Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,775 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Where Did I Go Wrong - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Did I Go Wrong (777 Views)

What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? / Where Did I Go Wrong Here?- A True Life Story / Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did I Go Wrong by staticlink: 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2009
dont want to bore you folks with a long story, lemme try to summarize, here goes,

Met this girl sometime last year, actually prior to that time, i had been seeing her around in school but we never had any chance to talk. While fooling around on facebook, i came across her profile, and ofcourse added her.Interesting enuff, wen i tried to chat with her, all i got was monosyllabic response. I basically just left her alone. Towards the tail end of last year i get a message from her on facebook saying my face looks familiar bla bla.Anyway i replied and we exchanged numbers.

As it turned out, she wwasn'tseeing anybody and neither was i, i had made my intentions known from the very beginning, i really dont believe in the cliche of been friends first. AAnywayi asked her out and after the initial "gra gra" that "Most" girls like to do, she accepted.From the very beginning i put emphasis on effective communication, which she said she dint have a problem with. In all honesty we talk about virtually eeverything(past relationships iinclusive, first person i talk to at the break of dawn and last person before i sleep.

Things went pretty well for sometime ,uuntili noticed that she was still corresponding with her ex, how did i find out?, on about two ooccasionsthe dude actually called her while we were together and she asked me if she should answer, and am like its your fone innit, and that the decisions is hers to make and not mine, although am not comfortable with the fact that ur still talking to him.I had changed my profile pic on FB to on that we took on our first date, this was a girl i was really into, i was afraid to let the world know.

There was a particular day that someone broken into her FB account and tried to chat me up, from the way the conversation was goin, i knew it was her that i was chattin with.I got her on the fone to let know she was been impersonated on FB, before i could go any further she said it was her EX, and that she had changed her password on several ooccasionsbut he keeps bbreak ininto her account.

The story to me just dint add up, anyway i let that slide although i helped her change the password after hhavinga few words with her ex.But things took a turn for the worse in late jJanuary in the sense that we were not communicating as we used to, and it was during this time that i had a minor Surgery to take out a growth. i was basically home for about a week, and she dint deem it fit to come check up on me. The few times i asked what the problem was she said nuttin.

Anyway, she finally calls me up on one faithful evening sayin "we need to talk". she rants about how her parents were puttin pressure on her to get back with EX bla bal, and am like wats your stand on the whole drama and i get the "typical" answer, i dont know, i was really irritated by her response and asked if tables were turned how would she feel, the most annoying part is that i have been at house several times and even met with virtually every member of her family and they "seemed" warm.

While this "season" was on, her ex gets the nerve to chat me up again, this time with a different id and rain all sorts of abuses sayin i want to reap where i dint sow and bla bla, and am like dude wen i met her, she was a free agent, and he said they were takin time off and that all that happen between the girl and i is known to him, it was at this point that i basically lost it, said things that in all honesty i sshouldn'thave

My Ex eventually hers about wat went down between me and her EX and oof course uses it against me, and it led to our break up.

its been three months now, but its really had for me to move on
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by tope2000(f): 10:27pm On Apr 17, 2009
Why is her parents putting pressure on her to date her EX . . . .I dont get that part undecided
but i think she is still in love with her ex so better let her go undecided
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by staticlink: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2009
tope2000:

Why is her parents putting pressure on her to date her EX . . . .I dont get that part undecided
but i think she is still in love with her ex so better let her go undecided

according to her, her parents dont buy the reason she gave for breaking with him, reason been that she was just tired of the whole relationship
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by tope2000(f): 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2009
staticlink:

according to her, her parents dont buy the reason she gave for breaking with him, reason been that she was just tired of the whole relationship

sweetie i smell bullshyte in the story wink
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by staticlink: 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2009
tope2000:

sweetie i smell bullshyte in the story wink

i know its the painful truth
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by ugo2u(m): 9:20am On Apr 18, 2009
@poster

Let me ask you something,

Was your life miserable before you met her? during the relationship did she make you happy? is she worth losing your happiness and developing ulcers for? If your answers are no. Then move on, you have alot of good things in life to waste your joy on this girl.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by staticlink: 9:40am On Apr 18, 2009
ugo_2u:

@poster

Let me ask you something,

Was your life miserable before you met her? during the relationship did she make you happy? is she worth losing your happiness and developing ulcers for? If your answers are no. Then move on, you have alot of good things in life to waste your joy on this girl.

i wasn't miserable before i met, in actual fact i was on top of my game.

During the relationship, she did make me very happy and so did i

And of course nobody is worth losing my happiness for

Moving on is a bit difficult becos i dint get "closure".
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by Ben13: 9:45am On Apr 18, 2009
hmmm short of words undecided
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by iice(f): 6:36pm On Apr 18, 2009
For all your talk about effective communication.  .  .i see it didnt go well with her.
I think you went wrong by not putting your foot down when the whole thing started smelling fishy.
You don't let things like that slide.  .  .people (in all their deviousness) use that as an excuse or a platform for succeeding 'incidents'.
You need to get yourself together and find the closure, either from her or from yourself.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by staticlink: 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2009
iice:

For all your talk about effective communication.  .  .i see it didnt go well with her.
I think you went wrong by not putting your foot down when the whole thing started smelling fishy.
You don't let things like that slide.  .  .people (in all their deviousness) use that as an excuse or a platform for succeeding 'incidents'.
You need to get yourself together and find the closure, either from her or from yourself.

as for putting my foot down, i dint want it to seem as if am the jealous type, and i basically trusted her because i strongly believe that should be the foundation of any relationship.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by iice(f): 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2009
Yes trust is part of the foundation of relationships.
If you worded it clearly to her, I'm sure she would see you weren't jealous.
Even not, healthy quarrels result in an understanding of each others intentions/perceptions/tolerance and acceptance.
Sometimes, it takes a little more to drive the point home.

Seriously i don't know how people do it - the being in a relationship while being afraid to be themselves or fear what the other thinks thing undecided
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by staticlink: 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2009
iice:

Yes trust is part of the foundation of relationships.
If you worded it clearly to her, I'm sure she would see you weren't jealous.
Even not, healthy quarrels result in an understanding of each others intentions/perceptions/tolerance and acceptance.
Sometimes, it takes a little more to drive the point home.

Seriously i don't know how people do it - the being in a relationship while being afraid to be themselves or fear what the other thinks thing undecided

like that would have stopped her from doing whatever it is that wants to
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by iice(f): 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2009
If you thought/think so, what is the point then?
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by staticlink: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2009
iice:

If you thought/think so, what is the point then?

well i guess the risk dint pay off
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by honeric01(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2009
Man, this is not worth killing yourself for, look elsewhere, channel your mind on other productive things ok?
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by staticlink: 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2009
honeric01:

Man, this is not worth killing yourself for, look elsewhere, channel your mind on other productive things ok?

thanx bro,

really wish it were that easy
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong by honeric01(m): 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2009
staticlink:

thanx bro,

really wish it were that easy

Well, if that's not easy, then go ahead with what you think is easy to do. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Wonderfulllll / Ladies: Why Una No Dey Respect Men / Please Some One Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.