more effort and money than commercial flights yet you overlooked the expediency of elimination of delays or cancellation of flights, the non-refund of payment after it is made no longer becomes an issue, the unnecessary hike in ticket fees due to the variation of seasons is minimized, the problem of choosing or selecting destinations not included in the flight plans of commercial airlines no longer becomes a problem with private ownership. It is your kind that says evangelism in different parts of Lagos by commercial vehicles is cheaper and better than private ownership of vehicles.

Bad image. I laugh. You are not bothered about the bad image politicians and corrupt officials, the bulk of who own private jets, reflect on the country. You are more concerned about the image of clergymen who make up 16.1% of people I have listed who own a jet as a result of their acquisition of private jets to spread the gospel. I am really touched by your heartfelt concern.

If Christians try to defend the ownership of private jets by clergy men because of silly and baseless accusations coming from these hypocrites, then you will have to defend your acquisition of expensive clothes, houses, hotels, shares in a company, etc.

Even when a pastor is poor they term him a church rat. Now he is rich they term him a deceiver.
[/size][/b]

Bros, what are you saying?

Who said that it is okay for corrupt politicians to waste money on private jets? No one. You are using strawmen to defend your private jet pastors.

You make a lot of excuses but the fact remains that commercial flights are cheaper and less stressful than owning a private jet. Oh and private jet flights get cancelled too. Or do you think having a private jet will allow you to force your pilots to fly in extreme weather conditions?

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 11:22am On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I have seen some of your articles on FP. That's what I am talking bout.

You really want me to break down and criticise your points? When you can't even explain the questions you were asked.

Bros, address the points int he op. Try am now grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 11:32am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Bros, address the points int he op. Try am now grin

Answer my questions first on the claims you posed. No dodge am.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by God2man(m): 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
Flight cancelled, Flight delayed, and Time wasting are the reasons behind the purchase of private jets for the clergy.

Do not say what you do not know.

God2man.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
God2man:
Flight cancelled, Flight delayed, and Time wasting are the reasons behind the purchase of private jets for the clergy.

Do not say what you do not know.

God2man.

Wait, private jets don't have delayed flights or cancelled flights? See this joker.

Nonsense upon nonsense. Soon, you will tell me that Rolls Royce car that your pastor drives doesnt breakdown.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Dindondin(m): 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP, if you like list 100 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets all I have to tell you is that " GO AND MAKE YOUR MONEY " and leave this men alone. If I have the money I will buy one for my Chief Imam too. We all need comfort. Both Prophet Isa/Jesus Christ ( PBUH ) and Prophet Mohammad ( PBUH ) laboured for us to enjoy. Jumat Mubaraq.
I ll still reply you after dinner
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by nayoubiko: 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2015
Tell them, IF THEY WILL HERE
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
With owning private jets being the new trend for Nigerian pastors at the moment, I keep wondering whether Jesus would agree to have one if He were in the shoes of these same pastors today. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye and Pastor T.B. Joshua are Nigerian pastors reported to have private jets.

As a christian who believes a lot in humility, I disagree with the ownership of such luxurious vessels in the name of evangelism. Here are the reasons why I feel that private jets are not necessary for christian leaders;

1) Diplomats and International business executives manage travelling a lot without it; there are many jobs that require a lot of travel such as being a diplomat or an international aid worker or a top level executive of an international firm. A lot of people travel frequently and globally as part of their job without the aid of a private jet and so, why can’t pastors do the same? Some of the rich business executives probably travel more than these pastors. Even the pope doesn’t own a private jet, and he is responsible for all catholic churches across the world! Honestly, it is hard to muster up an excuse for a pastor’s private jet when even the pope doesn’t own one.

2) Private jets actually hamper evangelism by consuming more time, effort and money than a commercial flight; The time and effort needed to maintain a private jet and keep it running is ridiculous when one considers the fact that a commercial flight is a far cheaper and less tedious service to use for global evangelism. As a private jet owner, you will have to think about numerous issues such as the pilot’s fees and demands, the scheduling of the maintenance or repairs of the plane, and also the international restrictions/laws regarding the flight of the private jet. This means that a private jet owner will have less time to think about preaching the word of God because of all the time and effort spent on the private jet’s issues. A first class commercial flight will only involve buying your ticket online, checking in and then going early for your flight- isn’t that just easier?

3) Jesus rode on donkeys and not on chariots; horses and chariots were the highest level of transport in biblical times but Jesus chose to humbly enter the city of Jerusalem with a donkey in what we know as the triumphal entry in the New Testament. Conversely, we have pastors riding on the highest levels of transports in the form of private jets that reeks of the very materialism that Jesus speaks against in Matthew 6;24.

4) Private jets are bad for the Nigerian economy; private jets and planes in general are not manufactured in Nigeria and so, a lot of the repairs and maintenance will require importation of labour and spare parts from countries like the USA or Canada. This also means that lot of transactions will be done in thousands of Dollars, rather than our local Naira. One can imagine the exorbitant cost to the Nigerian private jet owner if he or she has to pay the pilots, technicians and mechanics in Dollars given that the exchange rate doesn’t favour the Naira. Should a church really contribute to this leakage to our economy?

5) Private jets do not help the image of Nigerian leaders; one has to consider the bad image our Nigerian leaders have in the eyes of the foreign press- flamboyant and corrupt people who care little for the suffering of their impoverished masses. A pastor owning a private jet worth millions of dollars while many of his church members struggle to survive everyday is not going to help such an image. Whatever happened to the John the Baptist type of preachers who lived a chaste life not corrupted by the illusions of vanity? I think some of our religious leaders should learn from Jose Mujica, a man who chose a simple life despite wielding so much power and influence as the president of Uruguay.

http://allnaijablog.com/5-reasons-why-pastors-do-not-need-private-jets

cc lalasticlala, guk, manny4life, reptyle
since Jesus ride donkey, why you no ride donkey dey go were you won go undecided

My people perish because of lack of knowledge.

You rely lack knowledge boy!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? / Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.