Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (356102 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Howlee12: 10:42pm On May 05, 2020
@alejo10, thanks for the information you have been providing here.. I really appreciate it.. me and my wife are planing to have our second child in Brazil. My question is our existing child is under 5yrs , and we all going as a family , do we have to wait till our first child reach majority stag I mean age 18 to confirm he will remain Brazilian before we can apply for his passport or he can be grant passport while we process ours within 2yrs. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 3:16pm On May 06, 2020
Howlee12:
@alejo10, thanks for the information you have been providing here.. I really appreciate it.. me and my wife are planing to have our second child in Brazil. My question is our existing child is under 5yrs , and we all going as a family , do we have to wait till our first child reach majority stag I mean age 18 to confirm he will remain Brazilian before we can apply for his passport or he can be grant passport while we process ours within 2yrs. Thanks

Hello Howlee12. I wish you and your family all the best and success. Your first child qualified for Provisional citizenship the moment your second child is born. Your first child gets the same passport as your second child. No difference. The only difference is that your first child will have to confirm when he or she is 18 years wether he or she will like to remain Brazilian.

By the way, you qualify for citizenship after spending 1 year in Brazil and not 2 years. You qualify i said but you must be able to speak meduim Level Portuguese as part of the requirement. You can definitely learn it in 1 year if you want to.

If you plan living in Brazil, i will advice waiting for your first child to get citizenship along with you after 1 year. That way, there is no burden on your first child to confirm 18 years from now. You don’t know where he or she will be by that time and you don’t want that burden on your child as well as risking any future change in the law that may affect your first child. 18 years is a long time. Any change in the rules may happen.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by debo1990: 10:45pm On May 06, 2020
Good day to you all in the house.
having read the thread from the beginning to the end, I will still appreciate if someone can explain some gray area to me as am about to apply immediately after this lockdown.
firstly, I have a citizen in brazil that is willing to give me letter of invitation. so I will like to know if it will make sence to make hotel reservations along with the invitation letter.

secondly, I want to know if my work appointment letter can also serve as my introduction letter.

thanks in advance for the response
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Toyin2003: 9:45am On May 18, 2020
@Adjo

Thank you for the job you are doing.

Please i will like to know if a child born in Brazil will be entitled to any social benefits from the government until a certain age.

Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 8:18am On May 21, 2020
Toyin2003:
@Adjo

Please i will like to know if a child born in Brazil will be entitled to any social benefits from the government until a certain age.

Thank you.

Hello Toyin2003. In order for you to deeply understand the answer, you first need to understand Brazil as a whole. Unlike the US, UK etc, Brazil runs a Social-Capitalist system. This means that, government revenues are redistributed to everyone. Hospitals, medicines, education, school uniforms and food in school are totally free. In short, the Brazilian system itself is a “social benefit”. The government do run some additional social benefits system but I’m more than convince that if you are able to afford a flight ticket to Brazil and give birth, you are wayyyyy above the minimum wage requirement for your child to get social benefits.

One last thing is that, Brazil is looking for people who will add to the economy. Work hard, pay taxes and add value to the country. I will highly recommend not even thinking of social benefits but rather thinking of how to help Brazil become a better country than we found it.

Cheers

8 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Shallypop(f): 12:13pm On May 26, 2020
Toyin2003:
@Adjo

Thank you.

You are one of the people spoiling Nigeria. You haven't even stepped out , you are thinking of social benefit. Tell your country Nigeria to give you social benefit. Annoying post.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by stevewaugh786: 6:51pm On May 28, 2020
Adjo10:

Hello Howlee12. I wish you and your family all the best and success. Your first child qualified for Provisional citizenship the moment your second child is born. Your first child gets the same passport as your second child. No difference. The only difference is that your first child will have to confirm when he or she is 18 years wether he or she will like to remain Brazilian.

By the way, you qualify for citizenship after spending 1 year in Brazil and not 2 years. You qualify i said but you must be able to speak meduim Level Portuguese as part of the requirement. You can definitely learn it in 1 year if you want to.

If you plan living in Brazil, i will advice waiting for your first child to get citizenship along with you after 1 year. That way, there is no burden on your first child to confirm 18 years from now. You don’t know where he or she will be by that time and you don’t want that burden on your child as well as risking any future change in the law that may affect your first child. 18 years is a long time. Any change in the rules may happen.

Cheers

What difference does it make as the child is still a minor and getting the citizenship due to the parents? How come applying citizenship with parents after completing one year won't make the child to re-confirm his intent upon reaching age of majority?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 8:56pm On May 29, 2020
stevewaugh786:

What difference does it make as the child is still a minor and getting the citizenship due to the parents? How come applying citizenship with parents after completing one year won't make the child to re-confirm his intent upon reaching age of majority?

I will answer your question with an example. Nigeria does not grant citizenship by “birth”. We became Nigerians because our parents were Nigerians. No one has required us to confirm our citizenship. Well... the same applies to Brazil.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by stevewaugh786: 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
Adjo10:

I will answer your question with an example. Nigeria does not grant citizenship by “birth”. We became Nigerians because our parents were Nigerians. No one has required us to confirm our citizenship. Well... the same applies to Brazil.

Thank you. However, it's still not clear to me. You mean to say once the parents become brazilians, their children automatically become brazilians too? Since we haven't applied provisional naturalization for them, what do we have to do for them to become brazilians as well without having to conform to it after turning 18?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
stevewaugh786:

Thank you. However, it's still not clear to me. You mean to say once the parents become brazilians, their children automatically become brazilians too? Since we haven't applied provisional naturalization for them, what do we have to do for them to become brazilians as well without having to conform to it after turning 18?

Yes you got it right. The child applies for citizenship together with the parents after all of you meet the requirements. That way you are all naturalized as Brazilians and there is no need for the child to confirm in the future.

Of course the child will be excepted from language and other requirements.

Cheers
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by HoliMaree: 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
femmy2010:
Jesu, so it is brazil people go to now ?

I'm shocked as well

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by klever18(m): 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
HoliMaree:

I'm shocked as well
but Brazil still better pass naija in many ways

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by HoliMaree: 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
klever18:
but Brazil still better pass naija in many ways

Brazil crime rate is out of this world. Day light crime for Brazil no be here. We de learn work for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by klever18(m): 6:34am On Jun 03, 2020
HoliMaree:

Brazil crime rate is out of this world. Day light crime for Brazil no be here. We de learn work for Nigeria.
atleast dem get light,health care,good road and etc

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by BarristerAlarig: 2:31am On Jun 07, 2020
klever18:
atleast dem get light,health care,good road and etc

And Brazilian passport is visa free to the EU.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
Yes it is Brazil that people are going to now. A country with 204 million criminals, yet they have visa free access to 171 countries and territories. They have visa free access to every single European countries including Russia, which even the US passport cannot go to. Oooh also, the safest countries in the world thus Norway, Sweden, Germany and Finland have granted visa free entry to these 204 million criminals and poor people yet they have not killed all the Germans. These people are slow.

By the way, these 204 million people are soo criminal that they are the world 6th biggest and largest economy. How the hell did they get to be part of the G 20? I don’t even understand. I wonder why the whole 204 million poor and criminals have not all fled to Europe, South Korea and New Zealand since they don’t need visas.

By the way, you said “Jesu” in your post, Christ the redeemer is located in that country with 204 million criminals and it happens to be 1 of the 7 wonders of the world. Maybe you should pray to him for forgiveness lol.

I wonder why the world allows such hungry people to have the second largest number of airports in the world aside USA. And have the 4th world largest number of sky scrapers. I guess, the used crime money to build them.

204 million criminals, yet they are all not dead. They have free health care with better hospital facilities that can rival those in Europe, free education with many of their universities making the top 100 universities in the world. Maybe the lecturers too are criminals.

They are soo criminal that Americans (Running away from high taxes and Donald Trump) and British Citizens (who see a Brazilian passport as a way to give they children access to the EU after Brexit) are now flooding their country to give their child a Brazilian passport. I guess these parents want their children to become criminals.

6.4 million tourists visit Brazil each year. About half of them die each year due to criminal acts lol. Worse than Coronavirus.

By the way, all the world cups that this country won was as a result of crime money lol. Neymar, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho are from Zimbabwe not Brazil. Brazilians are too poor and hungry to play football.

Yes... e be Brazil we dey go now. We all want to be criminals lol

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Casserole(f): 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
@Adjo10 don't waste time replying those kids
2 things I have realized on travel section

50% of the people giving advice are kids who have never been out of the country b4 they only have access to the Internet and watch cnn
Most nigerians are not looking for comfort they're only LOOKING for big names like USA CANADA AUSTRALIA so they can intimidate others back home they rather do odd jobs in those places than go where they can live quiet and tranquil life

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by BarristerAlarig: 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
Adjo10:
Yes it is Brazil that people are going to now. A country with 204 million criminals, yet they have visa free access to 171 countries and territories. They have visa free access to every single European countries including Russia, which even the US passport cannot go to. Oooh also, the safest countries in the world thus Norway, Sweden, Germany and Finland have granted visa free entry to these 204 million criminals and poor people yet they have not killed all the Germans. These people are slow.

By the way, these 204 million people are soo criminal that they are the world 6th biggest and largest economy. How the hell did they get to be part of the G 20? I don’t even understand. I wonder why the whole 204 million poor and criminals have not all fled to Europe, South Korea and New Zealand since they don’t need visas.

By the way, you said “Jesu” in your post, Christ the redeemer is located in that country with 204 million criminals and it happens to be 1 of the 7 wonders of the world. Maybe you should pray to him for forgiveness lol.

I wonder why the world allows such hungry people to have the second largest number of airports in the world aside USA. And have the 4th world largest number of sky scrapers. I guess, the used crime money to build them.

204 million criminals, yet they are all not dead. They have free health care with better hospital facilities that can rival those in Europe, free education with many of their universities making the top 100 universities in the world. Maybe the lecturers too are criminals.

They are soo criminal that Americans (Running away from high taxes and Donald Trump) and British Citizens (who see a Brazilian passport as a way to give they children access to the EU after Brexit) are now flooding their country to give their child a Brazilian passport. I guess these parents want their children to become criminals.

6.4 million tourists visit Brazil each year. About half of them die each year due to criminal acts lol. Worse than Coronavirus.

By the way, all the world cups that this country won was as a result of crime money lol. Neymar, *Ronaldo*, Ronaldinho are from Zimbabwe not Brazil. Brazilians are too poor and hungry to play football.

Ronaldo is Portuguese not Brazilian.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
Casserole:
@Adjo10 don't waste time replying those kids
2 things I have realized on travel section

50% of the people giving advice are kids who have never been out of the country b4 they only have access to the Internet and watch cnn
Most nigerians are not looking for comfort they're only LOOKING for big names like USA CANADA AUSTRALIA so they can intimidate others back home they rather do odd jobs in those places than go where they can live quiet and tranquil life

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 11:09am On Jun 08, 2020
Adjo10:
Lmao, your level of pettiness. Bravo! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Phamoo4u: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
Yeah is very nice to give birth in Brazil and Mexico. Because they do issue permanent resident to both parents after three to six month.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by dyydxx: 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

Ronaldo de Lima not Cristiano Ronaldo
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by dyydxx: 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
Adjo10:

By the way, all the world cups that this country won was as a result of crime money lol. Neymar, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho are from Zimbabwe not Brazil. Brazilians are too poor and hungry to play football.

Spot on. Nothing more too add, although British citizens coming because of brexit perplexed me. After Brexit, only the work right is cancelled, they will still have Visa free access to EU just for 3 or 6 months. It's not clear which is which at this point. So they dont need to come to Brazil to get that
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
dyydxx:

Spot on. Nothing more too add, although British citizens coming because of brexit perplexed me. After Brexit, only the work right is cancelled, they will still have Visa free access to EU just for 3 or 6 months. It's not clear which is which at this point. So they dont need to come to Brazil to get that

You are absolutely right. The philosophy behind British and Americans giving birth in Brazil is that, their child still get to keep their parents citizenship anyway and get at the same time a valuable passport that is drama free. Because the Brazilian passport takes them to many of the countries their passport can take them, it is advantageous to use the Brazilian passport because “nobody hate Brazilians”. If there is a plane hijacking, their child will probably get away alive with their Brazilian passport rather than an American or British one. While other nations always watch around their shoulders, A Brazilian does not have to. No one cares about terrorizing a Brazilian.

It is a security policy for them. Their child will probably feel comfortable walking the streets of Cairo, Mogadishu, Cuba or Russia without any fear.

The second issue is about tax. America taxes it’s citizens no matter where they live or work. In most cases you pay double taxes. The tax in the country you are working in and tax in the USA. Developed countries have agreements with US to automatically deduct the tax and send it to the IRS in the USA. Considering that taxes in Europe are already around 25-40 % + 10-30% tax for US, you can imagine how much you will be left with.

A Brazilian passport solves that. When you are employed in Europe, you show up your Brazilian Passport. Brazilian does not tax its citizens working outside. You get to stay “American” and Brazilian whiles you enjoy your full salary or other income if you are an entrepreneur.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
Just a word of caution. I sometimes make it look like Brazil is the best country in the world but it is not. Brazil has it own problems and a lot of them. Other countries too have their own problems. If you come to Brazil, you may and may not like it. I am just someone who likes looking at the positive side of things but don’t get me wrong, Brazil has it own problems.

I am grateful that this wonderful country welcomed me and family with open arms.

Please make your own research before you come here. Do not rely on only what i tell you here. I am human and i make mistakes. I also look at things from a specific perspective.

Cheers

12 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by BarristerAlarig: 12:04am On Jun 09, 2020
dyydxx:

Ronaldo de Lima not Cristiano Ronaldo

angry angry Next time, don't just write Ronaldo. There's only one Ronaldo. The real G.O.A.T.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by drviva(f): 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Adjo10:
Just a word of caution. I sometimes make it look like Brazil is the best country in the world but it is not. Brazil has it own problems and a lot of them. Other countries too have their own problems. If you come to Brazil, you may and may not like it. I am just someone who likes looking at the positive side of things but don’t get me wrong, Brazil has it own problems.

I am grateful that this wonderful country welcomed me and family with open arms.

Please make your own research before you come here. Do not rely on only what i tell you here. I am human and i make mistakes. I also look at things from a specific perspective.

Cheers

Does anyone have a clue when they are going to resume work at the embassy?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Adjo10:

You are absolutely right. The philosophy behind British and Americans giving birth in Brazil is that, their child still get to keep their parents citizenship anyway and get at the same time a valuable passport that is drama free. Because the Brazilian passport takes them to many of the countries their passport can take them, it is advantageous to use the Brazilian passport because “nobody hate Brazilians”. If there is a plane hijacking, their child will probably get away alive with their Brazilian passport rather than an American or British one. While other nations always watch around their shoulders, A Brazilian does not have to. No one cares about terrorizing a Brazilian.

It is a security policy for them. Their child will probably feel comfortable walking the streets of Cairo, Mogadishu, Cuba or Russia without any fear.

The second issue is about tax. America taxes it’s citizens no matter where they live or work. In most cases you pay double taxes. The tax in the country you are working in and tax in the USA. Developed countries have agreements with US to automatically deduct the tax and send it to the IRS in the USA. Considering that taxes in Europe are already around 25-40 % + 10-30% tax for US, you can imagine how much you will be left with.

A Brazilian passport solves that. When you are employed in Europe, you show up your Brazilian Passport. Brazilian does not tax its citizens working outside. You get to stay “American” and Brazilian whiles you enjoy your full salary or other income if you are an entrepreneur.

Lol which Brazilian passport are you comparing to US or British passport ? The same Brazilians I see here?

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
justwise:

Lol which Brazilian passport are you comparing to US or British passport ? The same Brazilians I see here?

Hello justwise, the Brazilian passport can take you to every country a US passport can take you to except, Japan, Canada and Australia. In return however, the Brazilian passport can take you to Russia, Turkey, Cuba and Iran which US and British passport holders need visa to. You can also stay in the UK visa free with a Brazilian passport for 6 months in 1 year + 3 additional months in Ireland.

I am not saying one is better than the other and i don’t compare countries. All i am saying is that they can replace each other to a very large extent especially when it comes to Europe. You will be better off working in Europe as a Brazilian than a US citizen because of tax implications.

Well... you have the internet, you can confirm it for yourself. I usually find it very difficult to make sense to a lot of people, please forgive my ignorance. I have lived on 4 continents include the US and England and i see things from a very broad perspective but i am also extremely limited in many things. I’m more than humbled to hear your point of view. We learn everyday and it will be more than a blessing to learn from you and everyone here.

If there is one thing i have learnt in life, is that, the more you discover the world, the more you realise how little you know. I don’t know much.

Cheers

12 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
Adjo10:

Hello justwise, the Brazilian passport can take you to every country a US passport can take you to except, Japan, Canada and Australia. In return however, the Brazilian passport can take you to Russia, Turkey, Cuba and Iran which US and British passport holders need visa to. You can also stay in the UK visa free with a Brazilian passport for 6 months in 1 year + 3 additional months in Ireland.

I am not saying one is better than the other and i don’t compare countries. All i am saying is that they can replace each other to a very large extent especially when it comes to Europe. You will be better off working in Europe as a Brazilian than a US citizen because of tax implications.

Well... you have the internet, you can confirm it for yourself. I usually find it very difficult to make sense to a lot of people, please forgive my ignorance. I have lived on 4 continents include the US and England and i see things from a very broad perspective but i am also extremely limited in many things. I’m more than humbled to hear your point of view. We learn everyday and it will be more than a blessing to learn from you and everyone here.

If there is one thing i have learnt in life, is that, the more you discover the world, the more you realise how little you know. I don’t know much.

Cheers

Any Nigerian saying he prefers Brazilain passport to UK, US or other developed countries is just lying to him/herself, i wouldn't knock anybody out for wanting to live in Brazil but to start comparing Brazil to other developed countries is just insane, Brazil is a 3rd world country still transitioning from 'developing' to 'developed' status.

Whoever wants to travel to Brazil should do that because its easier to get PR then passport but not because Brazil is one of the best countries out there.
Brazil is just an advanced Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (180) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.