Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,159 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83871 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 12, 2011
abeg i fit choose, abi ''newbies'' can't. I second lalaboi with reign of assassins.
Re: The Movie Club by WackyJ1(m): 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2011
I'll go with majority. The fighter. I'm going to have to watch it this night
Re: The Movie Club by semid4lyfe(m): 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2011
Too much dilly-dallying on this thread lipsrsealed

E be like se I go take the bull by the horn and post my review of The Fighter to get the ball rolling smiley
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 10:50pm On Mar 12, 2011
^^ mr arsenal mentality. . nor be u cause am grin
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:28am On Mar 14, 2011
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 10:16am On Mar 14, 2011
lalaboi:

^^ mr arsenal mentality. . nor be u cause am grin

cheesy grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 10:31am On Mar 14, 2011
Lets just review the fighter then shall we?. . .
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 10:48am On Mar 14, 2011
ok. . since nobody else is sayin anythin. . .The Fighter it is
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 10:50am On Mar 14, 2011
The Fighter

Directed by David O. Russell
Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Melissa Leo, Amy Adams

Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:00am On Mar 14, 2011
Your reviews. . .
Re: The Movie Club by semid4lyfe(m): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2011
Hmmm, posting via phone so I'll keep it short. . .

I like Boxing & I love boxing-themed films and I've seen quite a no of 'em from the ''Rocky series'', ''Undisputed 1 & 2'', ''Ali'', ''Against the Ropes'', ''Million Dollar Baby'', ''Annapolis'', ''The Hurricane'' etc to mention a few so The Fighter was no exception. I mean. . .the combination of some ''simulated/special effects assisted'' pound for pound action in a ring and the ''off-ring'' drama and story that revolves around a boxer never fails in making an interesting & engrossing movie.

The interaction and dialogue between the principal characters in the movie was well scripted and done and the boxing/fighting scenes were very good too. The quartet of Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Melissa Leo and Amy Adams all gave stellar performances although I feel the standout performance was from Christian Bale (Dicky).

The Fighter easily ranks among my top 10 boxing movies of all time and I'll score it 85%.

Perhaps, someone should create a thread for strictly boxing movies so we can poll and know peoples favourite boxing movie of all time cool grin
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 9:47am On Mar 15, 2011
@all
Not in a good mood today folks. sad I'll post my review later today or tomorrow. embarassed
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 10:40am On Mar 15, 2011
@obinna
woman troubles? tongue
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
The Fighter. The fact that three people's performances were worthy of Oscar nominations is testament to the acting prowess on display. Personally, I've always felt Christian Bale had that extra something but he's not as shrewd as say Depp in choosing roles that really brings him out. He simply lost himself in the role of Dicky. Not to get all technical, the film did not really centre around one figure but Dicky seemed the main character and everybody else were sorta enabling him. The story of the film is not bad but it was similar to one yeye WWE film I mistakenly watched. Legendary it's called. Anyways, there're little tricks left that you can perform in the ring to wow an audience so the makers of the film were smart not to dwell on the boxing too much but on the boxers and their lives. Mark Wahlberg did pretty good in his not entirely grown up kinda way which is the way I always see him even in the film Four Brothers. Amy Adams was ok but I'm not sure about her nomination. I'm not crazy about Melissa but she did a stellar job in the film. She was more than a tad convincing. The only things the film lack to me is a memorable quote or scene. I am very sure I'll have forgotten about it by next year even with its success. I won't be telling my children about it. I rate it 75%
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2011
The fighter!

I was reluctant to watch this movie at first but after i found out it had won several awards, i thought why not and it didn't disappoint.
I like the fact that they didn't stress too much on boxing but rather on the lives of people around Micky and how they influenced him both positively and negatively. .
Dicky(the character) was on point in the acting as well. . .It was also annoying to hear the mum say "Thats dicky his brother, he taught him everything he knows". . grin

The movie may have been a tiny bit different to what happened for real. . well that's how it is with movies based on true story. . Producer adds some twists to make it more interesting!

80% for me! spot on movie!
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2011
Nice work guys wink
@JK
Next movie smiley
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^
Are you high or sumn? grin
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2011
^
No. Ode oshi tongue
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2011
lol. .
are we done reviewing?
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
Yes we are smiley
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 5:28pm On Mar 15, 2011
The Fighter review summary

General comments: the movie did really well at the last Oscars. . enough reason to want to see it. Stellar performances from Bale and Wahlberg. See it if you havent.

Average rating : 80% (from 3 reviews)

Next movie. . .?
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2011
justkunmi:

@obinna
woman troubles? tongue

@justkunmi
You think everything is a joke. angry I don't know whether you said that to cheer me up or to annoy me. I was in a bad mess earlier today but thank God everything has been resolved. cool The gbese was heavy. shocked

WOW!! Reviews for THE FIGHTER has ended. shocked Which kain express service be dis? cheesy But I have to say, Semid4lyfe, vescucci and lalaboi gave nice reviews. wink Christian Bale was the BOMB!!! cool

What's next on the menu?
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 7:03pm On Mar 15, 2011
obinna5000:

WOW!! Reviews for THE FIGHTER has ended. shocked Which kain express service be dis?

What's next on the menu?

Me sef bow!. . e pass DHL sef lol. . .
Re: The Movie Club by semid4lyfe(m): 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2011
@ Obinna
Glad you don resolve the gbege wey you get and I dey happy for you. cool

Hopefully, you'd get off my case and stop criticising my taste in movies grin
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2011
semid4lyfe:

@ Obinna
Hopefully, you'd get off my case ans stop criticising my taste in movies grin[/i]

@semid4lyfe
cheesy grin grin OK!!
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2011
Hmmmn, and here was I thinking the problem was that your tailor made suit had one sleeve longer than the other by a millimeter. Thank God you're safe now. Not in time for a review it seems. They wrapped the review up with the speed of Guy Fawkes' 'trial'.

PDP rules grin
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
@vescucci
Maybe JK just rounded it up quickly on purpose because he has not seen the movie. Whether na PDP or ACN or paddy-paddy rule, I just don't get it.
Re: The Movie Club by viruz007(m): 1:43am On Mar 16, 2011
i suggest DRIVE ANGRY or RED, cool
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 7:43am On Mar 16, 2011
DRIVE ANGRY!! I haven't seen it but I try to avoid Nicolas Cage movies as much as possible. cheesy

Suggestions:
127 HOURS (2010)
RED (2010)
BLACK SWAN (2010)
THE HURT LOCKER (2009) cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 8:12am On Mar 16, 2011
[size=3pt]Damn, this girl again![/size]

Haven't we reviewed RED before? undecided If not, lets review it.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 8:45am On Mar 16, 2011
@Obinna
My bad. . sorry for my insensitivity. .
hope you're ok now tho. .

@all
v3:

Nice work guys wink
@JK
Next movie smiley
justkunmi:

lol. .
are we done reviewing?

v3:

Y[b]es we are[/b] smiley

I'll really like to say at this point that the notions and comments bout my personal wishes affecting what goes on in this place is very . . . and i say again very unfair!!
Never for once have I done anything here without at least one person suggesting it or clamoring for it. .
I even go as far as not voting. .or not suggesting movies so y'all wont say I'm influencing anything. But I guess it can never be that easy. .

Sorry folks. . next time. we'll wait for a full house before anything is done.

and Obinna. . you can still post your review. .we can always edit the average rating.

Gracias. .

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (96) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Slays In Transparent Dress During Birthday Celebration / Tboss Bares Her Boobs As Kemen Rinses Her Body After A Dark Bath At BBNaija / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.