Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (355966 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 10:33am On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

You really have a big problem understanding things before you post, this is not about what it costed me to become a citizen, I never said that.
I was talking about the cost of giving birth in both countries and process of getting citizenship. How hard it's to understand this?

You are the one who clearly have understanding problem.

You continiously brag on this thread about having a UK passport which is superior to a Brazil passport and I am making you realise that most of us that went the Brazil route can also have the same UK passport that you have if we follow the process you followed some years ago today and it will cost us less money to acquire that UK passport that you keep bragging about.

You and the guy who claim to report to the Brazilian Authorities need to understand that giving birth in Brazil is not free and definitely not cheap. The money I have spent since I got here will get me and my partner through the process you followed to get your British passport.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 10:42am On Jun 13, 2020
Adjo10:

Thanks juswise. First of all i do not encourage anyone to lie during visa application. I also do not encourage people to give the embassy unnecessary information. Being pregnant is a personal and private matter. If you are asked about it of course you decide to tell them about it or not but do not lie. You have the right to tell them it is something you are not comfortable talking about.

Deciding not to tell about something does not mean Someone is lying. You can absolutely say the truth without exposing your private life.

If it were to be illegal to give birth, then deciding not to inform the embassy even if not asked would have made it illegal because the law said so but fortunately that is not the case.

Like i said, law is different from morality. Morality has no place in law.

Cheers

Yes Adjo10 you did and few others supported it, that was the genesis of the whole issue here, i careless when anybody decides to give birth for citizenship, my issues as i stated then and in every thread i post in ..has always focused on abuse of system.

Another issue you mentioned here which is also misrepresenting is not disclosing the purpose of your trip even when its clear that you are going to give birth. In visa application you are asked the purpose of your visa application..tourist, education, business or medical etc..

its ridiculous to say you did not lie to the embassy when you clearly did not select medical/giving birth when completing visa application form.

Yes giving birth in Brazil is not illegal so why not state clearly that you are going to give birth during visa application?

Did you still remember that you argued about this very issue a year or so ago?

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 10:45am On Jun 13, 2020
TechSpot:

You are the one who clearly have understanding problem.

You continiously brag on this thread about having a UK passport which is superior to a Brazil passport and I am making you realise that most of us that went the Brazil route can also have the same UK passport that you have if we follow the process you followed some years ago today and it will cost us less money to acquire that UK passport that you keep bragging about.

You and the guy who claim to report to the Brazilian Authorities need to understand that giving birth in Brazil is not free and definitely not cheap. The money I have spent since I got here will get me and my partner through the process you followed to get your British passport.

1.Can you show me how many posts i have made here bragging about my British passport?

2. How much do you think it cost me throughout the process of getting the passport?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Thegamingorca(m): 10:53am On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

1.Can you show me how many posts i have made here bragging about my British passport?

2. How much do you think it cost me throughout the process of getting the passport?

smiley
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:57am On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

Yes Adjo10 you did and few others supported it, that was the genesis of the whole issue here, i careless when anybody decides to give birth for citizenship, my issues as i stated then and in every thread i post in ..has always focused on abuse of system.

Another issue you mentioned here which is also misrepresenting is not disclosing the purpose of your trip even when its clear that you are going to give birth. In visa application you are asked the purpose of your visa application..tourist, education, business or medical etc..

its ridiculous to say you did not lie to the embassy when you clearly did not select medical/giving birth when completing visa application form.

Yes giving birth in Brazil is not illegal so why not state clearly that you are going to give birth during visa application?

Did you still remember that you argued about this very issue a year or so ago?

Firstly there is not visa category for giving birth in Brazil. I have said this over and over again. With the US for example, giving birth will fall under Medical. The medical visa category for Brazil is about emergency medical issues and plastic surgery and all those stuff and doesn’t include giving birth because pregnancy has a different meaning in Latin America than the US.

So technically, the is no visa for giving birth in Brazil. You go as a tourist, student etc and if you happen to give birth, that has nothing to do with your visa.

That is why i always stated here that Brazil is not US. Giving birth in Brazil is not the same as giving birth in the US. The 2 countries have a different meaning of pregnancy.

This explains why you will categorically be denied a visa if you apply for a visa to give birth in Brazil simply because there is no visa category for you.

I have said this over and over again here. You cannot be given a visa that does not exist

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Thegamingorca(m): 11:09am On Jun 13, 2020
Adjo10:

Firstly there is not visa category for giving birth in Brazil. I have said this over and over again. With the US for example, giving birth will fall under Medical. The medical visa category for Brazil is about emergency medical issues and plastic surgery and all those stuff and doesn’t include giving birth because pregnancy has a different meaning in Latin America than the US.

So technically, the is no visa for giving birth in Brazil. You go as a tourist, student etc and if you happen to give birth, that has nothing to do with your visa.

That is why i always stated here that Brazil is not US. Giving birth in Brazil is not the same as giving birth in the US. The 2 countries have a different meaning of pregnancy.

This explains why you will categorically be denied a visa if you apply for a visa to give birth in Brazil simply because there is no visa category for you.

I have said this over and over again here. You cannot be given a visa that does not exist

Nice...is it therefore illegal to board a plane on visit visa while heavily gravid and almost at term? Will no questions be asked and eyebrows raised if a 3rd trimester pregnant woman claims to want to see Rio De Janeiro and spend time touring?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 11:14am On Jun 13, 2020
Thegamingorca:

Nice...is it therefore illegal to board a plane on visit visa while heavily gravid and almost at term? Will no questions be asked and eyebrows raised if a 3rd trimester pregnant woman claims to want to see Rio De Janeiro and spend time touring?
First thing first most airlines will raise concern about flying a heavily pregnant woman..
To your question I have not seen where it is stated or written that pregnant women cannot go on vacation as long as your safety is assured... Voila

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2020
Adjo10:

In visa application form there is a space provided to give full details of your purpose of the trip and it is regarded as mandatory, so if you are going to give birth and its not illegal why not declare it in that space provided?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Thegamingorca(m): 11:22am On Jun 13, 2020
juliusocean:

First thing first most airlines will raise concern about flying a heavily pregnant woman..
To your question I have not seen where it is stated or written that pregnant women cannot go on vacation as long as your safety is assured... Voila

Yeah airlines would have issues. What about immigrations over at Brazil. Is it frowned at or have there been cases of deportations for attempting to have kids with jus solis to Brazil?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 11:23am On Jun 13, 2020
Thegamingorca:

The is nothing wrong with a pregnant woman wanting to see Rio, New York or Accra. Being pregnant does not mean cannot be a tourist. There is even a concept of “Baby moon” which has existed for many years now but because we don’t usually have the means in Nigeria, we don’t talk about it.

That said, airlines have rules about how many months of pregnancy you cannot board their planes. This is to avoid emergency births in the plane and since any woman can technically give birth from 7 months, that would be the limit. You may be able to fly your way into Brazil because you have not yet reached that number of months for the airline but if your supposed return date falls within the time period no airline would carry you then it will be clear to the immigration officer that you don’t intend to return before you give birth. That doesn’t however disqualify you from being allowed entry into the country but the immigration officer will now ask for proof of funds that you can afford giving birth and many other things. If you satisfy that then you will be allowed in.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Thegamingorca(m): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2020
Adjo10:

The is nothing wrong with a pregnant woman wanting to see Rio, New York or Accra. Being pregnant does not mean cannot be a tourist. There is even a concept of “Baby moon” which has existed for many years now but because we don’t usually have the means in Nigeria, we don’t talk about it.

That said, airlines have rules about how many months of pregnancy you cannot board their planes. This is to avoid emergency births in the plane and since any woman can technically give birth from 7 months, that would be the limit. You may be able to fly your way into Brazil because you have not yet reached that number of months for the airline but if your supposed return date falls within the time period no airline would carry you then it will be clear to the immigration officer that you don’t intend to return before you give birth. That doesn’t however disqualify you from being allowed entry into the country but the immigration officer will now ask for proof of funds that you can afford giving birth and many other things. If you satisfy that then you will be allowed in.

Okay it's settled then. VO may not have issues with birth escapees provided they have the money to take care of it.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by chriscole(f): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

In visa application form there is a space provided to give full details of your purpose of the trip and it is regarded as mandatory, so if you are going to give birth and its not illegal why not declare it in that space provided?
Oga I applied for a tourist visa if I am pregnant that's my private life declaring it is up to me and I choose not to why are you so pained... what's the problem? When applying for a job do you tell them sir I am gay and I have multiple sex partners in fact I had sex this morning

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 11:34am On Jun 13, 2020
chriscole:

Oga I applied for a tourist visa if I am pregnant that's my private life declaring it is up to me and I choose not to why are you so what's the problem? When applying for a job do you tell them sir I am gay and I have multiple sex partners in fact I had sex this morning

Yes if that job requires you to disclose your sexual orientation and sexual habit.

When you decided to travel to any country to give birth then its not only your private life, its also that of the embassy because they need to know why you are coming to their country.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

That would have been nice justwise but even though it is not illegal to give birth, there is no visa category for it so if you main purpose is to give birth then there is no visa category that can fit your demand and because the visa officer cannot create a category just for you, they will have no option to deny you.

America treats medical (giving birth) visa as a business. If you have the money and can afford to pay, then you get the visa. Brazil sees giving birth as a private matter. That is why they see nothing wrong with converting a tourist visa into a permanent resident once you get to Brazil. This is a grey area where there are gaps in the law.

Under normal circumstances, the visa officer will not care if you are pregnant or not so far as your stated purpose and intentions fits the visa category. We only have problems in Nigeria because people are taking advantage of the system. In other countries, being pregnant is not even considered at the Brazilian consulates (in fact, it considered a criminal act).

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by chriscole(f): 11:38am On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

Yes if that job requires you to disclose your sexual orientation and sexual habit.

When you decided to travel to any country to give birth then its not only your private life, its also that of the embassy because they need to know why you are coming to their country.
Stick to your job as a mod and stop trying to control people's lives we owe you nothing.

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 11:43am On Jun 13, 2020
chriscole:

Stick to your job as a mod and stop trying to control people's lives we owe you nothing.

This is part of my job, making sure that this section will not be used for anything other than helping people with genuine info.

If you feel uncomfortable about my presence here i suggest you move to other sections because i'm not leaving here anytime soon

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by sammysneh(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

This is part of my job, making sure that this section will not be used for anything other than helping people with genuine info.

If you feel uncomfortable about my presence here i suggest you move to other sections because i'm not leaving here anytime soon

dude back off you have derailed the thread enough unless you have other motives..
the issues you raised have been squashed up there what else do you want

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2020
Adjo10:

That would have been nice justwise but even though it is not illegal to give birth, there is no visa category for it so if you main purpose is to give birth then there is no visa category that can fit your demand and because the visa officer cannot create a category just for you, they will have no option to deny you.

America treats medical (giving birth) visa as a business. If you have the money and can afford to pay, then you get the visa. Brazil sees giving birth as a private matter. That is why they see nothing wrong with converting a tourist visa into a permanent resident once you get to Brazil. This is a grey area where there are gaps in the law.

Under normal circumstances, the visa officer will not care if you are pregnant or not so far as your stated purpose and intentions fits the visa category. We only have problems in Nigeria because people are taking advantage of the system. In other countries, being pregnant is not even considered at the Brazilian consulates (in fact, it considered a criminal act).

Adjo10? In visa application for Brazil there is a[b] large space[/b] provided for applicants to give full details about their trip and its mandatory to do that.

So my question to you is this..since giving birth in Brazil is not illegal why not declare the purpose of that visa application there?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 11:52am On Jun 13, 2020
sammysneh:

dude back off you have derailed the thread enough unless you have other motives..
the issues you raised have been squashed up there what else do you want

This thread is about giving birth in Brazil and finally get the passport and this is what the argument is all about, so there is no derailment here apart from those getting angry because they don't want to hear the bitter truth.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by sammysneh(m): 11:55am On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

This thread is about giving birth in Brazil and finally get the passport and this is what the argument is all about, so there is no derailment here apart from those getting angry because they don't want to hear the bitter truth.
you're unfit for this job and I hope Sean looks into this issue asap..

8 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Thegamingorca(m): 11:56am On Jun 13, 2020
chriscole:

grin no need to get pissed. He's a good mod who has your interest at heart. In the past ppl commited suicides for misinformation and promise of pr only to be faced with disaster over there

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 11:57am On Jun 13, 2020
sammysneh:

I'm over qualified for this job and i have being doing it for almost 10yrs now.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Thegamingorca(m): 11:59am On Jun 13, 2020
sammysneh:

grin you are allowing sentiments and personal ambition cloud your judgement. Go to other topics and see the wonders he has done before making that assessment

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by sammysneh(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
Thegamingorca:

grin you are allowing sentiments and personal ambition cloud your judgement. Go to other topics and see the wonders he has done before making that assessment
what ambition I am not going anywhere near Brazil but we must learn to be professional in everything.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2020
sammysneh:

what ambition I am not going anywhere near Brazil but we must learn to be professional in everything.

Of course you do going by your previous questions regarding traveling to Brazil

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by sammysneh(m): 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

Of course you do going by your previous questions regarding traveling to Brazil
continue trolling it's your job
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2020
Thegamingorca:

Okay it's settled then. VO may not have issues with birth escapees provided they have the money to take care of it.

Yes they don't.

My partner was already 23 weeks when we applied, we had our interview at 28weeks, when I went to pick our visas I was told that they are aware that she is pregnant and I said yes she is. Being pregnant does not mean you can not travel. You can travel anywhere in the world till you're unfit to fly

We entered Brazil at 33weeks and we were clearly stamped in for 90days; No questioned asked.

Brazil does not have any problem with you coming to give birth as long as you have enough resources for it.

Anyone crying unnecessarily on this thread on behalf of another is clearly over-hydrated.

13 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2020
Thegamingorca:

grin no need to get pissed. He's a good mod who has your interest at heart. In the past ppl commited suicides for misinformation and promise of pr only to be faced with disaster over there

There's no agent claims here and we are not defending the process cos we are scouting for clients. We are only sharing our experience so he should stop hiding post immaturely.

whatever Adjo10 wrote is the present situation in Brazil as I read through her post before I went to apply and here I am in Brazil and all the info shared here are still applicable so there's no misinformation on this thread.

Someone can not be in the UK and claim to know more about the current situation in Brazil than couple of people presently in Brazil experiencing it.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

Someone asked you on this thread if you didn't misrepresent in your visa application but you know how you ignore all his questions.

Did you say you will stay back and convert your study visa to a British passport?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (180) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.