Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 (60748 Views)

Disregard. / Igbos, Most Brilliant Black Africa Race –US Report - New Telegraph Nigerian News / Igbos, Most Brilliant Black Africa Race –us report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 21, 2015
Chai see 'painment.' LOL! Whenever the Igbo race is concerned, only the yoruba people will go to any extent to try and belittle the achievements of Ndi Igbo, who keep proving to the 'whites' that the black race can be a force to be reckoned with. Based on @OnReflection's comments, any foreigner who is new to this thread will automatically assume that he is a jealous, old, white racist, who probably can't live with the fact that a particular black race is as good if not better than the 'whites' when it comes to intelligence. The person will never believe that @OnReflection is a fellow black man. SMH.
Truth be told, jealousy and envy remain the bane of the Yoruba nation.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
A Yoruba man taught the ibos how to read and write, go and find out. So I don't know how a iboman can be more intelligent than a Yoruba man.... Even before the arrival of the whiteman to Africa, the Yoruba's were already reading and writing in our dialect. We produced our own local weapons like guns, arrows, machetes etc because of the constant wars we were fighting.

When it comes to intelligence comparison between Yoruba's and our fellow compatriots in Africa, the yorubas are far above you all. The ibos are not even close to yorubas when intelligence is mentioned, the ashantis of Ghana are even ahead of you ibo people.

Besides this research never said the ibos are the most intelligent black people around, if it did say so, please tell me were the researchers said ibos are the most intelligent people in Africa.

^^^The emboldened claims are precisely what inspires threads like this.
In the cold light of day, they do little to advance the collective interests of Africans.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by ahaz: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2015
badaoyeyemi:
I disagree
guy sucide is real o , take am easy.

4 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 21, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
A Yoruba man taught the ibos how to read and write, go and find out. So I don't know how a iboman can be more intelligent than a Yoruba man.... Even before the arrival of the whiteman to Africa, the Yoruba's were already reading and writing in our dialect. We produced our own local weapons like guns, arrows, machetes etc because of the constant wars we were fighting.

When it comes to intelligence comparison between Yoruba's and our fellow compatriots in Africa, the yorubas are far above you all. The ibos are not even close to yorubas when intelligence is mentioned, the ashantis of Ghana are even ahead of you ibo people.

Besides this research never said the ibos are the most intelligent black people around, if it did say so, please tell me were the researchers said ibos are the most intelligent people in Africa.

This post above is

The reason why Yorubas are not progressing.

WhiteTechnology:

" Humility breeds wisdom while pride breeds mumurity."
While Igbos are humble enough to learn from others, Yorubas keep looking down on others out of believe that they saw civilization first. This has impeded their creativity and ingenuity to produce the best.

4 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OkutaNla: 8:42am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

This is not the right approach to take OkutaNla.
You can correct falsehood without denigrating the people of Haiti.

But it's the truth!!! Haiti is the POOREST country in the world. It is also the most unstable, worst governed, and the worst FAILED state in the history of failed states. Am just schooling him that Haiti is the worst country anyone should brag about, yet he's implying a Haiti model for Biafra? That is typical of them ignorant Biafrans --they beat their chest over st.upid shyt undecided

3 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

Envy? How effeminate!

I don't know how old you are, but it is clear that you possess only limited discerning abilities.

My posts are actually intended for the more objective reader - the one who knows how to separate the wheat from the chaff

intellectual illiterate. you have proved absolutely nothing. sometimes, ones needs to act child like, in order to get some sense right into your head.

3 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Chigold101(m): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

Constantly shifting goal posts all over the place. Listen, there is a time a place for everything.

At this moment (M) in time (T), it is an embellished report that is under review.

okay
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by asEdeyHOT: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

The original report on attainment in UK schools is fine @omonnakoda. It is the willful distortion of facts by @OP that is blatantly dishonest.
Look at the usual band of NL urchins jerk..ing off to claims of racial superiority. Not fully satisfied with standing the logic on its head, they've now taken to distorting history with claims that reside in the realms of phantasm.

How is it fine?

How were they able to determine which student comes from Yoruba, Ibo background? Did the students or their parents fill out a questionnaire? Were they interviewed? Or did they make conclusions based on their names?

Can the OP give us a link to the actual journal this research was published in??
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2015
OkutaNla:

But it's the truth!!! Haiti is the POOREST country in the world. It is also the most unstable, worst governed, and the worst FAILED state in the history of failed states. Am just schooling him that Haiti is the worst country anyone should brag about, yet he's implying a Haiti model for Biafra? That is typical of them ignorant Biafrans --they beat their chest over st.upid shyt undecided

your exuberance has not proven a thing. so quit the drama.

4 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 21, 2015
Brother/Sister, Biko take am easy o b4 u kpai of envy. I just don't know why the OP didn't put up a clear warning, that this thread could lead to heart attack, for a certain at risk group.

Kastonkastroll:

12 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2015
Kastonkastroll:

is this all you can offer? I have known that you die by the second as you hear about Igbo strides of intelligence for Africa. pls don't die yet, we never start....

9 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OkutaNla: 8:57am On Sep 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

your exuberance has not proven a thing. so quit the drama.

Mechionu there, anuofia. As much as i want u yee.bos to have Biafra coz i can't stand your empty chest-beating, even i know that y'all can do way better than Haiti. The point is that the boy got carried away in his attempt to beat his chest, not realizing that he was actually doing more harm than good to his argument. Since he was trying to sound like a smart aleck, i had to point that out to humble him a bit. Even you should scold him for that epochal goof. Igbos should never brag about any association with Haiti in its current state, of all countries. Mba. Even Una travelers avoid the place coz there's nothing there.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2015
While to a large extent I agree with the op. New studies in anthropology show that the major species set to dominate earth were the Neanderthal and Homo Sapiens though the later had a bigger brain sugessting they were more brilliant and far more developed physically the homo sapiens won the battle of human survival by patenring with other species(animals) that's what the igbos lack and they are gradually been sidelined everywhere. Note before u can partner with some one u must come to the realization that u have a need only u can not provide. Also u must be in unity. How come the hausas and fulani who are tought to be the dumbest are the ones ruling us. Survival is not just acedemic smart brilliance but a balance of so many things. And yhose other things the igbos lack that's why they are the most builled ethinc group in nigeria. From a non tribal yoruba guy.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by manchy7531: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2015
. [b]In a White House memo dated Tuesday, January 28, 1969 to President Nixon, former Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger describes the Igbos as “the wandering Jews of West Africa-gifted, aggressive, westernized, at best envied and resented, but mostly despised by their neighbors in the federation”(foreign relations document, volume E-5, documents on Africa 1969-1972).

Kissinger's description aptly portrays the Christian Igbos and their experience in Nigeria. Over the years, the Igbos have been the victims of numerous massacres, that they have lost count. Most of the violence directed against the Igbos have been state sponsored. One can say that the Igbos knew how to spell “state sponsored terrorism” before the rest of the world did. The state sponsored terrorism directed against the Igbos in 1966, led to the declaration of the Republic of Biafra by the Igbos and subsequent civil war. Over two million Igbos died in the civil war, primarily by starvation. One will not be wrong, if they call the Igbos the “Tutsis” of Nigeria. Today, an Islamic terrorist Conglomerate led by the dreaded Boko Haram are still slaughtering Igbos and other Christians in Northen Nigeria. Igbos have always seen themselves as a bulwark against the spread of Islam to Southern Nigeria, and as a result, a perennial target of Islamic zealots.

However, the Igbos are one of the largest and most distinctive of all African ethnic groups. Predominantly found in Southeastern Nigeria, they number about 40 million worldwide, with about 30 million in Nigeria. They constitute about 18% of Nigeria's population, with significant Igbo populations in Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and the Ivory Coast. Igbos predominate in five states in Nigeria-Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Abia. In three other states- Rivers, Lagos and Delta, they constitute almost 25% of the population.

During the slave trade, Igbo slaves were known to be the most rebellious. Most of the slave rebellions in the United States, Haiti, Jamaica, Belize, Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados and Guyana were led by Igbo slaves. In South Carolina, Igbo slaves were reported to have drowned themselves, rather than be kept as slaves. Today that place is called Ebo Island in commemoration of the slaves who died there. The Gullahs are Igbo. Igbos were one of the 13 African ethnic groups that provided the bulk of the slaves who were brought to the Americas. Majority of the slaves who ended up in Virginia, Alabama, Tennessee, Maryland, Arkansas, Mississippi, South and North Carolina and Georgia were Igbo. An Igbo museum has been built in Virginia to honor the contribution of Igbo slaves to the state. One of the Igbo slaves who was sent to Liberia by the American Colonization Society-Edward Roye- became the fourth president of Liberia. Another Igbo slave, Olaiduah Equiano wrote the famous slave chronicles.

During the colonial period, the British disliked the Igbos, because of their supposedly uppitiness and argumentativeness. During military service in Burma and India, the pride of Igbo soldiers amongst other African soldiers was proverbial. In the company offices and orderly rooms, the first few words from the White officer speaking to an Igbo soldier was followed by “don't argue, you! Or “you want to be too clever”, and similar expressions. Their expressive and aggressive mentality which they enjoy in their culture at home, does not always allow them to accept false charges or accusations without responding. The late famous writer, Langston Hughes, observed “the Igbo looks proud because he is bred in a free atmosphere where everyone is equal. He hates to depend on anyone for his life's need. He does not mind if others look proud. He has much to be proud of in his land. Nature has provided for him. He is strong and able to work or fight. He is well formed. He is generally happy in his society where no ruler overrides his conscience. He likes to advance and he is quick to learn. He likes to give rather than take”.

Culturally, the Igbos are a very diverse group with different clans, families, subcultures, and subgroups. However, the customs are similar with local varieties. Although there are disagreements about the origins of the Igbos, there is a consensus that they originated from Nri in Anambra State of Nigeria. The language of the Igbos is Igbo or Ibo. It is one of the largest spoken languages in Africa, with Hausa and Yoruba. Igbo speaking people are divided into five geographically based subcultures-Northern Igbo, Western Igbo, Southern Igbo, Eastern Igbo and Northeastern Igbo. Not as urbanized as the Yoruba, they live in multitudinous villages, fragmented into small family groups. They do not have hereditary chiefs like the the Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani. Every Igbo more or less is his or her own master. The Igbos operate the “Umunna System”, which emphasizes the patrilineal heritage, rather than the matrilineal. Some of the important Igbo cities include, Onitsha, Enugu, Umuahia, Aba, Asaba, Abakaliki, Owerri, Nsukka.

In commerce, the Igbos are a mobile, vividly industrious people who have spread all over Nigeria and Africa as traders and small merchants. In countries like Gabon, Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea, Sierra Leone, Togo, and Gambia, Igbo traders predominate in retail trade. Most Igbos are clannish, despite their individualism and hold closely together in non Igbo communities. They are often very unpopular in the communities they live in, because they push very hard to make money and often dominate the retail business in alien communities. In his book, the Brutality of Nations, Dan Jacobs describes the Igbos “as ambitious, dynamic and progressive people whose education and abilities did not endear them to those among whom they lived. Even during British rule, there were massacres of Igbos in Northern Nigeria-in Jos in 1945 and in Kano in 1953. The Igbos have acquired the sobriquet, Jews of Africa”[/b].

6 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2015
asEdeyHOT:

How is it fine?

How were they able to determine which student comes from Yoruba, Ibo background? Did the students or their parents fill out a questionnaire? Were they interviewed? Or did they make conclusions based on their names?

Can the OP give us a link to the actual journal this research was published in??

Of course parents do not fill in a questionaire.
If you read me well, I highlighted the limitation of this report much earlier on.
I mentioned the limited cohort, drawn from schools in one Local Authority Area (LEA), and also self-identification as inherent constraints.
To be clear on what informed my views, I also provided a link to the actual report.

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 9:04am On Sep 21, 2015
nwanlecha:
Chai see 'painment.' LOL! Whenever the Igbo race is concerned, only the yoruba people will go to any extent to try and belittle the achievements of Ndi Igbo, who keep proving to the 'whites' that the black race can be a force to be reckoned with. Based on @OnReflection's comments, any foreigner who is new to this thread will automatically assume that he is a jealous, old, white racist, who probably can't live with the fact that a particular black race is as good if not better than the 'whites' when it comes to intelligence. The person will never believe that @OnReflection is a fellow black man. SMH.
Truth be told, jealousy and envy remain the bane of the Yoruba nation.

^^^LoL
Igbo exceptionalism on steroids.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 9:04am On Sep 21, 2015
OkutaNla:

Mechionu there, anuofia. As much as i want u yee.bos to have Biafra coz i can't stand your empty chest-beating, even i know that y'all can do way better than Haiti. The point is that the boy got carried away in his attempt to beat his chest, not realizing that he was actually doing more harm than good to his argument. Since he was trying to sound like a smart aleck, i had to point that out to humble him a bit. Even you should scold him for that epochal goof. Igbos should never brag about any association with Haiti in its current state, of all countries. Mba. Even Una travelers avoid the place coz there's nothing there.

keep insulting Haiti, it shows how 'intelligent' and 'civilized' you are. as for you not been able to stand our success, sit down or better still lie down then!

10 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 9:06am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

^^^LoL
Igbo exceptionalism on steroids.

she just told you the truth, take it with a cup of humility, so you can be cured.

5 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Yeske2(m): 9:06am On Sep 21, 2015
warrior01:

Are you scared to affirm to the world who you are? Wake up bro, you're Igbo and mediocrity shouldn't be a part of you
You're right though but we know who we are and they know already know who we are, that they deny it everyday doesn't change that fact bro.
Let's just keep it low before they develop HBP, that's just my concern

5 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by emeritus856: 9:07am On Sep 21, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

This post above is

Dumb yeebhoe, so smuggling cocaine everywhere is progress for you. You are progressing yet running away from your cursed land every day. You have no shame, just like your father. SMh

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 9:09am On Sep 21, 2015
emeritus856:

Dumb yeebhoe, so smuggling cocaine everywhere is progress for you. You are progressing yet running away from your cursed land every day. You have no shame, just like your father. SMh

e no work, try again....*yimu*

12 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OkutaNla: 9:10am On Sep 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

keep insulting Haiti, it shows how 'intelligent' and 'civilized' you are. as for you not been able to stand our success, sit down or better still lie down then!

Don't misquote me like a e-goat. I said I can't stand Biafran EMPTY chest-beating, didn't mention anything about igbo successes. I stand by everything I said concerning Haiti coz it's self-inflicted. And if Biafra wants to end up like Haiti then knock yourselves out. undecided

3 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 9:14am On Sep 21, 2015
OkutaNla:

What is important is to elevate the debate and not to indulge in the ethnocentrism that formed the staple diet of some commentators, from birth.
Are you aware that Dutty Boukman, who inspired one of the greatest revolutions ever documented (the Haitian revolution), was of Yoruba origin?
Don't go shooting yourself in the foot just to satisfy the caprices of reprobates. That's all I am saying.

3 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by emeritus856: 9:14am On Sep 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

e no work, try again....*yimu*

Who is this never do well? You better face your gala hawking and stop looking for trouble.

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 9:14am On Sep 21, 2015
OkutaNla:

Don't misquote me like a e-goat. I said I can't stand Biafran EMPTY chest-beating, didn't mention anything about igbo successes. I stand by everything I said concerning Haiti coz it's self-inflicted. And if Biafra wants to end up like Haiti then knock yourselves out. undecided

don't worry, it isn't your concern about Biafra. stop taking our pill for us. as for Haiti, keep badmouthing them, they don't know you exist, let alone considering your bitterness against them.

5 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 9:15am On Sep 21, 2015
emeritus856:

Who is this never do well? You better face your gala hawking and stop looking for trouble.

**laughs** notice me, I have noticed you...now park well.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by emeritus856: 9:17am On Sep 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

**laughs** notice me, I have noticed you...now park well.

You quote me first and still talking of "notice me". Are you naturally daft or foolish? You must a m.oronic fool from birth. Dunc.e
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Kastonkastroll(m): 9:18am On Sep 21, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

This post above is

I think this intelligence supremacy between you ibos and yorubas was argued intensively around 2010(that's here on NL). If I could remember vividly, eziachi the only intelligent ibo folk I have ever come across on NL was beaten black and blue with his lies, history distortion and all that.

I'm not saying ibos are not intelligent but you guys are not anywhere close to yorubas when intelligence is measured. When the whiteman came to odualand, he was kinda surprised that the Yoruba's were already writing, producing our own local weapons and other stuffs for home-use.. If you can get any access to Nigeria archives, you will find a documentary reports of Yoruba intelligence that was sent to the queen of England, which was compounded by her missionaries to Africa.

BTW what do you mean by Yorubas are not progressing? The last time I checked we are the most successful ethnic group in Nigeria....... And as for learning from other Nigerians, we have already done that. I won't mention it here, but there are some other things the yorubas knew other nigerians are better than them on that, what we did was to simply watch and learn from them. And today we have perfected that knowledge we learned from other Nigerians to the extend that we are even better than them on that.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OkutaNla: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

What is important is to elevate the debate and not to indulge in the ethnocentrism that formed the staple diet of some commentators, from birth.
Are you aware that Dutty Boukman, who inspired one of the greatest revolutions ever documented, was of Yoruba origin?
Don't go shooting yourself in the foot just to satisfy the caprices of reprobates. That's all I am saying.

Guy, you sound like a yoruba guy coz all this your talk is too 'sophisticated' for Yee.bos grin. They will eat you for dinner coz they can't reason rationally even before they beat their chests. Folks like myself need to consistently expose their ignorance and hypocrisy. That's the only way you can deal with them (especially their internet Biafrans) coz they have serious inferiority complex issues. Granted a few are rational enough to debate your likes on this subject matter, but those are in the minority. I will treat their fvck up anytime of the day. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 9:22am On Sep 21, 2015
emeritus856:

You quote me first and still talking of "notice me". Are you naturally daft or foolish? You must a m.oronic fool from birth. Dunc.e

I quoted you because you wanted to be noticed, fine, you have noticed, now crawl back to your hole.

3 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by CSTR2: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2015
Of course, the igbos have the highest IQ as a group in Nigeria and probably africa.
It is not uncommon to hear people say that if you are not careful the igboman will outsmart you in trade or business.
It is all a function of IQ.
It is also why the igbos have been at the forefront of seccession.
Mental superiority makes you want to find your own space.
Mentally dull people hate radical changes and want to just keep doing the same thing.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Final Result Of Gubernatorial Election In Rivers State / Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki / IPOB Sit-At-Home: People Playing At Ariaria Market Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.