Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? (13761 Views)

He Is Too Shy / Is She Worth Marrying??? / When A Man You Love Is Too Shy To Woo You, What Do You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by Archilles(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2009
@Poster,
I dont think its possible. Comon, for you to get to the stage of proposing, you will have passed through the "toasting" stage, the "ask for sex" stage. These stages are far more difficult that the proposing stage. If a man has the courage (or suppressed his shyness enough) to ask a girl out, then stays the relationship long enough to ask for sex (which is the shy guy's nemesis), then i'm sure he wont have a problem proposing.

But if na the girl do the toasting, lure the guy to bed, all because the guy is shy. Then, please dont complain, just finish the good work by proposing to him.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by asweetcake: 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2009
Archilles:

@Poster,
I dont think its possible. Comon, for you to get to the stage of proposing, you will have passed through the "toasting" stage, the "ask for sex" stage. These stages are far more difficult that the proposing stage. If a man has the courage (or suppressed his shyness enough) to ask a girl out, then stays the relationship long enough to ask for sex (which is the shy guy's nemesis), then i'm sure he wont have a problem proposing.

But if na the girl do the toasting, lure the guy to bed, all because the guy is shy. Then, please dont complain, just finish the good work by proposing to him.

Haha! I feel you oh! totally agree.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by oge4real(f): 9:04pm On Mar 22, 2009
Na Na na---------- I don't think so.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by tpia: 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2009
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by honsule(m): 5:08am On Mar 23, 2009
michelin89:

Can't a man be shy? Is it a curse?

it's not a curse.But most time inferiority complex
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by coffri(f): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2009
Yes, some guys re shy to propose to a lady.

My guy is a good Xample of that. but 1st we were very close as friend, gradually, we becam inseparable, we are always together weekends and even we come home together during week day cos we live in d same Estate and our office is not really far from each other.

Now there is nothing i can not tell him, likewise himsef. he are so close now that we eat together, go out together, he dress me, hold me in public, kiss me in public and all that.

We have both suffer from HEARTBREAK, and we are picking the pieces so gradually coming back . we don't want to rush into things.

For me i want to marry my best friend likewise him so we are working toward being the best friend we cud ever be.

I ve made him my very best friend.

Though he his still shy to some extend, like when we are in public , you hardly see him talk or play, if m there he will only speak wit me nd my family cos he has become close to them. He is a lawyer, he seek advice from me and we tackle issues or matters together,

M very proud of him cos he is much different from my formal boyfriend and i love him so much.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by temmieboy(m): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2009
a boy could be shy when he is a boy, but when he grows up 2 b a MAN, no way.a man shouldn't b shy,what is the worst that could happen anyway he should just go ahead and do it(anything) like nike
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by slyk2(m): 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2009
The man may not always be vocal but suggestive.
If you are a lady and likes the man why not ''compliment'' his visible weakness.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by mrofficial(m): 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2009
kokoye:
A guy who is too shy to propose cannot be called a man yet. but that does not mean he wont get there.

I used to be very shy when I was much younger but I always used it to my advantage and it somehow attracted the ladies. Or maybe I would call my kinda shyness being extra-cautious back then.

But when you become a man and still cannot tell a lady how you feel about her in whatever way, then you need some help - and I dont mean that in a bad way.  I believe b4 you intend to propose, you must have been good friends with the lady so some level of comfort ought to have set in.

By the way, being shy (or cautious) does not make a man a weakling.  A lot of guys you see around with tough faces are actually shy guys putting up a front.

Being shy might also be a form of pride that needs to be worked on although most people dont admit to that fact. fear of rejection

Like me.
I feel you. cheesy
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by slyk2(m): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2009
The man may not always be vocal but suggestive.
If you are a lady and likes the man why not ''compliment'' his visible weakness.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by amaikama(m): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2009
He may be shy at asking a lady to marry him but may not be shy when it comes to shaging the lady. grin
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by hackney(m): 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2009
I disagree with you amaikama.
If he's that shy ,believe me he will not shag the hell outta her(which by the way every girl wants once in a short while) and definitely will not shag her anywhere else but in the bedroom, what's the m***fu*king fun in that??.
pardon me but im just being raw and on point.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by amaikama(m): 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2009
@hackney!!! who tell you so? shocked i don see woman wey say her boyfriend no dey talk too much but when e come for bedroom, e wan kill her grin she go dey beg am to stop before she colaps. kiss she now resolve to the give am from time to time to save her self from getting killed. lipsrsealed
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by deoye05: 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2009
well,
every one is entitled to his own opinion. if a guy is too shy to propose and the girl is also too shy then, they must be both mumu.
if the bobo dull, then the girl must be sharp if she knows what she wants. cool
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by walesmann: 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2009
THIS IS A STORY ABOUT AN ATM FRAUDSTER .

PLEASE CIRCULATE , WE NEED TO GET THE GUY CAUGHT
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by walesmann: 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2009
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by adamsabo(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2009
a man being shy does not speak of weakness
a man being shy does not necessarily mean that he can't take charge at home or make decisions,
if i was a woman i will help him make decisions through my actions as long as i can read his intentions, [color=#000099][/color] wink
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by oluwafemi113(m): 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2009
oya now grin
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by royalicon(m): 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2009
Man will always be a man, given him some time he will mature to that level you are expecting.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by afiamanu(f): 1:22am On Mar 24, 2009
hm, I think if any man wants to marry a girl he'll say so, not to be rude, but maybe he doesn't really want to get married.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by arramyjay: 6:48am On Mar 24, 2009
Then he is nt get married ever.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by harunshehu(m): 9:31am On Mar 24, 2009
This is outrageous, no matter how he just has to propose to the lady if he likes her, cheesy

Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by smurf1(f): 3:44pm On Mar 24, 2009
Simple, he isnt ready for marriage, undecided undecided
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by olaeday(m): 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2009
I believe its not all about shyness but all about fairness. A man could be so afraid of loosing the love of his heart by proposing. When time comes, I believe the lady will also say something.
Ola tongue tongue
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by oneluvb55(f): 11:47am On Mar 26, 2009
well, una dey try, but if a man is too shy to propose that means that he is not a man. i love real guys.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by 7eleven: 10:28pm On Mar 26, 2009
There are men, and there are men. Some are bolder than others, just as some are taller or smarter or more handsome than
others. Their personal traits can't be used as a basis for their ability to be worthy for marriage! Some of the shy ones
are even more caring than the loud mouthed ones( empty vessles , loudest noises!).
Just take his Xter into consideration. If he is a good, guy then go grab your man! grin

http://buzz.6te.net

Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by asomugha: 11:08am On Mar 27, 2009
if a man is shy to propose to a lady,d man is not man enough b/c that will make him to be shy on bed too off whc we girls need a man that can strike at all times.
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by Maykelly(f): 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2009
If a guy is too shy to propose you should propose to him, is verse visa grin both of you are worthy to be married grin
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by luxoire(f): 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2009
No man is ever shy to propose if he feels the woman loves him and he feels like together they are one and in a partnership

a man may feel intimadated and insecure by a woman, but then he and that woman should not even be getting married with such issues unless they are resolved.

so i think shy or not, if a man loves a woman and cant bear to live life knowing that his soul mate is not by his side, then he will propose - SHY OR BOLD smiley
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by iice(f): 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2009
luxoire shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by babycool(f): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2009
I find nothing wrong with a shy guy, every guy is the shy in their own way, I can boldly say that 99% of Nairaland Frequent Male Posters are naturally shy people, they spend a lot of time posting because this is the only avenue that they can express themselves boldly, I know what i said may raise a storm, though bitter, but is the fact! wink

If you know your guy is a shy guy, you just have to find a way to make him feel free about expressing himself to you and that is where maturity come in. Period!
Re: Is A Man Worth Marrying If He Is Too Shy Even To Propose? by luxoire(f): 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2009
grin grin smiley shocked iiceeee - my dear na me - how u dey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Most Ugliest Ladies On Nairaland / How Do Those Brazilian Girls Make Their Boobs Strong / Slay Queens Storm Quilox Club In Braless Cleveage-Baring Outfit (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.