Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! (61180 Views)

7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by purestone(f): 11:51am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

This is not the African Way.
The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as ia man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!
idi very stupid inwegi sense
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 5minsmadness: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2015
doublewisdom:

Smh for you.
As in.
Am surprised at the number of people who took the post seriously.
No offence but we have a lot of ILLITERATE and semi-illiterate folk on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by laurenziz6(m): 11:53am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!

Your foolish ignorance will surely lead you to hell
Its because you don't read your bible
Was it not Jesus Christ who said that whoever
Humbles himself shall be exalted and whoever exalts
Himself shall be humbled?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by anwo247: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2015
No pastor needs private jet.

It's not too late; they shd sell it and donate it back to the chruch. It's God's money before it's too late.

I have always said this and do not even need POPE to maintain this stand.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Kobeje(m): 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
birdman:

I beg to disagree. The pope can request that plane anytime he wants. It is reserved for him. In essence, the state itself has bought a jet for the pope.

Now compare that with a pastor preaching a sermon in one city on saturday night, and another sermon in another time zone the next morning. Obviously driving is not feasible. Neither can you carry all your staff for 4-5 hour wait at the airport every weekend, assuming you can even find a flight when you want. Have you ever flown a 12 hour flight before? What evangelist is going to try a world missions trip lasting a 3 months flying every two to three days. Even Reinhard Bonnke, on moving to the US, needed a private jet. God so kind, he found a preacher that gave it to him for free!

Are there carnal christians and pastors that lust after jets because it is a status symbol? Yeah. But there are also carnal christians, like you, who think all there is to a plane is the status symbol. The plane is a tool. Its very effective for Ceos, vps , presidents because they can get from point a to point b quickly. . And it is a very effective tool for moving significant ministry resources from point a to point b at a moments notice

Very much on point. Those are the two sides to the issue.

We need to be objective and balanced in addressing issues.

Let me reiterate the fact that some pastors see jeep, jets etc as status matter. However, it does not mean they are not real or truly called by God. Each one of us have attitudes, habits or what have you that we must let go of. That is the issue for these 'worldly' pastors.

I have not defended any pastor's ostentatious living. I cannot. Be sure, however, that you also deal with such tendencies in your own life.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by shollyboy2: 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
birdman:

I beg to disagree. The pope can request that plane anytime he wants. It is reserved for him. In essence, the state itself has bought a jet for the pope.

Now compare that with a pastor preaching a sermon in one city on saturday night, and another sermon in another time zone the next morning. Obviously driving is not feasible. Neither can you carry all your staff for 4-5 hour wait at the airport every weekend, assuming you can even find a flight when you want. Have you ever flown a 12 hour flight before? What evangelist is going to try a world missions trip lasting a 3 months flying every two to three days. Even Reinhard Bonnke, on moving to the US, needed a private jet. God so kind, he found a preacher that gave it to him for free!

Are there carnal christians and pastors that lust after jets because it is a status symbol? Yeah. But there are also carnal christians, like you, who think all there is to a plane is the status symbol. The plane is a tool. Its very effective for Ceos, vps , presidents because they can get from point a to point b quickly. . And it is a very effective tool for moving significant ministry resources from point a to point b at a moments notice

I really enjoy your point here...but what's your take on churches owning schools? okay let's not talk about the high fee they charge...I think churches school should be price competing with Gotv owned schools...

and again after churches school has balance all its expenditure for the year..where does the remaining interest they gain goes to?....enlighten me abeg
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by duni04(m): 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
I remember always having arguments with people about this prosperity preachers. I never blame them. I always blame the idîots that dole out their entire life savings to these criminals and them come on social media to defend these same criminals that are fleecing them of their sweat. A pastor wearing a rolex and cruising a G6 while the people responsible for the G6 and rolex trek to work. It's always incredible when I imagine it.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by TWINKIE(f): 12:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
Pope rode in a$20k mini series car. He specifically demanded this because " as a man of God you cannot live comfortably and ride the most expensive cars whilst the children of God are suffering".

I am not in support of the pentecostal pastors but sincerely what's the difference between $20k and $65k in the aspect of humility? and how does riding a $20k vehicle make one humble or ease the burden of those suffering? I just hate comparison and judgement especially when it comes to religion. I feel everyone has their reason for doing things just don't be deceived..

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Tonnierichy(m): 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
Weah96:
Have you seen where the pope calls HOME? It's a sovereign state. LOL The sale of one of his paintings alone could convince Oyedepo to become his house boy. Or even Creflo Money, abi, Dollar.

Don't compare the pope's annual earnings with these multi millionaires please. That's disrespectful to the hard work put in by the Vatican over the centuries.

You deserve a ministerial appointment for this
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by doublewisdom: 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2015
kraftykc:

Lol who had the Pope criticized??

grin grin grin I see you, worried that true Christianity will erode your hedonistic dogma.
Lol. He also said the Pope is trying to gain popularity. I don laff tire today. grin cheesy grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
loomer:

Just asking becos, the last time I also checked, them dey always give pope private jet to fly to where him wan go.

You need not call me stupid but make ur research
they don't give the pope a private jet. The pope usually charters air italia whenever he is travelling, the jornalists travelling with him also pay a part of flight bill. The vatican doesn't use private jets.

3 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by freeage7(m): 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2015
How many of these eloquent and sweet coated pastors will like to pastor a church in Borno? I guess non.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Tonnierichy(m): 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2015
birdman:

Oga park well!! Av u seen d pope ordered for it to ride on before?! And talking bou pastors running from countries to countries every other day, wu send them, are there no pastors in those countries?! Can't he establish a church there and install a man of God there?! He can always pay them a visit ones In a while....not use d@ as an excuse to extort d congregation.... Better open your eyes stop getting deceived by them....Gullible Nigerian!! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Tonnierichy(m): 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

You are a disgrace to your church, your parents and your alma mata
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by tommyrayrich(m): 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
if you think the pop is humble, you are flawed! the pop uses a golden spoon and plates,cups... angry
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by picknstake: 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
THIS SUNDAY WE HAVE POSTED THREE SET OF PREDICTIONS HURRY AND CHECK BEFORE MATCHES KICK OFF AT [url]picknstake.com[/url]
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Tonnierichy(m): 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
oyadanoz:

u stand defend pop that is making noise. tell me howmany country does he visit in a week.
how do u expect someone to minister in diferent country there need for it. as for pop he is only trying to gain porpularity by critisising men of miracle.

Ur grammar is terrible.... And it justifies d kinda stinking head it came from....aw many miracles does this men of God u talking bout now perform?! You can google it and check out for d number of miracles d pope has performed after becoming d pope....and y must a pastor travel around dis countries every oda day to preach?!wah bou d pastors that are in those countries?!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by doublewisdom: 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

As in.
Am surprised at the number of people who took the post seriously.
No offence but we have a lot of ILLITERATE and semi-illiterate folk on nairaland.
It's really disheartening. Olodos everywhere. What do they even teach them these days? I mean the sarcasm in that post is very obvious. How could they not have noticed? I tire jare!

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by MartialArt2(m): 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

U are the one who is a Disgrace to human hood. M.a.D man, wild animal like U
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Tonnierichy(m): 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
oyadanoz:

no peticustan minister defend his salvation but the scripture does. its only chatolic that uses doctrines to defend thair idolatory belif and all that are not biblecal.
You are gullible, clueless and ignorant!!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Drahmah: 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
birdman:

God bless you for this.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Tonnierichy(m): 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
Freemanan:

Granted that this cannot be argued, the Pope have his own share of cheat and deceit of the Catholic world...

PAPAL Rome is a load of corruption and sham of Christiandom. Their lies and corruption is NO where near that of NIGERIAN pastors
Prove it
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2015
Tonnierichy:

Prove it
Papal corruption or What?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by myBoss(m): 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
This is kind of thread that got people loose their life, these men are not serving u, niether will your opinions here yield any result. Save yourself ur life....stop touching spiritual high tension.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
paris10:
The Pope's US visit was a triumph in upholding Christ teachings. If anything, one thing it does teaches us is that you don't need a private jet, nor a limousine nor even the most expensive carrier to ride in to do God's work.

It teaches us humility in the face of plenty, humbleness in the face of pride, and godliness to silence the greedy and the new generation pastors we have been condoning.

Creflor Dollar needed a $65,000 jet to do God's work ( his congregation are currently donating the money ). Adeboye, Oyedepo et al also need this amount of money to do God's work. Pope rode in a $20k mini series car. He specifically demanded this because " as a man of God you cannot live confortably and ride the most expensive cars whilst the children of God are suffering".

Over to the gullible Nigerian pastors defenders.

clumsy write up!

It is a personal decision to remain poor. It is laziness and the decisions u make that makes one poor, no matter how long u lecture on how to be wealthy, u must still have the poor ones in ur midst.

Even if GMB gives everyone 100k /month. U will still see the f00lish ones getting poorer if he gets the 100k in 10yrs.

With this said, I don't think anybody shud be poor/act poor because the ones who don't want to sit up are still poor.
What u shud even talk about in this useless post is HUMILITY. Guy! Are u also a purpa in the land? Change!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by mistabiola: 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
ajoguegbe:
What God checks is MOTIVE. Are they buying for status or for God's work? Jesus rode on a donkey and yet in order to preach to someone He commanded a disciple "join thyself to this chariot".(Acts 8:29) You will be shocked on the last day to find the marking scheme is not based on all this propaganda:
"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God." 1 Cor 4:5
If with a private jet i am able to reach 5,000,000 people before I die with human criticism, I prefer it to reaching 5,000 with human praise on how humble I am.
If the poster reads the scriptures you won't be posting this because the Bible condenms our comparative analysis of God's men.
"Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding."

Bros wait till we appear before the judgment seat of Christ

★★★This same motive increased the Tuition Fee of Universities owned by this so Called Men Of God...★★★~ ©Mistabiola® lipsrsealed
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by cypraincyril: 12:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
[quote author=hyfr post=38650505]JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS!!! This dude is making me crazy. Pls receive sense

GOD !!!!!!!!!!! I cnt believe the ist person is ur creation no sense I doubt it I think its a program computer typing .............u wnt to worshhip ur fellow human being
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Tonnierichy(m): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
Freemanan:

Papal corruption or What?
Esp d@
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by waice6571: 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2015
paris10:
The Pope's US visit was a triumph in upholding Christ teachings. If anything, one thing it does teaches us is that you don't need a private jet, nor a limousine nor even the most expensive carrier to ride in to do God's work.

It teaches us humility in the face of plenty, humbleness in the face of pride, and godliness to silence the greedy and the new generation pastors we have been condoning.

Creflor Dollar needed a $65,000 jet to do God's work ( his congregation are currently donating the money ). Adeboye, Oyedepo et al also need this amount of money to do God's work. Pope rode in a $20k mini series car. He specifically demanded this because " as a man of God you cannot live confortably and ride the most expensive cars whilst the children of God are suffering".

Over to the gullible Nigerian pastors defenders.

From abject poverty's point of view. May God deliver you.

Have you forgoten this adage; Ohun ti won ki ta loja ni omo eru ki je. ( i.e It is only what is not available in the market that is inaccessible to the son of a slave).
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by ransomed: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
Some people are allergic to success. Majority of them are on NL. Hate pastors, bash them but, please do not "boko haram" them. Thanks.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by doublewisdom: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
Tonnierichy:

You are a disgrace to your church, your parents and your alma mata
On the contrary, you are the disgrace. Your parents should ask for a refund of your school fees as it obviously was a waste. Also your own Alma mater ought to expunge all your 'academic' records.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / "I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.