Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83648 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 9:45am On Apr 04, 2011
@justkunmi
I also like the comic book feel as well.
I enjoyed SIN CITY a lot more than that crappy THE SPIRIT. tongue Frank Miller sucks as a director without Robert Rodriguez.
Re: The Movie Club by georgio(m): 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
RUNNING SCARED[color=#990000][/color]
Directed by Wayne Kramer

Produced by Andrew Pfeffer

Written by Wayne Kramer

Starring Paul Walker
Cameron Bright
Vera Farmiga
Chazz Palminteri
Alex Neuberger

The movie begins with Joey Gazelle (Paul Walker) driving with a boy, Oleg Yugorsky (Cameron Bright). Oleg has a blood stain on his shirt, implying that he had been shot. The movie then flashes back eighteen hours before the unfolding scene. Joey, a low-level mafioso, is attending a drug deal with his boss Tommy (Johnny Messner) and associate Sal when a trio of masked men burst in and try to steal the drugs and money. When Tommy shoots one of the hoods, a shootout commences in which all the drug dealers and two of the hoods are killed, forcing their leader to flee. Tommy then discovers that the men were dirty cops. As the mobsters flee in a panic, Tommy gives the murder weapons to Joey, telling him to get rid of them.

Rather than dispose of the guns, Joey goes home to his wife Teresa (Vera Farmiga) and son Nicky (Alex Neuberger), and hides the guns in the basement while Nicky and his friend from next door, Oleg, secretly watch. Oleg returns home to his abusive stepfather Anzor Yugorsky (Karel Roden), the outcast nephew of the Russian mob boss Ivan Yugorsky (John Noble), and battered mother Mila (Ivana Miličević). When Anzor becomes belligerent towards Oleg, Oleg shoots him with a nickel-plated .38 that he had stolen from Joey's basement. Next door, the Gazelle family is disrupted by the gunshots and Joey rushes next door. He finds Anzor wounded, and Oleg gone. When Anzor describes the weapon to Joey, he realizes that Oleg had stolen one of the murder weapons, and rushes out in a frantic search to find Oleg and the gun

Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2011
shocked
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
I guess i need to go watch sin city then grin
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
Someone show rookie the ropes. Or put him on a leash.
Re: The Movie Club by georgio(m): 7:41am On Apr 05, 2011
lalaboi:

I guess i need to go watch sin city then grin

@lalaboi, you mean you ve not watched sin city
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 7:44am On Apr 05, 2011
@georgio
You've not given ur review on SIN CITY.
Re: The Movie Club by georgio(m): 8:11am On Apr 05, 2011
obinna5000:

@georgio
You've not given your review on SIN CITY.

The most literal translation of a graphic novel (don’t call it a ‘comic book’ – I’ve learned that lesson the hard way) to film yet, “Sin City” doesn’t settle for just using Frank Miller’s stories – The Hard Goodbye, The Big Fat Kill, and That Yellow Bastard – as jumping off points. Instead, filmmaker/digital devotee Rodriguez chose to shoot the movie sticking to the graphic novels as close as cinematically possible, even going as far as using Miller’s dialogue in the film. The result is not so much simply a movie as it is a whole new film-going experience. Rodriguez combined his love of film noir with the desire to bring “Sin City” to the screen and created, along with co-director/"Sin City" guru Frank Miller, an ultra-violent explosion of blood, guts, and gore that’s so highly stylized, the shock value is somewhat lessened while the film remains true to the dark world of Miller’s “Sin City.”

Re: The Movie Club by v3: 8:11am On Apr 05, 2011
georgio:

RUNNING SCARED[color=#990000][/color]
Directed by Wayne Kramer

Produced by Andrew Pfeffer

Written by Wayne Kramer

Starring Paul Walker
Cameron Bright
Vera Farmiga
Chazz Palminteri
Alex Neuberger

The movie begins with Joey Gazelle (Paul Walker) driving with a boy, Oleg Yugorsky (Cameron Bright). Oleg has a blood stain on his shirt, implying that he had been shot. The movie then flashes back eighteen hours before the unfolding scene. Joey, a low-level mafioso, is attending a drug deal with his boss Tommy (Johnny Messner) and associate Sal when a trio of masked men burst in and try to steal the drugs and money. When Tommy shoots one of the hoods, a shootout commences in which all the drug dealers and two of the hoods are killed, forcing their leader to flee. Tommy then discovers that the men were dirty cops. As the mobsters flee in a panic, Tommy gives the murder weapons to Joey, telling him to get rid of them.

Rather than dispose of the guns, Joey goes home to his wife Teresa (Vera Farmiga) and son Nicky (Alex Neuberger), and hides the guns in the basement while Nicky and his friend from next door, Oleg, secretly watch. Oleg returns home to his abusive stepfather Anzor Yugorsky (Karel Roden), the outcast nephew of the Russian mob boss Ivan Yugorsky (John Noble), and battered mother Mila (Ivana Miličević). When Anzor becomes belligerent towards Oleg, Oleg shoots him with a nickel-plated .38 that he had stolen from Joey's basement. Next door, the Gazelle family is disrupted by the gunshots and Joey rushes next door. He finds Anzor wounded, and Oleg gone. When Anzor describes the weapon to Joey, he realizes that Oleg had stolen one of the murder weapons, and rushes out in a frantic search to find Oleg and the gun

shocked shocked
While we're waiting for PoTC 4. .Mr. Bruckheimer is already planning for a 5th. .Abeg, make dem do am reach 10, then i'll buy the DVD box cool
Re: The Movie Club by Vieira(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2011
Are we just randomly reviewing movies now?
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 9:02am On Apr 05, 2011
^
No!
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:12am On Apr 05, 2011
georgio:

@lalaboi, you mean you ve not watched sin city

georgio, I thought you've not seen Sin City yourself. . .thats why you reviewed another movie
Re: The Movie Club by shaurya: 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2011
hey thanks for providing the review !
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 2:54pm On Apr 06, 2011
Sin City is one of my favourite movies ever!!!!!!!!
I mean, apart from the fact that the green thing the senator's son became in the end looks like my boss - baba kekere. grin grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2011
spikedcylinder:

I mean, apart from the fact that the green thing the senator's son became in the end[b] looks like my boss - baba kekere[/b]. grin grin grin

roflmao grin grin cheesy

@georgio
shocked
Re: The Movie Club by Kay17: 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2011
I heard that Sin City 2 is coming up and it would feature its own host of all stars including Johnny Depp. I can't wait. Also Sin City is a masterpiece, the instant action and crazy dialogue and the black and white concept. Gave a friend the movie and I didn't rest for a week.

Running Scared started well and deceitfully with the remainder packing all the junk. Stupid film
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2011
Ok, it's a wrap!
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2011
@Kay 17
Sin City 2 is coming up alright. But not this year.

spikedcylinder:

I mean, apart from the fact that the green thing the senator's son became in the end looks like my boss - baba kekere. grin grin grin

@spikedcylinder
Spike! Spike! grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2011
Sin City review summary.

General comments : Great adaptation. probably the best ever. 'colorful' graphics. Lovely sight. Great cast. Great directing. Great film. See it if you haven't.

Average rating 87.5% (from 4 reviews but 2 ratings)
Pls always rate the movie after reviewing.
Thanks.

Next movie
Re: The Movie Club by Vieira(m): 5:06pm On Apr 07, 2011
Limitless!
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2011
Vieira:

Limitless!

@Vieira
I've not seen "Limitless" yet.

@topic
SUGGESTIONS:

- Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
- Limitless
- The Hurt Locker  cheesy
- My Name is Khan
- Black Swan
- The Last Airbender grin [size=3pt](The Last Fartbender)[/size]
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2011
@Obinna
Hurt Locker? I effin' wasted some precious minutes of my life watching that garbage. .
The Last Fartbender looks interesting, iVote. cool
Haven't seen Limitless yet.
Re: The Movie Club by Vieira(m): 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
v3:

@Obinna
[b]Hurt Locker? I effin' wasted some precious minutes of my life watching that garbage. .[/b]The Last Fartbender looks interesting, iVote. cool
Haven't seen Limitless yet.

Garbage? me and you go fight o!
I loved that film, very well deserved Oscar!
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
I think Hurt Locker was good but I dunno if it deserved some of the Oscars it got. It deserved others though
Re: The Movie Club by semid4lyfe(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2011
Hurt Locker?. . .an extremely boring film that was well made.
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2011
I'll lose the extremely and concur. . . . . . ever so slightly
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Hurt Locker?. . .an extremely boring film that was well made.

cheesy grin
Re: The Movie Club by Vieira(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2011
smh
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
Hehe, don't let your head fall off o. Lol
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2011
Black Swan
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 8:03am On Apr 11, 2011
Lets review the Bollywood. . . "My name is Khan"
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 9:36am On Apr 11, 2011
Just watched the trailer for PoTC: On Stranger Tides. I'm in love with the movie already kiss kiss
And i get some spanish. .si si penelope siiiiiiiii shocked kiss kiss

Can we review PoTC trilogy. . please kiss kiss cool cool
If this movie doesn't win an award. .make i reserve the curse first angry cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (Reply)

NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / K.brule And Khloe Disqualified From The Big Brother House (details) / BBNaija: Tacha Slays In Transparent Dress During Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.