Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... (76224 Views)

All Nigerian Presidents With Their Wives, Who Is The Cutest? (photos) / 5 Most Popular Daughters Of Nigerian Presidents / 5 Most Handsome Nigerian Presidents Since 1960(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by jaybanfa(m): 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
@ibnsultan, are u sure d Jonathan pix was at UN/Newyork? And as for dark colors being worn it signifies officialdom, hence chief executives the worldover wear black or atleast dark colours.

1 Like

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by MizMyColi(f): 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
Beremx:
seriously? Can you prove this?

Nawao!

Buhari does not appreciate the input of women in governance.

It goes against everything his faith stands for.

There's no better way to prove than waiting out the list of his cabinet members, shall we?smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Beremx(f): 9:19pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

There's no better way to prove than waiting out the list of his cabinet members, shall we?smiley
please take it easy o! Just take it easy my sister

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by MizMyColi(f): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ebukaobi:

Diplomacy that led him to declare that stealing is not corruption?

Diplomacy and tact that made him sack officials that questioned his mishandling of the economy?

Tact that made him to crucify Buhari for jailing thieving politicians?

Nigerians rejected that sort of diplomacy and tact at the polls. Thankfully!

You lot quoted Jona out of context. And yes, knowing exactly what he meant, I stand by him too --- Stealing is not corruption!

Wait
Hahahahahha
Which Buhari?
The one who said Abacha never stole?
Biko talk something new joorhcheesy
These una lines don turn stale and cliche.

It is on record that GEJ had the best economic team...Until Mr Buhari performs his magic change, it is what it istongue

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by MizMyColi(f): 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
Beremx:
please take it easy o! Just take it easy my sister

Lolcheesy
I hear you Ma'amgrin
Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Ebukaobi: 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

In the same post, you said that Buhari does not appreciate the input of women in governance, yet you further stated that we should wait for his list of cabinet minsters.

Therefore, you do not have any evidence to justify your first statement, well, other than the fact that you have created an opinion of Buhari in your own mind.

It is even more disturbing that your opinion is partly based on the fact that he did not take his wife to an official event meant for governmental discussions.

And as far as I know, the current head of INEC is a woman, or maybe that is not good enough for you because she is not from your neck of the woods.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Gbawe: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
Mogidi:
One president respects women the other hates women.

You guys should stop this habit of opposing opinions mainly because of the personalities involved. Buhari is a serious leader. GEJ threw protocol to the wind, ran the Presidency aberrantly and allowed Patience, a domineering yet near-illiterate woman, to overstep her mark and move far above her station when she does not even have the minimal capacity to be an engaging and effective first lady.

GEJ is simply a weak man who indulged a horrid wife too much. Many do it in life but it is bad when it is a President and number one citizen of a nation, duty-bound to lead by example, doing such. Below is the Ghana President arriving Abuja. Where do you see his wife leading before him and acting as if the Presidency is about her? First ladies travel with their husbands but it is not for them to jump ahead and begin defying protocol in ways that embarrasses their husband. PEJ was out of control and GEJ indulged her because he is weak and unprincipled enough to always put the need to please his wife ahead of everything else. He did precisely same nationally to ruin Nigeria.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Yeske2(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
One knew what he was going to do in NY and was after the job he was going to do there while the other felt he was going for a jamboree so all family and friends are invited coupled with the fact that the second one has an uncouth wife who doesn't follow protocol.

8 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Ebukaobi: 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

You lot quoted Jona out of context. And yes, knowing exactly what he meant, I stand by him too --- Stealing is not corruption!

Wait
Hahahahahha
Which Buhari?
The one who said Abacha never stole?
Biko talk something new joorhcheesy
These una lines don turn stale and cliche.

It is on record that GEJ had the best economic team...Until Mr Buhari performs his magic change, it is what it istongue

I dont know what you mean by context unless there is a different definition for that word.

He clearly meant that Nwobodo did not deserve to go to jail because the sum of money he embezzled was not large enough to warrant his prosecution.

If you are defending his statement about Nwobodo then you do not have any moral stand to comment on Nigeria's future

Unfortunately for you, Corruption now has an unqualified definition and stealing of government funds is an integral part of it

God bless PMB

27 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by MizMyColi(f): 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ebukaobi:

In the same post, you said that Buhari does not appreciate the input of women in governance, yet you further stated that we should wait for his list of cabinet minsters.

Therefore, you do not have any evidence to justify your first statement, well, other than the fact that you have created an opinion of Buhari in your own mind.

It is even more disturbing that your opinion is partly based on the fact that he did not take his wife to an official event meant for governmental discussions.

And as far as I know, the current head of INEC is a woman, or maybe that is not good enough for you because she is not from your neck of the woods.

Hiohiohiohiohio
Which leader of INEC, his in-law you mean? Is that what you're harping on as his role in empowering women in governance?
Lmao.

You lot and evidence shaaaa.
Isn't evidence staring right at you in the face?he has churned out how many now? 35 appointments yes?
How many are women?
Do I even need to start harping on the apparent nepotism and analogue brains he chose to run Nigeria with? Or is it the models and media savvy ones? Biko stop pulling my fingerscheesy

Why do you people keep harping on my creating an opinion of Buhari?
Am I not allowed to?
Based on cognition, past antecedents and even what I see presently, shouldn't I have one already?

I said we should wait for ministers so that you lot will not look for an escape route.
What we have on ground when juxtaposed on the premise of women empowerment is a joke, no, Shame!

9 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

you have lost it
with above

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Mogidi: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
Gbawe:

You guys should stop this habit of opposing opinions mainly because of the personalities involved. Buhari is a serious leader. GEJ threw protocol to the wind, ran the Presidency aberrantly and allowed Patience, a domineering yet near-illiterate woman, to overstep her mark and move far above her station when she does not even have the minimal capacity to be an engaging and effective first lady.

GEJ is simply a weak man who indulged a horrid wife too much. Many do it in life but it is bad when it is a President and number one citizen of a nation, duty-bound to lead by example, doing such. Below is the Ghana President arriving Abuja. Where do you see his wife leading before him and acting as if the Presidency is about her? First ladies travel with their husbands but it is not for them to jump ahead and begin defying protocol in ways that embarrasses their husband. PEJ was out of control and GEJ indulged her because he is weak. He did precisely same nationally to ruin Nigeria.

My point as against the @OP was to reiterate Buhari's debilitating handicap, his obvious disdain for women.

5 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by acenazt: 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
DickTator1:
Why does Buhari always wear black on foreign trips, cult tins?
na him version of Black Suit naa

2 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by MizMyColi(f): 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
IbnSultaan:

you have lost it
with above

Mr Sultan, I lost it before and you told me on that thread.

Shouldn't you have written You have re-lost it?
Please be more precisegrin

Besides, I personally don't see a big deal in men relegating women to the background.
It's a norm in Africa. Stop catching feelings.

I can imagine the number of guys and ladies too who must be humping and thumping that I (a young female) could be this bold and vast with words. It is weird and abnormal in Africa.

10 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Beremx(f): 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Besides, I personally don't see a big deal in men relegating women to the background.

I can imagine the number of guys and ladies too who must be humping and thumping that I (a young female) could be this bold and vast with words. It is weird and abnormal in Africa.
wow!

7 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by MizMyColi(f): 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ebukaobi:

I dont know what you mean by context unless there is a different definition for that word.

He clearly meant that Nwobodo did not deserve to go to jail because the sum of money he embezzled was not large enough to warrant his prosecution.

If you are defending his statement about Nwobodo then you do not have any moral stand to comment on Nigeria's future

Unfortunately for you, Corruption now has an unqualified definition and stealing of government funds is an integral part of it

God bless PMB

You've been boxed and now, you quote me unrelatedly?

Stealing is not corruption.
The way we treat people who are labelled thieves is very different from the way we treat those who are labelled corrupt.

Yes, corruption now has a definition, as evidenced in how the Buhari led government quashed the Timpre Sylva fraud case just so he could win an election primary, well, look how that panned out as well.

A big Amen to that.

God bless Ebele Jonathan, his family, his supporters and all his enemies.
If he had stubbornly held on to power or was so desperate for it, God forbid the throes and counts of lives that would have been lost, like it happened in the time of Bubu and even worse.

Again, God bless G-E-Jgrin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by MizMyColi(f): 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ebukaobi:

God bless PMB

Oh btw PMB said Abacha did not steal.
Why are you silent on that?

4 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

For us at APC women are important and relegating them to the background will be against the interest of Nigeria.

PMB respects women and he believes in their abilities

for you i pray you see the light

1 Like

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Gbawe: 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
Mogidi:

My point as against the @OP was to reiterate Buhari's debilitating handicap, his obvious disdain for women.

You are judging the President too early, too unfairly and too unobjectively. His "disdain" for women is at best unproven rumours by his detractors who similarly posited, before the election, that he wants to "Islamise" Nigeria yet we have not seen that. Is Nigeria now like Afghanistan today? Are you being forced to recite the quran and frog-marched to the mosque every Friday? Is it not time to stop accusing the man of things he has no interest in merely because of primordial hate?

At the UN, Fayemi is Buhari's right hand man and one of his most trusted aides yet he is Christian. We are to believe he hates Christians and yet trusts Fayemi so much and is working with him so closely? Is it not time, for the sake of Nigeria's progress, you guys chill with the unsubstantiated allegations against PMB? You say he hates women and some say he exalts them too much by shaking their hand publicly. Who do we believe? Is it not time we focus on the developmental element of what our leaders are doing instead of promoting rumours and conjectures?

6 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by dunkem21(m): 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
..Mizmycoli smashing pumpkins ..
..reminds me of " Wonder Woman" grin

4 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by MizMyColi(f): 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
IbnSultaan:

For us at APC women are important and relegating them to the background will be against the interest of Nigeria.

PMB respects women and he believes in their abilities

for you i pray you see the light

Let actions speak louder than words bro.

The propaganda machine is failing big time.

As for seeing the light, PMB sure has work cut out for him, doesn't he?wink

5 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by sexaddict08(m): 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

One has dictatorial tendencies, the other employs diplomacy and tact to a fault.

clap for urself....u deserve double promotion to primary 3

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Has she insulted him in your presence before?

It's not her fault that she's politically juggernauted and has a voice of her own na.
You know respect goes beyond uttering insults. wink
Oh yes, she had but she wasn't elected by the people. Her husband was. Her 'voice' easily overshadowed her husband's: as y'all willingly admit, he was a meek man, kinda like a sheep.
And this isn't about feminism. I'm a great admirer of strong female politicians - - i say this at the risk of sounding patronizing - - Merkel readily comes to mind. I have no idea if she's married or not. The lines between offical duty and family roles should be clearly defined.

Imagine the difference it would have made if PEJ had actively supported the BBOG movement. Scam or not, it would have won her a few admirers.

I hear say ya sis marry for owerri.

6 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by MizMyColi(f): 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
sexaddict08:

clap for urself....u deserve double promotion to primary 3

Knock yourself, you deserve to be ignoredgrin

8 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by sexaddict08(m): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Has she insulted him in your presence before?

It's not her fault that she's politically juggernauted and has a voice of her own na.

Nooo....but go n beg PDP to return ur brain to u

2 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Ebukaobi: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

You've been boxed and now, you quote me unrelatedly?

Stealing is not corruption.
The way we treat people who are labelled thieves is very different from the way we treat those who are labelled corrupt.

Yes, corruption now has a definition, as evidenced in how the Buhari led government quashed the Timpre Sylva fraud case just so he could win an election primary, well, look how that panned out as well.

A big Amen to that.

God bless Ebele Jonathan, his family, his supporters and all his enemies.
If he had stubbornly held on to power or was so desperate for it, God forbid the throes and counts of lives that would have been lost, like it happened in the time of Bubu and even worse.

Again, God bless G-E-Jgrin

I think you are the one that has lost the plot. Unsurprisingly

I gave you an example where GEJ defended what was clearly a corrupt case. Are you trying to say that Nwobodo's theft of public funds does not qualify as public corruption?

As usual, you make comments without any evidence. You have a poor understanding of argumentation. Can you give us any proof where the Buhari government quashed Slyva's case?

Like I said earlier, anyone defending GEJ's statements about the Nwobodo's case does not mean well for this country.

Is that his new name? Bubu? grin grin

Well Bubu will be your President for the next 4 years and most likely, well beyond that.

26 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by sexaddict08(m): 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

You know respect goes beyond uttering insults. wink
Oh yes, she had but she wasn't elected by the people. Her husband was. Her 'voice' easily overshadowed her husband's: as y'all willingly admit, he was a meek man, kinda like a sheep.
And this isn't about feminism. I'm a great admirer of strong female politicians - - i say this at the risk of sounding patronizing - - Merkel readily comes to mind. I have no idea if she's married or not. The lines between offical duty and family roles should be clearly defined.

Imagine the difference it would have made if PEJ had actively supported the BBOG movement. Scam or not, it would have won her a few admirers.

I hear say ya sis marry for owerri.

why waste ur time on a wailer?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Let actions speak louder than words pro.

The propaganda machine is failing big time.

As for seeing the light, PMB sure has work cut out for him, doesn't he?wink

PMB did not ask Nigerians to vote for him to sleep in aso villa

He is working hard and will continue to work hard to fulfill his promise

6 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Meiji(m): 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
I'm sorry but why on earth is this an issue worth discussing? Of all the problems currently bedeviling Nigeria you actually have time to compare PMB and GEJ's descents from presidential jets?

What is wrong with you people?

8 Likes

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
sexaddict08:

why waste ur time on a wailer?
I dont argue to win. I argue to learn. Healthy arguments lead to better understanding of each other's positions.

1 Like

Re: When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
Gbawe:

You are judging the President too early, too unfairly and too unobjectively. His "disdain" for women is at best unproven rumours by his detractors who similarly posited, before the election, that he wants to "Islamise" Nigeria yet we have not seen that. Is Nigeria now like Afghanistan today? Are you being forced to recite the quran and frog-marched to the mosque every Friday? Is it not time to stop accusing the man of things he has no interest in merely because of primordial hate?

At the UN, Fayemi is Buhari's right hand man and one of his most trusted aides yet he is Christian. Is it not time, for the sake of Nigeria's progress, you guys chill with the unsubstantiated allegations against PMB? You say he hates women and some say he exalts them too much by shaking their hand publicly. Who do we believe? Is it not time we focus on the developmental element of what our leaders are doing instead of promoting rumours and conjectures?
Meiji:
I'm sorry but why on earth is this an issue worth discussing? Of all the problems currently bedeviling Nigeria you actually have time to compare PMB and GEJ's descents from presidential jets?

What is wrong with you people?
Relax. Slow news day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu And Ayodele Adigun In 1976 Vs 2020 (Photos) / Photos: President Jonathan Smiling After Buhari Was Declared Winner Yesterday / Seun Fakorede To Marry Sylvia Chioma Nwosu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.