Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,623 members, 7,809,294 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Why Do Women Lie? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Lie? (13562 Views)

Why Women Lie: 11 Reasons Why She Thinks It’s Okay To Lie To You / Why Women Lie: 11 Reasons Why She Thinks It’s Okay To Lie To You / Common Things That Women Lie About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Lie? by naijaboiy: 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
This is not a thread to bash women as some people may think. I opened it to ask a question which begs for an answer.

Recently i've seen a few threads about how some girls lie to their boyfriends about their virginity only for the guy to find out it was a falsity .

I just watched a program on Tv and the presenter read out a story sent by a girl who lied to her fiancè that she was a virgin,when actually she had only been celibate for two years. On the night of the wedding her husband discovered that she was not a virgin and a few days Later he divorced her. Now the question is not whether the husband's decision to divorce his newly wedded wife was rational or not,it's about her reason for lying.

Observations have shown that some girls mistake celibacy for virginity. They may not have had sex for a long time,therefore they put themselves up as virgins. While it is a good thing for a lady to want to abstain from pre-marital sex it doesn't make her a virgin,celibacy and virginity are two totally different things. While being celibate does not mean you are a virgin,being a virgin means you have been celibate from birth(you have not been touched).

Now to the question. Why do ladies Lie about their status? If you are being celibate but not a virgin,why not tell your man about your true status? Why do they have to lie,hoping that he will understand when they eventually find out? Does this guarantee that your man won't leave you? Is it because of Love?

I'll drop my e-pen and give room for discussion. Honest and matured replies from the ladies or men in the house will help.

smiley

Cc:Lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by yvelch(f): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
Just strolling
Check out my store on konga for foreign fashion wears. Search for "Yvelch" on konga.com wink
Re: Why Do Women Lie? by LordOfTheWeed: 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
IMO, I see no reason why a lady should lie about her virginity status, even God knows that it would be very easy for a camel to pass through a pvssy needle hole than to find a 15years old virgin girl these days.. .. ..

When a guy sees a girl, contemplating on whether she's a virgin or not is not the first thing that pops up his mind but the first thing that attracts him to the lady is her physical appearance and what comes out of her.. .. ..

Telling your guy that you are not a virgin won't destroy the reputation he has about you, but it might destroy it if he realizes that uncounted boreholes has been dug underneath that skirt grin

Our ladies, na beg i dey beg una, infact, i dey lie down, dey tell us the kind market wey we wan buy before we pay for am cry coz if i find out say na Togo-used product you sell for me as tear rubber, chai! Make i no just talk wetin go happen lipsrsealed

cc: naijaboiy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by falconey(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
hmmm virginity thread.

I'm not surprised everything around ladies these days are lies....... when you ask them why the lies? They'll say the truth hurts, its better you don't hear it.

What flabbergast me the most is how they live comfortably telling lies with no conscience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by xynerise: 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
Most girls have this stereotype that virgins get the better husband so they want to foolishly belong
Re: Why Do Women Lie? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
People have different reasons for lying
Re: Why Do Women Lie? by SeverusSnape(m): 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
As long as this virginity issue is concerned, women will continue lying, They know most men want virgins as wives and most men will see them as "loose" if they don't claim to be a virgin.

As for that man that divorced his wife because he found out she lied about her virginity; He did the right thing, I would do the same if I were in his shoes.

I need me a virgin lady - pure, sacred, tear rubber, I can't marry another man's trash, because what most ladies of nowadays engage on scares the hell outta me.

I'm also a virgin at my age, A proud one.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
lalasticlala why hide my comment kwanu? This isnt the first time you've seen a member comment that way is it??
Re: Why Do Women Lie? by Tallesty1(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
women tell lies with both tongue and body, I think it's in their DNA

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by naijaboiy: 2:59pm On Sep 28, 2015
Sinnzu:
lalas ticlala why hide my comment kwanu?
This isnt the first time you've seen a member comment that way is it??
It means the thread is heading to HQ. grin

Sorry bro. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 28, 2015
Naijaboiy.. I'm following
Re: Why Do Women Lie? by naijaboiy: 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
PinkBarbie:
People have different reasons for lying
The thread borders on why women lie about their virginity in relationships.

Can you give us some reasons why? smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
naijaboiy:

It means the thread is heading to HQ. grin

Sorry bro. cheesy
And i made firstus commentus oo. angry
Issokay.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by naijaboiy: 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
xynerise:
Most girls have this stereotype that virgins get the better husband so they want to foolishly belong
Hmmm...but don't they think of the future?

See the story I cited as an example,i'm sure the girl knew he would find out somehow but she still went ahead to lie anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by naijaboiy: 3:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
falconey:
So I think they prefer we find out instead of hearing it.

The way things are going,i'm tempted to believe women prefer a man to find out himself instead of telling him the truth. They don't care of the fact that the consequences of a guy finding out is usually grave than when he is told the truth on time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by falconey(m): 3:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Tallesty1:

in that case there is no point pastors preaching on how to eradicate 'lie' since the opposite are born with it.
Re: Why Do Women Lie? by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
naijaboiy:

Lol this is just like asking, Why is the Sky blue?.. Why is cooked rice white?... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by naijaboiy: 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
Sinnzu:
And i made firstus commentus oo. angry
Issokay.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by Twaci(f): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
I really dunno...but i'd say that people lie to meet up to another's expectations (or probably a bit more). Those that lie about their virginity probably do so because of the 'high esteem' virgins are regarded with by guys, so, they would want to impress their partners (which i think is silly BTW).

My advice though, if u are bad, be very good at being bad. Don't try to impress another with something you are not.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
naijaboiy:

Personally, I see no reason why I should lie about my virginity status to someone I'm dating (maybe going to marry). For some, maybe they feel if he finds out she's not a virgin, he's going to withdraw. Some think they'll loose their respect or attention. But I think it's better to be come out truthful. That way, you'll save yourself of some unnecessary worries and 'heart attack'.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
naijaboiy:

Hmmm...but don't they think of the future?

See the story I cited as an example,i'm sure the girl knew he would find out somehow but she still went ahead to lie anyway.

Its how they've been programmed, i've met quite alot of them... The funny thing is, they will always be the first to judge you if u lie to them or cheat, forgetting that they've already built the relationship on the foundation of lies. I NEVER take such girls serious.
Re: Why Do Women Lie? by iamkingzlee(m): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
I really don't see the lies a big deal. Infact, We Guys are better Lions grin to be frank cool the disadvantage is their Cherry can only be popped once cry But even if i tell you i am a virgin, you still wouldn't know if it's the truth or not. While,Some times girls do lie both ways.... Not being a Virgin
when they actually are; when they want to fit in AND lie
about being virgin when they are not.

woos, the case is complicated, bro!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by sinaj(f): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
Tallesty1:

angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by naijaboiy: 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Lol this is just like asking, Why is the Sky blue?.. Why is cooked rice white?... cheesy
Hehehehe....but it's funny though.

it's not a funny experience when a man believes everything his woman says and then decides not to disturb her only to discover at the end that she has been lying.

It brings up the issue of trust.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
Twaci:
I really dunno...but i'd say that people lie to meet up to another's expectations (or probably a bit more). Those that lie about their virginity probably do so because of the 'high esteem' virgins are regarded with by guys, so, they would want to impress their partners (which i think is silly BTW).

My advice though, if u are bad, be very good at being bad. Don't try to impress another with something you are not.

Spoken like a wise woman.. #AwonWereyGodMother cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2015
Suspect33:
Jesus Christ is coming back soon, How prepared are you??

Hebrew 12:14 ; Without holiness no man shall see GOD

Jesus has come since if you don't know lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by sparcolette: 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
Our culture/society puts a kind pressure on women to remain virgins untill der wedding nyt
And most ladies tend to tink dah there husband ll place more value n respct on dem,if only dey r virgins
Buh lying abt one's virginity status is really wrong
Heh! its called deceit
And Ladies u gat to stop lying abt ur virginity.
A man dat ll love,value n respect you will do so regardless of weda ur a virgin or not

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by falconey(m): 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
naijaboiy:

So I think they prefer we find out instead of hearing it.

The way things are going,i'm tempted to believe women prefer a man to find out himself instead of telling him the truth. They don't care of the fact that the consequences of a guy finding out is usually grave than when he is told the truth on time.

AFFIRMATIVE.

Sometimes I think the only thing ladies know about us is ' MEN WANT SEX'
I think that's what they live by, not knowing after the 'sex' we do lots of extrapolation about them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2015
Twaci:

Good! Personally, i dont like dating virgins. Not cos they aint experienced or any of that shyt but because i would wanna have sex and to me, deflowering a lady is morelike dipping my finger in God's eye and i dont want none of that.
So any gurl that tries to impress me by being an imaginary virgin is on a very looooooooooooooong thing.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Lie? by naijaboiy: 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
falconey:

Absolutely correct.

We want sex,yes. But after sex comes evaluation.

I still prefer the truth though.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do You Nigerian Guys Prefer Light Skin Girls / Meet A 52 Years Old Grandma Who Still Drive Young Men Crazy With Her Beauty And / How Many Types Of Kpekus Do We Have? Pls Name And Explain Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.