Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,967 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:59 AM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (396561 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by oluayebenz: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
Interesting
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TheMan3: 5:58am On Jun 10, 2020
Adjo10:

Hello justwise, the Brazilian passport can take you to every country a US passport can take you to except, Japan, Canada and Australia. In return however, the Brazilian passport can take you to Russia, Turkey, Cuba and Iran which US and British passport holders need visa to. You can also stay in the UK visa free with a Brazilian passport for 6 months in 1 year + 3 additional months in Ireland.

I am not saying one is better than the other and i don’t compare countries. All i am saying is that they can replace each other to a very large extent especially when it comes to Europe. You will be better off working in Europe as a Brazilian than a US citizen because of tax implications.

Well... you have the internet, you can confirm it for yourself. I usually find it very difficult to make sense to a lot of people, please forgive my ignorance. I have lived on 4 continents include the US and England and i see things from a very broad perspective but i am also extremely limited in many things. I’m more than humbled to hear your point of view. We learn everyday and it will be more than a blessing to learn from you and everyone here.

If there is one thing i have learnt in life, is that, the more you discover the world, the more you realise how little you know. I don’t know much.

Cheers
abeg please do you know when Brazil will start allowing flights in? And are the borders open now?

Leave them justwise abeg. Not everyone have access to give birth in the US anymore. He should leave Brazil for us if it is advanced Nigeria as he calls it, at least it is "advanced"

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 6:55am On Jun 10, 2020
TheMan3:
abeg please do you know when Brazil will start allowing flights in? And are the borders open now?

Leave them justwise abeg. Not everyone have access to give birth in the US anymore. He should leave Brazil for us if it is advanced Nigeria as he calls it, at least it is "advanced"

Hello TheMan3. The COVID-19 situation here is currently bad thanks to our president who doesn’t take anything seriously lol. There have been a bit of improvement recently. For now, only Brazilians and Permanent residents are allowed in the country. I’m sure things will improve soon and flights will start coming in. Fingers crossed. Cheers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 11:19am On Jun 10, 2020
justwise:

Any Nigerian saying he prefers Brazilain passport to UK, US or other developed countries is just lying to him/herself, i wouldn't knock anybody out for wanting to live in Brazil but to start comparing Brazil to other developed countries is just insane, Brazil is a 3rd world country still transitioning from 'developing' to 'developed' status.

Whoever wants to travel to Brazil should do that because its easier to get PR then passport but not because Brazil is one of the best countries out there.
Brazil is just an advanced Nigeria

How do one still compare Brazil with Nigeria? been a mod doesn't mean you have to put mouth in all things travel especially the one you have no knowledge of.

Nigeria legbe Brazil... How na!, Nigeria does not even compare to South Africa and I dare any one to give a detailed comparison between SA and BR and we will see how far Brazil is ahead of South Africa.

Recent rainfall turned Surulere, Lagos (Nigeria's modern city) to a dumpsite, that won't happen in Brazil because the waste management packs waste daily on streets. No flooding due to blocked drains and gutter, sidewalk on all streets unlike Nigeria that you will be struggling for right of way with keke, okada and vehicles.

Most of my purchases here are made in Brazil and the quality is good whereas almost everything consumed in present day Nigeria is imported.

Brazil has several Metro lines to all cities and towns in Sao Paulo and you pay R$4.4 (#400) to use it to wherever you are going. In Lagos, Nigeria, the one Fashola started is still pending and we don't know when it will be completed. The air-conditioned locomotive train they did, the price is like #800 and we don't even know if it is still in use.

How many Nigerians can boast about the Public health system? I know we have the Health Centres but how many are properly maintained. In Brazil, the Public Health Centres are well equipped to give diagnosis, consultations, tests, prescribe drugs, vaccinate, dispense drugs and more and you wont be charged neither do you need to be referred by one of their seniors to get a preferential treatment or so that you will be attended to on time. Nigeria is still calling on WHO and Aids relief organisation to end Malaria. "borrow-borrow" government. Brazil government discount drugs for Hypertension, Diabetes and Asthma.

During this Covid-19, the government set up an emergency relief for every low income earners or anyone whose source of income is affected by Covid and they pay monthly since April. R$600 to single applicant or R$1,200 to Family. Nigerian government said anyone with 5k naira in their account do not need aid. R$600 is about 50k naira.

Public transit bus arrive at scheduled time, you can use the public bus everywhere and it will only cost you R$4.4 and the way that works is fantastic. with the R$4.4 I can enter a bus, stop at a market before my bus stop to get stuffs enter another bus on the same line to get home and I won't be charged on the second bus. Let's see if the local BRT bus system permits transfer of fare.

One of the things I was always pissed about in Nigeria is that there are no 'open to Public' Parks and Garden or Leisure centres where athletes alike can freely practise or where families can have a fun time. Come to Brazil, you will be spoilt for choice. When I was staying in Cambuci, SP I tire for Parks (Parque}. There's even one with swimming pool just in front of the Dia Supermarket I buy groceries.

I have spent close to 4 months in Brazil and I have never slept without light, 24 hours light in all 3 places I have stayed.

Brazil passport gives you visa free travels to many countries and we both know Nigerian passport does not give you visa free travels to some countries in Africa that the Brazil passport will take you to.

Brazilians are free people and they are thus welcoming so they have less worry and little expectations so it won't be a surprise if you see them settling for less. They aren't like us that are under pressure to impress/oppress everyone around us so I understand if you see Brazilians around you "somehow". It's not difficult to see 3 generations of a Brazilian living in the same house. They really don't care.

The best way to understand the Brazilian culture is to look through their architecture. It isn't far-fetched to see lots of joint structures in all parts of Brazil

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by dyydxx: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
TechSpot:

How do one still compare Brazil with Nigeria? been a mod doesn't mean you have to put mouth in all things travel especially the one you have no knowledge of.

Nigeria legbe Brazil... How na!, Nigeria does not even compare to South Africa and I dare any one to give a detailed comparison between SA and BR and we will see how far Brazil is ahead of South Africa.

Recent rainfall turned Surulere, Lagos (Nigeria's modern city) to a dumpsite, that won't happen in Brazil because the waste management packs waste daily on streets. No flooding due to blocked drains and gutter, sidewalk on all streets unlike Nigeria that you will be struggling for right of way with keke, okada and vehicles.

Most of my purchases here are made in Brazil and the quality is good whereas almost everything consumed in present day Nigeria is imported.

Brazil has several Metro lines to all cities and towns in Sao Paulo and you pay R$4.4 (#400) to use it to wherever you are going. In Lagos, Nigeria, the one Fashola started is still pending and we don't know when it will be completed. The air-conditioned locomotive train they did, the price is like #800 and we don't even know if it is still in use.

How many Nigerians can boast about the Public health system? I know we have the Health Centres but how many are properly maintained. In Brazil, the Public Health Centres are well equipped to give diagnosis, consultations, tests, prescribe drugs, vaccinate, dispense drugs and more and you wont be charged neither do you need to be referred by one of their seniors to get a preferential treatment or so that you will be attended to on time. Nigeria is still calling on WHO and Aids relief organisation to end Malaria. "borrow-borrow" government. Brazil government discount drugs for Hypertension, Diabetes and Asthma.

During this Covid-19, the government set up an emergency relief for every low income earners or anyone whose source of income is affected by Covid and they pay monthly since April. R$600 to single applicant or R$1,200 to Family. Nigerian government said anyone with 5k naira in their account do not need aid. R$600 is about 50k naira.

Public transit bus arrive at scheduled time, you can use the public bus everywhere and it will only cost you R$4.4 and the way that works is fantastic. with the R$4.4 I can enter a bus, stop at a market before my bus stop to get stuffs enter another bus on the same line to get home and I won't be charged on the second bus. Let's see if the local BRT bus system permits transfer of fare.

One of the things I was always pissed about in Nigeria is that there are no 'open to Public' Parks and Garden or Leisure centres where athletes alike can freely practise or where families can have a fun time. Come to Brazil, you will be spoilt for choice. When I was staying in Cambuci, SP I tire for Parks (Parque}. There's even one with swimming pool just in front of the Dia Supermarket I buy groceries.

I have spent close to 4 months in Brazil and I have never slept without light, 24 hours light in all 3 places I have stayed.

Brazil passport gives you visa free travels to many countries and we both know Nigerian passport does not give you visa free travels to some countries in Africa that the Brazil passport will take you to.

Brazilians are free people and they are thus welcoming so they have less worry and little expectations so it won't be a surprise if you see them settling for less. They aren't like us that are under pressure to impress/oppress everyone around us so I understand if you see Brazilians around you "somehow". It's not difficult to see 3 generations of a Brazilian living in the same house. They really don't care.

The best way to understand the Brazilian culture is to look through their architecture. It isn't far-fetched to see lots of joint structures in all parts of Brazil

Excellent take down. The problem is Justwise hasnt lived anywhere else apart from the UK&Nigeria and that colours his view. Imagine saying Brazil is an advanced Nigeria, Brazil that is even far ahead of india and Nigeria isnt anywhere on India's level. We are so far far behind. Even UK sef is overrated, with this new Brexit situation, anyone thinking of work access to all of Europe including the UK itself should consider Republic of Ireland.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by princealexndre(m): 2:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
MRBrownJ:

SP is the biggest city in Brasil so you will have services ranging from all extremes. no worries there!
pls I’m a Student but currently school is Closed. Right now I’m just at home doing nothing which Annoys me, even Mum is Always bugging me to Find something doing...pls sir/ma if you have any Job for me I will be Indeed Grateful. My potential skill is Computer Hardware/software Repairs, pls I don’t mind Any job at all as Long as I can make a Living on it and it’s within Lagos.. thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by iwanvisityankee: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2020
justwise:

Any Nigerian saying he prefers Brazilain passport to UK, US or other developed countries is just lying to him/herself, i wouldn't knock anybody out for wanting to live in Brazil but to start comparing Brazil to other developed countries is just insane, Brazil is a 3rd world country still transitioning from 'developing' to 'developed' status.

Whoever wants to travel to Brazil should do that because its easier to get PR then passport but not because Brazil is one of the best countries out there.
Brazil is just an advanced Nigeria
You're talking out of point, infact your argument is baseless because Adjo10 was only comparing the power of the passports. Oh, because you have UK passport, that's why you're pained and decided to deviate the discussion. Abeg no ban me ogrin ,

Be guided, Stay safe

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
iwanvisityankee:
You're talking out of point, infact your argument is baseless because Adjo10 was only comparing the power of the passports. Oh, because you have UK passport, that's why you're pained and decided to deviate the discussion. Abeg no ban me ogrin ,

Be guided, Stay safe

How can I be painted because someone is getting Brazilian passport when I have British passport? Does that make sense to you? Shouldn’t that be the other way round?

This is what happens when the ability to read and understand fails you.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
dyydxx:

Excellent take down. The problem is Justwise hasnt lived anywhere else apart from the UK&Nigeria and that colours his view. Imagine saying Brazil is an advanced Nigeria, Brazil that is even far ahead of india and Nigeria isnt anywhere on India's level. We are so far far behind. Even UK sef is overrated, with this new Brexit situation, anyone thinking of work access to all of Europe including the UK itself should consider Republic of Ireland.

I agree with you to the point of UK after brexit. I even added it to what I wrote but later removed it.

There are several retired Americans and British citizens running the Brazil retiree visa plan so to come flex their life in Brazil. If it is so so insecure than their developed promiselands then why will an old 'vulnerable' American or British retire to Brazil?

The UK is past glory, their system and structures are so old school. Even their crowned Prince is fed up of the country and choose to run to Canada.

Search for accommodation on UK Airbnb and u go surprise that they still use steel and spring bed frames that we last used in my parents house when I was 10yrs old.... They will argue that it is imperial design but they world has grown and left the UK behind. They rely on Commonwealth nations, no one trades with the Pounds daily and it's fast becoming another Kuwait dinar.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
dyydxx:

He even called Brazil a 3rd world country...lol

Brazil is among the BRICS and they are the emerging countries forming a new world order.

Almost everything here is made in Brazil. I don't think the tissue scarcity that hit America can happen to Brazil cos they don't import tissue like the US.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by iwanvisityankee: 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
justwise:

How can I be painted because someone is getting Brazilian passport when I have British passport? Does that make sense to you? Shouldn’t that be the other way round?

This is what happens when the ability to read and understand fails you.
Hahaha I know you will focus on the bolded part, how about the pointless argument you made?

The inability to understand started from you, go check your second response, if it has any meaning to what Adjo10 was explaining

E be like say Seun no tell you not to respond on every comment cos sometimes ur talk no dey make sense

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Casserole(f): 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
@techspot sir please you don't have to derail this beautiful thread to convince anybody I just finished reading and I have a few questions
1:aside the cac documents or introduction letter from employer how did you show ties to country?
2:in the intenerary letter did you outline cost of the trip and expenses
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
Casserole:
@techspot sir please you don't have to derail this beautiful thread to convince anybody I just finished reading and I have a few questions
1:aside the cac documents or introduction letter from employer how did you show ties to country?
2:in the intenerary letter did you outline cost of the trip and expenses

Ok... I just want to school the wise. grin

1) Brazil visa application don't need you to show ties beyond employment. They returned all my land docs and family pics I attached in my application.

2) Yes I did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Casserole(f): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
TechSpot:

Ok... I just want to school the wise. grin

1) Brazil visa application don't need you to show ties beyond employment. They returned all my land docs and family pics I attached in my application.

2) Yes I did.
So I can say something like I have 2k in my acct and the trip will cost 1k I intend to pay from there?
Or I'll say
Flight :1k
Tours:2k
Accomodation :5h
Total=2.5k
Please break it down for me sir

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by iwanvisityankee: 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
Use Ethiopian airline for flight reservation and Booking. com for hotel reservation

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by dehiero: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
When applying do you submit scanned copies? because most of those documents have signatures and seals just asking
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2020
TechSpot:

So this is your understanding of: Brazil is an advanced Nigeria? Shock horror

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
dyydxx:

Lol you too? You deserve to be in Brazil then

Who told that I haven’t lived anywhere else apart from Nigeria and the U.K.?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
iwanvisityankee:
Hahaha I know you will focus on the bolded part, how about the pointless argument you made?

The inability to understand started from you, go check your second response, if it has any meaning to what Adjo10 was explaining

E be like say Seun no tell you not to respond on every comment cos sometimes ur talk no dey make sense

How can that be pointless when you are clueless about what I was talking about?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by gees101(m): 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

Ronaldo is Portuguese not Brazilian.
na only one ronaldo dey ?face front abeg

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by gees101(m): 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
Casserole:
@Adjo10 don't waste time replying those kids
2 things I have realized on travel section

50% of the people giving advice are kids who have never been out of the country b4 they only have access to the Internet and watch cnn
Most nigerians are not looking for comfort they're only LOOKING for big names like USA CANADA AUSTRALIA so they can intimidate others back home they rather do odd jobs in those places than go where they can live quiet and tranquil life
babe fall in brazil na @Adjo10 can put u through
ps......i read your thread
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by BarristerAlarig: 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
gees101:
na only one ronaldo dey ?face front abeg

Na only one dy worthy to mention. Mind your business, busybody.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
What is happening guys. I can see people’s posts being deleted. Calm down guys. Cheers
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
Facts Check

The picture here shows 2 passport comparisons. Brazil to the left and the UK to the right. British passport takes you to 167 While Brazilian passport takes you to 159 countries visa free. A difference of 8. The countries in Green are the countries unique to either UK or Brazil.

As we can see the differences are not huge considering they all have about 156 in common. As a point to note, Brazilians are issued US visas with a 10 year validity and the US visa rejection rate for Brazilians is only 7%. This means that out of 100 Brazilians applying for a US tourist visa only 7 are rejected.

Brazilians who have a US visa, do not need a visa to visit Canada for the same validity as the US visa.

Before Brexit, i would have easily given the win to the UK passport because they could live and work in the EU but now, they will be required to apply for resident permit to stay and work in the EU. Brazilians can however live and work in MERCOSUR Countries which includes most countries in South America without needing a resident permit.

Now tell me, what is the difference between the 2 passports? Let’s argue on facts, of course assuming that you will stick to the topic at hand. I am sure you will not disappoint me.

And let’s remember we are comparing only passport power here. Let’s take it one at a time.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by uchman(m): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
Adjo10:
Facts Check

The picture here shows 2 passport comparisons. Brazil to the left and the UK to the right. British passport takes you to 167 While Brazilian passport takes you to 159 countries visa free. A difference of 8. The countries in Green are the countries unique to either UK or Brazil.

As we can see the differences are not huge considering they all have about 156 in common. As a point to note, Brazilians are issued US visas with a 10 year validity and the US visa rejection rate for Brazilians is only 7%. This means that out of 100 Brazilians applying for a US tourist visa only 7 are rejected.

Brazilians who have a US visa, do not need a visa to visit Canada for the same validity as the US visa.

Before Brexit, i would have easily given the win to the UK passport because they could live and work in the EU but now, they will be required to apply for resident permit to stay and work in the EU. Brazilians can however live and work in MERCOSUR Countries which includes most countries in South America without needing a resident permit.

Now tell me, what is the difference between the 2 passports? Let’s argue on facts, of course assuming that you will stick to the topic at hand. I am sure you will not disappoint me.

And let’s remember we are comparing only passport power here. Let’s take it one at a time.

UK has it...
The main countries are listed under UK... Australia, Japan, US, Canada, Taiwan and others
But Brazil... Mongolia, Iran and Russia... The bad bad ones...

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
uchman:

UK has it...
The main countries are listed under UK... Australia, Japan, US, Canada, Taiwan and others
But Brazil... Mongolia, Iran and Russia... The bad bad ones...

Thanks for your point of view. You stayed in line with the topic. Now, see some of the countries they have in common and go back to the list in the earlier post and read it again. Of course you can maintain your opinion.

A
Albania
Andorra
Armenia
Austria
Azerbaijan
B
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
C
Croatia
Cyprus
Czechia
D
Denmark
E
Estonia
F
Finland
France
G
Georgia
Germany
Greece
H
Hungary
I
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
K
Kazakhstan
Kosovo
L
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
M
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
N
Netherlands
North Macedonia (formerly Macedonia)
Norway
P
Poland
Portugal
R
Romania
S
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
T
Turkey
U
Ukraine
United Kingdom (UK)
V
Vatican City (Holy See)
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
As you can see, US, Canada and Australia are not the only developed countries in the world lol. I intentionally tricked you. This is to show you that, they have more commonalities than differences. When you start traveling, you will realise that the world is much bigger than just US and Canada. Cheers

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (192) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.