Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland (26422 Views)

RULE 22 / Man On His Kneels To Beg Rich Man In Car For Money In Lagos / This Is What Someone Begging For Money In The Church Through Whatsapp got (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
I don't care whether you endorse, ban and reban it....
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
ideology:
my dear, from religious and political threads is worst, hahaha

Hopefully he answers you even though he hardly replies
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
We have no really reliable way of distinguishing between genuine needs and those that are not genuine, so I would appeal to people with such needs to rely on other channels of support such as their family members , friends, and churches.
You have made money, that's why you at talking like this. Do you listen to radio or TV, read newspapers or other publication? How many persons on their sick bed can go to church after the church has abondoned them, how many friend would stay with you till the very end, less I forget... one babe in the help section passed away recently.....
Think twice before you make it a rule, yes there are scammers, but their are genuine individuals that needs help.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by kennyman2000(m): 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
basille:
Yes. Ban them all.

Pray u dont have problem bro..

3 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Joshmon(m): 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
Mr Seun I think this decision should be reconsidered because you cannot beat the fact that some people(even well known entertainers) resort to begging on social media when all hope is lost so I think a second thought should be given before concreting your decision..

2 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by thinkdip(m): 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
bettercreature:
I dont even know his business with those who are asking money,there are millions out there who need help
abi oo (stingy set of people)

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by ajademola2000(m): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
Yes
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
I am coming
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Suspect33(m): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
This rule should'nt be enforced, too many rules makes it all boring, Dis nairaland sef undecided
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
People should ask for Job not money.

3 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by bettercreature(m): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
artisticallyart:

You have made money, that's why you at talking like this. Do you listen to radio or TV, read newspapers or other publication? How many persons on their sick bed can go to church after the church has abondoned them, how many friend would stay with you till the very end, less I forget... one babe in the help section passed away recently.....
Think twice before you make it a rule, yes there are scammers, but their are genuine individuals that needs help.
He sounds like somebody who is living in usa

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
Going further on my first post Seun I honestly do not think you have any right interfering with our free will giving and our acts of kindness. We are humans and being kind is one of those things that make us so. You on the other hand should be very happy and overwhelmed at the number of people your forum has genuinely helped your proposal above shows YOU JUST DON'T CARE.

I'm out

7 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
Jarus:

It goes beyond that. There's a reputational issue.

This is double-edge sword. As an active member of TEHN, the voluntary network of Nairalanders that decided to coordinate linking helpers to the needy on Nairaland with considerable achievements so far, this rule will not be welcome.

But at the same, I understand where Seun is coming from - abuse of such and damage to Nairaland reputation if anything goes wrong.

Yet, I don't think throwing the baby away with the bathwater is the impediment. Just stricter.

After all, I'm not aware of any case of fraud from donations yet, all cases of frauds on NL are from businesses gone wrong. Do we ban businesses (eg auto section deals) totally because of this?
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by achu442(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
I hereby propose to create a new rule that forbids anyone from asking for money for money - especially investments and donations - on Nairaland later today. The enforcement of this rule will completely block the activities of many scammers. Any objections?

Objection my lord..
I must say this juridical pronouncement lacks emitomy of the rights of freedom of speech and social media sovereignty and stands as a barrier to expressive arraign of one's view due to maybe lack of currencial precides and sodomy of wants.I must say that this forum must not restrict its members to calu-calu and scrutiny, erring of monetary grievances and mere application of lazurusicians principle.
We must stop articulating superficial sentiments and respect everyone's integrity.
I rest my case.

wetin I mean be say...Naeto C just gave someone 100k on twitter last week...So case over ruled.

3 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by AdeFisayomi(f): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
What of those who have no option? Am not talking about the many scammers out there but the "please,I really need money,help!''

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by jhydebaba(m): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Berrylite:
Its good. But Oga Seun, I submitted an advertorial campaign since but I hasn't been granted. Pls how can I go about ironing it out? All mails sent to the mods has not been replied. Thank you

Chai!! "has" done suffer.

Oga Seun, nothing do u.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by kennybrasco: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun. What of those of us always looking for who to help on Nairaland?

How do we find them when you ban people from soliciting for help/ funds?

The last hope of any genuine Nairalander looking for financial help is Nairaland.

Why do you want to take it away?

Scammers are in all sections of Nairaland even Romance section. Do you then say...You will ban soliciting for relationships on Nairaland.

Creating Awareness On Scam Prevention and Prosecution is what Nairaland needs.
Not banning genuine help seekers because of Scammers.

My Thoughts.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by gmacnoms(m): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
moscobabs:

bro who's late Ddjola was he/she member of nairaland?
he was a nairalander. Got seriously I'll. Majorly assisted by nairalander in finances and other areas. Mehn, dat was wen I Rilli saw family in nairaland o.

4 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by sukkot: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
this bros done dey turn hitler small small oooo hehe

5 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
the whole begging thing is already being abused.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by datguru: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
I hereby propose to create a new rule that forbids anyone from asking for money for money - especially investments and donations - on Nairaland later today. The enforcement of this rule will completely block the activities of many scammers. Any objections?

Stop registration for 48 hours, create a new thread with write up expressing your concern and why you think it should be done this way, then conduct a poll to know the people's opinion.

For me I'm in between, its a good move but in the other sense its good we help. But how about we do thorough investigation and verification before helping ?

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by mbulela: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:

This is as important if not even more important.
https://www.nairaland.com/2610297/antonio-dehinde-fernandez-buried-photos/3#38168984
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by free2ryhme: 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
If such a policy be made one must understand that it should be easy to abide to and applies to all. This shld be subjected to extensive consultation

Think before you act
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by emerged01(m): 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
I also stand against the rule. Seun,we have laws,rules and regulations in the land but they still don't put end to crime. Find another way,there must surely be another way.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Gboliwe: 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
Sveen:
The fact is that, scammers have utilized this technique as their means of scamming. Members complain about getting scammed almost every day and such a thing is bad for this forum.

If there's another way to quench this menace, your opinions are highly welcomed.

Put up links to just three threads since the inception of nairaland where anybody was scammed thru donations.

There's a difference between doing business with a scammer and making donations. The latter is what the topic is about now.

6 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by tunergy(m): 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:

Dear Seun,
I believe it is a good move by your humble self to protect Nairalanders from being victim of scammers who deceitfully solicit for funds and help. However, that said, a few genuine cases abound. Do you intend to shut them out too? I hope not. I would think the proper move would be a public campaign warning Nairalanders not to part with their money without duly verifying whatever transaction they want to engage. Also to reduce/curb the incidents of perceived scammers through fraudulent soliciting for funds, create a Tread to handle such request, and appoint Moderators with INTERGRITY to monitor activities. That way, fake and fraudulent trolls and scammers would easily be fingered out and judged accordingly.

This is my shared Opinion and by no means are you compelled to accept.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Dfavouredone: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:

It is not a bad idea; but isn't a perfect idea as well.

Everyone is warn to deal with people they meet on any social media with caution. Effecting this rule wouldn't be a game changer, but has the remote chances of depriving someone of a lifeline sometime, someday. So i will advocate that you do not implement this policy but get your staff to keep watch and monitor people's activities as much as possible.My opinion.

Please get back to us whatever you decide.

Good thing that you are consulting and carrying NLer along; that is very thoughtful of you.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by onatisi(m): 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
As Long as the giver isn't forced to give ,I don't think asking for money should be banned . Even in the business section ,the person giving the money must know that he or she does so at his or her own risk. What I will suggest is for seun and nairaland admin to put a notice that nairaland is not to be held liable for whatever transaction anyone does on nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Gboliwe: 6:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
artisticallyart:

We have a help section on nairaland? Please, give me a link to the thread in question.

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by cachilike12: 6:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
Mr. Seun,

I really appreciate the growing concern that would have informed your decision to introduce the aforesaid suggestions. However, in these time and age, I think is important that we still leave that option open. But endure to educate our people of the threat that scammers pose, always using every possible means to swindle people. However, we still agree that Naira land is a social media just like the rest that have given people option to do whatever is right using the platform. So, in my opinion let's still allow the system run without restriction of your proposal. Also to add credence to what the three follower after your initial proposal say " what if the person is truly in need of money and have no other hope" I think this is a sincere reason why most social network platform is created. Remember we together can do mighty and great things if only we agree. " Blessed is the hand that giveth than the hand that taketh"
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by gmacnoms(m): 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
Sir Seun, from the way you sound, it seems u hav made up ur mind to ban it by already referrin pple to oda channels, church, newspaper. Is arite, but js no dat der is God. U ddnt see nairaland dis big, u only saw ur big outstretched arm to ur environment. Now things hav changed, u want change d rudiments?

3 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by edwife(f): 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lol Seun,

I don't think it is necessary to do this.Many blogs in Nigeria give away gifts and render help by the owners themselves and the blog visitors.

Why do you want to deprive people with genuine needs to receive help from nairalanders?

Why do you always have an objection when it comes to donation or anything regarding funds?Not everyone is stingy you know?

Some of us like helping and if we get burn for it,we should blame ourselves but nobody else,that is why we always ask for verifications.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

5 Greatest Lies In Nigeria! / Boat Accident In Sokoto Kills 13 Children (Graphic Photos) / Pastor Adeboye Thanks Fans With A Pix & Note After Hitting 2M Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.