Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio (46948 Views)

Don’t Waste Time On 2019 Presidency, PDP Tells Fayose / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand / Senate Rule Forgery: David Mark, Ekweremadu In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by MyMouth(m): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

The like minds APC senators are as good as already in the PDP, They already know they have no future with the APC.
U know nothing grandpa! No senator from the north would commit political suicide by decamping to PDP!

3 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by PentiumPro(f): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2015
Gbawe:

My dear lady, the dude is simply sentimental and highly deluded. If Buhari can damn the consequence to try and spirit Umaru Dikko away from one of the most powerful nation in the world, i.e the UK, to face justice in Nigeria then the same man will be afraid to deal with a few corrupt senators in Nigeria who enjoy no immunity whatsoever? Many of these guys won't even try it once they realise sh1t is now real. Has the noisemaker Dino Melaye not gone silent when they have all now realised Buhari is not joking? They all thought it is "business as usual" and "more of the same". They will quickly realise this is not the case. Buhari may have mellowed but his mentality of punishing wrongdoing is still the same. All who fall foul of this mentality will only have themselves to blame.

What I can deduced is that Saraki and his fellow bandits were deceived or encouraged by the perceived non interest of the President in the process leading to the emergence of Saraki as the President, what must have irked and jolted the President is the role the PDP guys played and the effrontery of bringing up a PDP leader as the DSP, a taboo under the PDP 16 years rule.
Now that the President has shown more than a passing interest, those recalcitrant Senators are now mellowing down.

2 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by dickvik(m): 9:02am On Sep 27, 2015
Am watching
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Gbawe: 9:03am On Sep 27, 2015
Ramnon2:

Pray, tell, what makes Fayemi (who was easily dethroned by a common tout) and Elrufai (a failed former PDP minister) smart? As for Kachikwu, did he not only just got back from abroad to help out? I make bold to say that the savior of Nigeria would be diasporans. You folks at home in govt (and their praise singers) are incompetent, corrupt and utterly lazy.

Go and check their respective CV and report back to me. How does Fayemi losing an election to Fayose detracts from the man's academic brilliance and achievements when we all know the Nigerian electorate is not the sophisticated in the world? is it not the same nation that ignored GEJ's awful leadership record to vote for his legendary 'goodluck' and "boy with no shoes" ruse? I think you need to be a bit more flexible in your thinking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayode_Fayemi

Academic and political initiatives[edit]
Kayode Fayemi is a former Director of the Centre for Democracy & Development, a research and training institution dedicated to the study and promotion of democratic development, peace-building and human security in Africa. Prior to his establishment of the Centre, he worked as a lecturer, journalist, researcher and Strategy Development adviser in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. He was Strategy Development Adviser at London’s City Challenge; research fellow at the African Research & Information Bureau in London, UK, reporter with the newspapers, The Guardian and City Tempo, editor of the political monthly, Nigeria-Now, management consultant at Development and Management Consultants and lecturer at the Police College in Sokoto, Nigeria. As a prominent leader of the Nigerian opposition to military rule in exile, he was responsible for the founding and management of the opposition radios – Radio Freedom, Radio Democracy International & Radio Kudirat and played a central role in the opposition’s diplomatic engagements in exile. An account of the process and roles played in the setting up of Radio Kudirat may be found in Fayemi's book Out Of The Shadows.

Amongst his numerous academic and public policy engagements at home and abroad, Kayode Fayemi has lectured in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia. He has also served as an adviser on transitional justice, regional integration, constitutionalism, security sector reform and civil-military relations issues to various governments, inter-governmental institutions and development agencies. He was the main technical adviser to Nigeria’s Human Rights Violations Investigation Commission (Oputa Panel), which investigated past abuses and currently serves on the Presidential Implementation Committees on Security Sector Reform, NEPAD and the Millennium Development Goals. He was technical expert to the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) on small arms and light weapons and United Nations Economic Commission of Africa on governance issues. He is also a member, Africa Policy Advisory Panel of the British Government. At other times he has served as a consultant to the OECD on Security Sector Reform and chaired the Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative’s Committee of Experts on developing guiding principles and mechanisms of constitution making in Commonwealth Africa.

Kayode Fayemi is a Fellow of the Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Ibadan, Adjunct Professor of Security Studies at the African Centre for Strategic Studies, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C., USA. He was also a Visiting Professor in the African Studies Programme at Northwestern University, Evanston, USA in 2004. Dr Fayemi serves on numerous Boards including the Governing Board of the Open Society Justice Institute, Baobab for Women’s Human Rights, African Security Sector Network, and on the Advisory Board of the Global Facilitation Network on Security Sector Reform and on the Management Culture Board of the ECOWAS Secretariat.

Writings[edit]
He has written extensively on governance and democratisation, civil-military relations and security sector issues in Africa. Among his recent books are: Deepening the Culture of Constitutionalism: The Role of Regional Institutions in Constitutional Development in Africa (CDD, 2003), Security Sector Governance in Africa: A Handbook (edited with Nicole Ball, CDD, 2004) and Out of the Shadows: Exile and the Struggle for Freedom and Democracy in Nigeria (CDD, 2005).

1 Like

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by olalat(m): 9:04am On Sep 27, 2015
Nw that i knw many of u nid brain diagnosis, if nt, u will nt call el rufai a failed minister. I doubt if u hv been to abuja before or u are living at kabusa. Old mumu.
Ramnon2:

Pray, tell, what makes Fayemi (who was easily dethroned by a common tout) and Elrufai (a failed former PDP minister) smart? As for Kachikwu, did he not only just got back from abroad to help out? I make bold to say that the savior of Nigeria would be diasporans. You folks at home in govt (and their praise singers) are incompetent, corrupt and utterly lazy.

1 Like

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Ramnon2: 9:05am On Sep 27, 2015
egift:

egift = Joe Igbokwe grin grin grin grin grin grin The Wailers are now running mad grin grin grin grin grin grin

What you are doing for "masa" Tinubu in Nairaland only a Joe Igbokwe can do on facebook. Carry go, inwero nsogbu. Man must wack, no? grin grin
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by oluwafemi113(m): 9:07am On Sep 27, 2015
ladyF:
Lol they can't even wait for the seat to be vacant. This is a sly move. They dont want to be follow him like housefly follows shiit to his trial again?
If the APC party and the senators ot the party stock allow this to happen, then I am damned. I for one do not want any trace of PDP vagabonds to rubbish the Preident Muhammadu Buhari's admininstration. Unless otherwise, the chane matra would tatamount to a cacophony of rabble rousing and nonetity. Why should Ekweeemadu or David Mark or Akpabio occupy the senate seat as its president? How have we Nigerians benefitted from their political adventure? Is Jagaban listening to me now? Is Lai Mohammed also reading me? How about Chief Oyegun? You people must not allow these obligate intracellular parasites to take over from Dr Saraki as the Senate President. Doing that will be their own undoing. Period.
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by godwinkessi: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2015
disloman:
All those 3 senators mentioned won't spend a week on that post before we will be removed.If PDP wanna stay relevant,they should not get involved cos now PDP don't have any credible person they can offer.PDP that I know won't do that cos they are greedy.Any miscalculation from PDP now,is bye bye to the already dead PDP.In all factors considered,APC still has the upper hand.

PDP are greedy? Does it mean all those APC people that have been in PDP from the start, betrayed PDP and joined APC are now saints and are not greedy? Hey mehn, open ur eyes, they are the same people, they never had any rehabilitation exercise. If PDP is greedy then APC is worst than that because, APC is filled with bunch of greedy people(former PDP members) that BETRAYED their parties and painted their painted black with lies!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Marcelinho(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2015
olatunji21:
pls gv it to Akpabio....That would make the work easier....We want Akpabio......
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by igbsam(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Old man Gbawe,I am sure this was not what you were expecting!! Don't be suprised man, national politics is very much different from amala politics!!! The APC are official majority in the eighth Senate but in reality, there are now the minority.Which ever way the Saraki matter ends PDP would carry the day

Quoting you for future disgrace. you will be forced to change moniker when all this your dreams come crumbling. Saraki's Abobaku!

1 Like

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by menxer: 9:10am On Sep 27, 2015
jaybee3:
How can a first time senator (Akpabio) be considered for the senate president seat?

It ain't happening!

You now understand why the Senate standing Rules was altered, surreptitiously?

It's the same thing that played out in Akwa Ibom house of assembly, a first timer is the speaker, thanks to senator Akpabio.
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Gbawe: 9:10am On Sep 27, 2015
PentiumPro:

What I can deduced is that Saraki and his fellow bandits were deceived or encouraged by the perceived non interest of the President in the process leading to the emergence of Saraki as the President, what must have irked and jolted the President is the role the PDP guys played and the effrontery of bringing up a PDP leader as the DSP, a taboo under the PDP 16 years rule.
Now that the President has shown more than a passing interest, those recalcitrant Senators are now mellowing down.

This is what I have pointed out continuously to sentimental folks like Pa chuckwudi and others. They will mention Tambuwal and all other manner of nonsense without realising that the PDP, in 16 years of leading Nigeria, produced the leaders of the upper and lower house always. You are one of the few who appear to have gotten the 'koko' of the matter. Buhari is rightly correct to be mad at how Saraki allowed an aberration that has never been witnessed in Nigerian politics all because of personal selfishness and indiscipline. I.e the emergence of an opposition deputy Senate president when the ruling Party has the clear majority to produce both leaders of the upper house. It is madness that must be punished with the political humbling of Saraki.

4 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by nationwide1(m): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

grin grin National politics is very much different from what obtains in Alausa.Better face the truth man, the pro-APC unity forum are minorities in the current Senate
Teach them Oga Chuks.

But my reservation about the story is because of the source - the nation ( the liar) .
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by chi4ik4(m): 9:12am On Sep 27, 2015
another propaganda by APC
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Marcelinho(m): 9:14am On Sep 27, 2015
oluwafemi113:
If the APC party and the senators ot the party stock allow this to happen, then I am damned. I for one do not want any trace of PDP vagabonds to rubbish the Preident Muhammadu Buhari's admininstration. Unless otherwise, the chane matra would tatamount to a cacophony of rabble rousing and nonetity. Why should Ekweeemadu or David Mark or Akpabio occupy the senate seat as its president? How have we Nigerians benefitted from their political adventure? Is Jagaban listening to me now? Is Lai Mohammed also reading me? How about Chief Oyegun? You people must not allow these obligate intracellular parasites to take over from Dr Saraki as the Senate President. Doing that will be their own undoing. Period.
at the end of the day what have you now said. Ending up confusing yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Gbawe: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2015
igbsam:

Quoting you for future disgrace. you will be forced to change moniker when all this your dreams come crumbling. Saraki's Abobaku!

He will never do that. The dude sadly has no honour or shame for that matter. He promised to deactivate his moniker if Buhari won in a certain Nigerian state. Buhari went on to win that state comfortably and Pa Chukwudi is still here posting under his original user name. What does that tell you about the guy? Bros, forget ojare. Pa Chukwudi may have his fault but he is actually one of the 'colourful' characters here and I personally enjoy his inputs here even if they are laced with sentiments and 'abobaku' desperation rather than logic and reality.

5 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by yaidi: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2015
The like minds APC senators are as good as already in the PDP, They already know they have no future with the APC. and reasons is that they all have a shelving deals .let then join any party they wish to.. we are tired of impunity. it wasn't a surprise to me by saying that sataki and he entourage will ......... saraki family has been romancing with anti party politics for over decade. the father betrayed Blesses memory Adamu Attach then NPN by voting him out from office and support C.O.Adebayo. same saraki was in APP latter have issues with blesses memory Lawal. that is genesis of is coming to PDP, however this is the same something the son want to do. fellow Nigerians these family aren't God, they are not a human developers rather to use people's for their self enrich. pls. let us weak up from slumber, it is high time. our destinies is in hand of Almighty God..thank you all.
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by blackfase(m): 9:16am On Sep 27, 2015
I am personally thrilled at d prospects of a Buhari fighting very dirty with these scumbags to get sanity back into our system & lives. People may snort at d fuss these measures may generate but d real gains are what should b looked at at d end of the day. Buhari is not out to hound ordinary folks like u & I but d vampires who have ensured we dont travel on good roads, unable to power our appliances at home. Singapore under Yew toured same path & they r d better for it today.
Watch as some dumbass plonker will come around & mention some silly talk about preserving a democracy that has been stifled by these same bandits to work in their favour & never worked for d common man.

Gbawe:

From your pictures, I am at least 30 years younger than you so if I am "old" then you must be ancient. As per the other point you raise, I think it is obvious, from the many times your opinions have been discredited and disgraced, that you don't know what you are talking about. You are always sentimental and delusional. Keep watching as APC ruthlessly claim the Senate Presidency and DSP position.

Senators have no immunity. How easy would it be to take down brazen crooks like Theodore Orji, Kashamu or Akpabio under a President who will see a fight to the end unlike the cowardly and cowering GEJ? If it were Governors, immune from prosecution, then different. Once the tacit message is sent out that "mess around and be dealt with" then we will see how many of our self-serving and cowardly legislators, whether APC or PDP, will be willing to put their comfortable four year mandate on the line to fight PMB and the APC. Which of our self-serving politicians will want to lose it all 4 months after gaining office? Bros forget the IGG (initial gra gra) . Nigerian politician are the easiest, because they are very greedy and self-serving, to whip in line once sh1t gets real. You can see the power of prosecution below to note that these guys thought it was the 'business as usual' they enjoyed under GEJ. Now they see Buhari will take it all the way they are falling in line.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/463449/cct-trial-fresh-cracks-in-sarakis-camp

4 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by oluwafemi113(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2015
Marcelinho:
at the end of the day what have you now said. Ending up confusing yourself
you don't get my point?
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Bigcake: 9:19am On Sep 27, 2015
I support Akpabio with reasons. He will ensure Buhari sits up. Ike Ekweremmadu will only act like GEJ. Too gentlemanly for that position.
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by PentiumPro(f): 9:21am On Sep 27, 2015
Gbawe:

This is what I have pointed out continuously to sentimental folks like Pa chuckwudi and others. They will mention Tambuwal and all other manner of nonsense without realising that the PDP, in 16 years of leading Nigeria, produced the leaders of the upper and lower house always. You are one of the few who appear to have gotten the 'koko' of the matter. Buhari is rightly correct to be mad at how Saraki allowed an aberration that has never been witnessed in Nigerian politics all because of personal selfishness and indiscipline. I.e the emergence of an opposition deputy Senate president when the ruling Party has the clear majority to produce both leaders of the upper house. It is madness that must be punished with the political humbling of Saraki.
To overlook the process that brought up Saraki as the SP and Ekweremadu as DSP is an attempt at trying to undermine party supremacy and the place of party control of her members, this in the long run will and undermine democracy in Nigeria.
I can only hope that such event never happens again in Nigeria.
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Rotimi47: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2015
[quote author=chukwudi44 post=38419261]
Old man Gbawe,I am sure this was not what you were expecting!! Don't be suprised man, national politics is very much different from amala politics!!! The APC are official majority in the eighth Senate but in reality, there are now the minority.Which ever way the Saraki matter ends PDP would carry the day[/quote) PDP have no chance this time around as they have done their worse when they played a fast one with Saraki; just wait & see PDP senators voted a long side APC.
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by nationwide1(m): 9:22am On Sep 27, 2015
PentiumPro:

Pa! You keep regurgitating this falsehood that PMB would soon find out , when would he find out about your utopian power of a senate that is populated with a bunch of thieving former governors and civil servants. You would soon know when the fight get really scruffy that there are far worse senators than Saraki on the corruption meter and the security forces have all their dossiers.
Let those corrupt senators just try a confrontation with the President and you would see how powerful a Nigerian President is.
Lol.
Is Buhari more powerful than Obasanjo? I hope you know the history of his face off with Nigerian senate and how he went rolling on the ground begging.

I'm not sure Buhari will survive the heat if he's faced with that today. I hope you know the legislature is independent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Ramnon2: 9:24am On Sep 27, 2015
Gbawe:

Go and check their respective CV and report back to me. How does Fayemi losing an election to Fayose detracts from the man's academic brilliance and achievements when we all know the Nigerian electorate is not the sophisticated in the world? is it not the same nation that ignored GEJ's awful leadership record to vote for his legendary 'goodluck' and "boy with no shoes" ruse? I think you need to be a bit more flexible in your thinking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayode_Fayemi

Stop quoting wiki for me. There is nothing spectacular about Fayemi's pedigree; besides I am not really interested in his mere paper qualifications, give me tangibles. How come the electorate in Ekiti found him unworthy? Like Fayose, he also give stomach infrastructure inducement to voters, and he was in power in the popular party of SW, yet was butted out. After 4 years, how did he develop Ekiti beyond how he met it? And you do not consider him failed? Don't get me wrong, same goes for all govs, regardless of party and region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by PentiumPro(f): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2015
nationwide1:

Lol.
Is Buhari more powerful than Obasanjo? I hope you know the history of his face off with Nigerian senate and how he went rolling on the ground begging.

I'm not sure Buhari will survive the heat if he's faced with that today. I hope you know the legislature is independent.
Bros the reason for the face off are quite different and majority of OBJ party senators were part of the plot against him.
The texture are not same bro.

1 Like

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by kennybabs1980: 9:24am On Sep 27, 2015
egift:

The volume of Fear that Tinubu strike you with is alarming. Seek help in time.
Pa Chukwudi is a celebrated buffoon na

1 Like

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by Marcelinho(m): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2015
[b]LET ME GET IT
oluwafemi113:
you don't get my point?
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by abduljabbar4(m): 9:26am On Sep 27, 2015
Pdp should stop daydreaming!
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by PentiumPro(f): 9:26am On Sep 27, 2015
Bigcake:
I support Akpabio with reasons. He will ensure Buhari sits up. Ike Ekweremmadu will only act like GEJ. Too gentlemanly for that position.

Lolzz, you want to send Akapbio to prison for a long time. grin

3 Likes

Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by igbsam(m): 9:28am On Sep 27, 2015
Gbawe:

He will never do that. The dude sadly has no honour or shame for that matter. He promised to deactivate his moniker if Buhari won in a certain Nigerian state. Buhari went on to win that state comfortably and Pa Chukwudi is still here posting under his original user name. What does that tell you about the guy? Bros, forget ojare. Pa Chukwudi may have his fault but he is actually one of the 'colourful' characters here and I personally enjoy his inputs here even if they are laced with sentiments and 'abobaku' desperation rather than logic and reality.

Hahahahahahaha...chai, no shame at all. The guy dey try sha. I hail him mumu-ness. He sure is d fool for a king's palace
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by harrywakil(m): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2015
Planty talk no dey full basket , Saraki still remain the the president of the house till he is guilty ! That's my own
Re: SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio by walemagic(m): 9:36am On Sep 27, 2015
Aw watching just as τ̅hε̲̣̣̣̥ eyes of τ̅hε̲̣̣̣̥ lord is watching. Let's ‾̴̴͡͡‾̴̴͡͡ whε̲̣̣̣̥rε̲̣̣̣̥ τ̅hτ̅s battle ends.[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

European Union Condemns Elections In Nigeria 2023 / Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning / 160 Fuel Tankers Allocated To The North, 40 To The South-West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.