Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 (60747 Views)

Disregard. / Igbos, Most Brilliant Black Africa Race –US Report - New Telegraph Nigerian News / Igbos, Most Brilliant Black Africa Race –us report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by omonnakoda: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

The charts he presented, which I took issue with, come from a report written by Lambeth.
What is so difficult to understand here?

Of course he was being rather disingenuous, by conflating various strands of information which are completely unrelated, but then since you and I already know that much; what is the problem?

My intervention has been focused on setting the records straight for the UK and nothing more, so it is probably best that you go back over my posts.
Like I said let him make his own case he said 2015 US study he also presented some information from the US so unless you are holding the fort for him you have reinforced the idea that there is A STUDY which we are all referring to on this thread. That is dangerous.
In any conversation we should agree terminology and be sure we are all talking about the same thing.

On this thread when we say "THE STUDY" are we all talking about the same thing? I think not. It seems many believe the information presented by the OP is "THE STUDY". That is my point. He has not said otherwise

For you to suggest we are all talking about the Lambeth study which is not reproduced on this thread is ,at best ,naive. How can that be? How many participants here have read it or are aware of it?
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

Like I said let him make his own case he said 2015 US study he also presented some information from the US so unless you are holding the fort for him you have reinforced the idea that there is A STUDY which we are all referring to on this thread. That is dangerous.
In any conversation we should agree terminology and be sure we are all talking about the same thing.

On this thread when we say "THE STUDY" are we all talking about the same thing? I think not. It seems many believe the information presented by the OP is "THE STUDY". That is my point. He has not said otherwise

For you to suggest we are all talking about the Lambeth study which is not reproduced on this thread is ,at best ,naive. How can that be? How many participants here have read it or are aware of it?

Now you are just being obtuse for reasons that are far from clear.
Here is what I wrote in the last post you responded to:

Of course he was being rather disingenuous, by conflating various strands of information which are completely unrelated, but then since you and I already know that much; what is the problem?

Now tell me; do the following tables, which he included in @OP, come from the US?

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by omonnakoda: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

Now you are just being obtuse for reasons that are far from clear.
Here is what I wrote in the last post you responded to:

Now tell me; do the following tables, which he included in @OP, come from the US?
I already raised the question about whether GCSE's are written in the UK. You can scroll up and look for that
If we have a different opinion or miscommunication we should not then get irritable and then insolent.
Likely that will have unintended results
Are you holding fort for the OP?
Let him make his own argument

I am not being obtuse though your mother may have that problem.Take it up with her
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

I already raised the question about whether GCSE's are written in the UK. You can scroll up and look for that
If we have a different opinion or miscommunication we should not then get irritable and then insolent.
Likely that will have unintended results
Are you holding fort for the OP?
Let him make his own argument

I am not being obtuse though your mother may have that problem.Take it up with her

First you call me naive: "For you to suggest we are all talking about the Lambeth study which is not reproduced on this thread is ,at best ,naive". Then you follow up with slight on my mother?

Is this the behaviour of an Omoluabi? How can you even be sure that we are age mates?
Do you see how easy it is to succumb to the same uncultured outlook that often gets you hot under the collar?

I am made of sterner stuff, but I would strongly advise you to quit at this point.
A word is enough for the wise.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
PenSniper:

I cannot be blamed if you are destitute of current affairs in your ciuntry. It is not my business to educate you or make research for your consumption because you are too indolent so to do.

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool to be shunned.

Curtains.

Thank God that you are aware I know nothing. You that knows something, why can't you give us the cut off marks for Unity schools and Jamb?

Which tribe is leading? When you must have answered the question then your problemt would be half solved. By that thing, I would help you solve the remaining by breaking down what @Op said into pieces for you to understand it well. Keep wailing till eternity!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by omonnakoda: 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

First you call me naive: "For you to suggest we are all talking about the Lambeth study which is not reproduced on this thread is ,at best ,naive". Then you follow up with slight on my mother?

Is this the behaviour of an Omoluabi? How can you even be sure that we are age mates?
Do you see how easy it is to succumb to the same uncultured outlook that often gets you hot under the collar?

I am made of sterner stuff, but I would strongly advise you to quit at this point.
A word is enough for the wise.

We are not coevals you can be sure of that. I advise you to shut up
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by DonXavi(m): 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
The igbos are really blessed. We really need Biafra to achieve our potential

6 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Naijacitizen(m): 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
dejavski:

This one?

Thank you my man. Where did you see am? I was looking for it since last week but to no avail. Send me your address I will send you head to your doorstep for pepper soup.
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by petersje8: 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
We are not coevals you can be sure of that. I advise you to shut up
See them. They are fighting already. Obtuse people. Igbo soaring heights will continue to give una High BP.

6 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Curlieweed: 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
Choi!

See modern Africans arguing over jack.

That's the way your ancestors were fighting over nothing while albinos and ragheads were busy stealing the continent.

I tire for all of una. Sha.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Classicman47(m): 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
stanech:
Op u don't need all these many stories. The fact that anambra has the highest cut off mark into unity school is enough reason

Abia - Male(130) Female(130)
Adamawa - Male(62) Female(62)
Akwa-Ibom - Male(123) Female(123)
Anambra - Male(139) Female(139)[
Bauchi - Male(35) Female(35)
Bayelsa - Male(72) Female(72)
Benue - Male(111) Female(111)
Borno - Male(45) Female(45)
Cross-Rivers - Male(97) Female(97)
Delta - Male(131) Female(131)
Ebonyi - Male(112) Female(112)
Edo - Male(127) Female(127)
Ekiti - Male(119) Female(119)
Enugu - Male(134) Female(134)
Gombe - Male(58) Female(58)
Imo - Male(138) Female(138)
Jigawa - Male(44) Female(44)
Kaduna - Male(91) Female (91)
Kano - Male(67) Female(67)
Kastina - Male(60) Female(60)
Kebbi - Male(9) Female(20)
Kogi - Male(119) Female(119)
Kwara - Male(123) Female(123)
Lagos - Male(133) Female(133)
Nassarawa - Male(58) Female(58)
Niger - Male(93) Female(93)
Ogun - Male(131) Female(131)
Ondo - Male(126) Female(126)
Osun - Male(127) Female(127)
Oyo - Male(127) Female(127)
Plateau - Male(97) Female(97)
Rivers - Male(118) Female(118)
Sokoto - Male(9) Female(13)
Taraba - Male(3) Female(11)
Yobe - Male(2) Female(27)
Zamfara - Male(4) Female(2)
FCT Abuja - Male(90) Female(90)

Anambra 139
Imo 138
Ebonyi 112. The odd one out
Abia 130
Enugu 138

U are sick!
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
Classicman47:

U are sick!
Why do u call him sick?

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by omonnakoda: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
petersje8:
See them. They are fighting already. Obtuse people. Igbo soaring heights will continue to give una High BP.
certainly we agree that the OP is full of shittt . About tat there is no doubt
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
certainly we agree that the OP is full of shittt . About tat there is no doubt
Have you checked your BP today?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by omonnakoda: 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
imhotep:

Has my father checked his BP today? Death is round the corner
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Bialegend(m): 3:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
warrior01:
I no talk am......
Na me talk am?
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Classicman47(m): 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
imhotep:

Why do u call him sick?

Did u read everythng in dat post of his? He shld know better than labelling ppl.
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by stanech: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Classicman47:

U are sick!
Now see one of the low cut off mark product I am talking about.
Ur whole family is sick

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
Curlieweed:
@op Mr Manchy7531,

You missed the bigger point of the articles. I don't think it's a question of Igbo being intellectually superior, it's a rebuttal of the genetic basis for IQ score differences between the "races" propounded by certain Eurocentric scientists to explain both the lower levels of socio-economic development in Africa and the persistent relatively lower levels of socio-economic achievements especially among African Americans. The articles make a case for the environmental basis for IQ score differentials.

Plus the OP is an id*iot, he put up an article about the U.S , but the chart he posted is about England.
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Markachi666(m): 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
stanech:
Op u don't need all these many stories.
Abia - Male(130) Female(130)
Adamawa - Male(62) Female(62)
Akwa-Ibom - Male(123) Female(123)
Anambra - Male(139) Female(139)[
Bauchi - Male(35) Female(35)
Bayelsa - Male(72) Female(72)
Benue - Male(111) Female(111)
Borno - Male(45) Female(45)
Cross-Rivers - Male(97) Female(97)
Delta - Male(131) Female(131)
Ebonyi - Male(112) Female(112)
Edo - Male(127) Female(127)
Ekiti - Male(119) Female(119)
Enugu - Male(134) Female(134)
Gombe - Male(58) Female(58)
Imo - Male(138) Female(138)
Jigawa - Male(44) Female(44)
Kaduna - Male(91) Female (91)
Kano - Male(67) Female(67)
Kastina - Male(60) Female(60)
Kebbi - Male(9) Female(20)
Kogi - Male(119) Female(119)
Kwara - Male(123) Female(123)
Lagos - Male(133) Female(133)
Nassarawa - Male(58) Female(58)
Niger - Male(93) Female(93)
Ogun - Male(131) Female(131)
Ondo - Male(126) Female(126)
Osun - Male(127) Female(127)
Oyo - Male(127) Female(127)
Plateau - Male(97) Female(97)
Rivers - Male(118) Female(118)
Sokoto - Male(9) Female(13)
Taraba - Male(3) Female(11)
Yobe - Male(2) Female(27)
Zamfara - Male(4) Female(2)
FCT Abuja - Male(90) Female(90)

Abia - Male(130) Female(130 Anambra - Male(139) Female(139) Delta - Male(131) Female(131) Imo - Male(138) Female(138) Lagos - Male(133) Female(133) Ogun - Male(131) Female(131) Akwa-Ibom - Male(123) Female(123) Edo - Male(127) Female(127) Kwara - Male(123) Female(123) Ondo - Male(126) Female(126) Osun - Male(127) Female(127) Oyo - Male(127) Female(127)

Sokoto - Male(9) Female(13) Taraba - Male(3) Female(11) Yobe - Male(2) Female(27) Zamfara - Male(4) Female(2)

I wish elders in the north would encourage their younger generation to fully embrace western education

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Shymm3x: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
I stopped reading when I saw African Ibo vs Yoruba Lambeth.

Why compare the overall performance of Ibos to only the Yorubas in Lambeth, especially since Lambeth is a disadvantaged borough?

Compare the performance of Yorubas in Bexley Borough with Igbos in Haringey, since it seems Yorubas dominate Bexley and it isn't a disadvantaged area and I believe a lot of Igbos live in Haringey, especially Tottenham.

These Igbos and their useless propaganda and the need to always create fictitious websites to spread lies. There's no record in the UK where Nigerians are divided into ethnic groups, to show GCSE performance. Everything on the UK's government database is done based on groups (black African, Caribbean etc.) and nationality. And no group has ever surpassed the Chinese and Indians - not even ethnic Brits.

Igbos are lying bastards!

Utter crap!

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Shymm3x: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
I went to school with a lot of Igbos - from nursery level.

And apart from Igbo chics who're somewhat smart - I've never met any Igbo guy that you can even label as intelligent or an A student.

Even my darg that's Igbo spent more than 3 years in College before getting into Uni...and he isn't even book smart at all.

Stop telling lies everywhere.

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

And apart from Igbo chics who're somewhat smart - I've never met any Igbo guy that you can even label as intelligent or an A student.

Even my darg that's Igbo spent more than 3 years in College before getting into Uni...and he isn't even book smart at all.

your biase won't change the truth. go and sell your lies elsewhere.

5 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by raphy(m): 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
*sermon* on d moutain u guys hv been sermonize i cnt even read all eye de turn me *runs out*
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Abagworo(m): 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Statistics is important because different people have different personal experience causing a biased result if singular experience is used as absolute parameter.

4 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Shymm3x: 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

your biase won't change the truth. go and sell your lies elsewhere.

STFU! Who has time for bias? If the stats were legit - I would've ignored the thread. However, when you do copy and paste job for vacuous superiority, I would call you out for it.

Until recently, there weren't that many Nigerians in Lambeth. You've got Igbos and Ghanaians scattered around better places like Streatham, Clapham, Balham, Crystal Palace, and Herne Hill - and the few Yorubas living in Lambeth, predominantly in disadvantaged Stockwell, Kennington, and Brixton cos of the proximity of those places to Peckham - which is little Lagos. But that's the premise you want to tout for non-existent superiority.

How about let's compare the performance of Yorubas in Finsbury Park and Finchley vs Igbos from Tottenham, and let's see if they will be able to compete. Or Bexley vs. Haringey.

Even the irrelevant premise showed vast improvement from 2009-2011, after the inner city schools were improved. Everyone out here knows Igbos guys aren't intelligent at all - all they do is run their mouths like the ones in naij. I'll ring my other childhood friend, who's Bini, and record the conversation about what I saw on this thread - so you can hear what he's going to say. Bare jokes!

GTFOH with Igbos and high IQ - apart from the Igbo chics, who're decent and somewhat book smart, don't ever mention Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Shymm3x: 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
This is from the UK government:

https://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/downloadableDocs/213_1.pdf

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20130401151715/http://www.education.gov.uk/publications/eOrderingDownload/RTP01-03MIG1734.pdf

The UK government doesn't even do classifications based on ethnic groups within a country. I honestly don't know where these plonkers got the Lambeth link from. And even if Igbos outperformed Yorubas in Lambeth in 2009 and 2010, but both were almost on the same level in 2011 - how does that make Igbo the most brilliant African race?

How about the Luganda folks who outperformed everyone in 2011? Shouldn't Luganda speakers be the most brilliant of them all? I guess Ugandans are smarter than Nigerians then, based on the stats, no?

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

STFU! Who has time for bias? If the stats were legit - I would've ignored the thread. However, when you do copy and paste job for vacuous superiority, I would call you out for it.

Until recently, there weren't that many Nigerians in Lambeth. You've got Igbos and Ghanaians scattered around better places like Streatham, Clapham, Balham, Crystal Palace, and Herne Hill - and the few Yorubas living in Lambeth, predominantly in disadvantaged Stockwell, Kennington, and Brixton cos of the proximity of those places to Peckham - which is little Lagos. But that's the premise you want to tout for non-existent superiority.

How about let's compare the performance of Yorubas in Finsbury Park and Finchley vs Igbos from Tottenham, and let's see if they will be able to compete. Or Bexley vs. Haringey.

Even the irrelevant premise showed vast improvement from 2009-2011, after the inner city schools were improved. Everyone out here knows Igbos guys aren't intelligent at all - all they do is run their mouths like the ones in naij. I'll ring my other childhood friend, who's Bini, and record the conversation about what I saw on this thread - so you can hear what he's going to say. Bare jokes!

GTFOH with Igbos and high IQ - apart from the Igbo chics, who're decent and somewhat book smart, don't ever mention Igbos.

your love for Igbo girls is noted, either way, they are still IGBOS ......

.....and you want to call a Bini to do what? Bini and Yoruba are related as far as am concerned. his or her testimony won't change the status quo if he or she is sincere.

by the way, I know you envy Igbo guys because we have the brain, the cash, and the girl..... hating on us won't solve your malady.....

am sorry.....womanizing is terrible, am just advising youjust in case....

8 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Shymm3x: 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

your love for Igbo girls is noted, either way, they are still IGBOS ......

.....and you want to call a Bini to do what? Bini and Yoruba are related as far as am concerned. his or her testimony won't change the status quo if he or she is sincere.

by the way, I know you envy Igbo guys because we have the brain, the cash, and the girl..... hating on us won't solve your malady.....

am sorry.....womanizing is terrible, am just advising youjust in case....

Nah, it has nothing to do with liking Igbo chics - I was just alluding to the section of Igbos that I know from school who were a tad bit book smart. I don't care about Igbo chics (though they love ya boy).

This has nothing to do with Bini being related to Yorubas - it's just what everyone from school knows. Igbo guys always stink up the place when it comes to books...all they ever talk about is money. We still clowned one the other day for running his mouth about some shitty Audi A4. My boy just said: these Igbo nyggahs and their extremely big heads, all they do is run their mouths about things they don't have. grin

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Shymm3x:
This is from the UK government:

https://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/downloadableDocs/213_1.pdf

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20130401151715/http://www.education.gov.uk/publications/eOrderingDownload/RTP01-03MIG1734.pdf

The UK government doesn't even do classifications based on ethnic groups within a country. I honestly don't know where these plonkers got the Lambeth link from. And even if Igbos outperformed Yorubas in Lambeth in 2009 and 2010, but both were almost on the same level in 2011 - how does that make Igbo the most brilliant African race?

How about the Luganda folks who outperformed everyone in 2011? Shouldn't Luganda speakers be the most brilliant of them all? I guess Ugandans are smarter than Nigerians then, based on the stats, no?

^^^LoL.
Shymm3x, you've got to allow it bruv.
As soon as I saw those tables, I knew precisely where they came from - by virtue of some work I undertook in SouthWOK some 20-odd years ago.

What is interesting here is that, with no real understanding of how the system works, it comes as no surprise that the untutored mind distorts the conclusions reached in a report which was intended to serve a specific purpose.

Frankly, I don't think this chest-thumping business is doing anyone any good. It saddened me to see the way Haiti was inadvertenly dragged in the mud earlier on, for instance.
Then again, I suppose since one has to break an egg to make an omelette, all fallacies must be debunked by all means necessary. grin

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Nah, it has nothing to do with liking Igbo chics - I was just alluding to the section of Igbos that I know from school who were a tad bit book smart. I don't care about Igbo chics (though they love ya boy).

This has nothing to do with Bini being related to Yorubas - it's just what everyone from school knows. Igbo guys always stink up the place when it comes to books...all they ever talk about is money. We still clowned one the other day for running his mouth about some shitty Audi A4. My boy just said: these Igbo nyggahs and their extremely big heads, all they do is run their mouths about things they don't have. grin

chai......you so reek and stink of envy and jealousy..... pls don't burn yourself up just yet, because we igbos are getting started.....

5 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

^^^LoL.
Shymm3x, you've got to allow it bruv.
As soon as I saw those tables, I knew precisely where they came from - by virtue of some work I undertook in SouthWOK some 20-odd years ago.

What is interesting here is that, with no real understanding of how the system works, it comes as no surprise that the untutored mind distorts the conclusions reached in a report which was intended to serve a specific purpose.

Frankly, I don't think this chest-thumping business is doing anyone any good. It saddened me to see the way Haiti was inadvertenly dragged in the mud earlier on, for instance.
The again, I suppose since one has to break an egg to make an omelette, all fallacies must be debunked. grin

you and your shymmex should keep consoling yourselves......

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin / Final Result Of Gubernatorial Election In Rivers State / Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.