Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) (11946 Views)

List Your Top 5 Favorite Nairaland Writers / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread / Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Bhenehdikt(m): 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
I concur
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Ishilove: 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Beautiful line.

Aunt Ishi, won't you also tell us a story? Aren't you going to be a participant?
I wish I could, but I can't. Time constraints.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ishilove:

Oh, okay. I really want to read your work, I swear!

Can you, please, be one of the moderators again?

I've missed your style of handling offenders with our infamous jail.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by EfemenaXY: 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
LarrySun:
A wonderful suggestion, sir! I think you've. I think this sums up all there is to it. A plot outline that barely scratches the surface would point writers in the right direction without having to lose the suspenseful taste the readers would like to savour.

Let's see if anybody has any dissenting opinion.

The more structure, the better Larry - just like Season One's. Otherwise it'll be a directionless exercise where anything goes.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by EfemenaXY: 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ishilove:

Don't say that. We'll manage a paragraph even.

C'mon Ishi dear...Pretty please? wink wink wink kiss kiss

Actually, why am I trying to cajole you? You know you'd like to. Writing flows in your veins, Ishi smiley smiley
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by EfemenaXY: 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
LarrySun:
Wow! You're awesome, ma'am. Your narrative skills are socko! Thanks for joining us in this collaboration.

Thanks, EfemenaXY, for fishing her out! You're a brilliant fisherwoman. cheesy

Thanks. She's a rare gem. smiley
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by whitemosquito(f): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2015
Bhenehdikt:

You're welcome dear...We miss Gotham
Awww. Lol. I hear.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Bhenehdikt(m): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
whitemosquito:
Awww. Lol. I hear.
You'll update it soon right?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by LarrySun(m): 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
Okay, guys. Let's discuss the plots. Does anyone here have an interesting storyline that cuts across different genres?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by stuff46(m): 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
LarrySun:
Okay, guys. Let's discuss the plots. Does anyone here have an interesting storyline that cuts across different genres?

Can someone not participating give a storyline?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Frosti(m): 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2015
LarrySun:
Yes! It's back again! cheesy

One of the most exciting events of the Nairaland Literature Section is back again!

This is the third season of the popular NWC that began in 2013.

Check out the first season (2013) here

And the second season (2014) here

Below is the list of writers who have participated in the collaboration so far (including their popular works on Nairaland)

-Season 1-

Chapter One: Larry Sun Black Maria

Chapter Two: Frank317 (Frank Anozie) Secrets of the Gods

Chapter Three: Redmosquito Sango: Return of Lightning

Chapter Four: EfemenaXY Mysterious Depths (https://my.bookbaby.com/book/mysterious-depths)

Chapter Five: MaziOmenuko NYSC: National Year of Sex and Comfort

Chapter Six: Oahray Patch of Black

Chapter Seven: Sigmundfreud

Chapter Eight: Ishilove "The Place of Rest" - Wasimi Chronicles

Chapter Nine: Uniquexty

Chapter Ten: HumbledbYGrace Jewels of Africa

Chapter Eleven: Frosti

Chapter Twelve: Mynd44 The Guardians - Rise of the Powers that Be

Chapter Thirteen: Larry Sun

Chapter Fourteen: Rapmaestro Love in my Favour

-Season 2-

Chapter One: Larry Sun

Chapter Two: Frank317 (Frank Anozie)

Chapter Three: Repogirl (Peju Amadi) False Pretenses

Chapter Four: TemitopeDaniel The Unknown

Chapter Five: Therock5555 The Preacher's Son

Chapter Six: PrettySpicey (T.M Spice) Take Me As I AM

Chapter Seven: Kayemjay (Kevin John) An Evening with Eva

Chapter Eight: MaziOmenuko

Chapter Nine: AudreyTimms Unfulfilled Promises

Chapter Ten: OMA4U Patron of Matrimony

Chapter Eleven: Divepen1 The Unknown Shadows

Chapter Twelve: KingzPen On the Run

Chapter Thirteen: HumbledbYGrace

Chapter Fourteen: Chistar01 Why I Want to be Bad

Chapter Fifteen: D9ty7 All in a Circle

Chapter Sixteen: Royver I See Things Others do not See

If you are a writer who is interested in participating in the third season, let us discuss your eligibility.

For the readers: Let us know which of your favourite writers you would love to see participate in this exciting project. smiley

Below is the current list of participating writers for this third season. The list shall be duly updated as more writers join. The timetable shall come up as soon as the list is complete.

1. Larry Sun

2. Llaykorn

3. Slap1

4. EfemenaXY

5. ÓluwabuqqyYOLO

6. Divepen1

7. Nuges11

8. Dygeasy

9. Greeneyes

10. Oahray

11. Royver

12. Sveen

13. EggovinMma

Hey Larry Sun,

Have all the slots been filled yet? It would be nice to be a part of this once more. Add my name to the list of contributors.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by LarrySun(m): 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
Frosti:

Hey Larry Sun,

Have all the slots been filled yet? It would be nice to be a part of this once more. Add my name to the list of contributors.
Wow! Frosti! shocked shocked shocked

Jeez! You're so welcome! You've been added sharperly cheesy
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Frosti(m): 10:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
LarrySun:

You are the man! Quite busy of late, but will give it my best shot. Thanks and Cheers!
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by greeeneyes(m): 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
@Larrysun Thanks for including me, sir.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Dyoungstar: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
I AM HERE... grin

LARRYSUN YOU DIDNT CALL ME.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Oyinprince(m): 7:03am On Oct 10, 2015
*observing
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 9:39am On Oct 15, 2015
LarrySun:

Visit the first page of this thread to see where i mentioned you or is the space filled up yet?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2015
Larrysun Sire...........

May I please be part of the collabo? Miss writing like our famous kota.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by johnspurgeon014(m): 10:38am On Oct 15, 2015
Inform a scriptwriter!!!

Hello guys, I've been an avid, albeit passive reader of stories and opinions on these writer threads for quite sometime. As such, I know good writers can be found on these threads.

I'm John Spurgeon Iheanetu, a freelance screenwriter based in Uyo although I service a few movie studio clients in Lagos via our social media links.

I recently had a request from a few clients for a short film scripts and romantic comedies. Honestly, these aren't my favorite genres. Not only will I not be comfortable attempting to write them, I might be wasting my client's time.

If you know a scriptwriter, or you're one, please contact me via email. johnspurgeon014@gmail.com

Send me a synopsis of a good, marketable romantic comedy or a short film script(s) and a five page preview of your script (preferrably in MS WORD format) to ascertain how familiar you are with script format. Also include the lowest possible price for your story. I'd forward the best stories to these clients to select, negotiate on your behalf and get back to you when they do.

I need this done like a week ago. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Ayjos10(m): 6:17pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnspurgeon014:
Inform a scriptwriter!!!

Hello guys, I've been an avid, albeit passive reader of stories and opinions on these writer threads for quite sometime. As such, I know good writers can be found on these threads.

I'm John Spurgeon Iheanetu, a freelance screenwriter based in Uyo although I service a few movie studio clients in Lagos via our social media links.

I recently had a request from a few clients for a short film scripts and romantic comedies. Honestly, these aren't my favorite genres. Not only will I not be comfortable attempting to write them, I might be wasting my client's time.

If you know a scriptwriter, or you're one, please contact me via email. johnspurgeon014@gmail.com

Send me a synopsis of a good, marketable romantic comedy or a short film script(s) and a five page preview of your script (preferrably in MS WORD format) to ascertain how familiar you are with script format. Also include the lowest possible price for your story. I'd forward the best stories to these clients to select, negotiate on your behalf and get back to you when they do.

I need this done like a week ago. Thanks
hw sure are we dat u wnt abscond with d work without hearing frm u agn
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by johnspurgeon014(m): 9:00am On Oct 16, 2015
Ayjos10:
hw sure are we dat u wnt abscond with d work without hearing frm u agn

You won't be sending me your complete script but a preview. Once a price is agreed on and the interested client approves your script preview, the client'll make an initial payment which I'll forward to you. You'll send in the complete script next, and make any subsequent changes required by the client. The final payment would be made after the script is edited to the client's taste. I hope this makes sense.

All I need at first is a synopsis and five-page preview of your romance-comedy script or short film script for approval. Once this is done, the rest of the process will follow.

Thanks for showing interest.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by EfemenaXY: 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
Updates pls, Larrysun.

Has a decision been made on the structure and theme of this exercise? Any proposed dates?

Waiting...
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Bhenehdikt(m): 7:38pm On May 04, 2016
I missed out on the exercise.. Boss LarrySun,how did it go?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me / Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition / The First Bloods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.