Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (356052 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by GlobTrotter: 12:09am On Sep 11, 2022
collarfreak:

6million
oh wow. How come that was not enough
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by ugsams(m): 6:58am On Sep 11, 2022
Finally up to date again. Been on this thread since the first page and haven't made it to Brazil. By God's grace I will this time. Please I have couple of questions that I need clarification.

1) has anyone been able to get the Brazilian citizenship for their child that was born outside of Brazil on the basis of their newborn child in Brazil? If yes, how long did it take?

2) How easy is it to get the services of a nanny or support from Nigeria after childbirth? Like someone to assist with bathing the baby or providing basic care for my wife?

3) What's the birthing cost like at this moment, preferably in a place like Sao Paulo? Can someone highlight some of the expenses and cost?

4) Which part of the city (Sao Paulo) is highly recommended for safety, ease of access and decent cost of rentals?

5) Any WhatsApp/Telegram group for Nigerians birthing or living in Brazil?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by pufframmy: 11:07am On Sep 11, 2022
and was it a legis statement Sir

collarfreak:

6million
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by collarfreak(m): 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
pufframmy:
and was it a legis statement Sir

The error is not about the issue of money
Very legit
This is not the answer I needed for my question
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Tope2580(m): 10:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
ugsams:
Finally up to date again. Been on this thread since the first page and haven't made it to Brazil. By God's grace I will this time. Please I have couple of questions that I need clarification.

1) has anyone been able to get the Brazilian citizenship for their child that was born outside of Brazil on the basis of their newborn child in Brazil? If yes, how long did it take?

2) How easy is it to get the services of a nanny or support from Nigeria after childbirth? Like someone to assist with bathing the baby or providing basic care for my wife?

3) What's the birthing cost like at this moment, preferably in a place like Sao Paulo? Can someone highlight some of the expenses and cost?

4) Which part of the city (Sao Paulo) is highly recommended for safety, ease of access and decent cost of rentals?

1) Yes, so far the child is not above 12/13 years. He/she will get it same time with the parents.
2)some people on this thread offer this service. Contact Techspot for more info.
3)Fortunately, in public hospitals nah FREE. You will be given free food and pampers during your stay in the hospital.
4) Paulista is the best! If you have the money. Ask Feelgoodstuff lol

You’re welcome
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MoAdiya: 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2022
Good Day all,

Could someone help me with the following as I will be traveling to give birth

1. a doctor and hospital in Rio
2. affordable accommodation for 6-8weeks
3. a contact that can guide me all through my stay (a Nigerian female)

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:27am On Sep 13, 2022
Tope2580:

1) Yes, so far the child is not above 12/13 years. He/she will get it same time with the parents.
2)some people on this thread offer this service. Contact Techspot for more info.
3)Fortunately, in public hospitals nah FREE. You will be given free food and pampers during your stay in the hospital.
4) Paulista is the best! If you have the money. Ask Feelgoodstuff lol

You’re welcome

cheesy cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MoAdiya: 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
MoAdiya:
Good Day all,

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2022
ugsams:

1. Yes, I know a few people. I thought the age limit was 10 years but someone here said 12/13 so I’m not so sure. The child must be enrolled in a school in Brazil, the process is relatively fast if you have all the requirements. You can check the Brazilian govt website for more details.

2. It’s not easy to get a Nanny here due to language barrier and most Nigerians are not willing due to bad past experience, however, you may be lucky to find one. If you want to bring someone from Nigeria, you can apply for tourist visa. They can only stay for a maximum of 180 days and won’t be entitled to permanent residency except they are grandparents or siblings of the Brazilian child.

3. Private hospitals range from R$17,000 to R$22,000. You pay obstetrician seperately between R$3000 to R$5000. Públic Hospitals are free. Same level of professionalism but private hospitals are generally more conducive. Black market rate is R$135/140 to 1 naira, USD 5.1 to 1 reas. It changes from time to time

4. Accommodation is generally not cheap in São Paulo especially for short stays. If you’re looking for something decent, your budget is USD$1000 upwards per month for an entire apartment. You might get lower but I doubt considering it’s summer soon. Nice and safe residential areas include Vila Mariana, Vila Olympia, Itaim Bibi Brooklin, Jardins, Pinheiros, Morumbi. Morumbi is home to popular private hospitals.
You might get cheaper accommodation (probably) in places at Centro, like Republica, Bela Vista, Consolação, Se etc but you may not like the sight of homeless people on the streets. Check Airbnb for options

5. I don’t know any.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Phamoo4u: 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
ugsams:

Hello dude the kids you brought from 9Ja will get the permanent resident permit 9/10yrs same day their parent submit dia application to the federal....while its will take just 4/6 month to get dos kids Brazilian international passport if they are not upto 11yrs ...but if they are above 11yrs....dat means they wil get it after they can speak and understand Portuguese language...
The both parent can get permanent resident permit when ever they submit dia new born baby documents....while it's take the both parents to get brazilian international passport after 1 year and they must be able to speak and understand Portuguese..

Becus they will be called for interview before they can be granted Brazilian passport
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2022
MoAdiya:
Good Day all,

Thank you

I don’t know much about Rio, I just want to say you should consider São Paulo. Rio is best for tourist activities mostly and less safer than SP.

If you need a doctor in SP, check princessjecoco’s IG page, she left her doctor’s contact sometimes back.

For accommodation, use Airbnb.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Phamoo4u: 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2022
ugsams:

To your others questions....I don't really know about nanny stuff in brazil but concerning the hospital cost on Birth package....well most people here Make used of state hospital/public hospital because is free and safe as well ....I feel there is no much difference between public and private ....

If you are paying for private hospital in brazil .I believe you are just paying for special room and photograph....because same delivery take place at both side and public is free and everyone get free health care in brazil .

Accommodation depends on your location ans type of accommodation.....
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by ally08055(m): 11:13am On Sep 15, 2022
collarfreak:

6million
What did u apply for...
Cos the word your statement is relative...
Its might mean the job you do cant justify your statement.....

Can also mean your statement cant carry u for your itinerary in brazil...

Also is it 6 or 3 months statement?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MoAdiya: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
Thank you for your response, can I reach out to you personally? if yes, kindly share email.

untamedd:

I don’t know much about Rio, I just want to say you should consider São Paulo. Rio is best for tourist activities mostly and less safer than SP.

If you need a doctor in SP, check princessjecoco’s IG page, she left her doctor’s contact sometimes back.

For accommodation, use Airbnb.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Seunara38: 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2022
*What's the wait period to get the Brazilian baby passport issued?
*Is it safe travelling to Brazil during the election period?
*Does an extended visa in brazil guarantee exit and return to Brazil ?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by obainoaj(m): 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2022
Hello, please I have been reading about women getting invitations to see if they are pregnant, my wife is pregnant and I want to apply for tourist visa so she can give birth there. What are the chances of visa approval? Please advise me
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by faithodia: 12:15am On Sep 20, 2022
I don't know how far along she is in her pregnancy, but based on the comments here, I suggest you apply ASAP. The earlier the better.

To be on the safe side you can also apply to Mexico and Argentina. Documents you need are likely to be the same.

If non of them works out, try Barbados. But I think for this you may need a UK transit visa. If you figure out another method to travel through another country without a transit visa that would also be good.

obainoaj:
Hello, please I have been reading about women getting invitations to see if they are pregnant, my wife is pregnant and I want to apply for tourist visa so she can give birth there. What are the chances of visa approval? Please advise me

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by GlobTrotter: 12:54am On Sep 20, 2022
faithodia:
I don't know how far along she is in her pregnancy, but based on the comments here, I suggest you apply ASAP. The earlier the better.

To be on the safe side you can also apply to Mexico and Argentina. Documents you need are likely to be the same.

If non of them works out, try Barbados. But I think for this you may need a UK transit visa. If you figure out another method to travel through another country without a transit visa that would also be good.

you can travel through Cuba to Barbados. But you have to get the Cuban visa which is something else entirely
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ogborokiri(m): 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
I see Brazil is for only people giving birth i was thinking I can go there to start a new life any advice
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Phamoo4u: 10:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
Ogborokiri:
I see Brazil is for only people giving birth i was thinking I can go there to start a new life any advice

Helo brazil is not for pipo giving birth along ooh....it's just dat giving birth in Brazil give you fast way to become citizens of Brazil ..

Many guys are here in brazil doing dis business...so guys use brazil as transit to move to Yankee and people get Citizens via arranging package with brazil pinkin wey be lady to get citizenship

Brazil is safe place for me and their police no de look for you if u don't touch dia uniform �

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Phelixblaq(m): 8:37am On Sep 21, 2022
Why is it that majority of people returning from this country are always coming with drugs?? Am beginning to think otherwise oo
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Mummywifey: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2022
Phelixblaq:
Why is it that majority of people returning from this country are always coming with drugs?? Am beginning to think otherwise oo

Loool I noticed as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (180) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.