Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT (39760 Views)

Fayose Is Right! Federal Govt Lied about the N5,000 Stipend. / Rivers Rerun: Nwaogu Of PDP Caught Giving Orders To Hijack Ballot Box - PremiumT / Presidency Lied, UN Meeting On Insurgency Shunned By Buhari Yielded $6.8m – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by DaBullIT(m): 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
sinizia:

Don't mind that spastic Idíot called DabullIT, stupidity has eroded his hypothalamus.

Your beef don turn kilishi?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by DaBullIT(m): 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
grin it haf pepper you abi?

Pele
sinizia:

Zombie that can never find any wrong in anything Buhari does, shebi you told me I'll apologize if I find out that Buhari was right for not sending any delegate for this crucial meeting? Now your ethno-religious bias the main reason you don't see any wrong in this gaffe by Buhari, has been laid bare, can you do the needful apologize for your outstanding stupidity? Shame on you!! Nobody that wants success should come a million miles near you because prejudice and dumbness will never allow you tell him the truth. *spits*
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by luvinhubby(m): 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
bigtt76:
Read well and answer the questions raised... if he goofed then its because of the team in place and that team was inherited from GEJ abi?

Then let him state so and not lie to the whole that he considered the meeting inconsequential.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Neplusultra(f): 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
lawyer:
When GEJ was carrying a large entourage to the UN to attend all seminars and Conferences that concerns Nigerians, APC Fans were busy mocking him and calling him wasteful and clueless but at the end the UN happily worked with Nigeria because we were a responsible member of the international community. Now due to APC propaganda, they praised Buhari for cutting down on the waste of sending a large delegate to the UN. They derided Jonathan and worshiped Buhari as our saviour for pruning down the number of people going to UN for conferences but now the chicken has come home to roost.

Due to Nigeria's small amount of UN delegates, they could not attend all the meetings planned for them and they had to prioritize until they missed the most important one that was peculiar to Nigeria and Internally displaced people. Its not everyday that the UN releases a statement that its Disappointed in a country especially since it spent its resources to organize a conference to benefit a country that has been crying out for help to deal with the Boko Haram menace.

Do you think the UN would worry about Nigeria next time it cry's out for help or bother itself to organize a conference to benefit Nigeria when it knows it won't attend? What is even more worrisome is APC's pride not accepting it has goofed and apologizing to everybody for this embarrassing International gaff but as usual APC uses Propaganda to solve its problems to deny and twist the story to favour them which has bounced back on its face. If it was the Jonathan Government that did this, APC fans would have called him clueless. What should PDP fans call this International embarrassment by PMB?

P:S Why is it anytime PMB travels abroad, his gaff or Omissions take centre stage instead of the substantive reason he traveled out? Either he is pissing off the Germans by calling them West Germans with President Mitchell or going to the US to mock the SS/SE and calling them the 5% or going to France to abuse his future ministers as "Noise Makers" and now embarrassing Nigeria by not attending a UN summit personally organized to benefit us and this is just 4 months into Buhari's Presidency. God save Nigeria Internationally in the next 3 and a half years. No matter what you say about PDP, it has always achieved an excellent result when it comes to Foreign Policy from Obj down to Gej and its best advised for APC/PMB to take lessons from PDP on how to comport its self internationally.

Succintly Put Sir! You couldn't have said it any better!
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
drss:

who let dis one out of d cage
na u go enter cage, infact u de cage already.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by sinizia: 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
DaBullIT:
grin it haf pepper you abi?

Pele
Pepper me? LMAO!! You need to stay off weed son.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by sinizia: 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by nigerianvenom(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

A PM to lala is the solution

Thankz boss. I had to stay mute until d ban expired
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by drss(m): 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
bigtt76:
1. I did not say the UN schedule is or was wrong, what I'm saying is that the people on ground (Nigeria's Permanent Representative and PS Foreign Affairs) had all that has to do with the UN General Assembly and side meetings, they suggest to the president the ones to attend. It is not for the President to decide when it comes to diplomacy for fear of not hurting power brokers and world leaders.

2. If the other countries in the region attended then it was because their teams on ground decided it was on high priority for their president to attend or sent a representative there. Ours did not see it as a priority obviously.

3. Nigeria of course but take a look at the UN Representative, where is she from? She probably do not see any urgency in letting the president know of the meeting and hence did not sanction it. Now we will agree with the President closing his COAS from the worst hit Boko Haram region to lead the war.

4. Like I said earlier, did the UN rep bring to the President's attention this meeting and he rejected it?

5. The greatest problem in Nigeria today aside from Boko Haram is sychophancy and dereliction of duty as can be seen in what the UN rep and PS failed to do.

Like your humble self, I was shocked at the President's absence and even more shocked to note that his speech (if I'm correct) made no mention of BH.

have u ever seen a wedding without program of activities? Fyi every un activities have schedule programs and activities. All presidents attending un general assembly have these schedules. Its left for d president to decide which activity nigeria will participate. Unfortuntaley his kunu infested brain made him to absent nigeria from un organised boko haram meeting.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
drss:

have u ever seen a wedding without program of activities? Fyi every un activities have schedule programs and activities. All presidents attending un general assembly have these schedules. Its left for d president to decide which activity nigeria will participate. Unfortuntaley his kunu infested brain made him to absent nigeria from un organised boko haram meeting.

You that maybe has lacasera instead of kunu, here is the schedule. Be educated.

http://www.un.org/en/ga/info/meetings/70schedule.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
abimic:

Nay, u got it wrong! Instead of blaming the president on an international trip, why not channel your blame to the right person, Nigerian UN permanent representative! infact, the president got invited via her office, the needful is she didn't bring to the notice of PMB's COS, I'm 100% sure buhari would have attended the meeting had he being aware,infact, those that drafted his schedule at UN should be blamed. Anyway, Ogwu's tenure would soon be over. PMB on assumption into office shuffled neighboring countries, does it look like fun to anybody? Everybody knows the purpose, so isn't what played out at New York ironical? just think it. I'm neither a supporter of APC nor PDP, I'm just a supporter of common sense!

Note that we didn't lose anything important or tangible by our absence. It's just one of hundreds of meetings at the UN general assembly. Here's the schedule.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
nationwide1:

You made no sense to anyone that has his / her brain in place. These are some of the reasons :

1. How comes UN officials were displeased by Nigeria's absence if the schedule was wrong?

2. Why did other countries in the lake chad basin area attend?

3. Which country in the lake chad basin area is worst hit by bokoharam?

4. Do you mean Buhari's meetings with Gordon Brown, King of Spain and Bill Clinton were in the schedule and those meetings were more important than meeting on bokoharam?

5. What is the greatest problem of Nigeria today?

When you answer the five questions above, you will know why you typed from emotional point of view and made no sense.
1. The report didn't mention UN officials. BTW, anybody has a fundamental human right to his/her feelings. Here is the schedule.

2. Maybe to fulfill all righteousness. What tangible thing did we lose by being absent? We go share the money together fa.

3. The meeting wasn't about boko haram.

4. Those meetings were in his schedule, plans and itinerary, and they make more sense, considering the fact that he's already made appeals for help countless times in Germany, France, Britain, US, SA, Cameroun, Niger, Benin, Chad etc. We can afford to miss that fundraising appeal.

5. i don't know, maybe health issues killing millions like malaria and HIV, or corruption, or illiteracy. These are things the likes of Gates, Brown, Clinton and co will help with. Boko haram is near coma, and we got over $1billion on their case from world bank already, with millions more in cash, intelligence, training etc from US, France, Germany, G7 etc.

cc bigtt76

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

shut it please, you are both an APC and Buhari supporter. didn't the presidency say the meeting was unofficial and not important? does that sound like they weren't aware? will you say this nonsense assuming it was Jonathan that made this huge blunder you hypocritical being

The meeting is not a priority. See schedule.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by FreeGlobe(f): 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
Image123:

The meeting is not a priority. See schedule.
http://www.un.org/en/ga/info meetings/70schedule.html
you are still making this nonsense arguments at this time? learn how to read please

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

you are still making this nonsense arguments at this time? learn how to read please

Teach me how to read. What did we miss by our absence at the fundraising appeal event?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by nationwide1(m): 9:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
Image123:

1. The report didn't mention UN officials. BTW, anybody has a fundamental human right to his/her feelings. Here is the schedule.

2. Maybe to fulfill all righteousness. What tangible thing did we lose by being absent? We go share the money together fa.

3. The meeting wasn't about boko haram.

4. Those meetings were in his schedule, plans and itinerary, and they make more sense, considering the fact that he's already made appeals for help countless times in Germany, France, Britain, US, SA, Cameroun, Niger, Benin, Chad etc. We can afford to miss that fundraising appeal.

5. i don't know, maybe health issues killing millions like malaria and HIV, or corruption, or illiteracy. These are things the likes of Gates, Brown, Clinton and co will help with. Boko haram is near coma, and we got over $1billion on their case from world bank already, with millions more in cash, intelligence, training etc from US, France, Germany, G7 etc.

cc bigtt76
Your comment that bokoharam is near coma just shocked me to stupor.

It means you're not sincere.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by samofson: 12:59am On Sep 28, 2015
ibedun:

Time to sack that incompetent Joy Ogwu. The wailing wailers can wail on.

Joy Ogwu is not to blame for this ...the itinerary was there for the entourage to see . Shehu Garba said it was unofficial hence the reason why it's wasn't priority.

That's means they knew about it but didn't send anyone to represent the country. If we had a noise maker for interior it would have been his priority to make sure we are represented.

This is another clear reason why PMB needs ministers.

Please September don almost finish ...where is the list of noise makers
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by abdulaa: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2015
PappyMason:
How can a meeting convened in the UN by diplomats be considered unofficial?

That aside, I expect the Nigerian govt to give credibility and weight to any diplomatic "unofficial" meeting regarding the plight of IDPs serious attention.

This just goes to show that Buhari and his 21 man entourage just went on a tourist instagram photo spree

This Govt is totally out of touch with reality on how to run a nation in the 21st century!

blame your Info sister (ambassador joy ogwu) for the mix-up, if Buhari sack her now you and Olive mumunatu will start shouting tribal sentiment
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Chigold101(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2015
saaedlee:

I guess you all didn't see the "if" in my statement.
Joy Ogwu; Nigeria Permanent Representative to the UN should be made to explain why that meeting wasn't put on the list of crucial meetings to be attended by Mr. President! So she she be recalled and replaced by a more competent person.
May be someone else represented the country.
blame game does not solve problems. Don't put the blame anywhere else other than at the President's feet. Doesn't the President have other people working with him? If the Joy of a person didn't include it on the crucial list doesn't common sense require that our Daura Durll.ard and his modest delegates use their brain to know that that meeting should get more attention than any other thing?

Now what did the going to the UN meeting by the president and his modest team achieve?

Buhari has plan whatsoever for anything. He just want to enjoy being called the president and enjoy the opportunity to purnish his enemies or perceived enemies...
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 10:59am On Sep 28, 2015
samofson:

Joy Ogwu is not to blame for this ...the itinerary was there for the entourage to see . Shehu Garba said it was unofficial hence the reason why it's wasn't priority.

That's means they knew about it but didn't send anyone to represent the country. If we had a noise maker for interior it would have been his priority to make sure we are represented.

This is another clear reason why PMB needs ministers.

Please September don almost finish ...where is the list of noise makers

September 30 is not too far away, may God spare our lives. It's not priority to be at every fundraising event.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 11:01am On Sep 28, 2015
Chigold101:
blame game does not solve problems. Don't put the blame anywhere else other than at the President's feet. Doesn't the President have other people working with him? If the Joy of a person didn't include it on the crucial list doesn't common sense require that our Daura Durll.ard and his modest delegates use their brain to know that that meeting should get more attention than any other thing?

Now what did the going to the UN meeting by the president and his modest team achieve?

Buhari has plan whatsoever for anything. He just want to enjoy being called the president and enjoy the opportunity to purnish his enemies or perceived enemies...

Since this meeting is so important, kindly tell us the benefits, or evaluate what we missed. It's very easy to throw stones.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 11:11am On Sep 28, 2015
nationwide1:

Your comment that bokoharam is near coma just shocked me to stupor.

It means you're not sincere.

I'm happy you had no contrary comments on all i said/explained. On boko haram, I'd be insincere if i said there is no difference or improvement. When boko haram was alive and well, they were closing airport, markets, schools and hospitals, they were sacking emirs, local government chairmen, police stations and barracks, they were taking hundreds of captives in women and children, they were taking over local governments and releasing videos displaying their spoils of war. They have been severely restricted and reduced to common criminals. There's no where or country where there are no common criminals, killing people mindlessly. That's tougher to stop,predict or control and will take time. You cannot predict the next accident or robbery for instance. Preying on soft targets can be minimized and work is going on on that. Mad 'jihadists' can strike anytime, even in US and London, security operatives can only try to minimize them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by vislabraye(m): 11:43am On Sep 28, 2015
abimic:
You can't cry more than the bereaved, the president will even do everything in his power to see the problems of NE are fully resolved, so whether he attend or not, his number one priority is still the NE. Just that Nigerians are hard to please, if he had attended, another story will surface. Meanwhile, Presidency don't just attend meetings, they're pre planned and if such escapes the president notice, Ogwu whose job would have being to draw the attention of the COS to it failed in her job, maybe she's benefiting from the crisis, who knows? No one said he's perfect, moreover, he wasn't idle elsewhere when the meeting was on. The president should come give the dividends of democracy to all, that's all Nigerians care about. He could even win more people's hearts if he could increase the minimum wage from the peanut it's now to suit civil servants.

Why will he travel all the way abroad and not attend such meeting ? What's the of spending such money travelling along with 29 people and refuse to attend the most important meeting ? It's not everything you can/should defend. At times silence is golden.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by nationwide1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
Image123:

I'm happy you had no contrary comments on all i said/explained. On boko haram, I'd be insincere if i said there is no difference or improvement. When boko haram was alive and well, they were closing airport, markets, schools and hospitals, they were sacking emirs, local government chairmen, police stations and barracks, they were taking hundreds of captives in women and children, they were taking over local governments and releasing videos displaying their spoils of war. They have been severely restricted and reduced to common criminals. There's no where or country where there are no common criminals, killing people mindlessly. That's tougher to stop,predict or control and will take time. You cannot predict the next accident or robbery for instance. Preying on soft targets can be minimized and work is going on on that. Mad 'jihadists' can strike anytime, even in US and London, security operatives can only try to minimize them.
When I said I was shocked to stupor, it was because of your insincerity secondary to your blind support for Mr President.

You compounded your insincerity when you sounded like a person who has lived all his life in New Zealand. I'm sure even those in New Zealand read about how bokoharam ransacked 3 communities in Adamawa State 2 days killing over 50 people and destroyed properties worth millions.

Even those in New Zealand read how bokoharam destroyed DSS office in Lokoja, burnt all DSS operation vehicles and freed 30 bokoharam members in DSS custody.

Talking about the absence of Nigerian delegation at the bokoharam meeting organized by UN, no serious Nigerian will still defend such failure today.

I'm a bit disappointed in your response.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2015
vislabraye:

Why will he travel all the way abroad and not attend such meeting ? What's the of spending such money travelling along with 29 people and refuse to attend the most important meeting ? It's not everything you can/should defend. At times silence is golden.

And what would we have gained by attending that we have now lost? How can it be the most important meeting when it isn't even on the schedule or list of high level meetings?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2015
nationwide1:

When I said I was shocked to stupor, it was because of your insincerity secondary to your blind support for Mr President.

You compounded your insincerity when you sounded like a person who has lived all his life in New Zealand. I'm sure even those in New Zealand read about how bokoharam ransacked 3 communities in Adamawa State 2 days killing over 50 people and destroyed properties worth millions.

Even those in New Zealand read how bokoharam destroyed DSS office in Lokoja, burnt all DSS operation vehicles and freed 30 bokoharam members in DSS custody.

Talking about the absence of Nigerian delegation at the bokoharam meeting organized by UN, no serious Nigerian will still defend such failure today.

I'm a bit disappointed in your response.

There is no insincerity, everything i have said is true. There's no blind support but logical, rational questions, not dramatization and politicising. What have we missed exactly by our absence as a serious Nigerian? BTW, it was not a boko haram meeting, get your facts right. You've listed criminal activity which i already talked about that they still exist. But the core of boko haram and what they stand for have been NEAR comatose. Crime happens also in new Zealand. Jail breaks and mindless killings are not localized. They are only minimized and that is happening already.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by nationwide1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2015
Image123:

There is no insincerity, everything i have said is true. There's no blind support but logical, rational questions, not dramatization and politicising. What have we missed exactly by our absence as a serious Nigerian? BTW, it was not a boko haram meeting, get your facts right. You've listed criminal activity which i already talked about that they still exist. But the core of boko haram and what they stand for have been NEAR comatose. Crime happens also in new Zealand. Jail breaks and mindless killings are not localized. They are only minimized and that is happening already.
So jail break and suicide bombing are common criminal activities in Nigeria. How many of such common activities are happening in Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Abia, Lagos states?

Are you from Kwara State or related to Lai Mohammed?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Image123(m): 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
nationwide1:

So jail break and suicide bombing are common criminal activities in Nigeria. How many of such common activities are happening in Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Abia, Lagos states?

Are you from Kwara State or related to Lai Mohammed?

You keep shifting goalpost. Anyway, i said jailbreak and mindless killings are not localized. What that means is that any crazy person or group or mad 'jihadists' can kill people,it's not predictable or easily controlled. We've seen this recently even in the US. This is different from the core things boko haram do, insurgency. Insurgency is currently in a state of near coma, crime is not.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by free13: 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2015
One chance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Military: If Shekau Surrenders, We Will Accept Him / Aminu Atiku Rejects N250,000 Monthly Upkeep In Children's Custody Battle / APC Chairman Oshiomhole Meets Galadima, R-APC Chairman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.