Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! (61160 Views)

7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by litetias(m): 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
hugochuks60:

hope u read wat u wrote before posting r u sure u really understand d principle of Christianity? r u sure u r properly taught d virtues of Christianity?
do u remember these words "d son of man came to serve n not to be served"? wen Christ was on earth, he never had a place of his own to lay His head. He was humble right from birth. As a servant of God, ur focus should be d salvation n well being of d masses n not to place priorities on private jets n other worldly treasures, though they r good but not as important as d salvation of mankind.

Sarcasm my friend. He's saying something but he means the opposite
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by gunuvi(m): 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
toshmann:

I have a gymn in my basement, you can bring that your thunder over so the thunder can be doing press-up while waiting for the person to strike cheesy
Hehehehehe...5 gulder for you jare.

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by SHEEGO2015(m): 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

This is not the African Way.
The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!

lol..cant blieve a xtian can write dis....is it not in d bible wen JESUS drank water from a non Jewish and a lady for dat matter...he moved wit smal children and healed those battling wit diseases..if JESUS used dat era's private jet wit many security guides..wil he b able to mov wit common men.....abeg rescind yr comment

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by SHEEGO2015(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
oyadanoz:

no peticustan minister defend his salvation but the scripture does. its only chatolic that uses doctrines to defend thair idolatory belif and all that are not biblecal.

idolatery?......ar u sure u passed tru sec schl n even if u did...i doubt if u ar taught CRK....d so cal penticostal churches al spring forth from ur sef acclaimed adulatory catholic church just because of thr selfish n stupid interest...rescind ur comment abeg
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by sagaciousblog: 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
SHEEGO2015:

lol..cant blieve a xtian can write dis....is it not in d bible wen JESUS drank water from a non Jewish and a lady for dat matter...he moved wit smal children and healed those battling wit diseases..if JESUS used dat era's private jet wit many security guides..wil he b able to mov wit common men.....abeg rescind yr comment
i give up!
Can't you guys read the corrections given to other posters before posting??

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hensben(m): 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
refreshrate:

You should be grateful for those schools.

Where are the government owned schools what care their products like?

You think education should come cheap cry to your government. Where in the world do you get cheap good education?

Those pastors have stood in where your government has failed and you come here to whine? or do you see the government allocating a budget to them for their schools?
I should be grateful to those schools? How? Wealthy men in the society should be owning schools that they pay 950k as school fees not house of God. The best academicians are still not from this schools so what are we talking about. Only in Nigeria you will see a church the wife or son becoming G.O after the death of the pastor. That's business venture. No wonder everybody want to own a church even an unbeliever due to they are beginning to see the exotic life this big pastors live. During GEJ tenure na one of them take get his own private jet, His churches dey the whole world too? If you observe very well it's now a competition amongst big pastors in Nigeria to own a private jet.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 247notire(m): 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
doublewisdom:

On the contrary, you are the disgrace. Your parents should ask for a refund of your school fees as it obviously was a waste. Also your own Alma mater ought to expunge all your 'academic' records.
How could they not have seen that the whole statement was a sarcasm? Nitwits everywhere...

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
Freemanan:

Granted that this cannot be argued, the Pope have his own share of cheat and deceit of the Catholic world...

PAPAL Rome is a load of corruption and sham of Christiandom. Their lies and corruption is NO where near that of NIGERIAN pastors
Without Catholic Church are you going to be a Christian today, maybe without their missionary priest by now you maybe a Muslim, war is going on in south Sudan now,the only christian Evangelist there right now is the Catholic missionary priest,Jehovah's witnesses and private evangelizes. Your so called NIGERIAN pastors are enjoying with their wives and children at the comfort of their home with various private jets and luxurious life, when peace return to that country after 5years, all this Pentecostal churches will return to that country and begin to shout prosperity and my enemies die by fire,they will not go there now and shout it now, the same goes to other war torn countries like Iraq,Syria,Yemen,Libya,Afghanistan etc, all your Nigeria pastors do is to locate their churches in urban areas where they will have easy preys, that is why Catholic Church is growing from strength to strength over the years, been the single Christian religious denomination that its population around world is greater than any religious group in world because God is with them, they sustain the spread of Christianity all over the world through missionaries, in China now Catholic church have the largest congregation, are you not happy that Catholic church is winning souls for your pastor to prey on later. All Christians owed Catholic Church our prayers, without them we will not be Christians today, the northern part of Nigeria are Muslims today because the Catholic missionaries did not reach there on time. Any Christian insulting Catholic church is ungrateful and God will not be happy with ungrateful people.p

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ezyp(m): 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
paris10:
The Pope's US visit was a triumph in upholding Christ teachings. If anything, one thing it does teaches us is that you don't need a private jet, nor a limousine nor even the most expensive carrier to ride in to do God's work.

It teaches us humility in the face of plenty, humbleness in the face of pride, and godliness to silence the greedy and the new generation pastors we have been condoning.

Creflor Dollar needed a $65,000 jet to do God's work ( his congregation are currently donating the money ). Adeboye, Oyedepo et al also need this amount of money to do God's work. Pope rode in a $20k mini series car. He specifically demanded this because " as a man of God you cannot live confortably and ride the most expensive cars whilst the children of God are suffering".

Over to the gullible Nigerian pastors defenders.

Seriously!!!! Op.. Before you typed all this did you ever had the thought that if the Pope is a Nairalander would he approve this write up (of course no) What did the Bible say about we Christians fighting ourselves over our leaders? These pastors did what they thought best and their members aren't complaining but you the non members... In helping out the poor if I may ask you: in your little millions how much did you give to the poor last week, last month, how much do you intend giving out this week? ( THE MARIAM SOCIETY WON'T COME TO SOCIAL MEDIA AND RANT LIKE THIS) Yes if you may know am a Catholic

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hensben(m): 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
MartialArt2:
U are the one who is a Disgrace to human hood. M.a.D man, wild animal like U
He was been sarcastic bro. Smh
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by jaytee01(m): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
oyadanoz:

u stand to defend pop that is making noise. tell me how many country does he visit in a week.
how do u expect someone to minister in diferent country there need for it. as for pop he is only trying to gain porpularity by critisising men of miracle.
See grammar!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hensben(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
erocorp01:

This op must be mad...im sure ur one of d many braim washed nigerians to come here n write such foul rubbish....was jesus not humble on earth n born in a manger?... dint he dine wit d poor? Did he exhalt himslf so dat we can respect him n folk him? U comment is d most stupid comment I have read my whole life. U shd be shoy dead for tinking like dis.
Bro go check meaning of sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by sirTesco(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!
U don't have sense at all.
U are a true definition of gullibility?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by chinuz(m): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
toshmann:

I have a gymn in my basement, you can bring that your thunder over so the thunder can be doing press-up while waiting for the person to strike cheesy
And one Hennessy to take home for you my man..

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by ttmacoy: 2:27pm On Oct 04, 2015
I think TrajansKong was being sarcastic. A least I hope so.

naijadeyhia:

Ignorance!! I will not dignify you with a response other than that. When blind people blindly lead other blind people then a generation of blind people pit bound is the result.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by fortune1968: 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

the irony is well understood .some pastors are mr satan !

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hensben(m): 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2015
Rayhut:

Without Catholic Church are you going to be a Christian today, maybe without their missionary priest by now you maybe a Muslim, war is going on in south Sudan now,the only christian Evangelist their right now is the Catholic missionary priest,Jehovah's witnesses and private evangelizes. Your so called NIGERIAN pastors are enjoying with their wives and children at the comfort of their home with various private jets and luxurious life, when peace return to that country after 5years, all this Pentecostal churches will return to that country and begin to shout prosperity and my enemies die by fire,they will not go their now and shout it now, the same goes to other war torn countries like Iraq,Syria,Yemen,Libya,Afghanistan etc, all your Nigeria pastors do is to locate their churches in urban areas where they will have easy preys, that is why Catholic Church is growing from strength to strength over the years, been the single Christian religious denomination that its population around world is greater than any religious group in world because God is with them, they sustain the spread of Christianity all over the world through missionaries, in China now Catholic church have the largest congregation, are you not happy that Catholic church is winning souls for your pastor to prey on later. All Christians owed Catholic Church our prayers, without them we will not be Christians today, the northern part of Nigeria are Muslims today because the Catholic missionaries did not reach their on time. Any Christian insulting Catholic church is ungrateful and God will not be happy with ungrateful people.
God bless you my brother.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by pomsky: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

[size=20pt]
......hmmm, just wondering where this mockery is coming from?
Yet some clicked "Like" and others "Share".[/size] angry
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
God is God, and God alone!
Some people question that IS THERE GOD? HOW CAN I BELIEVE WHAT OR WHO I CAN'T SEE?
Imagine your younger one did something wrong and you corrected him. If he asks you how did you know what he or she did is wrong, you tell him or her maybe your brain told you.

He or she will further on that how can he believe you are right since he can't see your brain, feel or even touch it! And in the real sense, that's how it's meant to be. You can't say anything to win the child more than saying you just have to BELIEVE... or have FAITH.. or common sense has to tell him that!

That's exactly God! You can't see, you can even feel God, you can't touch and what joins you to him is YOUR FAITH.

God is God and he is God alone. Your creator, your lover, he doesn't want you to perish that's why he wants you to come back to him. There's a great difference between zeal and passion! God wants you to grow from one with ordinary zeal to one with crazy passion.

If he leaves your life for a minute, you're dead for uncountable years.

Jesus loves you, please accept him today!

-Temitope Daniel Abimbola.
www.temitopedaniel.com
#NoSoulMustBeLost
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hyperflex(m): 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
Comparison is an odious thing. The POPE IS a product of an institution that's at least 2000yrs old. That's 2000 yrs to make mistake, correct them, inspire other churches that most of u goto today. Yes the pope can get a jet if he so desires but he is first and foremost a man with choices and beliefs. It is on that belief level that separates these men of God we are talking about. You can't blame the Pope if he drives he does ostentatious things after all he's a public figure and can be exposed to assasinations like Mehmet wanted to do Pope John Paul II and the latter forgave him eventually. These Nigerian pastors have their beliefs on wealth and Christianity and this is why we argue. It wld really be hard to make any sense in this time n age if ur not ostentatious. If u preach to pple the pple u preach to have to have a background thought that u r on a higher level of grace than them. Spiritually, Mentally and Financially. If not you won't be taken serzly. So these pastors give u what you want. They see ur for vanities and appeal to your vanity. Don't blame the pope , don't blame the Nigerian pastors but yourselves because you r given what they think you want.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
Any man of God that can boldly come out and say what hw benefited from the last administration would definitely get the respect of the masses as a true prophet. but how many of them would dare??
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Vock(m): 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

It would be a great disservice to fools if I call you a fool,even fools would marvel at your foolishness
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by XtremelyCoded(m): 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
birdman:

I beg to disagree. The pope can request that plane anytime he wants. It is reserved for him. In essence, the state itself has bought a jet for the pope.

Now compare that with a pastor preaching a sermon in one city on saturday night, and another sermon in another time zone the next morning. Obviously driving is not feasible. Neither can you carry all your staff for 4-5 hour wait at the airport every weekend, assuming you can even find a flight when you want. Have you ever flown a 12 hour flight before? What evangelist is going to try a world missions trip lasting a 3 months flying every two to three days. Even Reinhard Bonnke, on moving to the US, needed a private jet. God so kind, he found a preacher that gave it to him for free!

Are there carnal christians and pastors that lust after jets because it is a status symbol? Yeah. But there are also carnal christians, like you, who think all there is to a plane is the status symbol. The plane is a tool. Its very effective for Ceos, vps , presidents because they can get from point a to point b quickly. . And it is a very effective tool for moving significant ministry resources from point a to point b at a moments notice

God bless u real good...
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by XtremelyCoded(m): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

I bet to disagree with you in some part of your write up.
“A man of God cannot be humble.”

That's wrong. Bible teaches us HUMILITY even in the face of plenty nor your position.
When you talk of true humility, look for Daddy Adeboye, and you know what humility entails.
That a Man of God cannot be humble, is a lie from the pit of hades.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Godson1996: 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
The Pope would have driven the car from the Vatican to the USA or better still use a boat to the U.S. did you see the plane he landed with? Be wise guys, if a world class preacher need a jet and can afford it don't resent that. Militants, ex governors, corrupt officials have jets, how many have you criticized. If my pastor needs a jet, I'll be the first to make a contribution.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by jaytee01(m): 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
Donpizzle:

20000x200=#4000000. Dats stil too much koz sme ppl dnt hv food to eat in their houses. I tink he should sell d car nd giv d money includin all his assets to the poor den trek bck to Rome koz Jesus christ nvr used a car.if e does that, then i wil see reasons to agree wif u. For now u re talkin shiit....
Have you told your pastor about this?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by livebullet(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
hyfr:
Oyedepo is a passionate business man. Back in the bible it was men of God who told the leaders what to do,look at today none of them can even stand up and say "thus says the lord". I pray God will expose them 1 by 1

who tell u? didnt dey tell oga jona...thus sayesth the lord god? that u shall win 2015 election?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by jaytee01(m): 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
lezz:
Do not mind them. When you ask them to mention men of God in the bible that lived life of affluence and stupendous wealth, they will start quoting David and Solomon who were kings, while conveniently leaving out the new testament apostles who were humble and hard working yet living averagely.

The[b] missionaries that brought Christianity to these thieves in gospel suffered mosquito bites and other inconveniences and even built some churches with their money.
[/b]
The scale of religious blackmail will soon fall off in Nigeria.
Don't mind the thieves

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by jaytee01(m): 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2015
abiambo:
Did his 20k dollars (5 million naira) car take him from Europe to America (Cuba and usa), or did he go with a commercial plane? + how often does the pope travel compared to the other preachers u mentioned Think before u quote me
So these other preachers are busier than the pope, abi? What has been the fruit of their so called "travels"? Why don't we find them in poverty stricken countries where their attention is needed most?

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by jaytee01(m): 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
globalresource:
@ op.. Keep hating.. .you will reap hatred in return(not a curse, but law of life). Creflo Dollar asked for money for private Jet and he gave his reasons(not steal). It is left for his congregation to make their decision on that. What the hell is your headache about that? Are you one of the people bankrolling his mission

Politicians are here stealing money.. .You remain helpless. Whereas some of these pastors like Bishop Oyedepo is not on the pay roll of the church. Many who you won't see on the pages of nairaland gives bountifully unto him and they are happy doing it. He has nothing to do with the offering. Most people hating here rarely gives in church or don't attend at all. Whereas we who gives cheerfully don't complain and we are happy doing it.

How would you compare the Pope with other pastors? Have you been to Vatican city and see for yourself.. .you would be surprise at the sight of beauty and magnificence(my due respect to the pope)

Your hatred will lead you no where. Keep googling pastors around the world.. Many have connected with them for the supernatural prosperity and you are mourning

My advice to you.. ..keep wailing. I don't expect you to grab the spiritual importance of honoring our men of God

You had celebrate when you see Jay Z with private jet but wail when Men of God use the same

Over to you destiny wailers
Rubbish
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 143boi: 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
I have had cause to question my christian journey this past few days and primarily instigated by this popes trip. How many jets do this men of God need to "evangelise"? because most of them have 2,3 or more this days,some running a commercial line. Men of God wearing versace shirts and cavalli shoes in the midst of "plenty in the land". Do u know the popularity rating of the pope in America,where the detest christians and all? Vry high, he speaks and the world sneezes. Pope John Paul 2 travelled to over 190 countries without having a jet to show Jesus love in its biggest form,how many countries do this daddies go with their jet? IM a rccg member but i ask alot of questions these days,we follow to much mumuly i think. Over a million people lined the street to greet the pope,i was elated,i was proud to be a christian, obama and his family came to meet him at the foot of his plane...and this pipl with their jet since all this days still need people to introduce them to obama....smh,if u see the grace this pope enjoys u knw its not wat man can give. There is no christian body that has contributed to the society as much as the catholic church, there is no one on this blog who has not benefitted directly or indirectly from them,all this churches wat do they do? collect money and keep collecting...is that wat the bible says? Feed my lamp,whatsoever u do to the least of my brethren...etc....God help us all

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Madowner(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
Even If it's for God, I don't believe spendinq money from your congregation is just... if not Jesus Christ would have commanded a castle to appear so that the 5000 he preached to and himself would be comfortable and many more, the son of man didn't sshow any atom of earthly wealth even when he had both wealth...well, Nigerians willalways be Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Tom Samson, His Hummer Limo, & Bodyguards Storm Cama Awards (pics) / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / "I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.