Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,840 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! (61141 Views)

7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by pure2012soul(m): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

This is not the African Way.
The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!
I love your style of satire grin

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2015
oyadanoz:

u stand defend pop that is making noise. tell me howmany country does he visit in a week.
how do u expect someone to minister in diferent country there need for it. as for pop he is only trying to gain porpularity by critisising men of miracle.
U can't even coordinate your thoughts...

4 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 5minsmadness: 11:13am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!
100000 likes

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by alexinfinity(m): 11:13am On Oct 04, 2015
An2elect2:
How did the pope's visit uphold Christ's teaching? *sigh* First, Who made him the head of the church and an example for Christians to follow? mtcheew

You are so dumb! your silence would have been so wonderful,olodo

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 5minsmadness: 11:14am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

1000000 likes 2000000shares.

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by ThankGodEdeh(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nnemaranma(f): 11:18am On Oct 04, 2015
Divisions in the Church

10 By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ I appeal to all of you, my friends, to agree in what you say, so that there will be no divisions among you. Be completely united, with only one thought and one purpose. 11 For some people from Chloe's family have told me quite plainly, my friends, that there are quarrels among you. 12 Let me put it this way: each one of you says something different. One says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Peter”; and another, “I follow Christ.” 13 Christ has been divided into groups! Was it Paul who died on the cross for you? Were you baptized as Paul's disciples?

14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius. 15 No one can say, then, that you were baptized as my disciples. (16 Oh yes, I also baptized Stephanas and his family; but I can't remember whether I baptized anyone else.) 17 Christ did not send me to baptize. He sent me to tell the Good News, and to tell it without using the language of human wisdom, in order to make sure that Christ's death on the cross is not robbed of its power.

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Bondesniger(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2015
Rubbish
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 04, 2015
macof:
oh please shut up. the catholic church is the oldest Christian institution, without it you would have no bible
until you admit that the bible is part of their lies and corruption you have no reason to accuse them of anything

Who says I have a Bible?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Gmekx(m): 11:22am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

Are you this blind?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Bollinger(m): 11:23am On Oct 04, 2015
paris10:
The Pope's US visit was a triumph in upholding Christ teachings. If anything, one thing it does teaches us is that you don't need a private jet, nor a limousine nor even the most expensive carrier to ride in to do God's work.

It teaches us humility in the face of plenty, humbleness in the face of pride, and godliness to silence the greedy and the new generation pastors we have been condoning.

Creflor Dollar needed a $65,000 jet to do God's work ( his congregation are currently donating the money ). Adeboye, Oyedepo et al also need this amount of money to do God's work. Pope rode in a $20k mini series car. He specifically demanded this because " as a man of God you cannot live confortably and ride the most expensive cars whilst the children of God are suffering".

Over to the gullible Nigerian pastors defenders.

OP are you high? That you can believe this without actual investigation shows your mental acumen. The guy has a special plane designated for his sole use by Alitalia. And for his normal road trips, he rides around in a 8mm thick bullet proof car. Investigate before you postulate.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

I am trying hard to figure if u are being sarcastic or serious
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by baranzanobed: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2015
paris10:
The Pope's US visit was a triumph in upholding Christ teachings. If anything, one thing it does teaches us is that you don't need a private jet, nor a limousine nor even the most expensive carrier to ride in to do God's work.

It teaches us humility in the face of plenty, humbleness in the face of pride, and godliness to silence the greedy and the new generation pastors we have been condoning.

Creflor Dollar needed a $65,000 jet to do God's work ( his congregation are currently donating the money ). Adeboye, Oyedepo et al also need this amount of money to do God's work. Pope rode in a $20k mini series car. He specifically demanded this because " as a man of God you cannot live confortably and ride the most expensive cars whilst the children of God are suffering".

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by tragergeorge(m): 11:29am On Oct 04, 2015
Ubenedictus:

the pope didn't criticise anyone. He didn't speak a single word about anybody.

That u think he is criticising tells me a lot abt u.
apc vs pdp,north vs south,christian vs muslim,igbo vs yoruba,catholic vs pentecostal,when dis madness for 9ja start?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hensben(m): 11:29am On Oct 04, 2015
pld4reel:
This is how it should be
True!!!

Glory be to GOd
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by pure2012soul(m): 11:30am On Oct 04, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Ignorance!! I will not dignify you with a response other than that. When blind people blindly lead other blind people then a generation of blind people pit bound is the result.
You obviously misunderstood his satirical argument.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nnemaranma(f): 11:30am On Oct 04, 2015
This people we are here insulting ourselves over(be the Pope or the Nigerian(other) pastors) will not be happy seeing d extent we can go on religious issues. What we should be after is how Christ's death and resurection reflect in our day to day activities......

........ My opinion though.....
....... I don't know yours......
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nnemaranma(f): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2015
tragergeorge:
apc vs pdp,north vs south,christian vs muslim,igbo vs yoruba,catholic vs pentecostal,when dis madness for 9ja start?
My dear, I wonder o
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Lachynos2k2(m): 11:33am On Oct 04, 2015
No
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

Oga,is that a tie or an obo mma? Village champion feeling funky.i hope u r not one of those upcoming self proclaimed men of gods preparing to rip off the unsuspecting worshipers... God is watching you.. Back to what u said... You Dey talk rubbish.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hensben(m): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2015
refreshrate:

I really don't know why you're going on to explain all of these to this lot.

1. it's not their money

2. Oyedepo or any of them did not come to ask them for money

3. Non of the pastors borrowed money from them to buy jet.

why not allow them? if they choose to take panadol for another person headache, allow them, abi?
Okay make we leave the jets own how about the schools built for the politicians kids instead of the common man's? No wonder Naija pastors follow policians around for favor.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Bollinger(m): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

You and the 19 mor.ons who liked your post are phucking insane. So, since we all know that jesus did not ride around in the finest chariot or dress like the saducees, does that mean you don't look up to christ? This was the mentality of the pharisees during christ era before they plotted his execution. They postulated that how can this so called unknown poor man be the son of God.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by MrGerald(m): 11:36am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

But you've already judged the Pope through your own words? new schools!! may God have mercy on you
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by espionage48(m): 11:36am On Oct 04, 2015
Those saying that the Pope should ride a donkey need to ride a donkey should have a rethink.Even if the Pope wishes to do that,the host country government wont agree.The main focus of a Pope's visit to a country is that his security will be assured.Imagine how it wil look like that a Pope visited USA and he was assisinated there,dont u knw it will cause a great rifts.A Pope doesnt have a say in any country he is visiting and most of the cars he uses during papal vist are bullet proofs

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 11:38am On Oct 04, 2015
hensben:
Okay make we leave the jets own how about the schools built for the politicians kids instead of the common man's? No wonder Naija pastors follow policians around for favor.

You should be grateful for those schools.

Where are the government owned schools what care their products like?

You think education should come cheap cry to your government. Where in the world do you get cheap good education?

Those pastors have stood in where your government has failed and you come here to whine? or do you see the government allocating a budget to them for their schools?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by chinnasa: 11:38am On Oct 04, 2015
This one has lost it. cry
SAY AGAIN!!

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters![/quote]
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Sunexy(m): 11:39am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

U jst be zuo..kip saying rubbish
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by chinnasa: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2015
U be mumu grin

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters![/quote]
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Boss13: 11:45am On Oct 04, 2015
What I can see is that private jets are justified for people who travel a lot and would need to be on time. Hence, it may be justified for these pastors to get one for themselves. However, the method of acquisition is probably the subject for discussion, members do not need to contribute to ensure that a private jet is purchase. There are various form of financing project - the banks are there, loan sharks, venture capitalists, Private Angels etc

In conclusion, I wonder what these men use the jet for but I do know vividly that they are not doing any God's work

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by WebSurfer(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

Your punishment from above is coming, are you prepared? i would rather not curse you
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by lastpage: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2015
birdman:

I beg to disagree. The pope can request that plane anytime he wants. It is reserved for him. In essence, the state itself has bought a jet for the pope.

Now compare that with a pastor preaching a sermon in one city on saturday night, and another sermon in another time zone the next morning. Obviously driving is not feasible. Neither can you carry all your staff for 4-5 hour wait at the airport every weekend, assuming you can even find a flight when you want. Have you ever flown a 12 hour flight before? What evangelist is going to try a world missions trip lasting a 3 months flying every two to three days. Even Reinhard Bonnke, on moving to the US, needed a private jet. God so kind, he found a preacher that gave it to him for free!

Are there carnal christians and pastors that lust after jets because it is a status symbol? Yeah. But there are also carnal christians, like you, who think all there is to a plane is the status symbol. The plane is a tool. Its very effective for Ceos, vps , presidents because they can get from point a to point b quickly. . And it is a very effective tool for moving significant ministry resources from point a to point b at a moments notice

So that is now the silly excuse for their wanton greed and lust after money?

Abegi, we don hear this on before.

When Jesus was on earth, there were Kings who had better Chariots adorned with Gold and Silver that Jesus could have used.
He chose a DONKEY! That is a Lesson for us to follow, as "FOLLOWERS of the EXAMPLE OF CHRIST" (Christians)

These Preachers can arrange their iterenary such that they move from one country, to the nearest one, using normal "pay-per-use" transport.

BTW: Why would a Pastor need to be jetting all over the Place, just to preach to people?
Are there no Pastors in those places or have they banned the use of Video-Conferencing (which is what they use when they Preach on TV!)

Who no sabi how to hide "meat" for mouth?
They have become what the Bible called LOVERS OF MONEY!

Lastpage!

Caveat: Please warn those "Islamic fundamentalist Moderators" on Nairaland who "forcefully appended" Islam to my profile o!
I nor be Muslim and can never be!. I will report them to the President of Islam-a-badt! angry angry

see my signature below. grin

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 5minsmadness: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2015
Mindfulness:

It is neither about the African way nor about the Asian or American way. It is about the Christian way.

Did Jesus not travel among "common people"?

Did Jesus not preach humility?

"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

And did he not say this:

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven."

The church values humility, altruism, benevolence, charity, forgiveness.
These are the Christian core values.

"Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Once again:

"Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

Read your Bible! Go and sin no more.

He was being sarcastic.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2015
paris10:

How do you tell one is humble..... wearing rags ?? riding cheap cars ??living in a manger ? grin wonderful thought

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Tom Samson, His Hummer Limo, & Bodyguards Storm Cama Awards (pics) / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / "I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.