Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Lessons From My Marriage - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lessons From My Marriage (76857 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / I Almost Lost My Marriage Over ‘april Fool’ Prank –woman / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by francizy(m): 8:26am On Sep 21, 2015
MrsChima:

olosho cock sucker!

And you're the olosho right? First class mumuni.. cheesy
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by francizy(m): 8:26am On Sep 21, 2015
matingo:

Also to the men grin
Happy now grin

Yeah!!! cheesy
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by kaboninc(m): 8:37am On Sep 21, 2015
francizy:

Amaghi'm asu oyibo... cheesy

E ganasu beke...

Biko, de ihe e chori gwa'm na beke.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by francizy(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2015
kaboninc:

E ganasu beke...

Biko, de ihe e chori gwa'm na bike.

Hehehehe, hope u didn't use Google translator oh...grin

1 Like

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Crieff(m): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2015
Forwetinnah:
..i love good looking men, i won't settle for less but...you must be a MAN, a REAL MAN not some overgrown baby who needs to be tended to. No man of such will cross my path cause by the time I'm done with you with...you'll know women are mean!

For wetin nah?!

smiley
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2015
bisifoundation:
I lived a very religious life in campus, and was not in any relationship at all. After school , I met this young handsome guy in 2006. Sincerely, I felt I didn’t not merit him because he is very handsome, while I am on the average beauty wise. The only thing that attracted me to him was the look. He was an hustler and lived a low income life. Throughout our courtship of 18months, He never gave me a dime. I came from a financially buoyant famiy, I therefore saw no need in asking him for anything, rather I was feeding him with three square meal. We got wedded in the year 2007, and I gave him the flower of my womanhood (virginity) but I was not really excited for just no reason.

My husband is a caring man, but nags a lot. He nags about the way I handle bathing soap, the way you arrange plates in kitchen, virtually everything. I most often skip for fear each time he wants to talk because I believe he wants to complain again.

I got a job before he did, but one thing I discover is that my husband spends his money without thinking about tomorrow and always depend on my salary to survive the family. In 2008, I gave birth to a set of triplet, and had to quit work to nurse my angels. He was very supportive then. He provided for all our needs and life was good. In 2012, my husband lost his job, I had to take over the family expenses again. I was running a masters degree program, doing many businesses, and still raising kids. I travelled every week in a bid to keep the family running. Each time, I complain about the stress I was passing through, he tells me I am lazy, that many women do more to sustain their families.

This is 2015, my husband prefers to allow me or my dad to pay the children tuition fee than for him to hustle. I am 100% responsible for the family upkeep. Every biz you introduce to my husband is downgrading to him. I am currently on my PHd degree, I am nursing a set of triplet, and still work hard to survive my family.

It is now that I realize that I married my husband because of his handsomeness, and that he is mentally very shallow. My husband thinks like a child and has virtually no plan for his family.

My simple advice for intending wives is this, looks (handsomeness or beauty) alone is not enough to choose a husband, marry a man that has great vision for his life, not the one that you will keep on dragging up.

Secondly, I believe my husband puts all the family responsibility on me because I was the one feeding him when we were dating. Please, let your guy know from day one that you need to be adored and taken care of like a beautiful flower.

To married men and women there, did you make some mistakes when choosing? Pls share with intending husbands and wives to help them make informed decision.
strong woman, man of the house.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by MrsChima(f): 10:24am On Sep 21, 2015
francizy:

And you're the olosho right? First class mumuni.. cheesy[/quote[quote]
Return to vapid Igbo sender!
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by 2thunder(m): 10:24am On Sep 21, 2015
I celebrate you dear, MORE GRACE to you, don't complain, keep your head up, pray hard and doors will open.
thanks for sharing
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by segunaremu6gma: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2015
i am not married but i feel your pains....i have sisters that i wont want to experience such....i am happy you are not considering quitting or divorce...God frowns at it...don't stop praying for me....you may think you have made a mistake...but God has a way of covering those mistakes and colouring them..your husband will come good for you.......in as much as marriage is to be enjoyed not endured....believe the best of him and he will come good....the God that has sustained you until now will continue to help you....
beauty is "fleeting"....(fleeting means for a moment).... they don't keep homes and marriages....am happy you were objective in your assessment....you fell for the physical traits and ignored the tiny little details that has threatened to wreck your home......little foxes matters
thank you for your advice .....life is not about money or beauty etc.....all is vanity....the rich are never satisfied of what they have, the politicians want more powers,... even the beauty queens still use make up and do all sort of things to remain beautiful .....so never marry because of things like that..the rich also cry ..choice a man/woman that will honour and respect you for who you are .fulfillment comes in purpose...when you know where you are going and when u get there, only dat brings satisfaction ...no man is perfect ...even the author has her faults too but deal and address issues you cant live with now with your spouse before marriage so that you will not regret it later.......
finally...i pray God will Heal your home and fix your marriage....marriage is a divine institution ordained by God and he will touch your husband.....he will make in the father of your children and your husband in all ways........maybe God has brought these things into your marriage to make you see other gifts in you that you have been ignoring.....be closer to him...have faith in him....read books on marriage and visit a counsellor and i believe that in no distant time you will see in your husband what you desire.......have a lovely day......

2 Likes

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Anextin(f): 10:56am On Sep 21, 2015
My brother, at this point, who married who is gone. The issue is raising your kids. Whether you are in a loveless marriage or not, your children should be paramount. You can't afford to leave it for your wife to man your family. If u have issues with marriage that's OK. But do not take it out on the kids. They have got nothing to do with it at all. A man who can't support his family no matter how small is an infidel. As a wife, who makes more than the husband, I don't mind my husband giving me just 1k for food. All I need is his input and support regardless of how small.
Zenanted:
Godforbide I support your Hubby oo,How I wish he will tell his own version of the story becuz its one sided...but since he won't ,lemme just ask this question (1. Are you sure you didn't force him into marrying you (2.Did he get married to you out of His self-will or pity

I believe there is a rational explanation , make una no crucify me oo
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by ledaman: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2015
You got it wrong right from onset, why should you be the one to shoulder all the responsibility of a relationship, and your spouse can proudly call himself a real man! well may Almighty God change your situation.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by kaboninc(m): 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehe, hope u didn't use Google translator oh...grin

You dey doubt me?

Lool.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by francizy(m): 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
kaboninc:

You dey doubt me?

Lool.

Yes na.. As you be learner, why I no go doubt u?
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Chinum: 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Generalk007:
mi sister u better b tnkful to ur God because many women outdere were prayin to God for dem to v a man dt wil stay wt dem to b called mi husbnd dnt care abt money .glorify God for ur lyf n train ur kids

Stupid
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Kentrasso(f): 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
freshvine:
Your husband nags about everything, you complain grin

When he has he provides, sooner he lost his job he became mentally slow without vision grin

You know he's from a poor background lust blindfolded you now it becoming obvious grin

Truth be told you never loved him but was attracted by his charm.

Don't just think you are an angel and it's his duty to work his life out just to please you but think of a way to make your rich family support him. Most guys are CEOs and directors of their in law business empire.

All I read was a hate filled post by a distrust woman who is pained in her marriage due to lack of finance. Why didn't you ask the forum how you could help your husband overcome his joblessness?

Like most modern feminist : divorce him his lazy asz doesn't deserve you

you are a disgrace to womanhood
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by kaboninc(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
francizy:

Yes na.. As you be learner, why I no go doubt u?

How you no go doubt me. Na so e dey start....

When I born pikin, you go still dey doubt me.

1 Like

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by kaboninc(m): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
LynTiffany.... Warrrr Rrrrr uu doing here?
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by kaboninc(m): 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Kentrasso:

you are a disgrace to womanhood

But she made some salient point.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by lyntiffany(f): 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
kaboninc:
LynTiffany.... Warrrr Rrrrr uu doing here?
Heard your incredibly handsome but very lazy to fend for your family and also learnt your a gold digger.

Ran in to see for myself.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by kaboninc(m): 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
lyntiffany:
Heard your incredibly handsome but very lazy to fend for your family and also learnt your a gold digger.

Ran in to see for myself.

Lol.

After years of abandoning me, you came here to complete your murder? Lol.

You should have just told me how much you hate that you miss me.

I'll understand
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by lyntiffany(f): 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
kaboninc:

Lol.

After years of abandoning me, you came here to complete your murder? Lol.

You should have just told me how much you hate that you miss me.

I'll understand
cheesy For you to figure out I did abandoned you then I can only conclude that you deeply missed my presence.

1 Like

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by kaboninc(m): 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
lyntiffany:
cheesy For you to figure out I did abandoned you then I can only conclude that you deeply missed my presence.

Yeah... I did miss you. I don't hide that.

But you have a way of saying that you missed me. By trying to complete your murder.

Ladiessss

1 Like

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by lyntiffany(f): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
kaboninc:

Yeah... I did miss you. I don't hide that.

But you have a way of saying that you missed me. By trying to complete your murder.

Ladiessss
I refuse to derail this interesting thread with you.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by kaboninc(m): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
lyntiffany:
I refuse to derail this interesting thread with you.

Lool...

Tomorrow you'll accuse me for not being straight.

Maybe tonight is not a good night after all.......
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by lyntiffany(f): 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
kaboninc:

Lool...

Tomorrow you'll accuse me for not being straight.

Maybe tonight is not a good night after all.......
Mr kabo snoop, you can't seem to have your way all the time. Can you?

Just like other nights are not good for me too.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by lilcox(f): 10:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
I disagree you married him just for his looks. You saw a lil potential in him. You dont have to be head over heels in love, before you marry a guy. Love grows over time.

When things get rough in marriage then you tend to question why you got married. Marriage is a black market. Even those that marry for Love get to question why they got married, at some point. Marriage is not always rosy. It a phase that will be over. He is not a lazy man. He is probably frustrated too. Men have ego, the fact that he is not yielding to your advice or that of the people around dont make him lazy. You are a strong woman, marriage is for both man and woman. You are there to help him up in times like this. Show him more love and encourage him. Like you said; he is loving and caring. Why not think about the good days rather than pointing out his weaknesses now.

1 Like

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Mattex001(m): 8:18am On Sep 22, 2015
Ioannes:

and my post concerns you how Mr. gibberish? or are you the spare husband ni? because the way u take rush defend her, u sure say nothing dey?

omode lon she e ni

BRODA AGBYA

U BETTER GERARAHIA MEHN

grin
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 22, 2015
Mattex001:

omode lon she e ni

BRODA AGBYA

U BETTER GERARAHIA MEHN

grin

read your post again, does it make sense to you? obviously I have overrated your intelligence. *ignoring you henceforth*
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Mattex001(m): 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ioannes:

read your post again, does it make sense to you? obviously I have overrated your intelligence. *ignoring you henceforth*

Oh c'mon don't get over defensive with nothing!

I had expected you to swallow ur Contempt and quit quoting me earlier but you won't!

It just shows how irrevocably intimidated u are over other people's cognizance. Get a life pls!
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by mcdavies4: 8:22am On Oct 23, 2017
Family success is one success that goes as a far affecting a country and it is when the wife-husband relationship is fixed can everything amount to a good success. Scriptures tell us in the book of Ephesians in the fifth chapter that wives should submit to their husbands while husbands are equally advised to love their wives. The two are expected to do this as Christ will do or as we would do unto Christ.

That passage of scriptures proves that based on Spiritual principles, the husband is the head of the home admonished to love the wife as Christ loved the church. So let us handle the role of a man as the head of his home based on Christ’s standards as the head of the Church.

UNDERSTANDING THE WIFE-HUSBAND RELATIONSHIP
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by dataideas: 10:59am On Dec 14, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) / Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.