Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83931 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by v3: 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2010
The Expendables
Starring: Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarznegger, Jet Li to name a few

You REALLY don't see to many movies with an explosive, high-octane, gun-slinging, knife wielding. . . A-list cast nowadays but in "The Expendables",Actor Sylvester Stallone teams up with other movie veterans to produce a blockbuster.  smiley

Stallone plays Barney, a mercenary who along with his band of merry-fellow mercenaries are commissioned by the mysterious Mr. Church to assassinate the merciless dictator of a small South American island. Things don't go as planned and Ross must make "the ultimate choice". . To stay and risk dying or walk away. . to save his life.

Rating
Cast: 40%
Storyline - 15%
Acting- 20%
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2010
Sorry folks! This service thing isn't that easy mehn.
I see a lot has happened.

Expendables!!
Let's go. But I wlda suggested Social Network tho. Maybe next.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2010
@v3
You gave the cast a rating. cheesy So, what do you rate the movie as a whole?

@justkunmi
Welcome o!!!
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2010
@obinna
You only get to see that cast maybe once or twice in a lifetime, Schwarz? Li? Statham? That's legendary! cool

The movie rating? I see a 75% somewhere in my post.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2010
v3:

Rating
Cast: 40%
Storyline - 15%
Acting- 20%

@v3
You gave the film 15% and 20% in storyline and acting respectively and at the end of the day, you gave the whole film 75%. shocked
No kwams sha. wink
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2010
I just like the cast, The movie sucked
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2010
Children Children stop fighting. Lol.

Expendables wasn't all that. Great cast and action sequences tho but the whole story was wack!
And Arnold and Bruce Willis only appeared in one scene?? So much for a star studded cast.

I rate 50%.

I suggest Social Network next.
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2010
@jk
Fight? Nah!
Action scenes were good,lotsa firepower but it aint all that in general.

I agree, Social Network next!
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2010
v3:

Jesoul, Obi, JK, Spikey y Vesc

You will here from my attorney if no review's done in 48hrs angry angry angry
  phew . . . if I heard positively from your attorney, he would've heard from my accountant; negatively, and he woulda heard from my hitman  grin

JK - I have no comment for you at the moment.

Vesc thank you for clearing your throat smiley

@Review:
The Expendables -
  The only selling point this movie has is its all-star action cast. The story is extremely weak, the plot is kindergarten, the action scenes are forgettable - but just seeing all those legends in one place  shocked  grin kinda made up for the weakness of everything else. I don't regret spening $10.25 to see it at the theatres. Critics will hate it, movie-goers will not.

This is the happiest low rating I will ever give a movie.
I rate 39.87654321% . . . . . . .  rounded up to 40% if you will  cool
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2010
At long iwasabouttototallyloseit last!

Jay, you is welcome anytime.

JK. Ape obey! Do you know that yeye anthem?

Maybe mini me added up all the ratings to arrive at a cumulative of 75%. Men, thanks for jump starting this joint.

I've stopped being picky about movie details. I judge them nowadays by how good I feel after seeing them. My rating of The Expendables is gonna be clouded by the fact that I thought I was gonna rate it 7% before I actually saw it.

The cast is indeed legendary. And legendary in the real sense of the word. Nostalgia nearly killed me with Dolph. Jet Li coulda been done without though. Plus he's not yet a legend anyways. I don't know where Chuck Norris was. Or Jean Claude. It woulda been complete with them. But still. Great stuff. Though put together, save Willis, they all have the acting ability of a drunk Clive Owen. Not to mention a dozen plastic surgeries.

There seems to be a resurgence of John Woo type action films and I'm not complaining. The A-Team and The Losers constitute some. Notice the 'The's in all of em? Machete is another one though way better. The stories of these type of films are characteristically ridiculous. What excuse can you have to kill indiscriminately? A bad plot, that's what. I'll not even talk about the acting. Me, I loved seeing giant bullets and bigger knives and humongous explosions. The film is really terrible if you pick it apart and scrutinise separately but as a whole, it's really quite cool.

I rate it 45%.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2010
@justkunmi
Who is fighting?
Well, I hope u don't disappear again from NL. I missed ya. Saw u on FB as well.

@topic
The Expendables turned out to be wat expected - All action, no brains. The story was just lame but I still love Hale Caesar's (Terry Crews) gun. I need it dis christmas. LOL.

At the end, I'll give it a 57 % rating.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 12:31am On Dec 22, 2010
JeSoul
Tellin me you don't have a comment for me is worse than me thinkin you don't have a comment for me. sad *wailing* Better find me a comment oh. Plssssssssssssss

Obi
I'll be on here. Don't worry. Nice one.

Vesc.
Everyone keeps crediting Expendables for its great cast. But I disagree. Bruce Willis and Arnold only showed up in a scene. Blah!!!
Statham and Stallone did 80% of the movie.
I'll give 'Red' more praise for its cast. (By the way I suggest the movie too for review).

I change my rating to 30%. Yea!

Next movie plsss.
Re: The Movie Club by doyin13(m): 1:39am On Dec 22, 2010
If I try to remove money from my wallet to pay and watch expendables, the money would rather self destruct.

And if I try use card, the reading machine go scream ''YOU NEVER CHOP BELLEFUL AND YOU WAN BURN MONEY''.

Please watch. .Glengarry Glen Ross. Old but a classic. If you have already seen it, then we have to be good friends.

Might I also suggest the Argentine film. . . . Secrets in their Eyes. a very very very good film. wink wink wink wink
Re: The Movie Club by teeluv(m): 8:46am On Dec 22, 2010
the expendable,
i think ill give it a 45% star studded even though arnold and bruce appeared only once, all action no sense,
they should have just called it Rambo continues instead of the expendables, terrible story line, acting was ok at least to a considerable extent,
Re: The Movie Club by Vieira(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2010
Expendables gets 2/5.

absolute tosh.

Star studded but crap plot, crap action and crap acting.

lame, lame, lame.
Re: The Movie Club by eldee(m): 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2010
Expendables

The fact that anyone went to see that movie is proof that the Summer was really crap for movies.
Last time I saw acting that crappy was in Beyonce Versus Shakira, a Nollywood movie. . . mindless action does not belong to this generation, people need to understand this.

We've grown past, 'hey I'm the good guy, you're the bad guy . . . I'ma kill you' . . . plot is crappy too.

So there was the grand entrance for the Cali Guv and poof, that's it . . . abeg this movie was wack.

30%
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
So we all agree Expendables was a huge letdown! A good cast doesn't in anyway translate into a good movie.

Tardy storyline, weak dialogue. All the director wanted us to see was the amount of stuff they were willing to blow up! And yeah Mr Director., we saw it. Thanks, Wat next!?

Infact I change my rating to 20%

Let's round this thing up so it won't get down to 3%.

I suggest 'Social Network' next.
I'll really like to see what y'all think about it. See if anyone wld echo my thoughts.
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2010
I've not even seen Social Network. Shey na for jungle you still dey watch film pass me?
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
@JK
The Expendables has failed badly in reviews.
I also agree dat 'The Social Network' be the next movie for review.

@JeSoul
Who's next on the list?
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2010
Errrrrmmm, I have Social Network on my laptop buh something tells me, Well make I no talk first.

I'm with team "RED" cool
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2010
I was going to 'not-comment' on JK . . . then he went and committed another sin with this (criminal words in bold and italics)
justkunmi:
I suggest 'Social Network' next.
Now I really have no comment. Final answer.

See Obinna took the correct route (JK take note)
obinna5000:
@JeSoul
Who's next on the list?

V3
Vescucci
JK
Kobi
Obinna
-->Spiked
Kay
Jesoul

So someone berra find Spikey or Kay or Jesoul.
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2010
doyin13:

If I try to remove money from my wallet to pay and watch expendables, the money would rather self destruct.

And if I try use card, the reading machine go scream ''YOU NEVER CHOP BELLEFUL AND YOU WAN BURN MONEY''.

How come my own did not self-destruct? grin
Btw, Doyin, wetin be dat for your profile picshure? shocked lol. Na wa oh. I know say you be gym freak but I no know say e reach dat level.

eldee:

mindless action does not belong to this generation, people need to understand this.
Dude, I think you're in the wrong generation grin mindless, senseless, double clutch, steroid-enhanced action is what we want and love. You berra ask sombodi.
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2010
Vesc, no vex ehn.
Nothing less than 100% cheerios is good enough from me to you. Pt 8 (i think) is forthcoming, with a section seeking your pardon.

vescucci:

Me, I loved seeing[b] giant bullets and bigger knives and humongous explosions[/b].
Lol. Please tell Eldee about mindless action grin
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 12:02am On Dec 23, 2010
JeSoul
You gave me a comment even though you said you weren't goin to comment. So your comment is regarded as a comment and it wld be treated as a comment. .*scratch that please* lol

Vesc
Dude, I'm back in civilization oh. Saw all the movies that piled up. Not so many sef. Most of em were dead movies.

So who is choosin a movie next? Jesoul shld choose if the people before her are missing.
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2010
JK. Sin comentarios.

@Topic, I don't want to pick a movie now cos my presence online is going to be skanty over the next few days. So I give my turn to Eldee or Doyin. I can go after them.

Meanwhile Merry Christmas to all my good friends in here. I hope you all have a fantastic one this year.
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 5:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
To all of you movie buffs and buffelettes.
I'm wishing you all a Merrrrry Xmas and a wonderful new year

God bless y'all

V3
Re: The Movie Club by eldee(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2010
JeSoul:

Dude, I think you're in the wrong generation grin mindless, senseless, double clutch, steroid-enhanced action is what we want and love. You berra ask sombodi.

You mean the same one someone on Metacritic described as the 'brain-dead male equivalent of Sex And The City 2'??
The only reason anyone to watch the movie was the cast, and we all went into a rage when we didn't see Arnold's pot belly. grin
Mindless action is an insult to the viewers, just like modern low budget chic flicks.
We'll give y'all time to catch up with this generation, you're stuck in the 80s. tongue

No one was actually acting, even the Jack Bauer moves seemed fake, everything was just an embarrassment, I got in for free cus my friend works at Vue, but I made her buy me dinner after the moovie for the kind of punishment she let me go through. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by eldee(m): 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2010
Can I reduce the rating I gave it, I just had a flashback of the Arnold scene and I demand my old ratings back. cry cry
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2010
Lol, Eldee. Next movie jare. JK, I see you right now. Get off your lazy ass and wrap this thing up

Who the hell is Kay by the way?

Jay, you make a black me blush. Like this embarassed
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 12:24am On Dec 24, 2010
@Spikedcylinder or JeSoul
Suggest a movie for review.

@JK
Time to round up reviews on THE EXPENDABLES.
Re: The Movie Club by viruz007(m): 11:04am On Dec 25, 2010
expendables i give it 50%. D storyilne i tink r 9ja producers level. Love that gun wiv dem big bullets. The action was ok and statham's knife throwin was 80%. All in all gd movie. Nt really worth seeing in the cinemas bt on d comfort of your laptop? Aye. Next review i move for Harry Potter and d deathly hallows 1.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 10:10pm On Dec 26, 2010
Expendables Review Summary

Average Rating-55%

General Comment- if you want to see cool action moves, plenty firepower, brute strenght and indiscriminate use of explosives, see this movie. But if you want more, errh for example, some story to back up all those action moves; that Saint Obi movie, what's the title again?, did more justice to story telling.

Next movie please,
Who's choosing a movie next? Pls come up.

Happy Boxing Day everybody.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (96) (Reply)

Tboss Bares Her Boobs As Kemen Rinses Her Body After A Dark Bath At BBNaija / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Photo Of Thin Tall Tony And Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.