Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,103 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83869 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2010
Ah. If Salt is anything remotely as good as The Long Kiss Goodnight then it's gotta be awesome. Ooh I remember that film. Sorta like The Bourne trilogy. Meanwhile, JeSoul, go and kneel down in that corner, close your eyes and raise your hands up for all those intriguing spoilers.

Er, a word for the Salt detractors, most action movies have poor plots. It comes with the territory. If Salt has a passable story like I think it does, that's a bonus even. Movies with good plots are called thrillers.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2010
@vescucci, ijaw_girl, JeSoul and justkunmi
Make una forget "Inception", "Salt" and "Toy Story 3". The best film of 2010 is the Ugandan action film "WHO KILLED CAPTAIN ALEX". grin grin No mind me jare.

Vesc, what are you waiting for? Go and watch "Salt".
Re: The Movie Club by ijawgirl: 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2010
Happy Sunday pps

obinna5000:

@vescucci, ijaw_girl, JeSoul and justkunmi
. The best film of 2010 is the Ugandan action film "WHO KILLED CAPTAIN ALEX".  grin  grin No mind me jare.

Vesc, what are you waiting for? Go and watch "Salt".
grin grin I swear thatz a "must watch" movie.

ps: Its so funny how you make sure you add the  underscore ( _ ) to my name  unlike others hehe. .like the way it is on my profile.
Re: The Movie Club by ijawgirl: 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2010
Who Is Salt? Interesting facts!

Q: Who is Salt?

A: The answer to the question posed by the movie’s tagline is one Evelyn Salt, played by Angelina Jolie. Evelyn Salt is a member of the C.I.A. and is highly trained in, well, pretty much every fighting tactic known to man.

Q: Wasn't Tom Cruise first supposed to play Salt? Did he balk because the character's first name is Evelyn?

A: Yes and no. Cruise was supposed to play Edwin Salt. He reportedly thought the script was too similar to the plot of Mission: Impossible.

Q: Is Salt's plot anything like that of Mission: Impossible?

A: For the first 20 minutes, a little. After that, no.

Q: When and where does Salt begin?

A: We first meet Salt, the character, in North Korea, "two years ago." Which could either mean 2008 or 2009, since the majority of Salt takes place in 2011.

Q: Is Salt happy in North Korea?

A: No. She has been captured and has been accused of being a spy. Rightly so. Eventually Salt is freed during a prisoner exchange with the U.S. government. When Salt returns, she basically takes a desk job so she can spend more time at home with her new husband. Next time we see her, it's their anniversary.

Q: Salt's husband collects spiders?

A: He's one of the world's best arachnologists and has an array of poisonous spiders scattered throughout their apartment.

Q: (I noticed this!) What an interesting attribute. And I assume that this is just a random fact and that poisonous spiders do not come back to play any role later in the movie. Moving on, does Lee Harvey Oswald have anything to do with the plot of Salt?[/b]

A: As a matter of fact he does! The Russian who surrenders claims that the real Oswald was killed in Russia. A Russian spy apparently assumed the identity of Oswald and then killed the President of the United States. Afterwards, the Russians started an ambitious program whereby Russian children are planted into American society and raised as operatives. He claims Evelyn Salt is one of these children.
Re: The Movie Club by ijawgirl: 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2010
Q: O.K., so is Salt a Russian spy?

A: This is extremely difficult to answer. The plot was surprisingly complicated. Let's just say the movie took a lot of turns I wasn't expecting. Which isn’t a bad thing.

Q: When people are caught shoplifting at, say, Target, how are they handcuffed when they are arrested?

A: Behind the back.

Q: When Salt—a highly skilled C.I.A. agent who is trained in multiple forms of hand-to-hand combat—is arrested, how is she handcuffed?

A: With her hands in front. Or, if they are behind, it's with a chain at least three feet long so it can be used as a weapon.

Q: Is Salt the best movie of the summer?

A: No, Toy Story 3 is still the best movie of the summer. IMO! bullshit! - its Prince of persia grin

Q: Is Salt better than Inception?

A: They are really different movies, but both are equally effective. One has multiple enjoyable but confusing plot twists, and one is a well done but ultimately straightforward action movie.

Q: So Inception is confusing?

A: No, I was talking about Salt.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2010
ijaw_girl:

Q: Is Salt the best movie of the summer?

A: No, Toy Story 3 is still the best movie of the summer. IMO! bullshit! - its Prince of persia grin

@ijaw_girl

NA LIE!!! WHO KILLED CAPTAIN ALEX is the best film of the summer.  cheesy grin
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2010
Ijaw_girl, go and join JeSoul in detention. The last answer to the last question is not honest at all but it's funny.
Re: The Movie Club by ijawgirl: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2010
^^^^

lolz, what did I do na?
ps: go and watch salt
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2010
@ijaw_girl
Will "Who Killed Captain Alex" be available in 3-D format?? cheesy

@vescucci
Have you watched "Salt" yet? undecided
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2010
Ö_Ö
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2010
Jeez, Obinna, it's only been a few minutes na! I go vex no watch am again o. I might not see the thing for a while sef cuz I'll be busy this coming week. We'll see sha. It's on my to do list.
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2010
vescucci:

Ah. If Salt is anything remotely as good as The Long Kiss Goodnight then it's gotta be awesome. Ooh I remember that film. Sorta like The Bourne trilogy. Meanwhile, JeSoul, go and kneel down in that corner, close your eyes and raise your hands up for all those intriguing spoilers.
Ahh oga Vesc no vex abeg smiley na Obinna cause me do am. When im talk say the movie no get twist naim force me mention am. No vex ehn kiss

obinna5000:

@ijaw_girl

NA LIE!!! WHO KILLED CAPTAIN ALEX is the best film of the summer.  cheesy grin
lol grin I never see am but I vote it 99.999%

Ijawgirl,
did you interview yourself? grin
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2010
oyb:

so- just as robin williams usherd in the female body suit, paving the way for big momma and the klumps etal, angie has done the same. expect some chicks as men comedies cheesy
hehe . . . apart from that hunk called Jason Bourne the fellas have not really being standing up to the genre. Its time for some sisters to step up jare cool
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2010
Ok, Jay. I have an interesting theory as to why/how you're online on a sunday.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2010
JeSoul:

Ijawgirl,
did you interview yourself? grin

@JeSoul
Abeg help me ask am o!!! grin
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 9:29pm On Aug 22, 2010
justkunmi:

Ö_Ö

@JK
Oga, is everything OK?? shocked
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 2:09am On Aug 23, 2010
Good weed is au naturale. God put it here for a reason. JK. keep on smoking and choking on the reefa
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2010
vescucci:

Ok, Jay. I have an interesting theory as to why/how you're online on a sunday.
Let's hearitt.
Re: The Movie Club by montelik(m): 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2010
Is Angelina looking under-fed in Salt or what? I know spies are supposed to look super fit, but they aren't supposed to look malnourished. I am sure false teeth she took at one point in the movie really belong to her. cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2010
Lets get a few more reviews and ratings (over 100) on "Salt" before we round up.
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2010
I nefa see am o. . . Manz busy lol. .
When una go review "The Expendables"?
Re: The Movie Club by dastudent(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
just saw salt.But no wannabe can beat jason bourne
Re: The Movie Club by ijawgirl: 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2010
obinna5000:

@ijaw_girl
Will "Who Killed Captain Alex" be available in 3-D format??  cheesy

lets review "Who Killed Captain Alex" next? grin
Re: The Movie Club by ijawgirl: 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2010
^^
shocked shocked grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2010
Hey people.
Warriz happening?
We done with salt?
Re: The Movie Club by eldee(m): 12:25am On Aug 25, 2010
I'll have to let this slide . . . I haven't seen Salt.
Re: The Movie Club by bgees(m): 1:43am On Aug 25, 2010
I just saw SALT.

Disappointing after all the media hype. 4 out of 10 . I will add to the list of movies I never want to see again.
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 25, 2010
montelik:

Is Angelina looking under-fed in Salt or what? I know spies are supposed to look super fit, but they aren't supposed to look malnourished. I am sure false teeth she took at one point in the movie really belong to her. cheesy
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: The Movie Club by chika98: 8:31am On Aug 25, 2010
montelik:

Is Angelina looking [b]under-fed [/b]in Salt or what? I know spies are supposed to look super fit, but they aren't supposed to look malnourished. I am sure false teeth she took at one point in the movie really belong to her. cheesy

I thought I was the only one that noticed. She's super thin and it made her stunts a tad unbelievable.
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2010
chika98:

I thought I was the only one that noticed. She's super thin and it made her stunts a tad unbelievable.
grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by chika98: 8:34am On Aug 25, 2010
ibkaye:

grin grin

You can even almost see her mandible! grin undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (96) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Slays In Transparent Dress During Birthday Celebration / Tboss Bares Her Boobs As Kemen Rinses Her Body After A Dark Bath At BBNaija / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.