Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (363045 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by allentee1(m): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2022
My man OsiEnterprise, once you complete filling the application form and successful upload of your passport data page and confirmation page. You will have to wait for the embassy to review your documents and send you a mail for appointment booking, I hope this address your concern.

We are expecting you here in Brazil my Spanish brother.

OsiEnterprise4:
Please I need the procedure to book appointment at the embassy in Lagos for visa application. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by OsiEnterprise4: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2022
allentee1:
My man OsiEnterprise, once you complete filling the application form and successful upload of your passport data page and confirmation page. You will have to wait for the embassy to review your documents and send you a mail for appointment booking, I hope this address your concern.

We are expecting you here in Brazil my Spanish brother.

Thank you my brother, ooh yes, cheers �
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by faithodia: 1:26am On Sep 26, 2022
Please I have a question. Is electricity constant in Brazil? Abi they use to take light like Nigeria?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by feelgoodstuffs(m): 6:49am On Sep 26, 2022
faithodia:
Please I have a question. Is electricity constant in Brazil? Abi they use to take light like Nigeria?

This kinda question makes me want to give you an e-slap… (just kidding) ordinary contonu, Ghana, Mali, Senegal, even that tiny Gambia have constant electricity and they are all in West Africa. Not to talk of a whole Brazil Haba!!!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Phamoo4u: 7:39am On Sep 26, 2022
faithodia:

Nooo they are using candles .....

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by faithodia: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2022
Phamoo4u:

Nooo they are using candles .....

Lol, don’t be harsh. I asked many people already and they said there was constant electricity. Then one Brazilian that lives in São Paulo told me no. I was na wondering what to believe which is why I came to ask here. I can’t assume any about any country that I have never been to. I have to rely on what others tell me and confirm it the more I meet people.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Duisburg: 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
Guys... on the application form. What does what do I fill as legal representative?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Duisburg: 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2022
feelgoodstuffs:

This kinda question makes me want to give you an e-slap… (just kidding) ordinary contonu, Ghana, Mali, Senegal, even that tiny Gambia have constant electricity and they are all in West Africa. Not to talk of a whole Brazil Haba!!!
Can I send you an email? Have some questions to ask regarding visa
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by ScalesDemy: 10:18am On Sep 29, 2022
Duisburg:

Can I send you an email? Have some questions to ask regarding visa
Is your Bsc without a Master's degree
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Duisburg: 11:55am On Sep 29, 2022
ScalesDemy:

Is your Bsc without a Master's degree
Yes, it is without it
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2022
Duisburg:

1. Having realised that the University of Sao Paulo is one of the top universities in the world, I developed interest in it.

2. I sent cold emails to the Graduate Program and the professors.

3. The Graduate Program sent me all the details I needed for my application and when the application would be opened (the next one for Master's or PhD in Physics Applied to Medicine and Biology would be opened in April).

3. The professors had interest in me, but I preferred a particular professor so, I went for him. We started working on my research proposal. I read my head out. I was also preparing for the entrance exam without which one cannot move to the next stage.

There were two stages:

Stage 1: Entrance exam.

I was asked to provide the details of a Professor here in Nigeria who would receive my questions. I sent them. They sent the professor on the day of the exam. The exam contained 12 questions. We were asked to answer five. It was set in the area of Biochemistry, Mathematics/Computer programming and Physics. Each question contained 2 marks. Making 10 marks in all. In this exam, candidates must score at least 6 to move to the next stage. I SCORED the minimum point required: 6.

Stage 2: Interview, CV assessment, undergraduate transcript assessment and project proposal assessment.

I think this was where I won their hearts. I blew the Interview. I had taken control of my proposal and so could talk confidently about it.

Just later that day after the interview, I was emailed to have been accepted for a Doctorate degree program in Physics Applied to Medicine and Biology with full scholarship.

PS: I only hold a BSc in Physics and it is second class lower.

God did!

Unified physics Examination... Is this the name of the exam you wrote?... If yes, kindly help me with the template of the question or the materials that can prepare someone for it.

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by GlobTrotter: 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
Hello gurus in the house, I just got to Brazil.

Please I want to find out which bank is the best bank to open an account as a Nigerian.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Phamoo4u: 12:47am On Oct 01, 2022
GlobTrotter:
Hello gurus in the house, I just got to Brazil.

Please I want to find out which bank is the best bank to open an account as a Nigerian.

Wow you are welcome broda......you land into dis cold weather.....that is nice just get your CFP first slow and steady ok ......
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Maxylopex: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2022
Please bro i need your contact i will be applying with my family too i need you to guild me thank you
Phamoo4u:
Good evening I will love to share my ideas here as well about the Brazil Tourist Visa

I submitted my family application and present my wife as house wife ..because she is into trading....

I presented my document with 8m account statement I do pay 500k into my account as salary with my cash just to build up my account statement
I have traveling to some country and also with my wife

I apply for just Normal tourist visa using hotels reservation and flights reservation and my wife was invited for interviewed after 1 month applied and I called to pick up my visa Last week

I arrived brazil last night... ..

Anyone who need assistance from me can easily hit me on my email address...

I want to appreciate everyone for their contribution and idea sharing to others ....big thanks to Toppy....for relating with me last night...
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by GlobTrotter: 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2022
Phamoo4u:

Wow you are welcome broda......you land into dis cold weather.....that is nice just get your CFP first slow and steady ok ......
thanks alot. I have gotten my CPF now and Protocol. I just want to get a small place not expensive.

Airbnb is quite expensive

The funny thing where I am now is far hotter than Naija. 37 degrees today... I will be coming down south to Sao Paulo or Rio Next Tuesday
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by loliapoopy2013(f): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2022
awash:
Hello all,
I'll be going for my PHD and have to go with my family and by wife is pregnant. need to know the cost or are there Nigerians in Brazil? Nigerians in the house who live in Brazil please make yourselves known.

Hi, how are you doing? are you now in Brazil? How is the family, I guess you are done with studies now.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by loliapoopy2013(f): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
Duisburg:

1. Having realised that the University of Sao Paulo is one of the top universities in the world, I developed interest in it.

2. I sent cold emails to the Graduate Program and the professors.

3. The Graduate Program sent me all the details I needed for my application and when the application would be opened (the next one for Master's or PhD in Physics Applied to Medicine and Biology would be opened in April).

3. The professors had interest in me, but I preferred a particular professor so, I went for him. We started working on my research proposal. I read my head out. I was also preparing for the entrance exam without which one cannot move to the next stage.

There were two stages:

Stage 1: Entrance exam.

I was asked to provide the details of a Professor here in Nigeria who would receive my questions. I sent them. They sent the professor on the day of the exam. The exam contained 12 questions. We were asked to answer five. It was set in the area of Biochemistry, Mathematics/Computer programming and Physics. Each question contained 2 marks. Making 10 marks in all. In this exam, candidates must score at least 6 to move to the next stage. I SCORED the minimum point required: 6.

Stage 2: Interview, CV assessment, undergraduate transcript assessment and project proposal assessment.

I think this was where I won their hearts. I blew the Interview. I had taken control of my proposal and so could talk confidently about it.

Just later that day after the interview, I was emailed to have been accepted for a Doctorate degree program in Physics Applied to Medicine and Biology with full scholarship.

PS: I only hold a BSc in Physics and it is second class lower.

God did!

Congratulations bro, this is quite inspiring. Did you do a language test in the Portuguese ( celpras) before your school professors contacted you? Will you be taught in English? And are there master's programs taught in English? Please kindly provide me with these answers. Portugal has stopped any kind of visa application from Nigeria.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by loliapoopy2013(f): 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2022
untamedd:

1. Yes, I know a few people. I thought the age limit was 10 years but someone here said 12/13 so I’m not so sure. The child must be enrolled in a school in Brazil, the process is relatively fast if you have all the requirements. You can check the Brazilian govt website for more details.

2. It’s not easy to get a Nanny here due to language barrier and most Nigerians are not willing due to bad past experience, however, you may be lucky to find one. If you want to bring someone from Nigeria, you can apply for tourist visa. They can only stay for a maximum of 180 days and won’t be entitled to permanent residency except they are grandparents or siblings of the Brazilian child.

3. Private hospitals range from R$17,000 to R$22,000. You pay obstetrician seperately between R$3000 to R$5000. Públic Hospitals are free. Same level of professionalism but private hospitals are generally more conducive. Black market rate is R$135/140 to 1 naira, USD 5.1 to 1 reas. It changes from time to time

4. Accommodation is generally not cheap in São Paulo especially for short stays. If you’re looking for something decent, your budget is USD$1000 upwards per month for an entire apartment. You might get lower but I doubt considering it’s summer soon. Nice and safe residential areas include Vila Mariana, Vila Olympia, Itaim Bibi Brooklin, Jardins, Pinheiros, Morumbi. Morumbi is home to popular private hospitals.
You might get cheaper accommodation (probably) in places at Centro, like Republica, Bela Vista, Consolação, Se etc but you may not like the sight of homeless people on the streets. Check Airbnb for options

5. I don’t know any.

Am researching for English taught master's programs in Brazil. Will I need a language test in Portuguese to gain admission to any Brazilian University? Will my family be allowed to travel with me as dependents? Are there jobs for hustling Nigerians? Please, kindly respond to me
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Duisburg: 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2022
peppo4live:

Unified physics Examination... Is this the name of the exam you wrote?... If yes, kindly help me with the template of the question or the materials that can prepare someone for it.

Thanks
No, but you can also write that.

However, the exam I wrote was set based on my chosen course, Physics Applied to Medicine and Biology (in my case).

I Know for someone who wants to study Master's or PhD Microbiology at the same school (University of Sao Paulo) will attempt a test set centrally about Microbiology. This one doesn't even require one to write any proposal or email any professor). Only the test.

The total questions, as usual, would be 12. One needs to answer answer 5. Each question carries 2 points, making 10 total marks. A candidate needs to score a total of 7/10, and he'd be admitted with a scholarship.

Don't sleep on it, their exams are very tough. But it isn't, of course, for a willing mind.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Duisburg: 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2022
loliapoopy2013:

Congratulations bro, this is quite inspiring. Did you do a language test in the Portuguese ( celpras) before your school professors contacted you? Will you be taught in English? And are there master's programs taught in English? Please kindly provide me with these answers. Portugal has stopped any kind of visa application from Nigeria.
I will be taught in English. I did everything I did in English.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2022
Duisburg:

No, but you can also write that.

However, the exam I wrote was set based on my chosen course, Physics Applied to Medicine and Biology (in my case).

I Know for someone who wants to study Master's or PhD Microbiology at the same school (University of Sao Paulo) will attempt a test set centrally about Microbiology. This one doesn't even require one to write any proposal or email any professor). Only the test.

The total questions, as usual, would be 12. One needs to answer answer 5. Each question carries 2 points, making 10 total marks. A candidate needs to score a total of 7/10, and he'd be admitted with a scholarship.

Don't sleep on it, their exams are very tough. But it isn't, of course, for a willing mind.

Thanks... I am considering theoretical physics
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Phamoo4u: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
GlobTrotter:
thanks alot. I have gotten my CPF now and Protocol. I just want to get a small place not expensive.

Airbnb is quite expensive

The funny thing where I am now is far hotter than Naija. 37 degrees today... I will be coming down south to Sao Paulo or Rio Next Tuesday

Hello are you alone or with your family....Inbox me let hang out at sao Paulo....
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2022
loliapoopy2013:

Am researching for English taught master's programs in Brazil. Will I need a language test in Portuguese to gain admission to any Brazilian University? Will my family be allowed to travel with me as dependents? Are there jobs for hustling Nigerians? Please, kindly respond to me

Hello,

I don’t think there are specifically English taught programs but your professors will allow you do your work in English and you can also communicate with them in English. That’s how most foreign students do it. You won’t need a language test in Portuguese but there’s a Portuguese class you have to take and complete within the first year of your study. Some courses require language tests in English, check your course for specific requirements.

Yes, your family is allowed to come with you as dependents.

Sincerely, it’s not easy to get jobs here if you don’t speak Portuguese. Outside the university environment, most people can’t speak English so it’s solely Portuguese. The good thing is you’re entitled to study grants even as a foreign student and it’s a good sum. You can also get international remote jobs that will pay you as well.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by GlobTrotter: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2022
Phamoo4u:

Hello are you alone or with your family....Inbox me let hang out at sao Paulo....
no wahala bro, that will be nice. I came here alone.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by loliapoopy2013(f): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2022
untamedd:

Hello,

I don’t think there are specifically English taught programs but your professors will allow you do your work in English and you can also communicate with them in English. That’s how most foreign students do it. You won’t need a language test in Portuguese but there’s a Portuguese class you have to take and complete within the first year of your study. Some courses require language tests in English, check your course for specific requirements.

Sincerely, it’s not easy to get jobs here if you don’t speak Portuguese. Outside the university environment, most people can’t speak English so it’s solely Portuguese. The good thing is you’re entitled to study grants even as a foreign student and it’s a good sum. You can also get international remote jobs that will pay you as well.

Thanks for your prompt response. Kindky clarify me on questions. Do I need an agent to help me secure admission or it's do it yourself? Please can you tell me what us involved in securing admission?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Duisburg: 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
untamedd:

Hello,

Hey, Untamedd, are you studying in Brazil? If yes, I have some questions to ask you please. Can I send you an email?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by ScalesDemy: 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2022
Duisburg:

Hey, Untamedd, are you studying in Brazil? If yes, I have some questions to ask you please. Can I send you an email?
You can ask here
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2022
loliapoopy2013:

Thanks for your prompt response. Kindky clarify me on questions. Do I need an agent to help me secure admission or it's do it yourself? Please can you tell me what us involved in securing admission?

You’re welcome.

You don’t need an agent, you’ll do it yourself. Most 2023 application are probably already in progress but depending on your course, you might be lucky to find it still open. Some require you to email a professor directly and some require you to write general exams and interviews or both. You can email the professors in English.

http://www.prpg.usp.br/index.php/pt-br/faca-pos-na-usp/programas-de-pos-graduacao

That’s the link to the list of post graduate courses at the University of São Paulo, use google chrome browser or any browser that can translate the page. Once you click on your desired course, it will take you to the program’s website, look for “Selection Process” from the site options, that’s where you’ll find the application details. It’s usually in PDF form and downloadable but in Portuguese. You can use google document translator to translate it to English

Once you get the information, just follow the application steps.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2022
Duisburg:

I’m not studying in Brazil but I was on the verge of applying for a program. I have Nigerian friends who are studying though. You can send an email or ask here.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
loliapoopy2013:

https://www.io.usp.br/index.php/pos-graduacao/programa-de-pos-graduacao/edital-2022-mestrado.html

For example, this is a link to the application criteria page for Masters in Oceanography. Application is still open till 28th of this month.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by loliapoopy2013(f): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2022
untamedd:

You’re welcome.

You don’t need an agent, you’ll do it yourself. Most 2023 application are probably already in progress but depending on your course, you might be lucky to find it still open. Some require you to email a professor directly and some require you to write general exams and interviews or both. You can email the professors in English.

http://www.prpg.usp.br/index.php/pt-br/faca-pos-na-usp/programas-de-pos-graduacao

That’s the link to the list of post graduate courses at the University of São Paulo, use google chrome browser or any browser that can translate the page. Once you click on your desired course, it will take you to the program’s website, look for “Selection Process” from the site options, that’s where you’ll find the application details. It’s usually in PDF form and downloadable but in Portuguese. You can use google document translator to translate it to English

Once you get the information, just follow the application steps.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your effort. Please can I have your email, so I can ask so more questions? Pleeease!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Duisburg: 9:20am On Oct 03, 2022
untamedd:

I’m not studying in Brazil but I was on the verge of applying for a program. I have Nigerian friends who are studying though. You can send an email or ask here.
Must I notarize my documents by the approved notary public lawyers approved by the embassy or can someone choose any other notary close by?

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (184) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.