Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 (60750 Views)

Disregard. / Igbos, Most Brilliant Black Africa Race –US Report - New Telegraph Nigerian News / Igbos, Most Brilliant Black Africa Race –us report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by CSTR2: 10:04am On Sep 21, 2015
It is not uncommon to hear from Nigerians how igbos will outsmart you if not careful.
That is a function of IQ.
Deny it all you want, it will still be there and evident.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by SonOfEl(m): 10:04am On Sep 21, 2015
Curlieweed:
@op Mr Manchy7531,

You missed the bigger point of the articles. I don't think it's a question of Igbo being intellectually superior, it's a rebuttal of the genetic basis for IQ score differences between the "races" propounded by certain Eurocentric scientists to explain both the lower levels of socio-economic development in Africa and the persistent relatively lower levels of socio-economic achievements especially among African Americans. The articles make a case for the environmental basis for IQ score differentials.

you are right. the beauty of the research was IGBOS being the principal case study for black IQ.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 10:05am On Sep 21, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
my bro, the people you arguing with will never reason with you. They will always stick to their lies and all that. sad but true.

I know that much.
The blogosphere is littered with lies that have long assumed life form.
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by BlackBaron: 10:05am On Sep 21, 2015
I think a lot of factors come into play here.
Environmental, social and pool of population to select from.
I'll be willing to know what the score is for populations in Nigeria rather than from immigrants.

High IQ of some Asian nations has not translated into them becoming the most prosperous, wealthiest countries versus countries they've regularly outperformed.

And besides this paper quotes high IQ purely on academic scores and not shown to be actually tested.
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by CSTR2: 10:08am On Sep 21, 2015
The fact that the igbo ethnic group is at the fore-front of secession, not once but twice is also another proof.
It dosen't take intelligence to know Nigeria will never truely develop, but it takes High intelligence to want to upset the apple cart by making radical changes which is seccession.
High IQ groups tend to want to create their own space.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by joyrealestates(f): 10:09am On Sep 21, 2015
True
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by CSTR2: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2015
BlackBaron:
I think a lot of factors come into play here.
Environmental, social and pool of population to select from.
I'll be willing to know what the score is for populations in Nigeria rather than from immigrants.

High IQ of some Asian nations has not translated into them becoming the most prosperous, wealthiest countries versus countries they've regularly outperformed.
Colonialism played a big part in that.
But as you can see the high IQ nations like india, china,japan, korea,israel are leading the world greatest transformation in economic and social development.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 21, 2015
doublewisdom:
Many yorubas go commit suicide this night o.
And I will love that to happen.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by journerman(m): 10:13am On Sep 21, 2015
It's good to see that Igbo kids are doing so well and making Nigeria proud in the UK. But all the tribal bigots here should understand that this study only reflects the UK academic terrain and does not represent the entire black populace.

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Masterclass32: 10:13am On Sep 21, 2015
nwanlecha:
See as these Yoruba peeps are grasping at straws to try and rubbish the research that was not even conducted by an Igbo person. LOL.
I have noticed that once the Igbo race is recognized on the world stage for their uniqness and achievements, the yorubas are always the ones to be butt hurt about it, maybe because they keep wanting to believe that we belong to the same league. You see, the yorubas need to realise that Ndi Igbo are not in competition with them or any other African group for that matter. We passed the stage of competing with Africans long ago. We play on the world stage.
@OP please you should have clearly stated it boldly, that any African group that envy the great Ndi Igbo should not attempt to open this page, to avoid undue heart attack or suicide as the case may be.

Hehe. Your mouth sef fit raise the dead. cheesy cheesy

Great report by the way.

Baba God shower us with more of Your Blessings.

4 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by CSTR2: 10:18am On Sep 21, 2015
And the sad truth is that the this IQ advantage will not translate into any meaningful development for the igbo in the Nigerian geographical space.
Not when those with the highest voting blocs in Nigeria are not considered important in an IQ survey.
Smh.
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 21, 2015
Interesting read.
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by omonnakoda: 10:19am On Sep 21, 2015
new2020:

This yoruba bigot...get away from this thread.
I will always be around to expose your desperate and absurd antics.
One idiot starts a blog and then transplants it here as "evidence" and the chimpanzees are cheering grin

It is fictitious but more importantly very transparently so.

It has nothing or little to do with the US and it is NOT " A report" of any kind just internet pseudo journalism dressed up as research. What is the source of the RED AND BLUE BAR CHARTS

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by manchy7531: 10:25am On Sep 21, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2614116/uzoamaka-aduba-wins-emmy-role#38226903

Another great news from the igbo..

Lets go there grin

We must kill them with success grin grin

3 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 21, 2015
doublewisdom:
Many yorubas go commit suicide this night o.

Sophisticated people will kill themselves as for these confirmed info

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Isuata: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2015
@onReflection
You seem like a highly intelligent person (irrespective of your tribe) - i assume you have some reservations with the bolded in my comments?
Also, i think it would do well to have come up with a highly unbiased and detailed description of how what the @op asserts is untrue (with factual academic links) for us learners to consume.

@others
i think high IQ should be displayed in how well your IQ creates solutions for your immediate environment, on a patriotic level= how it helps to advance your nation.

@ the user who says the Yorubas have not dominated the wealth space, here's an analytics of the past and present for you to digest
which shows dominance spread.

But all in all, its evident that the yorubas and igbos are educationally advantaged, lets help the northern parts to become so too, that way, their narcissistic tendencies will be reduced and Nigeria can become the doyen of the Black race.

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by omonnakoda: 10:31am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

^^^You are having a laff.
Do you even know how the stats were compiled.
I wish I had all day and the wherewithal to enlighten unexposed commentators like you, but I quite frankly don't.
Like I said earlier, given the comparatively lower number of Igbo students included the study - who, at any rate, tend to attend better 'catholic' schools - one would have expected even more remarkably results. But this is clearly not the case. Attainment of Black pupils is tending upwards, but it is still a far cry from what we expect!

Listen, I know enough about this report and the constraints like self-identification - which underline it - to comment objectively.
Most of you do not.

THE STUDY??

grin grin

There is no study

Let us ask a few question

What is the Title of the so called study
Who is the autthor
Where does the author work
Did the author provide any contact details
When was it done
Where was it done
Where was it published

What kind of research exactly are we talking about exactly e,g primary.secondary
What were the Aims and Objectives
What was the Methodology including data analysis
What is the size of the population it "STUDIED"
How long did it take

Any declaration of interests/conflict or funding

When you read research you will know ,when you read journalism or propaganda too you should know.
This is just information from a BLOG nothing more

It should not be that easy to bamboozle any one who understands the rudiments of scholarship
I declare boldly that there is no study here just a very badly written review of a motley of information from varied sources mixed up with clearly falsified or fictitious data

I would be very interested to see where in the UK data such as Yoruba origin is collected that is just a brazen LIE

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 21, 2015
'Oke rie onwuo' is not that expensive my dear. A little dose will do the job!

omonnakoda:
One idiot starts a blog and then transplants it here as "evidence" and the chimpanzees are cheering grin

It has nothing or little to do with the US and it is NOT " A report" of any kind just internet pseudo journalism dressed up as research. What is the source of the RED AND BLUE BAR CHARTS

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by omonnakoda: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2015
nwanlecha:
'Oke rie onwuo' is not that expensive, my father, A little dose will do the job!
I will arrange to send you some
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 10:37am On Sep 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

It is indeed unfortunate that a study which was intended to serve a different purpose is now been used to advance illogical arguments about Igbo exceptionalism. How do you build anything on lies? See the way you even have one commentator, who has probably never taken or seen an IQ test in his life, building castles in the air? Then there is another talking up his ancestral links to Israel?

It would be funny if such inverted thinking was merely confined to NL. Problem is; given how marketable it is, it yet another myth that has already taken flight.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 10:39am On Sep 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

THE STUDY??

grin grin

There is no study

Let us ask a few question

What is the Title of the so called study
Who is the autthor
Where does the author work
Did the author provide any contact details
When was it done
Where was it done
Where was it published

What kind of research exactly are we talking about exactly e,g primary.secondary
What were the Aims and Objectives
What was the Methodology including data analysis
What is the size of the population it "STUDIED"
How long did it take

Any declaration of interests/conflict or funding

When you read research you will know ,when you read journalism or propaganda to you should know.

It should not be that easy to bamboozle any one who understands the rudiments of scholarship
I declare boldly that there is no study here just a very badly written review of a motley of information from varied sources mixed up with clearly falsified or fictitious data

I would be very interested to see where in the UK data such as Yoruba origin is collected that is just a brazen LIE

This is the study in question:
Raising the Achievement of Black African Pupils: Good Practice in Schools --- http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/rsu/sites/lambeth.gov.uk.rsu/files/Raising_the_Achievement_of_Black_African_Pupils-Good_Practice_in_Schools_2013.pdf

Here is another one:

The Achievement of Pupils with English as an Additional Language: An Empirical Study -- http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/rsu/sites/lambeth.gov.uk.rsu/files/The_Achievement_of_Pupils_with_EAL-An_Empirical_Study_2013.pdf
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by omonnakoda: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

It is indeed unfortunate that a study which was intended to serve a different purpose is now been used to advance illogical arguments about Igbo exceptionalism. How do you build anything on lies? See the way you even have one commentator, who has probably never taken or seen an IQ test in his life, building castles in the air? Then there is another talking up his ancestral links to Israel?

It would be funny if such inverted thinking was merely confined to NL. Problem is; given how marketable it is, it yet another myth that has already taken flight.
I think you are right but have fallen into a trap too
You say "A STUDY"
I ask what study. Did you invest time to find out which "STUDY" you are talking about.
What is the NAME of "THE STUDY" you are talking about? Where was it published and on what date?
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by CSTR2: 10:43am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

Yes, the studies were meant to prove black IQ, but at the same time end up highlighting igbo exceptionality.
That is the bitter truth.

5 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 10:45am On Sep 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

I think you are right but have fallen into a trap too
You say "A STUDY"
I ask what study. Did you invest time to find out which "STUDY" you are talking about.
What is the NAME of "THE STUDY" you are talking about? Where was it published and on what date?

I have not fallen into any trap.
If you go through my posts on this thread, I did highlight its limitations - starting from its sample size.

Here are my personal notes from a similar study carried out in a neigbouring LEA, some XYZ years ago wink

Notice how I pointed out that a lot of parents would even deny that their children speak any additional language at home.

I could say things that would completely shred the conclusions reached by Lambeth to shreds, since I know which groups are more likely to celebrate their cultural leanings in schools, but I have chosen to refrain from doing so.

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by CSTR2: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2015
Another striking fact in the article is that high IQ whites tend to be nerds, with very low performance in sports.
The igbo nerds tend to very good in academics and sports at the same time, though i agree that this is not necessarily limited to the igbos.

5 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Chanzy1(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2015
It is very logical to see the intellect beef btw ibos and yorubas but did u guys not see that in this country someone is offered to go to school by just getting 2 marks and yet he prefers to rear cattle.
How did we get to the point where the country's decisions are made by someone with such ethnicity?
stanech:
Op u don't need all these many stories. The fact that anambra has the highest cut off mark into unity school is enough reason
[
Bauchi - Male(35) Female(35)
Borno - Male(45) Female(45)Jigawa - Male(44) Female(44)
Kebbi - Male(9) Female(20)
Sokoto - Male(9) Female(13)
Taraba - Male(3) Female(11)
Yobe - Male(2) Female(27)
Zamfara - Male(4) Female(2)

Anambra 139
Imo 138
Ebonyi 112. The odd one out
Abia 130
Enugu 138

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by omonnakoda: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2015
OnReflection:

I have not fallen into any trap.
If you go through my posts on this thread, I did highlight its limitations - starting from its sample size.

Here are my personal notes from a similar study carried out in a neigbouring LEA, some XYZ years ago wink

Notice how I pointed out that a lot of parents would even deny that their children speak any additional language at home.

I could say things that would completely shred the conclusions reached by Lambeth to shreds, since I know which groups are more likely to celebrate their cultural leanings in schools, but I have chosen to refrain from doing so.

With respect sir.unless you are choosing to be spokesman for the OP he did not mention this Lambeth study,in fact the title of this thread is US 2015 report or something like that and I personally asked him for a source and he gave me a link to a blog which listed a long bibliography so it is presumptuous of you,I think, to hold the forte for the OP and say it is THE LAMBETH STUDY. LAMBETH is not in the US and much of the information relate to the US too.

Unless the OP says so I have not seen any reason to assume THE link you provided is the central basis for his thesis.
Now if we assume that to be the case or he comes out to say so then we can debate the study and whether it actually concludes what we are being told about Ibos

1 Like

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2015
Isuata:
@onReflection
You seem like a highly intelligent person (irrespective of your tribe) - i assume you have some reservations with the bolded in my comments?
Also, i think it would do well to have come up with a highly unbiased and detailed description of how what the @op asserts is untrue (with factual academic links) for us learners to consume.

@others
i think high IQ should be displayed in how well your IQ creates solutions for your immediate environment, on a patriotic level= how it helps to advance your nation.

@ the user who says the Yorubas have not dominated the wealth space, here's an analytics of the past and present for you to digest
which shows dominance spread.

But all in all, its evident that the yorubas and igbos are educationally advantaged, lets help the northern parts to become so too, that way, their narcissistic tendencies will be reduced and Nigeria can become the doyen of the Black race.

I have already shown what is wrong with the conclusions reached by @OP.
Anyone who is prepared to pay for my billable services is more than welcome to have 1:1 tutorial sessions.
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by stanech: 11:01am On Sep 21, 2015
Chanzy1:
It is very logical to see the intellect beef btw ibos and yorubas but did u guys not see that in this country someone is offered to go to school by just getting 2 marks and yet he prefers to rear cattle.
How did we get to the point where the country's decisions are made by someone with such ethnicity?

This is why I am totaLly in support of biafra we can't make any progress when dulllards are governing smart people. We can't.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by OnReflection: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

With respect sir.unless you are choosing to be spokesman for the OP he did not mention this Lambeth study,in fact the title of this thread is US 2015 report or something like that and I personally asked him for a source and he gave me a link to a blog which listed a long bibliography so it is presumptuous of you,I think, to hold the forte for the OP and say it is THE LAMBETH STUDY. LAMBETH is not in the US and much of the information relate to the US too.

Unless the OP says so I have not seen any reason to assume THE link you provided is the central basis for his thesis.
Now if we assume that to be the case or he comes out to say so then we can debate the study and whether it actually concludes what we are being told about Ibos

The charts he presented, which I took issue with, come from a report written by Lambeth.
What is so difficult to understand here?

Of course he was being rather disingenuous, by conflating various strands of information which are completely unrelated, but then since you and I already know that much; what is the problem?

My intervention has been focused on setting the records straight for the UK and nothing more, so it is probably best that you go back over my posts.
Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by BlackBaron: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2015
CSTR2:
Colonialism played a big part in that.
But as you can see the high IQ nations like india, china,japan, korea,israel are leading the world greatest transformation in economic and social development.
Exception for Japan with very high IQ and very wealthy. Others still trail in the wealth stakes if we were to compare how wealthy they're in relation to their IQ.

Their high IQ has not shown them leading others too, China, Hong Kong and South Korea especially whilst being super brilliant have not exceeded the West whom they surpass in intelligence stakes. India on its own is just a mixed bag.

Like I said, academic results can't be used alone. It boils down to other factors.
Interestingly if IQ was to be measured for Africans based in Africa, it'll be likely lower.

Besides some of the most brilliant Asian countries got colonised by 'less intelligent' countries. How did it happen?

Anyway, hats doffed to the singled out 'Igbos' high achievers; grades and athletism combined.

2 Likes

Re: igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2015
CSTR2:
The fact that the igbos were able to rise from the ashes of the civil war with just 20 pounds to bear a collection of Nigeria's most modern cities and people is just a testament of our mental superiority.
Go to places that were not touched by a single bomb at all, and all you see are brown roofs, polio, poverty, mass illiteracy,religious fanaticism, backward socialism.
God bless ndi-igbo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Toyota Hiace Recovered From The Paddock Pond In Jos. Photo / IPOB Sit-At-Home: People Playing At Ariaria Market Aba (Photos) / PDP And APC Spokespersons Greet In Abuja After Buhari's Election Victory. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.